Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Thank you for the nice pictures and for sharing how much you appreciate the humble Xmax V3Pro! This is means a lot for us considering your arsenal full of high-end vapes! Yes we hope to be able to include a such feature in a next device or model, stay tuned!

I heard about a new color coming soon, I don't want to spoil the surprise though...
Shh...

andrew`124c41+

With regard to the second screen, I mostly use dosing caps which obviates the need for one...but not all the time.

I have also felt that the unit is cheap enough so why bother...but it probably is not a bad idea.

Does anyone have a link to a screen that fits?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Ok, here are my first impressions of the Xmax v3 PRO.
Packaging stinks , i have personally discussed that years ago when i tested V2/Strom ,at least the vape should be packaged in smth airtight. The whole vape stinks of it. I swabbed everything with alcohol ,gave it like 2 x fully charged vtc 5a worth of battery life at max temp, also used vacuum to suck out the air while it was hot.
There are a few tiny burrs in the plastic part of MP ,guess the molding process didnt go very smooth. The silicone seal was also stinky so i soaked it first in vinegar,then in alcohol ,then swabbed with coconut oil and left it soaking in some soap water. It could have been cured way better.Vapefully didnt have the glass mp or the adapter but honestly I prefered the way v2 glass mouthpiece seals to the vape ,you had a wide metal screen then glass,the silicone sealed at the outer rim ,and was not directly in the airpath like with the FOG and v3 Pro . I really doubt i will be trying the stock MP as mentioned not a fan of silicone,the cooling unit seems nice ,still has a bit of contact with the plastic though.
Buttons are plastic and along with the screen at the bottom of the metal chamber rattle a lot . It is pretty lightweight and feels at bit less sturdy than the v2 for some reason.
Good thing i got my friends also a fury glass WPA,which fits a bit wobbly to be honest and holds very miniature ammout but i decided to give it a go.
I tried at 185 session mode and got very wispy vapor , i tried 210 and it scortched a bit the top of my load . Tried 220 for the science and it almost blackend, yuck... washed the stem and tools and repeated at 200 . I still got a lil hot spot but it was much better.
This is no tinymight for sure. The Fog had better vapor production,but the v3pro feels smoother. Cloud level is on par with that on v2 pro ,effects were also ok. I cannot understand why some would need it to go higher in temp unless his unit is underperforming.
For the price it is not a bad vaporizer,but that packaging just made me sick, i threw the whole box in the trash sealed in a plastic bag. I am very sensitive to such things. I wanna see an all ceramic MP or at least without silicone in the airpath. It is not hard to figure the design since they already did better with the V2 pro glass mp . Maybe also release a glass stem WPA that fits better and has bigger bowl size.
It took a lot of burn offs for the smell to dissipate, i couldnt tell if it is robot fart smell or that horrible packing smell that lingered into the whole unit.
@XMAXVAPORIZER Do you have any idea what is the material of the top body panel that seals the heating chamber ? Is it the same as the mouthpiece ?
You know me that i dont spare criticism ,but to be honest if the packaging smell wasnt present i would say it is a pretty good vaporizer.
I will play with it some more tomorrow and share more after that,then it goes to the hands of my friend,so there wont be much to report after that.
Noticed another thing about the temp regulation. It doesnt seem to be real time at all ,also unit doesnt compensates on the draw. For example it doesnt drop when you take a draw ,also if you heat it up to 220 and then dial down 200 ,it doesnt show the real temp,but just whats is dialed on both heating and set value.

Last edited:

fogbank

I tried the POTV One dosing capsules with the V3Pro and they definitely met my desires.

I've been trying to get more of my vapes tuned to single sessions, since I prefer not to have to come back to finish a bowl. I've been getting two sessions out of my Grasshopper bowls for years, but as I move on to other vapes I'm looking for single sessions.

What I hoped for was a single session V3Pro load, so about half the capacity of the bowl natively. The POTV One dosing capsules hold the right amount for me, and they fit perfectly in the V3Pro. I get 3 decent sized clouds out of a capsule, and the ABV is light to medium brown. I mostly use on-demand mode at 428F. I start with 4 cigar puffs then I take 10-20 second draws.

It is possible to get about the same amount of vapor from the V3Pro using the POTV One dosing capsules.

newola

Well I've tried and tried with the v3, but it's not for me. It took a whole battery of max temp burn offs and a change to the glass mouthpiece for the flavour to stabilise. I get one decent flavoured pull at the beginning and after that it deteriates fast.

Last resort back up vape now. Its a shame as I had read lots of positive reviews and really wanted to like it, but sadly not for me.

Petetbay

With regard to the second screen, I mostly use dosing caps which obviates the need for one...but not all the time.

I have also felt that the unit is cheap enough so why bother...but it probably is not a bad idea.

