• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Petetbay

View attachment 14181
Got the new glass accessories and I am glad to report the s/s 'cooling units' can be swapped with the standard mouthpiece filter disc if would want/need more airflow. That said the small detour the vapor has to make in the glass mouthpiece does seem to cool the vapor a bit.
I tried a low temp (190c/375f) session with the new and the flavor and mouthfeel are slightly improved over the stock unit but airflow is also even more open.
View attachment 14182
With XMax Ace ceramic filter(also fits the glass mouthpiece if you don't like metal in the air path),
View attachment 14183
Nice to see the wire mesh screen is used instead of the pressed plate jobs.
I will report more as I use them more.
Don’t see any magnets, is it magnetic?

Petetbay

Sure is, no worries about them magnets coming out anymore as they are embedded under the seal...hopefully the standard CU will get the same treatment in the future.
Well looks like I’ll have pick up the new wpa now. I just got the silicone wpa and I think it causes the mp plastic to overheat and soften allowing the magnets to pop out, both on 2 mp, not happy.

DataRocks

Ok... I just got my XMAX V3 Pro.... and one of the things that I do during burnout session, is that I push air through the air intakes, so it gets pushed to the mouthpiece.... Usually I would expect *ONLY* the mouthpiece to exhaust air, but this time I found that the bottom of the pen seems to be trying to take air out..... is this expected? Does this mean there isn't an isolated air path?
@PPN can you help with this? I posted on Reddit, ppl want to know. I'd love to hear I have a defective unit, and not that this is was not omitted during the design.

Here is the video of my device leaking air through the buttons.... is this expected or did I get a defective unit?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@DataRocks, from my testing there is a technical term for your unit... it's fucked, mine only exhausts through the mouthpiece when I blow through the vents (not a good idea to introduce moisture into the unit and compressed air can damage shit).
You may have even damaged your unit somehow as it was never designed as a pusher of air and overpowering the unit with compressed air jammed in the wrong way may have been too much for something inside that was designed for negative pressure. :2c:

DataRocks

@DataRocks, from my testing there is a technical term for your unit... it's fucked, mine only exhausts through the mouthpiece when I blow through the vents (not a good idea to introduce moisture into the unit and compressed air can damage shit).
You may have even damaged your unit somehow as it was never designed as a pusher of air and overpowering the unit with compressed air jammed in the wrong way may have been too much for something inside that was designed for negative pressure. :2c:
Compressed air? I just blew into the vents... That's the same as inhaling.... In the video I am using the mouthpiece....

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Are the adapter for the wpa and glass mouthpieces the same? Could I remove the glass from the wpa attachment and use a dynavap glass mouthpiece with it?
Yes although you may have to use teflon tape wrapped around the base of your Hula stem, mine fits loose that's why the teflon (if you do it well it will be out of the vaporpath and invisible.
Got my Xmax v3 Pro a couple days ago. Only did one bowl so far. It worked well great flavor, I probably got about 15 great tasting ~5 second hits off of it, but then the taste went down hill fast. I cranked it up to 410 and took 2 puffs to "finish it off". Poured it out into a dish and there was still a lot of green in the herb. I was pretty surprised because I got great effects and taste out of it and was sure it was finished. Never say a device leave the bud so light, but still it sure tasted like it was done.
It's great, you can get a lot more hits than you thought, herbs conservation is one of the best feature of convection vaping! Although you can stir to help to get the last bit of goodies. Many peoples finish bowls at 430°F too (myself also;)). As well be sure you aren't packing too much in the bowl, less is more with the V3Pro, fill 1/2-2/3 bowl with loose fine grounded flowers this is allow hot air to touch all your load.
Ok... I just got my XMAX V3 Pro.... and one of the things that I do during burnout session, is that I push air through the air intakes, so it gets pushed to the mouthpiece.... Usually I would expect *ONLY* the mouthpiece to exhaust air, but this time I found that the bottom of the pen seems to be trying to take air out..... is this expected? Does this mean there isn't an isolated air path?
Hi my friend, I'm sad to say your unit is defective, none of my units is acting like your, I tried before to respond.
@PPN can you help with this? I posted on Reddit, ppl want to know. I'd love to hear I have a defective unit, and not that this is was not omitted during the design.
Yes I can! Please contact first your retailer support team in order to know if they will take care of you, you deserve to get a well isolated device, sorry for the inconvenience. If your retailer doesn't take care of you I'll give you our support team contact details but the replacement process will be faster through your retailer support team cause our team is based in China. Let me know if things are going smooth and easy, sorry again for the troubles.
Thank you for confirming my own tests, I hope @DataRocks will get the good working unit he deserves to get ASAP!

