XVape XLUX ROFFU

Old Stoner1958

Got my replacement yesterday ( took 2 business days) to NH ) and Xvape took care of the shipping of the old unit .
I really really like this vape. It hits ne really hard when thats what I want. IMO for the money I still feel you cant do better.
The accssories are nice and cheap but the unit does not feel cheap. It is very versitle with glass or metal chambers and the WPA/MP is a good addition. I use the caps most of the time with the glass chamber and love the flavor and vapor production. I use it every day and I am glad I bought it.

JoeMama

No harm in temp stepping to drag out a load if that is your preference as starting as low as 150C/300f still gets clouds.

The caps can move up and down a tiny bit but most, if not all of the hot air goes thru the load, they are a snug fit.
I have used the caps with the roasting tube disc still installed (forgot to take it out), it seals fine but the CU does sit up on the oven side a smidge.
Thanks, Les.

I can appreciate a different approach of temp stepping as low as 150C, and I have when I've loaded the tube directly with herb. I think the ROFFU heater is outstanding. But IMO, the temperature "profile" of a dosing capsule would add some additional hysteresis to the unit's thermostat and make "150C" need to become "190C" to get the equivalent heat dissipation into the load. I'm not a thermal engineer but I like to pretend on forums. :)

I've spent the
FWIW when it comes to using capsules I've made the following observations:
• Regardless of configuration of screens the temp needs to be upped 25-35% to get similar clouds
• Snug fit yields better clouds. If the capsule floats, it does not gain the advantage of immediate conduction from the metal heater vent. By using both the grommeted screen and tube screen, clouds occur MUCH sooner at the same temperatures than if both screens are removed. If NO screen is used, it's therefore taking longer and wasting battery energy IMO.

I guess since I have to clean the CU anyway, the grommeted screen can be cleaned along with it. But it all definitely works for me this way!:tup:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
If the capsule floats, it does not gain the advantage of immediate conduction from the metal heater vent.

In my opinion, and based on the mode is use which is the 3 minute session, so as not to have to continually press the button as when using it in “On Demand” mode. As you are waiting for the buzzer or temp dial, the capsule is sitting directly on the heater, so it’s getting warmed up similar to an oven type conduction device, and I tend to wait a bit after it reaches SET TEMP. The capsule only “floats” a bit when you draw, by suction. I think that’s actually good as I don’t really like the capsule constantly roasting on the oven heater. I think that is one factor that speeds diminishing flavor. Any air space between the capsule and oven tube would be negligible, it’s tight enough to float when you hit it, but the total raise in the tube instead much to be concerned with.

Oh, and your TEMP offsets on without and without capsules might be accurate, it’s logical with most devices that use metal capsules. But just know by many early reviews and feedback in this thread, the Roffu temperatures can vary widely from one to another, and most including myself, find the temps quite a bit higher then what we are used to in other other similar devices. Not complaining, I’ll always prefer a higher limit, I just adjust with the buttons.

Petetbay

FWIW when it comes to using capsules I've made the following observations:
• Regardless of configuration of screens the temp needs to be upped 25-35% to get similar clouds
Besides the addition of conductive heating the caps hold less and to get equivalent vapor with a smaller load requires that extra heat. I actually tried a double cap load couple of times using JoDaGlass wpa/stem as 2 caps just fit and worked surprisingly good, needs a revisit, one with hash and one with herb. I used to be a big cap user, but my digital dexterity prevents this now, still like try things out now and again.

Drilled out the CU to fit JoDaGlass wpa/stem works great, have to put up some pics, it’s like wow. :doh:

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My replacement is due today, I found out when I got the tracking, today.

There is an odd request, imho.
The email from support wants me to destroy the old device with a knife!

The email:

The replacement have arranged to ship to you by UPS tracking
no.:xxxxxx
Any question you pls let me know again , thanks

In order to avoid mixed , would you pls destroy the defect one of using a knife to X marked the device body after you get the replacement?

