Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

MoltenTiger

Ceramic used in the vapor path is basically inert as glass, if you’re talking bowls you might have a possible argument about degradation or surface wear, ceramic bowls are pretty common and probably safer than metals imo. Any microscopic particulate will most likely get stuck in the thin film of reclaim that coats the vapor path in the mp when vapor changes direction, at least that’s the theory S&B use for their certified medical devices.
Basically, if you look into particulate exposure, specifically surrounding glass joints on this website, you will see similarities with the minor concerns I mentioned. Materials come in widely different grades, and when engineering a product there is a lot to weigh up between the various pros and cons, not only of the different material options but the particular quality/source of similar material stock.

When it comes to vaping, a health conscious habit, the pro of cheap is very moot for the end user if it compromises a big reason vaping is a thing at all.

When selecting a mouthpiece material, isopropyl exposure tolerance should be high up on the list of requirements.
From a brand who have had this same issue before, I think they could definitely have done a better job - not only with the unknown type/grade of material used, but also with communication in the user manual

Antrim50

Dudes, why not disagree and move on? :chill:
I believe some facts are as yet uncertain about these aspects of the mp.
:popcorn:
See how that fit in two short sentences?
I agree.

Fact is trying to calculate the difference in effect between a wipe / spot clean with iso and a soak, is totally futile. Because none of us is a chemical engineer. For all we know, wiping five times with iso is as damaging as a one minute soak. Who the fuck knows.

All you need to know is that it says, crystal clear, use soap for plastic parts. Ergo, do not use iso.

That's all.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Lol you want to argue your own narrative go ahead.

The manual is not clear at all, nowhere does it say the mouthpiece cannot touch iso.

Please show me in their manual, it says for deep cleaning do not submerge in iso. But where does it state what your saying iso cannot be used on it.....

Please help me understand why you are fighting so hard over a $10 mouthpiece when I've now experienced 2 failures - that maybe related to each other but iso is not the root cause that you keep pounding here.

In other words, the jibberish you keep spouting of me putting iso is the cause of the issue is hilarious - this is $10 piece from the mfg.

Lol

Here are 2 underlined spots where it states to not use iso on the plastic mouthpiece,
View attachment 15117
If you cannot understand that, English must be a third language.
I am just trying to figure out and get to the bottom of why a handful of units out of thousands sold are having troubles that I and many others have not had so we can all avoid that pitfall. :2c:

Our first rule is Be NIce. This kind of exchange is not nice and is the sort of thng that leads to flames. If you cannot be respectful of each other then please do not post. Thank you for you cooperation.

cliffhanger1

My glass metal mouthpiece which is in use loses a bit of the black coating on the edges of the "stir bar".
I think it comes from of inserting the mouthpiece into the Vape.
I'm 0 worried about my health because I'm seriously ill anyway and I don't care about my life.
But there will surely be some interest here which material the black coating is made of, i think.
Even if some are too scared here, as I think, which is totally ok because everyone is different and sets different priorities etc. but maybe it is possible that some of the coating in the chamber is falling off while stirring the herbs.
But for me personally i dont think wethat we die from it. ;) We tend to die from other poisons like nicotine etc. I think.

Edit:
To the plastic mouthpiece which some a discussed here i think if the the plastic can withstand the heat, it will take at least a few seconds or minutes of ISO I think. Otherwise it would be very, very cheap plastic and if iso attacks plastic you can usually see it immediately.
Even if there is certainly plastic that only becomes damaged after several hours, for example.
I like the standard mouthpieces, but not the magnets on it. ;)

Last edited:

XpeeN

I'm 0 worried about my health because I'm seriously ill anyway and I don't care about my life.
But there will surely be some interest here which material the black coating is made of, i think.
Even if some are too scared here, as I think, which is totally ok because everyone is different and sets different priorities etc. but maybe it is possible that some of the coating in the chamber is falling off while stirring the herbs.
But for me personally i dont think wethat we die from it. ;) We tend to die from other poisons like nicotine etc. I think.

