Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
i dont know if you mean me :hmm: if yes, i am only using the original batteries
Well crappy batteries can lead to underperformance ,it is not uncommon to get a battery that underperforms,happened to me with my TUBOevic, as long as i switched to VTC5a it was performing marvelously ,i was almost ready to get rid of it cause of the crappy performance. My suggestion is to try a battery with more amps from a reputable brand. Sry i dont have a unit so i dont know what are the specs of the original batteries.

purpletweed

I know some rigs tend to cause a bit of back flow just pulling away from the mouthpiece or whip and it could be easy to damage a unit if water were to flow back into the cap and further into the mechanics. Outside of being suuuper careful, what are some other ways this can be mitigated?
I think if this is able to happen it might be a sign that your water level is too high. (Also, I can't say for certain, but perhaps this is more of a risk with 45-degree rigs than with 90-degree ones?)

Sativapo

I tried the other one. It's similar, maybe a bit hotter but no dark brown. It's between yellowish and brown like tobacco from a cigarette. I used the stock batteries and vtc5A. Medium grind kind of loose packing I pur to the top and press it a bit with the little finger. I think it's not malfunctioning: the way I vape, Just until there is no visible vapor, 220 C is just not enough for dark brown and really far from charring. I think it wouldn't charr with 15 more degrees. It's the first version with no buzz in OD mode.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Couldn't resist, cause the XMAX looked quite like the CAP in bigger, which I've always have in my pocket leaving the house meanwhile. And the most important: A swappable standard 16850 cell! Proprietary, non swappable cells are crimes...

The guys from Verdampftnochmal made a great job once more and sent me a unit fast as hell.

I'm really impressed, performs as the adult brother of the CAP, can hardly recommend :tup:

cliffhanger1

Couldn't resist, cause the XMAX looked quite like the CAP in bigger, which I've always have in my pocket leaving the house meanwhile. And the most important: A swappable standard 16850 cell! Proprietary, non swappable cells are crimes...

The guys from Verdampftnochmal made a great job once more and sent me a unit fast as hell.

I'm really impressed, performs as the adult brother of the CAP, can hardly recommend :tup:
Seems that you have the identical built Cuboo Stick. 👍
Interesting, but I can hardly imagine that it justifies the 40 euros it costs more.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
On an entirely different note, one concern I haven't seen mentioned is back flow from using a WPA. I know some rigs tend to cause a bit of back flow just pulling away from the mouthpiece or whip and it could be easy to damage a unit if water were to flow back into the cap and further into the mechanics. Outside of being suuuper careful, what are some other ways this can be mitigated?

No cause for concern at all if you remove the vape to clear your hit from the water piece properly :tup:My OCD would never allow me to leave the vape on top of the bowl, must fully clear my convection hits!

I tried the other one. It's similar, maybe a bit hotter but no dark brown. It's between yellowish and brown like tobacco from a cigarette. I used the stock batteries and vtc5A. Medium grind kind of loose packing I pur to the top and press it a bit with the little finger. I think it's not malfunctioning: the way I vape, Just until there is no visible vapor, 220 C is just not enough for dark brown and really far from charring. I think it wouldn't charr with 15 more degrees. It's the first version with no buzz in OD mode.

So maybe try grinding a bit more fine, more consistently, and try loading a little more not quite as loose... I agree I think your unit is fine and you just need to experiment more with technique and loading style. We all use these differently really, with different materials, we are all different, focusing on the AVB color I don't think is so productive, but yeah it should be able to get you there regardless? Keep at it, good luck!

CatchDoubleDuece

No cause for concern at all if you remove the vape to clear your hit from the water piece properly :tup:My OCD would never allow me to leave the vape on top of the bowl, must fully clear my convection hits!
Yeah I'm a bit OCD about it myself too but I share w/ folks that have disabilities and being dexterous and articulated to the point of putting things down gently, not coughing back into the glass etc are not always capable. I'm using a silicone sock for my WPA and just like you said, as long as one pulls it away to clear the glass it's fine. Wet flower is one thing but wet electronics is what I hope to avoid.

