Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

VapeReady

About the temperature accuracy, you are correct the t° can be slightly hotter than the one you selected cause how is working convection, many factors have to be considered (hit length, ambient air t°, airflow,...) despite the sensor. Have fun!

Well that is kind of a bummer if you ask me... The Xmax V3 Pro is running more than "slightly hotter"...

The Mighty vaporizer for instance has been developed in such a way that when you draw, the temperature stays within a 5 degree margin of the actual temperature reading on the screen. A member has even done a testing with a temperature probe and it was indeed accurate when drawing.

I expect that the same test on the Xmax V3 Pro will give very innacurate results. It wouldn't shock me if the device was running 15°C degrees hotter than the actual temperature on the screen.

I like to vape on low temps in the morning. The Xmax V3 Pro gets me baked and couch locked on low temperatures. I did not experience this with neither the mighty or the fury edge (and yes i'm vaping mainly sativa's on 158°C).

If i buy one of the latest vaporizers that has a digital temperature adjustment. I except it to be accurate for at least a 5 degree margin regardless of hit length, ambient air t°, airflow, etc).

IMO it's a nice vape for someone who doesn't really care. But i wouldn't call it a good vaporizer for micro dosers/low temp vaporists/accurate temp control.

Kind of pissed now because don't know what to do... Should i return the device? Already used couple of times...

VapeReady,

XpeeN

About the temperature accuracy, you are correct the t° can be slightly hotter than the one you selected cause how is working convection, many factors have to be considered (hit length, ambient air t°, airflow,...) despite the sensor. Have fun!
Well that is kind of a bummer if you ask me... The Xmax V3 Pro is running more than "slightly hotter"...
Doesn't the sensor measures the heater's temp (and I'm assuming heating accordingly to keep it at said temp)? How would the air the heater heats will be hotter than that? It feels to me like it can only be colder because a fast draw will cool the heater a bit, and on the other hand, a slow draw won't interfere the heater that much.

VapeReady

Doesn't the sensor measures the heater's temp (and I'm assuming heating accordingly to keep it at said temp)? How would the air the heater heats will be hotter than that? It feels to me like it can only be colder because a fast draw will cool the heater a bit, and on the other hand, a slow draw won't interfere the heater that much.
The Xmax V3 Pro is quite restricted with the original mouthpiece...

VapeReady,

NOLOGO

The Xmax V3 Pro is quite restricted with the original mouthpiece...
I've found that with the screen mod I did, that I don't need to pack much material at all in order to get nice clouds...kinda like how the grasshopper works.
(when it works lol)
A lot of the restriction I was getting I believe had to do with me putting too much material in the chamber. Between using less material and the screen mod I now have a much less restrictive air flow.

I also use the side holes as you would a carb on a pipe, so it feels very restrictive when they're covered, then like half of that restriveness when they're uncovered.

VapeReady

I've found that with the screen mod I did, that I don't need to pack much material at all in order to get nice clouds...kinda like how the grasshopper works.
(when it works lol)
A lot of the restriction I was getting I believe had to do with me putting too much material in the chamber. Between using less material and the screen mod I now have a much less restrictive air flow.

I also use the side holes as you would a carb on a pipe, so it feels very restrictive when they're covered, then like half of that restriveness when they're uncovered.

Yes the screen mod i can imagine it helps. I don't overpack or cover the holes though. Feels less restrictive than a solo but more restrictive than a HR edge.

VapeReady,
Reactions: NOLOGO

NOLOGO

Yes the screen mod i can imagine it helps. I don't overpack or cover the holes though. Feels less restrictive than a solo but more restrictive than a HR edge.
I have the HR edge and don't use it anymore. With the screen mod the v3pro is definitely less restrictive than the edge.

I finally found my digital caliper, so I'm gonna take measurements of that screen tonight and post them.

VapeReady

I have the HR edge and don't use it anymore. With the screen mod the v3pro is definitely less restrictive than the edge.

I finally found my digital caliper, so I'm gonna take measurements of that screen tonight and post them.

The V3 stock screen really is shit. I'm looking for a screen to replace it, but don't have any screens left.

VapeReady,

Gn0chi

The V3 stock screen really is shit. I'm looking for a screen to replace it, but don't have any screens left.
It's thick to also help cool the air a little bit more than a regular pipe screen. That and the ceramic material above with it's circular airflow

Gn0chi,

NOLOGO

It's thick to also help cool the air a little bit more than a regular pipe screen. That and the ceramic material above with it's circular airflow
I'd have to disagree with that. It *might* cool the vapor a bit for the first few pulls, but after the thick screen heats up it's only making the hits hotter, instead of staying neutral which is what a regular screen does.
(have you ever tried to handle the thick screen right after finishing a bowl? it retains heat as if it's meant to do so. That thing gets HOT and stays hot for a good bit.)

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Xvape listened to our complaints about the flat plate screen and released the latest glass accessories for the V3 with fine mesh screens instead.
Maybe they should change the OG mouthpiece for mesh as well...I have it on my units as it helps bring maintenance down...a lot.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

WTF Top Green?
This video was already mentionned in our Subreddit, yes the Xmax V3Pro use Kanthal wires as a heater, Kanthal is an alloy FeCrAl. It's a safe heating wire and it's used in e-cig gear since years. Only issue is a small n° of peoples may be sensitive to the Kanthal.
@Grass Yes His bottom line is that he is saying the vape uses ferrochromium in the heating element (according to Top Green) which is toxic according to his research.