Edit:
To the plastic mouthpiece which some a discussed here i think if the the plastic can withstand the heat, it will take at least a few seconds or minutes of ISO I think. Otherwise it would be very, very cheap plastic and if iso attacks plastic you can usually see it immediately.
Even if there is certainly plastic that only becomes damaged after several hours, for example.
I like the standard mouthpieces, but not the magnets on it. ;)
Just saying, nicotine by itself doesn't kill. E-cig with nicotine won't kill you. Cigarettes will.

davap84

I really do not mind the stock mouthpiece on the V3 Pro.

On my Tera, I have only used the glass mouthpiece. I don't ever see using the plastic one. It is a different type of plastic than the V3 Pro, and it turns me off.

Robert-in-YEG
Yes, i'm okay too with the OG mp.
I have the wpa too. It's fine with a Jhook. But it's not really more tasty than the OG. And flavor is my Holy Quest.
V3Pro is a real achievement.
It's every thing i wanted when i started vaping 10 years ago, with a MFLB.
I would love a sexy-woody version, eventually. But i'll never pay twice as much for this fantasy.
Congrats, Xmax !

davap84

Yes, it is good, but so is the XVape Fog Pro.

I like to switch between vapes during the day. It is all part of the whole experience.

Robert-in-YEG
I have read all the thread, and like everyone here, i know how much you love the Fog. :brow:
But my VAS is now in control.
I wanted a tasty and on demand convection vaporizer to go outside. Something easy to use, with no glass, no stress. My splinter V2 was a bit fragile. SB Jr, Lotus and Vapcap were too crackhead like with the torch. Ghost was too sipy ant ritualistic.
But thanks to Xmax, i have found the Grail.
Now, i'm replete for the next two years.
I hope.

Robert-in-YEG

But my VAS is now in control.
It burns, it burns.... must buy things I don't need....

I've also been hit with CAS - Cannabis Acquisition Syndrome - as well, buying way more cannabis than I need. That said, variety is nice. Instead of buying ounces, I have been buying '7 grams' of things I normally would not try.

Control? Is that like common sense? Very dangerous thing.............

Robert-in-YEG

15f03310177b2976640f09181e2ddba7.jpg

davap84

It burns, it burns.... must buy things I don't need....

I've also been hit with CAS - Cannabis Acquisition Syndrome - as well, buying way more cannabis than I need. That said, variety is nice. Instead of buying ounces, I have been buying '7 grams' of things I normally would not try.

Control? Is that like common sense? Very dangerous thing.............

Robert-in-YEG
Oh yeah, convection is nothing without variety.
If all the strains had the same flavor, we woudn't care a lot about it. We could even vape hay, if it had THC inside.
So, it's good to have several strains. Next time i'll grow, i'll change my pattern. I used to grow one strain for each harvest (indoor) but next time, i'll grow different strains. Tasty ones.

BTW, i'm french and i have make a mistake (at least).
My VAS wasn't in control but "under control".
Thanks for the correction.

Is it possible to vape kief with V3pro ?

davap84

That’s nice to hear, where did you find out about it Castle Anthrax? ⏳
No Sir Petetbay, i foubnd it in Castle Magic : https://magicvaporizers.com/xmax-v3-pro
It was 99€ with shipping.
Is it possible to vape kief with V3pro ?
Yes, hash as well. Can be messy, I usually do a herb, kief and hash mixture so doesn’t make it too bad of a mess or sometimes in a cap.
Thank you.
The bottom of the cup is not far from the air opening and i'm worrying about kief getting everywhere.
I'll try your method.
Do you use the cup with it ?

Petetbay

The bottom of the cup is not far from the air opening and i'm worrying about kief getting everywhere.
I'll try your method.
Do you use the cup with it ?
Yes you need a barrier top and bottom use herb or thin unbleached cotton layer. The included cup is useles, Fury 2 caps work good and more convenient.
No Sir Petetbay, i foubnd it in Castle Magic
Too bad. :doh:

Last edited:

XpeeN

Hey don't spread that. Nicotine is a very strong toxin and will absolutely kill you if mishandled. And you will hurt the entire time you are dying.
OK, I should've said when properly used. But TBH, there are so many things that can kill you if you mishandled them. You should ALWAYS check carefully before using something, I guess that's why we all here ^^

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I should look into the full Xmax range more.
Hi, there is a lot of interesting words in your post although I noticed your wish to see a stealth mouthpiece option using better quality materials as the main stuff.
Thought I'd check back in on this. Sad to see mouthpiece cracks on some units.
I'm still using mine every day and it's as good as new.

