• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

XVape XLUX ROFFU

JoeMama

Wondering if anyone else has observed that the "tube" that slides over the heater screen on the ROFFU gets a lot looser over time?

Just per this picture, the tube will slide up and down with hardly and "grab" to it; it used to be much snugger. Maybe not a huge deal but every degree counts on the conduction points (even though this is a convection vape). I can't figure out why I'm having trouble posting a direct photo link to IMGUR, so here's just the link: Click for photo

Like I said, maybe mouse nuts worth of a difference if it was snug; just looking to improve efficiencies.

:peace:

Last edited:

JoeMama

I've had a couple of little odd incidents with the device just here over the past couple of days and since they've both occurred now about three different times figured I'd see if anyone else had it happen.

OK So, a couple of times now after clicking the power button the screen will just start to light up and then shut back off. So far it has powered right back up like normal immediately after. Also a couple of times when it powers up the screen is a little scrambled like some of the display information will be on top of each other. But like the other issue after powering it off then right back on the display will be back to normal.

Anyone else had something like this happen? I'm just hoping it's not like a bad sign and possible I may have a faulty device or something.

Yes, I've bought two and both do exactly this, and one or two other digital farts. I never thought to raise it to XLUX since it doesn't seem to affect operation. Good that they should be aware of it though.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Wondering if anyone else has observed that the "tube" that slides over the heater screen on the ROFFU gets a lot looser over time?

Just per this picture, the tube will slide up and down with hardly and "grab" to it; it used to be much snugger. Maybe not a huge deal but every degree counts on the conduction points (even though this is a convection vape). I can't figure out why I'm having trouble posting a direct photo link to IMGUR, so here's just the link: Click for photo

Like I said, maybe mouse nuts worth of a difference if it was snug; just looking to improve efficiencies.

:peace:

@LesPlenty mentioned the company was working on a tool and replacement technique for the bottom oven oring. This was late last year. No updates since.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
the screen is a little scrambled like some of the display information will be on top of each other. But like the other issue after powering it off then right back on the display will be back to normal.
This gremlin has shown up on a few devices and does not affect performance, I would start a return if it persists and bothers you.
inserting a fresh battery starts the heater for 15 - 20 seconds or so.
This is a fault that will get you a replacement from the factory and the only reason I can think of why they put it onto the email system for a fix.
This is another fault that is being worked on, a less-than-perfect tool and fix were supposed to be sent out to peeps that had this problem as I was asked to get post details from affected people but the hook and o-rings were not sent out. I have asked for a reason why but am yet to hear back, I am hoping that a better fix is almost due and the reason for the hold-up. Some users have resorted to slipping their spare oven plate o-ring onto the post to tighten it back up, I prefer mine loose and will not be fixing it.
@LesPlenty mentioned the company was working on a tool and replacement technique for the bottom oven oring.
Still working on it!
I called them but they just referred me to the support email.
I would try the e-mail route then if you have not already, let us know how you get on.:tup:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Another good sized group of wpa’s shipped out today. To those that ordered please leave feedback here when youve had a minute to check them out. Even sent out an angus prototype wpa. Hoping it’s a good fit and I can start producing those as well.

Madtater

that sucks, I had been picturing a sweet leather cover in maybe a light tan or maybe a mahogany - he'd have a market for those if he could pull it off :)
Ya. He said he couldnt get the leather to flatten out when he was stitching it. He said he tried 4 times, then got frustrated and quit.

I would love to get a nice leather case modeled after the silicon one. Maybe something dark, yes like mahogany. Or maybe light like a birch wood.

Either way…..i have a case for it, but a leather one would be 🔥

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Isn't there a member here who makes leather items, I've seen "jackets" for other handheld devices, "Duba" maybe, cheers!
Does not look like thin leather on most but you can always ask as a leatherette material is also available.:tup:

Another good sized group of wpa’s shipped out today. To those that ordered please leave feedback here when youve had a minute to check them out. Even sent out an angus prototype wpa. Hoping it’s a good fit and I can start producing those as well.
I received my Roffu WPA piece yesterday and gave it a whirl last night. Worked great!

Definitely needed to adjust down my temp while using it so gonna try and dial that in. Maybe drop down to 360F or so. Got excellent extraction, flavor, and clouds out of it.

No ragrets here! Excellent product/craftsmanship! Cheers, man!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I received my Roffu WPA piece yesterday and gave it a whirl last night. Worked great!

Definitely needed to adjust down my temp while using it so gonna try and dial that in. Maybe drop down to 360F or so. Got excellent extraction, flavor, and clouds out of it.