Sativapo

So maybe try grinding a bit more fine, more consistently, and try loading a little more not quite as loose... I agree I think your unit is fine and you just need to experiment more with technique and loading style. We all use these differently really, with different materials, we are all different, focusing on the AVB color I don't think is so productive, but yeah it should be able to get you there regardless? Keep at it, good luck!
Agreed,
I can probably get it darker with a fuller packing and fine grind and very long and numerous draws. It's also that I like to microdose. The result that I have is ok for the high effects of my dank homegrown but the darker abv is that last little roast of heavy cannabinoids that helps go to sleep, so I'm tempted to use my other vapes or finish the xmxv3 abv with a vapcap. But I agree that color isn't everything I only get one more ok hit at high temp with the vapcap.

fogbank

I ordered a second V3Pro from VPM. This one will be a black unit. I really like the look of the Silver Gradient model, but I wanted a black one for my second so I have one of each.

Looking forward to comparing both. I will report back when I have results to share.

I can also recommend VPM. Both of my orders were shipped the day after I placed the order. First one came in about 5 days, from Canada to California.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Outside of being suuuper careful, what are some other ways this can be mitigated?
Most bongs will puff back when you finish pulling due to the perk stem filling back up with water... @Shit Snacks method works best but I rather use a cleisen adapter as air/vapor will find the easiest way out.
1636162260768.png
or as the above is out of stock, I use these too,
1636162418917.png
I pur to the top and press it a bit with the little finger
Try a 3/4 pack with no tamping...sprinkle pack
try loading a little more not quite as loose
This is how I get green ABV but there is no real way to use a vape incorrectly as long as you are enjoying the experience.
Has anyone found a good protective carrying case for the V3
I have a sloppy-fitting Arizer Air condom on mine for testing.
1636161791622.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Read in this thread that there have been new versions with improvements already in the short time it’s been out. Does anyone which European shops have the newest one?
You can give a look at verdampnotchmal, lacentralevapeur or VapefiendUK. Only difference between earlier units and the last ones is the vibrating feature in OD mode. Heaters are the same!
The glass used for the V3Pro glass wpa, glass mp, and bubbler appears to be the same as the glass used for V2Pro and Starry accessories which I have already. I need the new glass wpa for the mounting system. @PPN the stainless steel cooler you mention in the new accessories is the same screen in the original V3 mp?
It's similar but it's not the same since there is some differences in construction. We can't really name it a vapor cooler though, I'll try to post a pic soon...
Mailbox treasure!!!! Blue wrapped battery came about 75% charged. Looks like I ordered a day or two too early. I just went back an ordered the XMax V3 Pro Glass Water Pipe Adapter and Silicone Adapter. I don't think I have anything in my odds and ends that would fit this for bong use otherwise.
That's great! Let us to know if you like it!
My V3 Pro will arrive this week and I'm the one who previously asked about an 18mm wpa. Edit: actually it arrived today. Say hello to my little friend! (nice job on the silver gradient)
Yes, I transmitted about your wish to get a 18mm wpa available. Did you noticed the silicone wpa is 14/18mm?
Very nice! By the way to anyone worried, I'm fairly certain the steel cooling unit he talked about in the glass mouthpieces is going to be fully removable, don't panic unnecessarily! I mean, how could it not be removable lol I'm not sure if he meant just that steel screen, seems like there might be a steel spiral behind it the way PPN described it...
Sorry, my mistake, no it's not really a cooler like the ceramic spiral one, it's only a screen and some short ss tubing which force the vapor to go through... more like a condenser.
Hi all, just hopping back in to mention a mishap I had when the V3 got dropped last week.
You are right, we need to offer a protective sleeve, stay tuned (and give a look at the last reply in that post)!
@PPN was the rationale behind this that using the ceramic maze would rob flavor vs the SS cooler and the idea was to maximize flavor w/the glass ? I was pretty excited when I heard there was a glass MP option but being less effective cooling wise is a disappointment for me personally. From a user standpoint my preference is always glass over plastic and ideally I’d like the same cooling offered w/the plastic MP but in glass form. I’m gonna sit on the sidelines for now and see how user reports go.
Cooling vapor means to rob some flavor so I would say you are right but... (please continue to read in the following reply to @Shit Snacks )
I doubt that was the rationale, more so that the ceramic maze is built to fit into the plastic mouthpiece, I really don't know how you could design a glass mouthpiece for it to fit into because of the way glass is... So these are just standard glass tubes, needing something else for a cooling unit, if anything at all. I'm also not a fan of the plastic type of mouthpiece normally, but I'll say this one is legit quite nice, and the vapor path is not at all plastic it is fully steel and ceramic with it so the plastic is just on your lips by the way.
the main reason is the ceramic maze we did is not compatible with a glass mouthpiece in the form it exists at the moment.
Anyone knows a EU shop which have the Glass/wpa mp?
Not 100% sure but I think you can give a look at lacentralevapeur or verdampnotchmal
So after some testing with the fury edge capsules I noticed that the capsules don't extract as well as it would by just putting some cannabis in the bowl.
Yes, it's a classic issue with capsules and convection vaping, capsules are nice to switch loads in a fast and stealth manner but the counterpart is a thinner vapor. It's my experience as well!
Reading through the thread, there seems to be a consensus that this pretty decent.