Just received my V3 Pro! Installed a screen in the bottom part of the chamber (based off suggestions for new users). The Arizer Solo screens fit perfect! Solo Screens in V3 Pro Chamber (image)
Petetbay:
I’ve tried the solo/air screen and is tight fit but that is good so it doesn’t drop out every time you dump the bowl. I only had the standard solo/air screen which is a fine screen, I have coarser screens that I couldn’t find, but the standard screen hindered performance at low temps(330-365*F), but if you run higher temps it doesn’t seem to matter. imo

Last edited:

Petetbay

hey everyone, what's the best place (best price) to get the V3 with US shipping? I found a good offer in this thread but it was only for Europe.
thanks!
Not on sale now, will be 4/20, best place to buy.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Ok, here are my first impressions of the Xmax v3 PRO.
Packaging stinks , i have personally discussed that years ago when i tested V2/Strom ,at least the vape should be packaged in smth airtight. The whole vape stinks of it. I swabbed everything with alcohol ,gave it like 2 x fully charged vtc 5a worth of battery life at max temp, also used vacuum to suck out the air while it was hot.
There are a few tiny burrs in the plastic part of MP ,guess the molding process didnt go very smooth. The silicone seal was also stinky so i soaked it first in vinegar,then in alcohol ,then swabbed with coconut oil and left it soaking in some soap water. It could have been cured way better.Vapefully didnt have the glass mp or the adapter but honestly I prefered the way v2 glass mouthpiece seals to the vape ,you had a wide metal screen then glass,the silicone sealed at the outer rim ,and was not directly in the airpath like with the FOG and v3 Pro . I really doubt i will be trying the stock MP as mentioned not a fan of silicone,the cooling unit seems nice ,still has a bit of contact with the plastic though.
Buttons are plastic and along with the screen at the bottom of the metal chamber rattle a lot . It is pretty lightweight and feels at bit less sturdy than the v2 for some reason.
Good thing i got my friends also a fury glass WPA,which fits a bit wobbly to be honest and holds very miniature ammout but i decided to give it a go.
I tried at 185 session mode and got very wispy vapor , i tried 210 and it scortched a bit the top of my load . Tried 220 for the science and it almost blackend, yuck... washed the stem and tools and repeated at 200 . I still got a lil hot spot but it was much better.
This is no tinymight for sure. The Fog had better vapor production,but the v3pro feels smoother. Cloud level is on par with that on v2 pro ,effects were also ok. I cannot understand why some would need it to go higher in temp unless his unit is underperforming.
For the price it is not a bad vaporizer,but that packaging just made me sick, i threw the whole box in the trash sealed in a plastic bag. I am very sensitive to such things. I wanna see an all ceramic MP or at least without silicone in the airpath. It is not hard to figure the design since they already did better with the V2 pro glass mp . Maybe also release a glass stem WPA that fits better and has bigger bowl size.
It took a lot of burn offs for the smell to dissipate, i couldnt tell if it is robot fart smell or that horrible packing smell that lingered into the whole unit.
@XMAXVAPORIZER Do you have any idea what is the material of the top body panel that seals the heating chamber ? Is it the same as the mouthpiece ?
You know me that i dont spare criticism ,but to be honest if the packaging smell wasnt present i would say it is a pretty good vaporizer.
I will play with it some more tomorrow and share more after that,then it goes to the hands of my friend,so there wont be much to report after that.
Noticed another thing about the temp regulation. It doesnt seem to be real time at all ,also unit doesnt compensates on the draw. For example it doesnt drop when you take a draw ,also if you heat it up to 220 and then dial down 200 ,it doesnt show the real temp,but just whats is dialed on both heating and set value.
Thank you for the in-depth feedback. About the packaging, I think you are very sensitive to that sort of smells, most peoples didn't even mentionned any kind of bad factory smell. Most mentionned to get very tasty hits, but, yes, I know you don't spare criticism :) and that's why I like you too! I agree unit doesn't feel as sturdy as the V2Pro was... but the counterpart is it's lightweight, the V3Pro is much easier to carry with you. About your question concerning the top body panel around the heating chamber, it's not the same material than the mouthpiece plastic cover... I can't find the email where I got the info so I'll come back later with the reply you want!
The temp regulation isn't a "true" temp control like we can find in modbox but more a power controlled temp regulation in order to match the target temp (similar to the wattage curve you can set in Artic Fox). I agree unit can't compensate, that's why I recommand slow draws for the first half of the hit and to draw faster for the second half.
The Xmax V3Pro shines to extract even the smaller load, consistency of the abv is perfect... if you don't load too much and you don't pack the load down (don't tamp it down). As well it's not a sipper, it never worked well for me if used to sip for long, it's a ripper, take a fews big hits and turn it off.
I noticed most peoples took some time to enjoy the V3Pro full potential, hope you will appreciate it better after more training! Have fun training!
Well I've tried and tried with the v3, but it's not for me. It took a whole battery of max temp burn offs and a change to the glass mouthpiece for the flavour to stabilise. I get one decent flavoured pull at the beginning and after that it deteriates fast.