FC members, stay tuned for a FC Giveaway, might probably start tomorrow... if the Staff allows the event to happen, hope they do it :wave:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Received the glass wpa yesterday; it levels-up the V3 experience, imo. Four thumb's up.
:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:
Okay, five.

Using with a small-ish j-hook is civilized and delicious.

Hitting wpa by itself is not as hot as I imagined, that little puck-like cooler/screen -- go and see @LesPlenty's photos a few pages back - is surprising... I do wish the glass mp's had been in stock when I ordered, but really, this taper makes a nice mp, too. I will order when I can, but I'm happy to have this wpa since it serves both functions.

The draw, and I imagine the glass mp to be identical in this regard, seems only slightly more open compared to standard mp, but the round shape of the glass just feels 'right' and the draw more comfortable to me. I'm curious to see how other's feel about this...
I know that open draw might mean overpowering the heater, so slower is better, as usual. But it's more like open and slow - controlled by user - as opposed to restricted and slow controlled by mp. (any sense there?)

I was immediately concerned upon opening the box (nice protective packaging) that the glass might be 10mm fitting -- it just looks narrow and long. But I'm relieved, it fits into my 14 mm glass okay, it just goes very deep into the joint. I think it may be ground to about the minimum of the tolerance range (?), in diameter. When it goes into my glass pieces, it looks like about a quarter-inch of it projects right past the narrow end of the joint inside.

YES!!! to the magnets being encased -- they can't break loose/fail as we hear the standards can do.

The fit of the glass is through a silicone 'surround' plug that presses into the housing. As such, it has a very loosey-goosey (a technical American-ism) feel, you can wobble it side to side very easily, but it seems to pretty much maintain seal if you don't bend it around a lot (I have not pushed this to find out).

I applaud the designers for not being tempted to simply modify the standard design minimally, I think the magnet improvement and maybe more can be incorporated into stock mp 2.0.

Shout out to VPM for prompt service again. Cost about ten bucks shipping, but hey, that's BC to NY and it only took about 6 days...just like the V3 did.

Robert-in-YEG

This reminds me of a story..........

Back in about 1988-89, somewhere in there, I had just finished university and at the time there weren't a lot of teaching jobs, so I started working in a computer store. At the time, I thought computers were just a hobby. Strange how life turns out.

This was the era of cheap motherboards coming out of China. We ordered a couple in, along with cases, power supplies, and everything else needed to build a computer.

In the process I ran into troubles, so I ended up calling the support line. The person on the other end spoke Chinglish, at best, and he had me moving jumpers here and there trying to get the motherboard to boot up.

This is when I heard the most technical Chinese technical language "machine fuck; send back". I didn't understand much of the instructions, but I did understand "machine fuck; send back".

I will try the smoke thing with my V3 to see if it does the same thing. I like the V3, it is a good starter vape, but I don't rank it quite as high as everyone else here on FC. That does NOT mean that it isn't a good vape. Every person is unique, every vape is unique, so the best I can offer is saying that "I'm not disappointed in the V3".

As for your question about whether or not your V3 is defective, I have no idea. You will need to talk to Topgreen or whoever sold the unit. Who knows, maybe "vape fuck; send back"?

Robert-in-YEG

best-friend-quotes-9-1557440291.jpg

Antrim50

This reminds me of a story..........

Back in about 1988-89, somewhere in there, I had just finished university and at the time there weren't a lot of teaching jobs, so I started working in a computer store. At the time, I thought computers were just a hobby. Strange how life turns out.

This was the era of cheap motherboards coming out of China. We ordered a couple in, along with cases, power supplies, and everything else needed to build a computer.

In the process I ran into troubles, so I ended up calling the support line. The person on the other end spoke Chinglish, at best, and he had me moving jumpers here and there trying to get the motherboard to boot up.

This is when I heard the most technical Chinese technical language "machine fuck; send back". I didn't understand much of the instructions, but I did understand "machine fuck; send back".

I will try the smoke thing with my V3 to see if it does the same thing. I like the V3, it is a good starter vape, but I don't rank it quite as high as everyone else here on FC. That does NOT mean that it isn't a good vape. Every person is unique, every vape is unique, so the best I can offer is saying that "I'm not disappointed in the V3".

As for your question about whether or not your V3 is defective, I have no idea. You will need to talk to Topgreen or whoever sold the unit. Who knows, maybe "vape fuck; send back"?

Robert-in-YEG

View attachment 14614
I view it as a nice vape, for a good price. Not my first and won't be my last!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
the round shape of the glass just feels 'right' and the draw more comfortable to me. I'm curious to see how other's feel about this...
I also like the WPA as a mouthpiece, I usually prime with 3x mouth pulls before installing on a bong to get great rips!
Another trick is to swap the wpa S/S filter with the unit from the OG CU for even better airflow. I find I can actually pack the load a little with this much air for some great clouds through my rattle can bong.
Next will be the Ace ceramic screen instead, once I get it back from a friend that is trying it.

