• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Antrim50

I never think much about optimal battery charge / preservation. I just plug mine in every other day and leave it about five hours or so, even if it's still got a few bars left. Is there a way you're supposed to treat the 18650s?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I've mentioned before my mouthpiece wobbles a little when I put sideways pressure on it, seems like there is a slight gap between the end of the scraper and the body of the unit. but my magnets hold pretty tight!

wHLCMSa.mp4
Thank you to keep me informed, I already mentiooned to the team the mouthpieces fitment has to be improved.
I can maybe put it off for a while.. Still have some stuff for the V3 I am looking at, the glass mouthpiece and bubbler. What happens after that, I don’t know..

I don’t think fast charging is significantly bad, I thought it was just a myth but couldn’t find any good info on it right now.

But I do know that for LiPo/Li-Ion batteries (includes 18650 batteries):
  • Letting battery drain to 0% will degrade/shorten lifespan
  • Charging to/keeping charged at 100% will degrade/shorten lifespan
  • Keeping charged at around 60-80% is best for battery health
I did find this info about fast charging through a quick search:
  • ”The phone has advanced monitoring of battery health and full control over how much power is used to charge the battery. Temp sensors monitor the temperature of the cells and the phone decides if it’s safe to continue charging at a higher level or back off and let things cool down. It is not running max amperage from start to finish - most batteries can safely quick charge to 80% or so with very minimal degradation. Then the phone will slowly top off the battery to full.” <——This is true for my iPad for example.
  • ”A fast charger can be damaging to the phone’s battery only if there is some technical fault on the hardware front or badly managed software control for battery charging.”

Yes they are different. Your Quick Charger for example gives out max 15W (5v x 3A=15W). A pd charger can go up to 100w using new usb-c standards. My ipad can fast charge at 30w, if I plug a 100w pd charger to my ipad the charger will only give out 30w, because they communicate with each other. So the V3 for example doesn’t need to fast charge at 100w, it can fast charge at 20w if it commnicated with pd chargers, but it doesn’t seem to communicate at all so it won’t even charge with pd chargers.

Usb-c pd chargers are becoming standard in most electronics, both android and apple phones, mac and windows computers etc. I can charge my phone with the same cable that goes to my laptop for example. Laptop needs 60w, phone takes only 15w.

Just want to share some info with this post, the V3 is still a great device even without pd charging.
Thank you for the infos for the quick charging feature, I understand better now. Good tips for the battery life preservation but I always heard fast charging isn't something to do on a regular basis... but things are moving so fast, who knows?
I never think much about optimal battery charge / preservation. I just plug mine in every other day and leave it about five hours or so, even if it's still got a few bars left. Is there a way you're supposed to treat the 18650s?
Yes it's better to take care of the batteries, I gave vapes to friends and it appears some peoples aren't taking care of batteries! They killed a good working battery in a few months where I still use olders batteries of the same model but they said to always use the vape until it shut down cause low power and to let it to sit for a week in a car... things like that will kill tha battery very fast! Please follow the recommendations @criticalpoint mentionned a few posts ago, they are on point!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Thank you to keep me informed, I already mentiooned to the team the mouthpieces fitment has to be improved.
the wobble is a pretty minor concern and doesn't not come up during most regular use. the only time I have issue with it is if if I'm walking on my hilly uneven hiking trails on my property, taking a sudden funny step and my arms can move making it wobble and break the seal. doesn't happen when I'm walking on a flat sidewalk or using at home.

Bad Dog,
Reactions: PPN

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I may have made a convert, not just to the V3, but to vaping.
On my recommend, she purchased a V3, her first vape. Only vaping experience has been twice with me over about 3 years...
Atlantic Ocean separates us, but I've been hand-holding and making suggestions since yesterday, when she first "saw the vapor!!!!" and 20 questions continued, until she realized she was quite baked and really enjoying this new thing.

I am very relieved; we all know this could have gone either way, and I'd be responsible either way. Can't say she's a true combustion fucker yet, but she's on the bus!