Last resort back up vape now. Its a shame as I had read lots of positive reviews and really wanted to like it, but sadly not for me.
I appreciate your honnesty, here a fews tricks to improve your V3pro experience. Most vaporizers (all?) have this issue, taste remains to be better on the beginning and to deteriorate after, it's a shame when you load 0.25gr only to get a fews flavorfull hits but since you can load as little as you want in the V3pro I suggest you to load less and to reload more often, like that you will benefit of the fresh taste more often also (i.e you can load 5x0.5gr rather than once 0.25gr (V3pro bowl size doesn't permit a such big dose though). I said to the other member most peoples doesn't even mentionned a bad taste but it appears you are 2 peoples with the same smell issue... I'll report to the team though!

Please, V3Pro owners, feel free to contact me by pm if you are thinking your device stinks out of the box, I was convinced the smell to be pretty neutral from my experience with the 3 units I had in hands and frommost reports here but i want to be sure i didn't missed something, let me know.
Have fun!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Thank you for the in-depth feedback. About the packaging, I think you are very sensitive to that sort of smells, most peoples didn't even mentionned any kind of bad factory smell. Most mentionned to get very tasty hits, but, yes, I know you don't spare criticism :) and that's why I like you too! I agree unit doesn't feel as sturdy as the V2Pro was... but the counterpart is it's lightweight, the V3Pro is much easier to carry with you. About your question concerning the top body panel around the heating chamber, it's not the same material than the mouthpiece plastic cover... I can't find the email where I got the info so I'll come back later with the reply you want!
The temp regulation isn't a "true" temp control like we can find in modbox but more a power controlled temp regulation in order to match the target temp (similar to the wattage curve you can set in Artic Fox). I agree unit can't compensate, that's why I recommand slow draws for the first half of the hit and to draw faster for the second half.
The Xmax V3Pro shines to extract even the smaller load, consistency of the abv is perfect... if you don't load too much and you don't pack the load down (don't tamp it down). As well it's not a sipper, it never worked well for me if used to sip for long, it's a ripper, take a fews big hits and turn it off.
I noticed most peoples took some time to enjoy the V3Pro full potential, hope you will appreciate it better after more training! Have fun training!

I appreciate your honnesty, here a fews tricks to improve your V3pro experience. Most vaporizers (all?) have this issue, taste remains to be better on the beginning and to deteriorate after, it's a shame when you load 0.25gr only to get a fews flavorfull hits but since you can load as little as you want in the V3pro I suggest you to load less and to reload more often, like that you will benefit of the fresh taste more often also (i.e you can load 5x0.5gr rather than once 0.25gr (V3pro bowl size doesn't permit a such big dose though). I said to the other member most peoples doesn't even mentionned a bad taste but it appears you are 2 peoples with the same smell issue... I'll report to the team though!

Please, V3Pro owners, feel free to contact me by pm if you are thinking your device stinks out of the box, I was convinced the smell to be pretty neutral from my experience with the 3 units I had in hands and frommost reports here but i want to be sure i didn't missed something, let me know.
Have fun!
Hey ! @XMAXVAPORIZER Yeah you know me well :). It is fact that i have very sharp senses,but there is also the fact that there is black dust tinier than the intake holes. It might be left over from the cutting process cause this molds is clearly hand-assembled,two pieces glued together. Anyone can do this test if he likes.
1) Take a white tissue paper and tap the packaging over it ,you will see tiny black dust.
2) You can wipe it with with the tissue paper and more of that dust sticks to it.
It is not really a big deal to add a single layer of foil so that cannot enter the vape.
The vaporizer is already in the hands of my friend.I wanna take a note that i have only used it with the fenix WPA which holds less than a dynavap,one medium sized hit and it is cashed out. I am not talking about the performace with the stock setup .The Fenix WPA is a bit smaller id than the chamber ,so you have really to press it to the bottom to give a decent seal.
For 56 euro deal it performs decently ,even with that wonky WPA,it is just the load size that i am not happy with.
Sadly by the time of purchase the official water adapter moutpiece wasnt in stock at @Vapefully.com which is now in, btw.
I will revisit the use ot this vaporizer next weekend when we get together with my buddy again and share.Hopefully things will have descipated by then.

Last edited:
Upload it to imgur.com and paste url here, or upload to imgbb.com and paste the bb code (img brackets without the url) here
Can you show a picture of this set up please ?

