• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Petetbay

but the Roffu gets hotter afaik
That is true. More temp for the V3Pro has been discussed in this thread a few times, doubt it will ever happen, a newer more efficient heater might be possible in a future version.

Here’s what I said about the Roffu.
The people that wanted more temp for the V3Pro can find it here easily, maybe too much.

Vaporcussion

I guess you meant to ask about using it with the POTV V3pro, not the XMAX V3pro
Yes, exactly. Forgive me, I’m new to this vape. The only other on demand convection vapes I know are the Firefly 2 and MFLB. Loving this POTV Xmax V3Pro so far! I’m just wondering if the Simrell stuff is worth it. I want to cool my vapor without using water, so I’m intrigued…

NOLOGO

Yes, exactly. Forgive me, I’m new to this vape. The only other on demand convection vapes I know are the Firefly 2 and MFLB. Loving this POTV Xmax V3Pro so far! I’m just wondering if the Simrell stuff is worth it. I want to cool my vapor without using water, so I’m intrigued…
I don't have the simrell, but I've e been using that new POTV receiver with my xmax v3pro, and I used a dimpled glass stem. The vapor is cooled really nicely with that, so I imagine the simrell will cool it even further.
(it should fit if it does fit the POTV one also)

vandalizedbythelotus

That is true. More temp for the V3Pro has been discussed in this thread a few times, doubt it will ever happen, a newer more efficient heater might be possible in a future version.

Here’s what I said about the Roffu.
yeah but that extra heat (on paper they both max @220C btw) comes at the cost of buying an entirely different unit, and i understand even more airflow restriction i'm not keen on. judging by how the v3's battery lasts longer than roffu's i'd say it already has a very efficient heater that can surely do an extra 20C.

@XMAXVAPORIZER if updating the fw from usb to allow 240C max temp were possible on the v3p, but there are safety and marketing concerns, perhaps the procedure could be allowed with voiding warranty? obviously the user interested in this would have to seek this online, download, agree etc. can you imagine what a beast this would make the v3? 🙏

@felvapes i'm sure there are always reasons, hinted at it myself, i understand this kind of thing is outside the norm. i was just trying to use this amazing means (FC forums) to place a request to the manufacturer.
but i don't think finding reasons "not to" is helping anyone, what if v3p could easily run a bit hotter with no downsides and upgrading the fw was only a 60m job including upload? "These vapes you keep asking to have.." what are you on about? i'm only asking this here for the v3p ... you know what nevermind, i notice this pattern let's not derail this even more. no offence meant, peace, thank you

Last edited:

felvapes

If they made it hotter - they would sell you a new unit I would think rather than do some computer patch
These vapes you keep asking to have firmware upgrades and all these apps - cost money and are sometimes buggy
But it will definitely raise the cost of this very well priced, and currently reliable, budget vape to do so
If they are going to upgrade the heat I feel like they would just have it as stock on the next release

Or - the other reason may possibly be that this vape has safely been rated to the current temp - and the Roffu is the related companies harder hitting version that is rated for those temps
I don't know this, I'm just coming up with possible ideas as to why it is currently the way it is

Petetbay

I don't have the simrell, but I've e been using that new POTV receiver with my xmax v3pro, and I used a dimpled glass stem. The vapor is cooled really nicely with that, so I imagine the simrell will cool it even further.
(it should fit if it does fit the POTV one also)
I have tried all kinds of Simrell, Revolve, beaded glass and dimpled glass stems in the V3Pro and Roffu I’ve found only the glass stems provide the needed cooling capacity while Simrell, Revolve and Dynavap stems metal condensers, vortexes and stems cooling gets maxed out quickly after a few longs pulls and little cooling from then on. If you just do a few pulls in on-demand that would be ok, but in session mode they don’t work that great, better and cheaper to use glass stems. The Dynavap B-3-6-9 dimpled/beaded stems are nice, but most glass stems work good. I’ve used various Argo stems, 420EDC Arizer 3D stems in reverse.

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I'm glad you like the V3Pro! Enjoy
yeah but that extra heat (on paper they both max @220C btw) comes at the cost of buying an entirely different unit, and i understand even more airflow restriction i'm not keen on. judging by how the v3's battery lasts longer than roffu's i'd say it already has a very efficient heater that can surely do an extra 20C.

