Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Primus420

I’ve had the V3PRO for a couple of weeks and did a lot of experimentation and modifications to get it to where I like it. I don’t vape much herb lately, using herb as a medium to vape hash and kief. I have always been on a search for the holy grail of the best device that vapes hash and I’ve tried many. My 1st vape was V2Pro which I still use and it wasn’t very good, but got me into water pieces because it was so hot.

‘The V3PRO has advanced very far from the V2Pro and for the money the best low priced vape. It has pretty good taste and is a lot like the HR Rogue, but with smaller bowl. The Rogue is my holy grail for hash next to a Dynavap.

‘I modified mine using silicone adapter from the Starry bubbler adapter with a rubber band to secure it better and placing a Hulu XL nipple stem in the adapter and later with a 14mm wpa also from the Starry old wpa. I also put wide rubber band over the air intake holes so I can adjust air flow which is way too much for my liking. I’ve never used a small device with so much air flow as the sound is the loudest I’ve heard that gets dampened when I restrict with the rubber band. After a couple of knock overs I came up with the Arizer Air stand for it with another rubber band to prevent it from wobbling as the fit is loose in the stand. The Sneaky Pete rubber stand also works very good and stays on the devic where the Air stand remains on the desk and you take it out to use.

Overall a great device especially with the replacement battery so it lasts longer than a built in battery.

View attachment 13473View attachment 13474
What method do you use to efficiently and effectively vape hash and kief in both devices you mentioned?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@PPN was the rationale behind this that using the ceramic maze would rob flavor vs the SS cooler and the idea was to maximize flavor w/the glass ? I was pretty excited when I heard there was a glass MP option but being less effective cooling wise is a disappointment for me personally. From a user standpoint my preference is always glass over plastic and ideally I’d like the same cooling offered w/the plastic MP but in glass form. I’m gonna sit on the sidelines for now and see how user reports go.

I doubt that was the rationale, more so that the ceramic maze is built to fit into the plastic mouthpiece, I really don't know how you could design a glass mouthpiece for it to fit into because of the way glass is... So these are just standard glass tubes, needing something else for a cooling unit, if anything at all. I'm also not a fan of the plastic type of mouthpiece normally, but I'll say this one is legit quite nice, and the vapor path is not at all plastic it is fully steel and ceramic with it so the plastic is just on your lips by the way.

Last edited:
So after some testing with the fury edge capsules I noticed that the capsules don't extract as well as it would by just putting some cannabis in the bowl. I like the capsules but every time I'm done with a session it's barely light brown, lovely device otherwise I just wished it went above 220 degrees celsius. I was also wondering if there's ever going to be a firmware update where you will be able to just update the device to get it above 220 or will you need to buy a whole new vape.

Hominine

Barely light brown? Sounds like an issue with technique (IE overpacking) or the caps themselves. I'm getting full extraction with the POTV caps.

No thanks on this device getting any hotter, the engineering tolerances are tight enough and 220 is plenty hot enough to extract without the danger of combusting.

Robert-in-YEG

Hi, I'm glad to present this new vaporizer inspired by our original unit, we named it "the V3Pro" although you will notice it's a totally different vaporizer!

XMAX-V3-Pro-Device.jpg

Here the features of the V3Pro:

-Aluminium body
-Convection heat technology
-On-demand mode (30s hit duration)
-Session mode
-Isolated airpath
-0.15gr bowl size
-Wax cup with quartz fritted pad
-Replacable 18650 battery
-4 or 6mn session duration
-Fast heat-up, 15s to 180°C
-Ceramic and stainless steel vaporpath
-Removeable&cleanable vaporpath
-Comfortable mouthpiece&built-in scraping tool
-Large OLED screen (set temp, actual temp, timer and battery jauge)
-Fully adjustable T° from 100°C to 220°C (up and down buttons)
-USB-C charging port and cable
-Size: 26.6x23.8x150.2mm

XMAX-V3-PRO-Device-2.jpg

This vaporizer is another good example of the TopGreen's amazing engineering team's philosophy of vaping: We want to make affordable, portable, reliable and efficient vaporizers in order to convert more and more peoples to dry herb&CBD vaping. The V3Pro comes with all the usuals features our fans appreciate but we added the on-demand convection heating system everybody wants actually. We listened our customers!

Some more pictures:

XMAX_V3_PRO_6.jpg

Stainless steel bowl and the built in scraping tool

XMAX_V3_PRO_STANDARD_KIT.jpg

Full kit and box

More to come , I'll add a video and more pictures later, I'm open to reply to any question you might have, thanks for looking!

Reading through the thread, there seems to be a consensus that this pretty decent.

Here in Edmonton, these are available in-stock, priced around $100CAD. For the price, I might go grab one today.

maremaresing

No sure why "you can choose any temp on this range" is so hard for people to understand. There are people that don't like to go above 200C but I don't hear them complaining that a device can go to 220C. Give the option for higher temps because there are scenarios where 220C isn't enough, or makes full extraction difficult.

