• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

XVape XLUX ROFFU

fogbank

However the taste was so awful I didn't go further, have not been able to test further, still letting it air out and running burnoffs, maybe this is from the packaging material smell??
If you look at my first post you will see that I noticed the bad taste right away. It tastes like the black foam packaging right out of the box. I've had other vapes packaged in that stuff before, as well as some hard shell vape cases. It just plain stinks, for a while.

The Roffu will lose that foam packaging taste after some use, but I think XLux/XVape should reconsider the packaging of the Roffu.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Maybe try a baking soda soak.
My CamelBak water bottle has a soft silicone mouthpiece that kept the taste of the dawn dish detergent after I washed it. Baking soda removed the stubborn taste.

Thanks, the silicone is not really the issue though, I think it's good high quality like that in the v3pro, pretty quick to neutralize easily, the smell is from within the heating element so unfortunately there is no way to deep clean it at all... That would be a great feature, I love the removable cleanable chamber, it would be awesome to do that with the entire heating element! Maybe next designs...

If you look at my first post you will see that I noticed the bad taste right away. It tastes like the black foam packaging right out of the box. I've had other vapes packaged in that stuff before, as well as some hard shell vape cases. It just plain stinks, for a while.

The Roffu will lose that foam packaging taste after some use, but I think XLux/XVape should reconsider the packaging of the Roffu.

Yes exactly, @Abysmal Vapor was just talking about this in the v3pro thread as well, it does seem like it came from the packaging, but it is much worse here for me... So yeah I'm just going to let it sit for a while, then I'll run burn offs again I guess? Agreed a different type of packaging would be great if this is indeed the culprit because it spoils a great product out of the box...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Shit Snacks The whole mold in the packaging was crumbly,i did a test on white paper and a lot of black particles fell out of it ,also hot glue spots were clearly visible,maybe they didnt let the glue air out or worse case some of the crumbly packaging got stuck onto the heater/chamber and it is offgassing ,lol .
Also maybe it is about time that someone does a tear down of those vapes.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks The whole mold in the packaging was crumbly,i did a test on white paper and a lot of black particles fell out of it ,also hot glue spots were clearly visible,maybe they didnt let the glue air out or worse case some of the crumbly packaging got stuck onto the heater/chamber and it is offgassing ,lol .
Also maybe it is about time that someone does a tear down of those vapes.

I will say that mind did not seem crumbly and the smell of it has dissipated since it has been aired out now too, also with the air holes so tiny I don't think microscopic bits really would get in but maybe? Their path was right up against that material in the packaging... Yeah the design and everything seems very nice, it's just a shame I cannot really use it yet, could just be mine, or could just be me! We'll see, we'll see, still early

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I just need a price reduction
Might be on sale next black Friday sale time...still less than half the price of a Mighty+ and about the price of 2x packs of 'roll-your-own' cigarettes in Oz.
Topgreen sell these for US$109ea but you have to buy 10 so we will see them well discounted after a while.
I have found the sun to be good at getting rid of nasty new vape smells, sitting the culprit on a window sill for a couple of days usually helps.

fogbank

I have now combusted twice with the metal bowl at 428°F in Session mode. It happened on the second draw from a freshly loaded bowl. I stirred after the first hit, and the whole bowl combusted about 3-4 seconds into the second hit. Material was completely black throughout. Unmistakable combustion.

I cleaned everything thoroughly and loaded another bowl and set the temp to 410°F. This time I sensed combustion 3-4 seconds into the second hit, but only part of the bowl combusted. I stopped drawing and sealed the mouthpiece, so I think I prevented the rest of the bowl from combusting.

Today I switched to the glass bowl (again) and vaped a bowl at 428°F. No combustion, very thorough extraction, dark brown/black ABV. It just takes a little longer to get the vapor going with the glass bowl.

I think a slower draw results in a hotter bowl, more conduction heating, and more risk of combustion. A faster draw cools the bowl slightly, resulting in more convection, less conduction, and possibly less risk of combustion. This is all speculation of course.

I don't think I've ever owned a vape that allows such direct access to an extremely hot bowl. And if you remove the extremely hot bowl you have (seemingly) direct access to the extremely hot heater.

fogbank

A pretty pair I think.

Roffu2.jpg

I've packed the metal bowls away and am only using the glass bowls now.

410°F in Session mode. I let it heat for an additional 30 seconds after the vibration.