@XMAXVAPORIZER if updating the fw from usb to allow 240C max temp were possible on the v3p, but there are safety and marketing concerns, perhaps the procedure could be allowed with voiding warranty? obviously the user interested in this would have to seek this online, download, agree etc. can you imagine what a beast this would make the v3? 🙏

@felvapes i'm sure there are always reasons, hinted at it myself, i understand this kind of thing is outside the norm. i was just trying to use this amazing means (FC forums) to place a request to the manufacturer.
but i don't think finding reasons "not to" is helping anyone, what if v3p could easily run a bit hotter with no downsides and upgrading the fw was only a 60m job including upload? "These vapes you keep asking to have.." what are you on about? i'm only asking this here for the v3p ... you know what nevermind, i notice this pattern let's not derail this even more. no offence meant, peace, thank you
Sadly it's not firmware updatable, we already maxed out the T° since the first batch released in september 2021, first feedbacks said max T° to be too low so we maxed out it... keeping the good battery performances of the v3pro. USB-C port is just to charge the battery. Enjoy!

Edit: Are you aware you can increase vapor to air ratio by blocking off some air inlets with your fingers or using a silicon band? This is increase the max T° a little also

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Hi all pro V3 users hehe..
I have been using Edge capsules from the start. For those that have tried both Edge and V3 capsules. How big is the difference?

Been a while now, but I’m still using my V3, with a broken blank display after a drop. Will be getting a new one in green soon!

vandalizedbythelotus

I'm glad you like the V3Pro! Enjoy

Sadly it's not firmware updatable, we already maxed out the T° since the first batch released in september 2021, first feedbacks said max T° to be too low so we maxed out it... keeping the good battery performances of the v3pro. USB-C port is just to charge the battery. Enjoy!

Edit: Are you aware you can increase vapor to air ratio by blocking off some air inlets with your fingers or using a silicon band? This is increase the max T° a little also
thank you very much for the explanation!

@criticalpoint the original v3p capsules are slightly larger (perfect snug fit), made of 2 parts instead of 3, with higher quality steel and finish compared to HR caps. the basket is 1 piece drawn and the base is thinner (HR caps' bottom is thicker pressfit in the wall), along with the tighter fit in the oven, means it picks up and transfers heat inside to herbs much better than the smaller, but more massive HR caps.

i added fine mesh to mine and removed the other screen from the mouthpiece because it only collects sticky reclaim (kept the metal insert).

since getting the new caps i find myself reaching more for the v3p, the added conduction makes for stronger effects, and ease of reloading/cleaning is a joy.

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Thank you so much for sharing all this about the dosing caps @vandalizedbythelotus , you are right the smaller mass means less heat is used to heat up the metal, this is means more efficiency, as well the HR caps diameter is smaller than ours by just 0.04cm but this is creates a "bypass channel" between the caps wall and the chamber's wall, hot air going here will not vaporize anything... Although I have myself the 2 sort of dosing caps and you can hardly feel the difference to be honnest except the vapor production is slightly delayed and abv is less dark, yes, minimal differences maybe a world of differences for connoisseurs!

Yes, I agree about everything you said, although I want to add you have to keep your v3pro chamber pretty clean if you want to regularly switch from direct load to dosing caps cause the dosing caps tolerance is very small and, if you insert it in a "dirty" chamber it may be difficult to remove, especially when the device coldened. Thank you for the good work with pictures, It's a usefull post!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
PODS-CAPSULES for: XMax V3 Pro & XLUX Roffu

Pods never worked out for me in my various “convection” devices, but I do like the many benefits with my “conduction” devices, like S&B Mighty and Davinci IQ2.

That has changed as I’ve experimented with the Stainless Steel PODS, in my Roffu, they are the same ones used in the “XMax V3 Pro”.
In the Roffu, when using with the SS loading stem, (you remove the stem disc filter) the pods sit directly on the device’s heater. This adds a bunch of added heat conduction, and works best for me in all metrics, and all I use now.