I don’t know if I did this right but here is the bb code without the part that said url
DA368-EDC-265-E-4-F1-A-A05-E-7-D6-CDD7-DA479.jpg
[/url]

This is very confusing to me

It worked, thx ShitSnacks

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don’t know if I did this right but here is the bb code without the part that said url
[/url]

Yep you got it! See there is just that last URL bracket at the bottom, if you had left in the one on the other side it would have turned the whole thing into a link instead of displaying the photo here :tup:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Hey ! @XMAXVAPORIZER Yeah you know me well :). It is fact that i have very sharp senses,but there is also the fact that there is black dust tinier than the intake holes. It might be left over from the cutting process cause this molds is clearly hand-assembled,two pieces glued together. Anyone can do this test if he likes.
1) Take a white tissue paper and tap the packaging over it ,you will see tiny black dust.
2) You can wipe it with with the tissue paper and more of that dust sticks to it.
It is not really a big deal to add a single layer of foil so that cannot enter the vape.
The vaporizer is already in the hands of my friend.I wanna take a note that i have only used it with the fenix WPA which holds less than a dynavap,one medium sized hit and it is cashed out. I am not talking about the performace with the stock setup .The Fenix WPA is a bit smaller id than the chamber ,so you have really to press it to the bottom to give a decent seal.
For 56 euro deal it performs decently ,even with that wonky WPA,it is just the load size that i am not happy with.
Sadly by the time of purchase the official water adapter moutpiece wasnt in stock at @Vapefully.com which is now in, btw.
I will revisit the use ot this vaporizer next weekend when we get together with my buddy again and share.Hopefully things will have descipated by then.
Yes, I know you (a little) since I'm PPN... Ok I didn't understood the issue but now I get it, I'll transmit your concern to the team. I tried myself the Fury2 wpa and found it too much woobly, so this is let to enter some air and this is dilute hits.
[/url]

Very nice setup, enjoy!

NOLOGO

I don't know where I got these, but I just replaced the stock screen with this tiny basket screen. I haven't tried it yet, but will report back when I do this weekend. (Im a full time musician and only use my v3pro as my "gig" vape for when I'm working)
I expect this mod will keep it flowing much better than the stock plate screen.

cardyology

I don't know where I got these, but I just replaced the stock screen with this tiny basket screen. I haven't tried it yet, but will report back when I do this weekend. (Im a full time musician and only use my v3pro as my "gig" vape for when I'm working)

Does that replace the whole metal piece that goes in there or have you just replaced the screen? I'm struggling to pop the stock perforated screen out of the metal spacer thing.

NOLOGO

Does that replace the whole metal piece that goes in there or have you just replaced the screen? I'm struggling to pop the stock perforated screen out of the metal spacer thing.
sorry, I should've been more clear about that. I removed this whole piece, and replaced it with that tiny basket screen.

free photo website hosting

I don't know that it comes apart. (Does it?)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I don't know that it comes apart. (Does it?)
It does, I replaced the stamped plate filter with a DDave Dynavap Ti mesh screen for easier maintenance and a bit better airflow.
I tried a WoodScents basket screen as shown above by @NOLOGO but it was a bit large and would not keep its shape.
Any idea where you got the nice fitting basket screen @NOLOGO?

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

Let us to know if this is improve something, sometimes it's very difficult to know which path to follow as a manufacturer, after release peoples tried tricks to restrict airflow (blocking-off air inlets) and now you are trying to increase airflow with your filter screen mod!
Yes, the best would be to have an adjustable airflow and to not use screen or stems which permanently restrict airflow
, isn't it?

NOLOGO

Let us to know if this is improve something, sometimes it's very difficult to know which path to follow as a manufacturer, after release peoples tried tricks to restrict airflow (blocking-off air inlets) and now you are trying to increase airflow with your filter screen mod!
Yes, the best would be to have an adjustable airflow and to not use screen or stems which permanently restrict airflow
, isn't it?
thanks! With the stock screen I have some herb stick to the screen and block airflow during each bowl. (I use a medium grind for maximum surface area)
My theory with this mesh screen is that less chunks will get stuck. (although resin may build up faster and clog quicker... but I've been a fan of this type of mesh in other vapes. It seems to be slightly more maintenance free than steel plate screens I've used.)

I agree with (occasionally) restricting the airflow from the side holes. I sort of "feather" them as I draw, almost like a carb on a pipe.

I'll try out this mod today and report back on how it works vs the stock plate screen.

EDIT: works very well 😎 Definitely feels different with less restriction. But ultimately it seems to get you to the same place. The main point is there will likely be MUCH less required maintence to maintain optimum performance. This is what the screen looked like after 2 sessions of one bowl:

Last edited:
Top Bottom