XVAPE™ Support Team
P.S.
All Your Bases Are Belong To Us!
(Okay. I added that last part...)

hinglemccringleberry

HEAVY burn-off needed for my standards. Added bourbon.
Can you elaborate?
Did you use the whiskey to clean things on the Roffu in an attempt to remove the "out of the box" smells, or do you mean you had so little success removing those smells with burnoffs that you had to drown your sorrows in some whiskey?

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: LesPlenty

2tiki

The email:

In order to avoid mixed , would you pls destroy the defect one of using a knife to X marked the device body after you get the replacement?

They probably mean just to scratch an X into the surface so you don't ever go to use the old one thinking it's the new one, and then tell them the new one is broken when it's still the old one. I wouldn't worry about it. Or if they are having you send it back it's for them to know for sure it's a broken one, perhaps.

Besides the addition of conductive heating the caps hold less and to get equivalent vapor with a smaller load requires that extra heat. I actually tried a double cap load couple of times using JoDaGlass wpa/stem as 2 caps just fit and worked surprisingly good, needs a revisit, one with hash and one with herb. I used to be a big cap user, but my digital dexterity prevents this now, still like try things out now and again.

Drilled out the CU to fit JoDaGlass wpa/stem works great, have to put up some pics, it’s like wow. :doh:

I was wondering if that would work. Can you show some pics of that the CU looks like now without the glass in it? Did you just need to drill out the thin extra bit of plastic that holds the silicone grommet, or did you have to drill out past that?
Also, it looks like your sleeve has horizontal lines in it where mine doesn't. Did you do anything to the silicone sleeve/case?

Mad_Max

My replacement is due today, I found out when I got the tracking, today.

The email:

The replacement have arranged to ship to you by UPS tracking
no.:xxxxxx
Any question you pls let me know again , thanks

XVAPE™ Support Team
P.S.
All Your Bases Are Belong To Us!
(Okay. I added that last part...)
Are you required to send your old one back after attacking it with a knife?

Petetbay

I was wondering if that would work. Can you show some pics of that the CU looks like now without the glass in it? Did you just need to drill out the thin extra bit of plastic that holds the silicone grommet, or did you have to drill out past that?
Also, it looks like your sleeve has horizontal lines in it where mine doesn't. Did you do anything to the silicone sleeve/case?
The top part is magnetic metal and below is some kind of plastic and hole for grommet is bigger now and no longer will hold it in place, so you need a new one to use the grommet again. Pics before and after and the the adapter in place upside down. I was gonna drill out the silicone wpa to use as a holder grommet for the adapter, but the CU skin works fine.

The horizontal line you see on the CU skin is a silicone band to secure the skin from slipping off. My skin is very slippery and slips off too easy, but I have another that turns out isn’t and using now with no need for the band, weird 2 different skins.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Or if they are having you send it back it's for them to know for sure it's a broken one, perhaps.

Are you required to send your old one back after attacking it with a knife?
I think they trust me to make the X and slay the device. They have no interest in the gorey remains.

Maybe I'll try flashing Red Panda into it?:science:

In the Plus column, they sent a full kit with all the goodies. The grinder is black, whereas the one I got in December is unfinished.
The new Roffu works great!
Thank you Xvape!

Old Stoner1958

I think they trust me to make the X and slay the device. They have no interest in the gorey remains.

Maybe I'll try flashing Red Panda into it?:science:

In the Plus column, they sent a full kit with all the goodies. The grinder is black, whereas the one I got in December is unfinished.
The new Roffu works great!
Thank you Xvape!
My replacement was the Full Kit also. I had originally got the Lite Kit.

The caps are great for getting an even roast without having to stir...the little bit of conduction also make a nice small change to the overall experience.

Not as easy to 'pocket' but I took my OEM WPA/mouthpiece camping and used the WPA/MP while at base and the OG CU while bushwalking, it was great in that situation.

The bit of conduction adds a nice change to the vaping profile

Mine also lives upside down (in Australia after all :lol:) without the roasting tube disc/filter when used on my hack.
I agree, dosing caps definitely have some advantages. Where can you get dosing caps though? I'm from Europe and can barely find the roffu, but no luck on dosing caps or a wpa so far.

Is there a list or collection of buying options for accessories which work well and are generally recommended by the community?