I only have a couple of pods for my IQ2, and since I don’t use them often, I hand load them. For the Mighty, I bought the excellent loading tray from @Delta3DStudios . In my opinion based on real usage, his design is far superior to the S&B tray, and less expensive.

PROBLEM: with loading the ROFFU PODS, is how TINY they are.

SOLUTION: So, I’ve been in touch with Mike at Delta3DStudio, to make a NEW LOADING TRAY, designed for these pods. I will be mailing him a Roffu pod, so he can accurately design and build this for me and YOU!

Perhaps others have an interest in an easier way to load PODS, my Roffu Kit came with 2, that’s how I was able to experience them. Some of you may not be aware that you can contact Mike of Delta3DStudio via PM or email, and he will work with you on any potential ideas for new vape accessories that he may not have already created. I’ve bought many of his accessories for a wide range of vape devices and have never been disappointed, as well as fast shipping and excellent customer service, and his prices are extremely low.

***I will come back to this thread when the product is finished and available on his site, with a link.

NOTE:
I bought my PODS from:

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
@vandalizedbythelotus Thanks for the details! I did the same a while back, I took out the screen from the mouthpiece since the capsules lid did the job and two screens made it harder to draw.

—————
… yes, minimal differences maybe a world of differences for connoisseurs!…
Then I will be a connoisseur in training yes

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Thanksgiving-day-poster.png

Hope you found a few nice deals on Xmax vaporizers&accessories for BlackFriday&CyberMonday, all the Topgreen/Xmax team wish you an Happy Thanksgiving, thank you for joining the Xmax Fam!

Thank you for the kind V3Pro dosing caps feedback @RustyOldNail , like you probably know I'm myself an heavy user of vaporizers... and not only the ones from Xmax! And I agree we did a great job with this caps designing them so lightweight, we tested dozens of designs before to decide with that one. I noticed myself they works rather well in others devices with wide enough heating chambers like the IQC I have in my arsenal, I always found direct load to comes out pretty light in color with this device and using our dosing caps helps to get a darker abv, so this is makes the vape more efficient (and cut by half or more the load size). Although be sure they can fit your device before to order cause they are slightly bigger than most others devices dosing caps (they don't fit ours Vital, Ace&V2Pro, FM devices, Focus vape pen and probably Fenix/HR), they are 1.1cm height and 1.1cm wide (measured without caliper, if you want more precise measures I can ask to the team).

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Can someone please help me figure out how to get a good vapor production from the V3 pro? I absolutely hate this thing I've had it since the beginning and I rarely rarely use it which sucks cuz I really want to like it.
I reach for my DynaVap all the time because it just hits so much harder

My V3 pro has no restriction at all It is way too free-flowing and I find myself having to cover air holes and all kinds of stuff to get decent results.

I've tried cigar puffs I've tried slow puffs I've tried hitting it hard no luck.

Maybe a dosing capsule will help with harder hits? Honestly 99.9% of the time it just sits and time out in a drawer unless I have to absolutely use it for discreetness compared to my DynaVap.

Maybe there's some certain technique but I've even tried all the methods the vendor said on this thread with no luck I'm about to permanently retire it because I've had enough. I just feel I shouldn't have to hit the thing for like 45 seconds to get a decent hit.

One last effort to see if I can find some tips and tricks from someone before I toss it in permanent retirement. I've read multiple posts where people say that the hits are too restricted I am way on the opposite spectrum mine are super unrestricted and free flowing like something's not right free flowing where I have to really really work to control my speed it's like sucking through a fat open straw

vandalizedbythelotus

Can someone please help me figure out how to get a good vapor production from the V3 pro? I absolutely hate this thing I've had it since the beginning and I rarely rarely use it which sucks cuz I really want to like it.
I reach for my DynaVap all the time because it just hits so much harder

My V3 pro has no restriction at all It is way too free-flowing and I find myself having to cover air holes and all kinds of stuff to get decent results.

I've tried cigar puffs I've tried slow puffs I've tried hitting it hard no luck.

Maybe a dosing capsule will help with harder hits? Honestly 99.9% of the time it just sits and time out in a drawer unless I have to absolutely use it for discreetness compared to my DynaVap.