Bad Dog

Nice. More details required?
what you want me to give up all my secrets ?????? :rofl: well ok but its only cause you guys are fellow FC'ers! its just a tinymight basket screen and reduces the herb chamber by at least half. the fit is not perfect, its a little tight and could potentially scratch the oven if you are not careful. might be better options on eBay ???? as for extraction it is probably what you would expect, being further From the heater yow might want to up your regular temps a bit but I still got good brown colour by the end of my session. max temp vapers might be a little disappointed that its not as dark as the bottom half of the bowl tends to get and they can't go any higher.

Antrim50

PPN has mentioned before that you can increase vapour production by covering the air holes..

Today I had a bowl where I used my thumb and finger to cover some of the airholes and then just feathered off and on with my thumb whilst inhaling.

The vapour production was really impressive.

I really do like this vape. nice tasty hits.

Robert-in-YEG

PPN has mentioned before that you can increase vapour production by covering the air holes..

Today I had a bowl where I used my thumb and finger to cover some of the airholes and then just feathered off and on with my thumb whilst inhaling.

The vapour production was really impressive.

I really do like this vape. nice tasty hits.
I just tried covering the air holes. Yes, this certainly adds to an already very good vape.

Robert-in-YEG

543657577-HomerSimpson2_display_image.jpg

Robert-in-YEG

Covering the holes while in use; this is amazing..........WOW!!

While I've had this vape for a couple of weeks, I've yet to experience significant psychoactive effects, until today! By covering the holes and controlling the airflow, I'm getting some heavy hits :)

Robert-in-YEG

original.jpg

Robert-in-YEG

Yes and yes.
Having discovered what covering the holes does, ordering a WPA is next on my list.

One solution to the magnet problem
As for the magnets coming out, I have a crude, but workable fix; non-toxic, white school glue. White glue is non-toxic made with gelatin and water. On plastic, white glue doesn't stick very well, but it is enough to keep the magnet in place; so far.

After removing the magnet, using as little as possible, coat the sides of the place where the magnet fits. Insert the magnet and leave for at least 24 hours. Use a scalpel or knife to remove any excess glue or residue.

How long this fix will last, I don't know. The glue simply increases the friction that keeps the magnets in place. Being water based and safe for kids, I'm not too worried about anything toxic.

Robert-in-YEG

unnamed.jpg

floribud

Got my Xmax v3 Pro a couple days ago. Only did one bowl so far. It worked well great flavor, I probably got about 15 great tasting ~5 second hits off of it, but then the taste went down hill fast. I cranked it up to 410 and took 2 puffs to "finish it off". Poured it out into a dish and there was still a lot of green in the herb. I was pretty surprised because I got great effects and taste out of it and was sure it was finished. Never say a device leave the bud so light, but still it sure tasted like it was done.

Petetbay

Got my Xmax v3 Pro a couple days ago. Only did one bowl so far. It worked well great flavor, I probably got about 15 great tasting ~5 second hits off of it, but then the taste went down hill fast. I cranked it up to 410 and took 2 puffs to "finish it off". Poured it out into a dish and there was still a lot of green in the herb. I was pretty surprised because I got great effects and taste out of it and was sure it was finished. Never say a device leave the bud so light, but still it sure tasted like it was done.
I would suggest longer pulls 9-10 sec at least 15 seconds better that’s how convection works best, start pulling slowly first 5 sec to heat herb then stronger pull for the rest as long as you prefer for best results and don’t pack bowl just tamp.

New review on the tube.

Last edited:

DataRocks

Ok... I just got my XMAX V3 Pro.... and one of the things that I do during burnout session, is that I push air through the air intakes, so it gets pushed to the mouthpiece.... Usually I would expect *ONLY* the mouthpiece to exhaust air, but this time I found that the bottom of the pen seems to be trying to take air out..... is this expected? Does this mean there isn't an isolated air path?

Bad Dog

the bottom half of my bowl is tobacco brown and lightens a bit toward the top. my micro dosing bowl is still brown but not dark as the bottom half of a full chamber but darker than the top half of a full chamber. I take a lot of full timer hits :rofl:

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Got mine today. I think I will like the on demand most. Still learning, but so far I really enjoy it. I hold the fire button with my thumb and adjust the air intake with my forefinger. Lots of taste on first few bowls and decent vapor too. :rockon:

Top Bottom