I know nothing of such matters but that's basically his message
Yes the heater is Kanthal but no, it's not toxic and it's a sort of heating wires used in many others vaporizers.
Material information should be listed in a specification chart. There is no point in making a vaporiser that is worse than smoking. However it is a bit meaningless as inhalation risk and mixed material risk is largely unstudied.
Great idea, I'll suggest that to the team but the list will not be exhaustive and limited to the airpath/vaporpath materials to shorten the list to the most important materials to speak about.

The Mighty vaporizer for instance has been developed in such a way that when you draw, the temperature stays within a 5 degree margin of the actual temperature reading on the screen. A member has even done a testing with a temperature probe and it was indeed accurate when drawing.

I expect that the same test on the Xmax V3 Pro will give very innacurate results. It wouldn't shock me if the device was running 15°C degrees hotter than the actual temperature on the screen.

I like to vape on low temps in the morning. The Xmax V3 Pro gets me baked and couch locked on low temperatures. I did not experience this with neither the mighty or the fury edge (and yes i'm vaping mainly sativa's on 158°C).

If i buy one of the latest vaporizers that has a digital temperature adjustment. I except it to be accurate for at least a 5 degree margin regardless of hit length, ambient air t°, airflow, etc).

IMO it's a nice vape for someone who doesn't really care. But i wouldn't call it a good vaporizer for micro dosers/low temp vaporists/accurate temp control.

Kind of pissed now because don't know what to do... Should i return the device? Already used couple of times...

In order to reply to your kind questions I suggest you to read the post of our dear mod @pakalolo : https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...nvection-on-demand-session.51535/post-1623039
Basically, if you find the vapor too strong at a specific t° just lower it and shorten your inhalations, the V3Pro t° range is pretty large. If you look at the others pages in this thread you will notice some are complaining cause they found the vapor to be weak... everybody is different and it's always difficult to satisfy everybody... but we are still trying to do it!

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Xvape listened to our complaints about the flat plate screen and released the latest glass accessories for the V3 with fine mesh screens instead.
Maybe they should change the OG mouthpiece for mesh as well...I have it on my units as it helps bring maintenance down...a lot.
Do you mean Xmax? Although yes the optionnal attachments comes with a mesh based screen... based on your feedback! I can't say why it's not the case for the OG mouthpiece though... I'll ask for you!

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Here's a pic:

ginolicious

Gf is still using this vape daily. I’m using it daily when she comes over with it. It’s a great unit. One gripe after months of use, flavour goes quick. But… for the price and the clouds you get, it’s amazing. First few hits are amazing. But after that. Flavour quickly dissipates. I’m also coming from a firefly 2+ that pumps the flavour out continuously.

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Posted this on reddit, but thought I'd share it here as well. I designed and printed a funnel for my v3 pro. It fits into the device same as any of the other mouthpieces, and can be held upside down without the funnel falling off. Also made a very small gap (which can be seen in one of the side view pics) between the bottom of the funnel and the chamber to avoid any potential contact between the two. Very happy with it so far, and it certainly does the job of keeping weed out of the crevices

And to those curious, these are available to offer, feel free to message me if interested.

Last edited:

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
I just use a stainless steel hip flask funnel to fill most of my vapes, I think I posted a picture way back when we could on here, no worries about heat there but your fix is a good one too @Corvoed
I had considered many times to take the trip to goodwill to find a flask funnel, but for some reason the idea of having a funnel that fits on exactly like the other mouthpieces made it feel a lot sleeker and proprietary feeling! So I felt inspired to make one

Last edited:

crudo

anyone tried the bubbler attachment and can compare it to the glas mouthpiece and compare them to the stock one?
im not sure which one to get.

glas mouthpiece or bubbler mouthpiece
products-de-cuboo-stick-glas-mundstueck-komplett.jpg
products-de-cuboo-stick-bubbler.jpg

does the glas cool the vapor more then the stock one?
the bubbler should even cool more, no?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You'll get a variety of responses to this.
I've tried very similar bubblers adapted to other vapes (I have one for Mighty, another one for Splinter)for example) and imo they are more trouble than they are worth (cleaning time, etc) and introduce some draw restriction. But you are correct, it will cool more than the other types. I would use one of those dry, for the same cooling as 'wet' but less flavor loss.

Glass mp may or may not be cooler than standard, because the std has that ceramic cooling pathway. But the glass is a nice tactile experience. Also has a better screen system and magnet location that the standard.

I went a slightly different route and bought the glass wpa. It has the better screen and mags, can function just like the glass mp but also allows for the obvious - attachment to a water piece. For me, that just means a small-ish (5") glass j-hook for the cooling, and this is my preferred method of use for the V3.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
anyone tried the bubbler attachment and can compare it to the glas mouthpiece and compare them to the stock one?
I have all the assorted mouthpieces and would agree with below.
I went a slightly different route and bought the glass wpa
For me, that just means a small-ish (5") glass j-hook for the cooling, and this is my preferred method of use for the V3.
Same here, I finally have a use for the 14mm j-hooks I used to use with the Mighty when I had it. :tup:
That said my main preference is the OG recorder style mouthpiece...speaking of,

Top Bottom