Kaptan

Here is the video of my device leaking air through the buttons.... is this expected or did I get a defective unit?
When you are blowing into the MP, are you also covering the air intakes completely? If so, looks like this is as designed as my new unit also does this, but works fine otherwise. If the air intakes are uncovered, the buttons do not move.

thunderstealer1337

When you are blowing into the MP, are you also covering the air intakes completely? If so, looks like this is as designed as my new unit also does this, but works fine otherwise. If the air intakes are uncovered, the buttons do not move.
The maker replied to the guys post and said the unit is defective, maybe a entire lot/batch shares this issue?

Kaptan

The maker replied to the guys post and said the unit is defective, maybe a entire lot/batch shares this issue?
I saw his reply, but wanted clarification if the intakes were completely blocked as that will make a difference. There is a lot of resistance when doing so, but the temp buttons do lightly fluctuate.

thunderstealer1337

I saw his reply, but wanted clarification if the intakes were completely blocked as that will make a difference. There is a lot of resistance when doing so, but the temp buttons do lightly fluctuate.
If the temp buttons fluctuates from airflow, I am reading it as bad, your reading it as it works fine? I is confused

PersonDude

Got a V3 today and I've got a couple questions for y'all fellow V3 owners!

So for Session Mode, how many puffs do you usually take as the timer goes down? I feel like I need to nurse it a bit or else I'm wasting the stuff being vaporized off the bud. Like, it's going either way so I gotta catch as much as I can lol 😂 .

In reference to that actually... okay this is gonna get confusing bc its terminology is the same but how many Sessions do you usually do in one session? Or how many times do you press Session Mode during your average smoke session?

Also, purely as a holdover from when I used oils and the "vape lyfe" attitude surrounding it, how thick can you get the clouds on it? Have you noticed thicker clouds on Session or On Demand mode? For me it feels like I get a really big Burst of clouds from the first point it heats up and then it slowly gets less as the Session Mode session continues. Have you noticed that happen too?

Pukka

I just recieved mine yesterday from POTV and buttons don't move when I either take a drag or gently puff into the mouthpiece with the intakes closed off (thumb and forefinger). In fact, I get no drag at all 🙃. Makes it easy to flutter the intake like on a dyna. Oh, and my "you hit temp" buzzer works in both modes.

XpeeN

Like, it's going either way so I gotta catch as much as I can lol 😂 .
That's the thing about convection, it doesn't. It won't cook your herb unless you take a hit.
In reference to that actually... okay this is gonna get confusing bc its terminology is the same but how many Sessions do you usually do in one session? Or how many times do you press Session Mode during your average smoke session?
Did you mean per bowl? It depends on the temp and other stuff, just keep using the same bowl until it's dark enough for you to throw it at the AVB jar or something.
it feels like I get a really big Burst of clouds from the first point it heats up and then it slowly gets less as the Session Mode session continues.
Well, the more you vape, there's less stuff to extract from your herb. Try temp stepping, it might help. Start low (~170-180 Celsius IMO) and rise the temps slowly between hits.

Pukka

So for Session Mode, how many puffs do you usually take as the timer goes down? I feel like I need to nurse it a bit or else I'm wasting the stuff being vaporized off the bud. Like, it's going either way so I gotta catch as much as I can lol 😂 .

Also, purely as a holdover from when I used oils and the "vape lyfe" attitude surrounding it, how thick can you get the clouds on it? Have you noticed thicker clouds on Session or On Demand mode? For me it feels like I get a really big Burst of clouds from the first point it heats up and then it slowly gets less as the Session Mode session continues. Have you noticed that happen too?
It's a convection vape, just turn it off before your last drag to cool things down and finish up in a 2nd session. Sure, it won't taste as nice, but will really be no worse than the last half session.

I use for medical reasons so I'm probably not best example, but ... if I'm up I'm medicated. I get good effects from 1 bowl generally.

Really decent cloudage for a single cell portable. Remember, once you get your technique down it's all down to energy and the heater. No real difference between on demand and session if you're talking about the same amount of time vaped because, as you've seen, vapor decreases as you proceed through your session.

Antrim50

Good news and bad news..
The good is you can stop stressing in session mode.. it can sit there for 4 or 6 minutes on the table while you take one hit, leave it for 2 mins, take another hit etc.. as many or few as you want. it only cooks the herb when you inhale.

Bad news is you will never get the type of clouds you see from oil carts. (Probably a good thing for health reasons).

Imho if you want good clouds, max temp, session mode, take a few puffs to let it circulate then a long slow draw for a while. That and the next hit will be decent. By the 4th or 5th mine are getting a bit whispy and taste done

Top Bottom