Here in Edmonton, these are available in-stock, priced around $100CAD. For the price, I might go grab one today.
Please keep sharing your good (or bad) experience!
I received my 2nd unit this week.
I had myself the same experience, I was mitiged when I opened the box of my first unit but my V3Pros are my portable DD now!
Probably 12mm
Yes it's 12mm mouthside and 13 mm bottom side (the one which is stuck in the magnetic attachment).
Got my V3 Pro yesterday, this little thing is really something else. Perfect size and quick heat up time. The vapor was VERY surprising. The vapor was super tasty, it really shocked me. With the quick heat-up time, amount of vapor, price point and the flavor, I am one happy customer. It's really great to see a vaporizer like this, now, someone put some sexy wood with it.... 😂 I already saw @Unklmark68 made an insert that looks great.
I'm so glad you like it, I have to check the Unklemark68 insert, looks fun!
Xmax must have magic silicon because the Xmax Ace gets so hot in concentrate mode you cannot hold onto it...255c(491f) so 230c should not hurt, I will add my 2 cents and say the max temp of 220c is fine for warm weather bud vaping but useless for concentrates and hampered in the cold...the slight temp bump would definitely help in both situations.
As you know conduction and convection are pretty different and to get a 255°C bowl doesn't means the silicone in the vaporpath reaches that temperatures, as well for a convection unit, a 220°C vaping temp need a lot hotter heating element but vapor in the vaporpath never reaches these higher temps, so no magic here, but only thermodynamics rules ;)
I would like to get an smart path with rising temperatures if there is an upgrade
I will transmit to the team! TY
Hello everyone, I hope you’re all having a great day. Absolutely in love with my v3, performance and build quality for the price is incredible. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a battery to purchase as a spare?
Glad to know you are happy with your V3Pro. Yes your VTC5A will do the job just right!
Well I don't know....maybe mine is weaker.... I indeed read such comments here before ordering 2 of them.... IDK...

I guess there must be some kind of difference between all the devices, I read some get dark brown avb in capsules, some even get charred while I barely get light brown. Seems pretty strange.
Are you certain it's not related to your pulling technic/weed quality/loading technic? When I got my first sessions with my first test production unit I got the same impression... cause I was hitting it like a conduction vape, it definitively need LOOONG hits to deliver, as well, like many peoples mentionned, closing the air inlets with your hands helps to increase vapor density and extraction level.