FWIW, I don't ever iso the outer mouthpiece, I just soak it in dish soap and rinse. The metal and ceramic get an iso soak.

I feel my technique is yielding great results. Session mode, max temp, four pulls held down, followed by a fifth long draw and I get huge clouds. Very happy with it
I think you get the hang with your Xmax V3Pro, not only about the vaping technic but about the cleaning technic also!
The more I use my V3 Pro, the more I like it

V3 Pro is a surprisingly good fit for me
Thank you for the very kinds words! Yes, simplicity and efficiency are our mains goals along with portability and low pricetag.... but without sacrifying the quality!
Perfectly put. It's not a trailblazer but the joys of it's consistency and simplicity sneak up on you.
Great, great, great (triple great!), I'm so glad you like it too!
Ceramic used in the vapor path is basically inert as glass, if you’re talking bowls you might have a possible argument about degradation or surface wear, ceramic bowls are pretty common and probably safer than metals imo. Any microscopic particulate will most likely get stuck in the thin film of reclaim that coats the vapor path in the mp when vapor changes direction, at least that’s the theory S&B use for their certified medical devices.
Interesting, I already heard that theory, I'm agree with it but user may be still exposed to that microscopic particulates... for the first sessions at least so it may be still a concern for some peoples... But, from my understanding the ceramic maze consists in glazed ceramic, this ceramic is supposed to avoid the micro particulates issue, my two cents
Lol you want to argue your own narrative go ahead.

The manual is not clear at all, nowhere does it say the mouthpiece cannot touch iso.
Ok, I understood your concern and we'll try to add a third warming to avoid such issue to repeat. If it's a big concern for you (I can understand that!) you can still contact our support team... let me know if you want the email adress.
Here are 2 underlined spots where it states to not use iso on the plastic mouthpiece
Thank you for noticing and sharing the 2 "warmings" in the user guide... although I'll suggest to add a third one!
I wonder why the plastic in mp is not more like the stuff Might/Crafty cooling units are molded from. That stuff can be iso soaked. I think it's called PEET?
Here my two cents... like you know Mighty/Crafty are very expensives units, the TopGreen point of vue is to offer affordables devices in order to help everybody to put a first foot into the vaping scene... without to break the bank. That's why we can't use the sort of plastic S&B use but we are using high quality food-grade plastic.
got mine coming the mail, good thing now i know not to use ISO on the mouthpiece!
:tup:, feel free to share your experience, I would be glad to know your thoughts about the V3Pro... in Kiev!
but maybe it is possible that some of the coating in the chamber is falling off while stirring the herbs.
I don't understand that sentence... did you speak of the V3Pro? there is no coating in the V3Pro chamber, it's only stainless steel!
I noticed yours/others peoples concerns about the stock mouthpiece... will transmit!
Yes, i'm okay too with the OG mp.
I have the wpa too. It's fine with a Jhook. But it's not really more tasty than the OG. And flavor is my Holy Quest.
V3Pro is a real achievement.
It's every thing i wanted when i started vaping 10 years ago, with a MFLB.
I would love a sexy-woody version, eventually. But i'll never pay twice as much for this fantasy.
Congrats, Xmax !
Yes, by the past I suggested to TopGreen to release a high-end unit in the 200$ range ( I said that cause I noticed most budgets in reddits are in this range) but now I'm thinking there is already so much devices with that pricetag and not so much quality devices under 100$... this is where we shines, maybe we have to be humble and to continue to deal with the thing we are able to build... and to sell!
On top of that I think we are helping a lot all the others vaporizers manufacturers cause offering such low priced quality vaporizers, when peoples like them they will quickly buy another... and another...and... (you know, that's called VAS :D, I'm deeply affected myself!)
We have a mission....:brow:

Top Bottom