Maybe there's some certain technique but I've even tried all the methods the vendor said on this thread with no luck I'm about to permanently retire it because I've had enough. I just feel I shouldn't have to hit the thing for like 45 seconds to get a decent hit.

One last effort to see if I can find some tips and tricks from someone before I toss it in permanent retirement. I've read multiple posts where people say that the hits are too restricted I am way on the opposite spectrum mine are super unrestricted and free flowing like something's not right free flowing where I have to really really work to control my speed it's like sucking through a fat open straw
due to being full convection, it requires the user to draw/move heat into the bowl and cook your herbs. IMO convection effects are less stoney than dynavap's predominantly conduction cooker, which being torch driven can also do higher temps than v3p. capsules do add some conduction and maybe bridge this gap somewhat.

try max temp session, medium grind fluffy load (light tamp but not tight pack), long steady draw 10s(ish). 1st draw should be airy/terpy, 2nd and 3rd surprisingly huge clouds. let us know how it goes. cheers!

edit: airflow restriction should be a bit more open than dynavap but not that much different, if you still don't get results, could be there's something wrong with your device.

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

due to being full convection, it requires the user to draw/move heat into the bowl and cook your herbs. IMO convection effects are less stoney than dynavap's predominantly conduction cooker, which being torch driven can also do higher temps than v3p. capsules do add some conduction and maybe bridge this gap somewhat.

try max temp session, medium grind fluffy load (light tamp but not tight pack), long steady draw 10s(ish). let us know how it goes. cheers!

edit: airflow restriction should be a bit more open than dynavap but not that much different, if you still don't get results, could be there's something wrong with your device.
Yeah just something's not right I'm used to convection Vapes but Dv my only conduction but my email is completely 100% convection.

I've tried the method you described and at 10 seconds I wouldn't get anything I have to at least go 30 to 40 seconds to get any kind of roast and a semi whimsy hit.

It just so crazy free flowing it's hard to get a hit. I just pretty much chalked it up as a bad investment on my part. Really really want to like this one but I don't know

I think I'm just going to go with pro legacy or a healthy rips.

I've tried a lot of different methods I've added TERP pearls and a bunch of different things.

It's weird though cuz I've heard people say that it's too restricted I just don't understand if maybe they made a design change and the earlier models had this issue? I've had it for quite a while although I bought it from planet of the Vapes I never even thought about returning it which now it's way past its time even though it's basically brand new sitting in a drawer all the time

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I had a similar problem the first time I gave it a deep clean after using it for awhile. I put the top end back together after cleaning it and it wasn't working nearly as good. Since I knew what it worked like when it was functioning correctly I guessed I had messed something up when I put it back together so I took it apart again and re-seated everything and we were back in business. I still have no idea what wasn't put back together correctly but one of the symptoms was how wide open the air-flow was before I re-seated it all.

PutOneInTheAir

Yeah just something's not right I'm used to convection Vapes but Dv my only conduction but my email is completely 100% convection.

I've tried the method you described and at 10 seconds I wouldn't get anything I have to at least go 30 to 40 seconds to get any kind of roast and a semi whimsy hit.

It just so crazy free flowing it's hard to get a hit

I had a similar problem the first time I gave it a deep clean after using it for awhile. I put the top end back together after cleaning it and it wasn't working nearly as good. Since I knew what it worked like when it was functioning correctly I guessed I had messed something up when I put it back together so I took it apart again and re-seated everything and we were back in business. I still have no idea what wasn't put back together correctly but one of the symptoms was how wide open the air-flow was before I re-seated it all.
Interesting I'll triple check but I've had this issue with the WPA which is a whole new setup and the original. Seems is pretty straightforward and not sure what would cause this? I am 99.9% sure it's been like this out the box even though it's been a while

vandalizedbythelotus

It just so crazy free flowing it's hard to get a hit. ..
It's weird though cuz I've heard people say that it's too restricted I just don't understand if maybe they made a design change and the earlier models had this issue?
that doesn't sound right. airflow restriction on mine is comparable to the vong, maybe just very slightly more open.
IMO either not assembled correctly, or a defect.

Top Bottom