First hit, slow and easy, for about 16-20 seconds produces a huge cloud. Stir.
Second hit, slow and easy for about 10-12 seconds produces another huge cloud. Stir and decide whether to go for a third hit.
Third hit (if needed), slow and easy for about 6 seconds, then kill the power and keep drawing until no more heat is felt.

Dark brown to black ABV. Great effects.

I use the Roffu's funnel to stir, putting it on top of the bowl briefly while stirring. Otherwise the Roffu is a bitch to stir.

The Roffu is unlike my other convection vapes, which normally need a good strong draw to get them going. Until now the vape that was easiest for me to pull vapor from was the TinyMight, with it's relatively easy draw.

The Roffu seems to produce more vapor the slower/softer you draw. But it can overcook or combust the material if you're not careful.

Clouds are nearly effortless with the Roffu.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
A pretty pair I think.

Roffu2.jpg

I've packed the metal bowls away and am only using the glass bowls now.

410°F in Session mode. I let it heat for an additional 30 seconds after the vibration.

First hit, slow and easy, for about 16-20 seconds produces a huge cloud. Stir.
Second hit, slow and easy for about 10-12 seconds produces another huge cloud. Stir and decide whether to go for a third hit.
Third hit (if needed), slow and easy for about 6 seconds, then kill the power and keep drawing until no more heat is felt.

Dark brown to black ABV. Great effects.

I use the Roffu's funnel to stir, putting it on top of the bowl briefly while stirring. Otherwise the Roffu is a bitch to stir.

The Roffu is unlike my other convection vapes, which normally need a good strong draw to get them going. Until now the vape that was easiest for me to pull vapor from was the TinyMight, with it's relatively easy draw.

The Roffu seems to produce more vapor the slower/softer you draw. But it can overcook or combust the material if you're not careful.

Clouds are nearly effortless with the Roffu.

Such a TEASE, I’m waiting for a price drop, then I’ll order. My only “true” convection portables are the TM and HL IO, so this one seems like a good candidate to add. I’m done chasing every cheap Chinese vape that comes out monthly.

fogbank

Such a TEASE, I’m waiting for a price drop, then I’ll order. My only “true” convection portables are the TM and HL IO, so this one seems like a good candidate to add. I’m done chasing every cheap Chinese vape that comes out monthly.
I have never combusted in a Grasshopper or a TM. Can't say the same about the Roffu :(

Speaking of cheap Chinese vapes, check out the similarities between the front of the Roffu and the Fog Pro.

roffu-fog-pro.jpg

RxPlorer

I have never combusted in a Grasshopper or a TM. Can't say the same about the Roffu :(

Speaking of cheap Chinese vapes, check out the similarities between the front of the Roffu and the Fog Pro.

roffu-fog-pro.jpg
I'll say this for the TM - the hidden heater power compensation is a great feature to have in that situation! Some users did have combustion issues but were able to correct. I doubt there is something similar with the ROFFU.

RxPlorer,
Reactions: Vasgas

Petetbay

I’m liking this device, but I’m scratching my head that didn’t produce a wpa ala Starry/Aria that was included. Seems that the magnetic mp top replaced with a wpa part would have been a no brainer, maybe there’s an accessory add-on in the works. It supposed to be a hi-end device, hey Arizer included wpa adapter with the Air Max for the 1st time w/portable devices. Big miss that would have been nice, especially when they include the grinder and fancy brush/scoop. :hmm:

Petetbay

Review if interested.

Shit Snacks

Did you ever get to a better place with the residual odor and taste, @Shit Snacks ? Super interested to know how you feel about it after some decent test drives!

Yes it did get a bit better, I was able to use it, both chambers, nothing above 350f, it does give thick hits with strong effects, efficient and the cooling unit is pretty effective though the mouthpiece itself is not so ideal... The buttons are all solid, good screen interface (yes it does not always vibrate but the screen is always accurate with full details) and overall nice form factor, except for the air intake right above the power button, easy to obstruct, but nice and simple battery swapping! So yeah early impression, very efficient and effective convection vaping on demand or session style with both glass and metal removable chambers, however the actual flavor and vapor quality is pretty poor for me personally as of now (v3pro vapor is not incredible though it does seem a bit better to me however I have a new one of those coming soon too so tbd)

Last edited:

BigJr48

With a glass stem fitting over both chambers and eliminating the top half would make this vaporizer better.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
With a glass stem fitting over both chambers and eliminating the top half would make this vaporizer better.
That would not help pocketability but it would be nice to have both, especially a glass WPA instead of a standard stem.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: BigJr48

ConvectCode1

Review if interested.