Cold weather is one. Dosing caps is another. Certain herb is yet another.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
No sure why "you can choose any temp on this range" is so hard for people to understand. There are people that don't like to go above 200C but I don't hear them complaining that a device can go to 220C. Give the option for higher temps because there are scenarios where 220C isn't enough, or makes full extraction difficult.

Well i get that there people wanting high temp extraction,but the comment from above is on the point. The mouthpiece is probably POM ,also we dont know what materials are inside, proably wires, bumping temp by 20 more degrees can either melt wires,mouthpiece or bring device to overheating. Boosting the temp is possible with a software trick,but maybe a redesign could also be in line so it can handle the increased temp. Since this is already a launched product i doubt it is going to happen.
For example high temp silicone is not suitable for over 220 C. Check the Ghost thread if you like to see the melted silicone cause the device was run overspec to the materials with a max temp 243°C.
Also to add that device cannot be dismantled for deep cleaning. One combustion event at smell is going to linger like shit for the rest of its life.

Last edited:

Robert-in-YEG

Better to have the ability to reach higher temps, than not.

maremaresing

That's a very good point that hasn't been brought up, but I don't expect it to be the case. The vapor path is ceramic and steel, so that's ok. The Starry can get up to nuclear temps, so I would expect similar internals.

And remember, 230C in 0C weather is very different than 230C in 26C weather. There are outside factors to consider, which I have experienced to have a definite effect on performance.

It's just selfish to limit things for everyone because you can't bother to use the device properly. Does everyone just crank the thermostat to max temp in their house in the winter and complain to the manufacturer that they are too hot?

Robert-in-YEG

That's a very good point that hasn't been brought up, but I don't expect it to be the case. The vapor path is ceramic and steel, so that's ok. The Starry can get up to nuclear temps, so I would expect similar internals.

And remember, 230C in 0C weather is very different than 230C in 26C weather. There are outside factors to consider, which I have experienced to have a definite effect on performance.

It's just selfish to limit things for everyone because you can't bother to use the device properly. Does everyone just crank the thermostat to max in their house in the winter and complain to the manufacturer that they are too hot?
In Alberta -40 isn't unheard of.....

A vape needs to perform outdoors in winter. Can't vape everywhere.....

Petetbay

So after some testing with the fury edge capsules I noticed that the capsules don't extract as well as it would by just putting some cannabis in the bowl. I like the capsules but every time I'm done with a session it's barely light brown, lovely device otherwise I just wished it went above 220 degrees celsius. I was also wondering if there's ever going to be a firmware update where you will be able to just update the device to get it above 220 or will you need to buy a whole new vape.
Not sure what you’re doing wrong, but when I use the pods they’re fully extracted faster like 3 minutes on the timer. I’ve did over a hundred bowls and never seen any green in the avb and can fully extract hash at 220C. I don’t think they’ll ever up the top temp. Mighty still at 210C top temp after 7 years and many requests for more temp at least the 220C most vapes max at. I keep saying that this device does what is suppose to do very well and not meant to compete with more expensive vapes that may give you what you’re looking for.

@maremaresing
The Starry can get up to nuclear temps, so I would expect similar internals.

Starry is completely different conduction bowl heater compared to V3 convection air heater and just higher heater temp does not a better herb vape make.

Last edited:
Not sure what you’re doing wrong, but when I use the pods they’re fully extracted faster like 3 minutes on the timer. I’ve did over a hundred bowls and never seen any green in the avb and can fully extract hash at 220C. I don’t think they’ll ever up the top temp. Mighty still at 210C top temp after 7 years and many requests for more temp at least the 220C most vapes max at. I keep saying that this device does what is suppose to do very well and not meant to compete with more expensive vapes that may give you what you’re looking for.

Starry is completely different conduction bowl heater compared to V3 convection air heater and just higher heater temp does not a better herb vape make.

I'm really not sure, maybe the cold weather or the thickness of the capsules, but I can compare capsules' bowl vs regular bowl and there is definitely a difference. I may be too used to the dynavap seeing the dark brown/coffee color avb. I'm a little upset I can't reach that with this device, I've tried multiple different strains and draw techniques, but it's always just light brown.

MostWasted,
Reactions: PPN

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'm really not sure, maybe the cold weather or the thickness of the capsules, but I can compare capsules' bowl vs regular bowl and there is definitely a difference. I may be too used to the dynavap seeing the dark brown/coffee color avb. I'm a little upset I can't reach that with this device, I've tried multiple different strains and draw techniques, but it's always just light brown.
If you put the abv into your DV, do you find that you get significant additional vapour?

David Root

I can get charred.

High temp, start out slow, and l o n g d r a w. The longer, the hotter it gets.

This is true even at 375 f. Not the charred, but the longer the draw, the hotter it gets.
A good long draw on 375 makes for great cloud for first draw.
David

maremaresing

Again, nobody is going to come to your home and force to you use higher temps.