PurpleBird,
Reactions: LesPlenty

twain55

Still not sure how the Roffu can be that much better than their other vapes, specifically the V3 Pro.

Oh and to The TopGreen rep or whoever, I don't return vapes lol, If you sent me one I wouldn't want a replacement too.

Madtater

Still not sure how the Roffu can be that much better than their other vapes, specifically the V3 Pro.
well, everyone is different and there are multiple factors that go into people’s opinions of said devices.

But you ARE posting in the Roffu thread. You should post a thread in the “Ask FC” area and ask why people think one vape is better than others….if you REALLY wanna know.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Have you tried both, to compare? I know for sure I like one over the other, while I still consider them both very good (though not in the 'great' category).
"They" are not the same design team as V3pro. Same manufacturing facility, but XMax is not XVape, the way I understand it.

My first uses of Roffu were as a sipper; I kept lower temps and riding for 6 or 8 hits, pretty cool and mostly tasty. Even with the wpa and glass, I was keeping it mellow.

With the more recent mod things we've been doing, more like a stem on a log, I'm chugging through in 2 or 3 hits. Still not over 200C, more like 190-195 to keep some balance towards flavor in the equation.

fogbank

The Roffu produces tons of vapor with an easy, slow draw. As far as drawing is concerned the Roffu requires the least effort of all my convection vapes. The Roffu heater is a beast. I prefer the glass tube of the WPA over the original mouthpiece, even though I always use it dry.

It's amazing how much vapor the Roffu produces and how well it extracts with easy, slow draws.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Can you elaborate?
Did you use the whiskey to clean things on the Roffu in an attempt to remove the "out of the box" smells, or do you mean you had so little success removing those smells with burnoffs that you had to drown your sorrows in some whiskey?

sorry for confusing everyone here. I did not put bourbon into the Roffu. It was a Friday night and after many burnoffs i was still getting a little bit of the silicon taste. I drank some bourbon until i forgot about the taste.

this silicone type taste is now gone. Not going to act like flavor is a top aspect of the Roffu but certainly better now than before.

Great forum factor. As i said before the cleanability of the removable bowls and vapor path on this device is its biggest strength. Easiest to clean session style portable i can think of.

Last edited:

Mad_Max

I put that piece of silicone that holds the cooling spiral in the toaster oven on a pan at 200 (though @LesPlenty suggested no more than 150) for 3-4 min about a dozen times. I guess you could boil it? It's better than having to go through 10+ bowls with that. I'm liking to use the stock mouthpiece at the moment - it is cooler than it seems it should be! 🥶

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Where can you get dosing caps though? I'm from Europe
Not cheap but very well built.:tup:
I do not know if better, more of just a bit different.
Then read more or buy one to try for yourself
I say, get both and still be happy as they are both great vapes, and being so affordable just makes them better IMO.

twain55

Have you tried both, to compare? I know for sure I like one over the other, while I still consider them both very good (though not in the 'great' category).
"They" are not the same design team as V3pro. Same manufacturing facility, but XMax is not XVape, the way I understand it.

My first uses of Roffu were as a sipper; I kept lower temps and riding for 6 or 8 hits, pretty cool and mostly tasty. Even with the wpa and glass, I was keeping it mellow.

With the more recent mod things we've been doing, more like a stem on a log, I'm chugging through in 2 or 3 hits. Still not over 200C, more like 190-195 to keep some balance towards flavor in the equation.
I've read the posts but can you list the mods you've done? I like the idea of a wireless log so to speak.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Nominated for POST OF THE MONTH! :)

I am not a man of moderation. So to be fair when I said "some" bourbon I was probably three sheets to the wind and having a hard time making my post that night..

Back on topic.

Been doing one or two Roffu bowls a day while taking a walk. Not as much of a ripper as a Mighty or even the Rogue but an enjoyable quick mostly convection signature.

I'll say it again... seems it will be easiest to clean of any other vape in its class. This is something very important to me and the reason I use mostly Flowerpot/Cannabis Hardware + Stem vapes like Zion, Milana, TuboEvic or Dyna products exclusively... when you a heavy heavy user these are some of the easiest to maintain

Top Bottom