No ragrets here! Excellent product/craftsmanship! Cheers, man!
Thanks for the review. I personally start at 350 and stir/step to 375 then again to 395. I love the built in stir tool for this reason.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I have now cleaned my device twice and taking apart the mouth piece and doing a full cleaning does make you appreciate the design. Vapor is cooled well considering the small vapor path. The entire unit just looks slick. Decent vapor density. OK vapor quality. I still feel cleanability is potentially its most standout asset.

edit, my biggest complaint is the screen system that goes into the mouth piece. I took mine out to clean and took the screen out of the silicone piece. It was nearly impossible to get that damn screen to stick back in there again and it kept popping out. Easy to lose when it does. A "screen with a plug" would be an alternative type of option without having to fight getting that damn little screen into that ring.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It was nearly impossible to get that damn screen to stick back in there again and it kept popping out.
I replaced that stamped plate screen with a mesh job, it rarely ever needs cleaning. I use DDave Dynavap Ti screens myself,
Yoa can also use the supplied plate filter disc as a template to cut down a larger mesh screen.
I see you have 15x VC @IAmKrazy2 so you may have the DDave screens already.:tup:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I had put these photos in a comparison thread, meant to put them here!
@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd, Jo_Da Glass, was easy to work with! After a brief dicussion, I just gave him dealer's choice on colors and that worked out great. Cool looking, flawless function. Nice work!

I love the marbalized blue.
I didn't tell him the color of my Roffu. I think the green rings wpa would look better with a gray Roffu, but I like holding it up to a light anyway!

Originally I had dicussed Swedish colors, blue & yellow and I think he kept that at least a little bit in mind. He had told me yellow is a bitch to work, and that putting rings of two colors on the same wpa would also be a hassle.

Zebadan

Hi, sorry if this has been asked/discussed before - I've skimmed through 20 or so pages of this topic but running out of time now so thought I'd ask....

Has anyone seen a problem with the Roffu turning itself off and on repeatedly on it's own?

Mine has just started doing this, out of the blue (had it for about 6 months now). It has spells of not doing it, then just starts turning on/off again

My glass bowl is also loose now as well, as I see mentioned above, so every time I attempt to empty the bowl by turning it upside down, the tube falls out as well. Is this just something that happens after a while?

Thanks

thx1138

Hi, sorry if this has been asked/discussed before - I've skimmed through 20 or so pages of this topic but running out of time now so thought I'd ask....

Has anyone seen a problem with the Roffu turning itself off and on repeatedly on it's own?

Mine has just started doing this, out of the blue (had it for about 6 months now). It has spells of not doing it, then just starts turning on/off again

My glass bowl is also loose now as well, as I see mentioned above, so every time I attempt to empty the bowl by turning it upside down, the tube falls out as well. Is this just something that happens after a while?

Thanks
omg the loose bowl and device turning on and off, that sucks
I just gave one of these to my sister, a newbie to vaping who needs to stop combusting IMHO, and if this happens, it'd turn off a rookie vaper real fast
@Zebadan - how long does the device stay on when it does this? does it do it while its just sitting around untouched, or is there something that you do (of any kind) prior to this happening?

Zebadan

The on/off cycle happens about every 6 seconds and just keeps going - it doesn't actually turn fully on, the Roffu logo comes up, then it turns off, couple of seconds later, it does it again, and again and again..... until I take the battery out.

It's not doing it al the time though, seems better after I've plugged a charger into it, or taken the battery out and put it back - it will sometimes start coming on/off again on it's again after this though.

It will also still come on as normal with the 5 pushes of the button.

I still love it as a vape though, I don't have much to compare it too, just the Xmax and the Starry (this looks like I'm sponsored by Xmax - I'm not, just opted for these as best value for money after researching). I find the Roffu a much smoother and more refined vape than the Xmax, IMO

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I had put these photos in a comparison thread, meant to put them here!
@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd, Jo_Da Glass, was easy to work with! After a brief dicussion, I just gave him dealer's choice on colors and that worked out great. Cool looking, flawless function. Nice work!

I love the marbalized blue.
I didn't tell him the color of my Roffu. I think the green rings wpa would look better with a gray Roffu, but I like holding it up to a light anyway!

Originally I had dicussed Swedish colors, blue & yellow and I think he kept that at least a little bit in mind. He had told me yellow is a bitch to work, and that putting rings of two colors on the same wpa would also be a hassle.

I love the blue you got!! (and that green does not look too bad with yours either! Yellowy)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Has anyone seen a problem with the Roffu
We have not had one like that, we did have a run on some grey units turning on for a few seconds after the USB-C cable was removed after charging or a battery was installed but those problems are now very rare. I am sorry you have run into trouble but help is at hand, call the following number (or message) to describe your new fault and get the help you need...
Email: Support@xvapeusa.com
Phone: 9095171100
omg the loose bowl
This seems to be a wearing part and can be fixed by slipping one of the spare oven disc o-rings on the post. This is a known problem that a fix is being worked on for. An early pick tool was almost sent to those that needed it but the engineers were not happy with the tool and are currently still trying to come up with a solution.
Please register your problem with the contact details shown above @thx1138 to get on the list for a fix.

Top Bottom