@PPN Could you ask topgreen if software upgrade is technicly possible ? They could have the limited version for mass consumption and a little upgrade for the loyal FC advanced vaporists for example :brow:... I guess i's not a big change in the software to raise max temp a bit
Do you means to upgrade the software keeping the same units? I'm sorry but I don't think our units to be firmware upgradable. Maybe in a future FC version...

My prefs:
-medium grind
-220c - yep, all the way up and flavor is still amazing
-8-12sec draws (sometimes at 12 I'm literally about to burst)
-cover 3/4 holes initial 4-5 seconds (feathering), then uncover and hard draw for biggest hits
-always finish that bowl!
Thank you for the tips, you have it right!
Has anyone found a good protective carrying case for the V3 and a few accessories?
For now I'm using a classic ecig protective case of 17.5x7x3.5cm, it fits the V3Pro with stock mp, glass mp or extra battery, a stash jar and a few tools. I'm thinking to make a sleeve from leather, it's a hobby I have my father transmitted to me when I was younger and I always desired to make a sleeve for a vaporizer but finally never gave it a try... maybe for the V3Pro, if I make one I'll post a pic here!

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
You can give a look at verdampnotchmal, lacentralevapeur or VapefiendUK. Only difference between earlier units and the last ones is the vibrating feature in OD mode. Heaters are the same!
Thanks, but I have already ordered now!
Ordered from Vapefully.com, and I should get it by next week. Hard to justify ordering from UK with the import charges that come with. But i wouldn't mind that design from lacentralvapeur.. looks good

Btw, Vapefully seems pretty good going by trustpilot and the website itself. They even have an option to use cryptocurrencies, good stuff

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

Thanks, but I have already ordered now!
Ordered from vapefully.com, and I should get it by next week. Hard to justify ordering from UK with the import charges that come with. But i wouldn't mind that design from lacentralvapeur.. looks good

Btw, vapefully seems pretty good going by trustpilot and the webaite itself. They even had an option to use cryptocurrencies, good stuff
There are some good shops in Poland which has it in stock. I am knowing 3 shops there.
There you have no custom fees in EU like from UK and i think there it is little cheaper.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Look what I made.

IMG-20211030-092012-01.jpg

Silicone WPA. End cut off. Some white bathroom silicone.

Smell proof cap. I'll test it once it's dry.

This works well. Better than expected. A really smelly vape is now not smelly at all.

Likun

There are some good shops in Poland which has it in stock. I am knowing 3 shops there.
There you have no custom fees in EU like from UK and i think there it is little cheaper.
Do you mind sharing those shops? If it's legal to do so in this thread.. I bet one of them ist vaporshop.pl :D

Likun,
Reactions: PPN

kimura

I'm enjoying dog walks with this little guy. flavor not the best but it's acceptable all things considered. I'm trying to come up with a solution to cover the mouthpiece AND the intake holes. since we can't get under the bowl for cleaning, we don't want pocket lint/dust getting in the intakes

StringTheorista

I'm trying to come up with a solution to cover the mouthpiece AND the intake holes. since we can't get under the bowl for cleaning, we don't want pocket lint/dust getting in the intakes
Seems like putting it in something like this in your pocket would address that issue, without adding a lot of bulk

fogbank

My biggest complaint about the V3Pro is the timer in on-demand mode. The 30 second timer should start when the device reaches the set temperature, not when you first press the button.

It sometimes takes my unit 12 seconds or more to reach 428 on the first draw. That only leaves 18 seconds for the actual draw.

I have been releasing and re-pressing the power button after it reaches temp, but this is not ideal in my opinion.

Since this vape will not have the ability to accept firmware updates I guess we are stuck with this behavior.

I find that I need very long, slow draws on this vape to get good vapor.

Top Bottom