Unrelated, does anyone who has the glass mp or glass adapter know the OD of the glass? Trying to figure out what else might fit in there.

cliffhanger1

I received my 2nd unit this week.
I now have the 1st generation without buzz in on demand mode and that with.

Otherwise, both devices work the same, the new one is a few seconds more likely to be at the highest temperature.
I am more and more enthusiastic about the V3 after a few weeks.

I only have the 2 upper rows of air holes free and so it is my most used device at the moment with getting dark ABV.

really great with sealed air holes which makes big clouds :sherlock:

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I may be too used to the dynavap seeing the dark brown/coffee color avb. I'm a little upset I can't reach that with this device, I've tried multiple different strains and draw techniques, but it's always just light brown
Have you used other on demand convection portables? The black coffee grinds avb of a cooked vapcap is not a good comparison to any convection vape really.

I think new and prospective owners here asking for a higher max temp have a point: yes, I can get darker abv with my boutique convection portables. It's just that to me it makes total sense the heater would be a bit less bodacious on a massed produced portable that's the size of a hotdog and costs a hundred dollars.

I like taking long steady draws anyway and using the V3 Pro for only a few days I'm already ready to say it's the best convection portable yet for under $200us. What's its competition even, the Go?

If I could make the heater a little punchier like my larger, less portable portables then sure give it to me. But I only go about V3 dark on my Vapbong and the hits from that thing are chef's kiss 👌 black abv really doesn't enter into it.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Have you used other on demand convection portables? The black coffee grinds avb of a cooked vapcap is not a good comparison to any convection vape really.

I think new and prospective owners here asking for a higher max temp have a point: yes, I can get darker abv with my boutique convection portables. It's just that to me it makes total sense the heater would be a bit less bodacious on a massed produced portable that's the size of a hotdog and costs a hundred dollars.

I like taking long steady draws anyway and using the V3 Pro for only a few days I'm already ready to say it's the best convection portable yet for under $200us. What's it's competition even, the Go?

If I could make the heater a little punchier like my larger, less portable portables then sure give it to me. But I only maybe go less than V3 dark on my Vapbong and the hits from that thing are chef's kiss 👌 Black abv really doesn't enter into it
IMO some vaporists think they need higher temperature ,while actually they need more calories/wattage,but since there is a limitation they overshoot temp to compensate. Also in vapes where thermal transfer to herb is slower ,people love to overshoot. I thought at first they are just benzene addicts but in reality they want a stronger hit :)).. Big heater convection vapes like glass symhony and vapbong can deliver thick hits at lower temps ,just look at the good old boiling point chart,what exactly is so beneficial that you get at 230 C ?

cliffhanger1

I know that comparisons are undesirable, I just want to say that I get darker ABV with my V3 than with the TM for example,
if I remember correctly.
i sold it a long time. and above all much more evenly.
the ABV of the V3 is also minmum just as dark as my darkest TB und darker as my lightest TB

fogbank

I still feel it is too tight, imagine what the wrapper will be like after a few dozen swaps.
On one of my units, I think maybe the spring has eased up a bit with age as it seems a bit easier to swap but still catches the wrapper a little on the way out so I just charge the battery in the unit as a rule unless I am away from a USB charger.
Agree that it is tight. I removed and replaced my battery a couple of times today and there is some technique needed to prevent catching the wrapper. Although it may seem counterintuitive, putting pressure directly on the negative contact (button), which has a spring, is not the best way to remove it. Try using the ribbon and then pulling the battery out with it more parallel to the opening. Don't try to pull one end out first. That being said I think I will also charge mine in the unit, until the battery needs replacing.

Regarding the max temp debate, I understand wanting higher temps to be available, but I don't think I would need it with this vape. I like the feeling of having room to play with in the temps. I like my vapes to be able to get hotter than where I currently use them, but that's mostly for my peace of mind. I generally don't use my Hoppers or my TinyMights at their highest temps, but I like knowing that the higher temps are available.

So far I've only run two bowls through my V3Pro. At 428 I ended up with dark brown ABV with a few black specks, both times. That gives me peace of mind that I've reached complete extraction. As long as that is the result then I am satisfied.

I am really impressed with the V3Pro considering the price.

Ripstar

Got my V3 Pro yesterday, this little thing is really something else. Perfect size and quick heat up time. The vapor was VERY surprising. The vapor was super tasty, it really shocked me. With the quick heat-up time, amount of vapor, price point and the flavor, I am one happy customer. It's really great to see a vaporizer like this, now, someone put some sexy wood with it.... 😂 I already saw @Unklmark68 made an insert that looks great.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
For example high temp silicone is not suitable for over 220 C
Xmax must have magic silicon because the Xmax Ace gets so hot in concentrate mode you cannot hold onto it...255c(491f) so 230c should not hurt, I will add my 2 cents and say the max temp of 220c is fine for warm weather bud vaping but useless for concentrates and hampered in the cold...the slight temp bump would definitely help in both situations.

Top Bottom