I just received one of these yesterday to test and review from Xmax/Xvape. It’s a very impressive device from, I’ll refer to them as only XMax. The materials are more solid and aluminum I believe and feels much more sturdy and well built in te hand vs the plastic feel of the V3 Pro. They’ve improved upon the heater from the V3 Pro as well and it shows. I vape a full 40 degrees lower on the ROFFU vs the V3 Pro. It’s got a nice color screen and uses a semi-stem packing system that allows you to slightly increase or decrease the size of the bowl by sliding the metal screen up or down on the stems (one glass one I believe is Ti, at the very least metal. It produces huge convection clouds in session mode. When used in session mode the battery lasts approx 55% longer. Plus the on demand button is on the side this time and it feels better in session mode. I do think $180 is steep simply because it’s XMax and their best product is the V3 Pro then before that the….Starry? I just haven’t seen a lot of people, or any, buying it. It’s definitely as good as or better than several vapes priced in the same realm. Really intuitive cooling unit and interface.

OrsonWhales

I just received one of these yesterday to test and review from Xmax/Xvape. It’s a very impressive device from, I’ll refer to them as only XMax. The materials are more solid and aluminum I believe and feels much more sturdy and well built in te hand vs the plastic feel of the V3 Pro. They’ve improved upon the heater from the V3 Pro as well and it shows. I vape a full 40 degrees lower on the ROFFU vs the V3 Pro. It’s got a nice color screen and uses a semi-stem packing system that allows you to slightly increase or decrease the size of the bowl by sliding the metal screen up or down on the stems (one glass one I believe is Ti, at the very least metal. It produces huge convection clouds in session mode. When used in session mode the battery lasts approx 55% longer. Plus the on demand button is on the side this time and it feels better in session mode. I do think $180 is steep simply because it’s XMax and their best product is the V3 Pro then before that the….Starry? I just haven’t seen a lot of people, or any, buying it. It’s definitely as good as or better than several vapes priced in the same realm. Really intuitive cooling unit and interface.
Thanks for the review. I have one on the way. I used their Fresh code and got it for 10% less. How’s the flavor compare to a Tinymight or Tera? I’m a flavor chaser and like the idea of running it at lower temps. Or compare the flavor to a Mighty or Solo 2.

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the review. I have one on the way. I used their Fresh code and got it for 10% less. How’s the flavor compare to a Tinymight or Tera? I’m a flavor chaser and like the idea of running it at lower temps. Or compare the flavor to a Mighty or Solo 2.

The flavor cannot touch a TM... If you want flavor do not buy budget devices like this :2c: also not supposed to be comparing in here, maybe mine will neutralize more over time, but still don't think it is even as good as those other two for flavor, I ride low temps.

OrsonWhales

The flavor cannot touch a TM... If you want flavor do not buy budget devices like this :2c: also not supposed to be comparing in here, maybe mine will neutralize more over time, but still don't think it is even as good as those other two for flavor, I ride low temps.
I wasn’t aware of the comparison rule. I either have or used the ones I mentioned. The main use for this is travel, portability. I’m hesitant to fly with my Tinymight but I’ve taken the Argo in my carry on bag, with no issues. I’m looking for something better than the Argo, I really miss the on demand ability with it. When I’m on the road I don’t have time for long drawn out sessions. Trying to fill a niche in my arsenal. Thanks for your response.

Shit Snacks

I wasn’t aware of the comparison rule. I either have or used the ones I mentioned. The main use for this is travel, portability. I’m hesitant to fly with my Tinymight but I’ve taken the Argo in my carry on bag, with no issues. I’m looking for something better than the Argo, I really miss the on demand ability with it. When I’m on the road I don’t have time for long drawn out sessions. Trying to fill a niche in my arsenal. Thanks for your response.

Okay cool, for a cheaper portable for travel, this would be a good idea, just don't expect the same flavor purity, but I also think the xmax v3pro would be a good option for that... Roffu does seem to be more powerful, capable of blasting through a bowl quick if you want even using lower temps, in that sense a little similar to TM, and it is nice that the chambers are removable for full cleaning regarding travel... It's funny you mentioned that though bc I am considering taking the TM myself as another member here has done without issue several times (check the TM thread, I think there is another thread about flying with it and/or other vapes) Don't want to talk about the TM any further here, because yeah that's the rule, it gets off topic when this thread should focus on the specific product it is covering: Roffu

Top Bottom