Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Finessseee

Molicel M35A 18650 3500mAh 10A Battery

Continuous Discharge Rating (max)10A
Continuous Current Rating (max)30W max, Recommended 21W for good performance and cycle life
Discharge cut-off Voltage2.5V

is the best battery for alp and v3 pro. been using them fo 10 weeks or more.

So would the 18650 3200 mAh Battery that comes with the POTV version of the V3 Pro work with the AirVape Legacy Pro or nah? Apparently this battery is 40% stronger than the stock battery that comes with the V3 Pro?

felvapes

So would the 18650 3200 mAh Battery that comes with the POTV version of the V3 Pro work with the AirVape Legacy Pro or nah? Apparently this battery is 40% stronger than the stock battery that comes with the V3 Pro?
The ALP supposedly isn't covered by warranty if you use a different battery so they say, but they won't give out the battery specs in regards to amp draw

A Sony vtc6 30a battery will make an ALP work a tiny bit better than the one that comes with the unit
Being that the stock is 3200mah it probably is sub 20a draw

The v3pro definitely enjoys the extra power from the 30a draw
I don't get quite as dark avb as pictured above, but I do use caps so maybe that is the difference - mine is perfect avb though and nice and dark brown - I also have an extra 8 degrees f on the dial so that may give the darker end results too

Time for other companies to lower the price when xmax is proving that power and performance can easily be delivered at a budget price with a debatabley "safer" airpath than some too

Keep up the good work xmax

Beam84

The ALP supposedly isn't covered by warranty if you use a different battery so they say, but they won't give out the battery specs in regards to amp draw

A Sony vtc6 30a battery will make an ALP work a tiny bit better than the one that comes with the unit
Being that the stock is 3200mah it probably is sub 20a draw

The v3pro definitely enjoys the extra power from the 30a draw
I don't get quite as dark avb as pictured above, but I do use caps so maybe that is the difference - mine is perfect avb though and nice and dark brown - I also have an extra 8 degrees f on the dial so that may give the darker end results too

Time for other companies to lower the price when xmax is proving that power and performance can easily be delivered at a budget price with a debatabley "safer" airpath than some too

The Sony VTC6 is rated 15amp.

That's why I use Sony VTC5A or Molicell P26A or P28A in all my vapes. They are rated 25amps.

There are no 3200mah with a 20amps draw. It's not scientifically possible. At best it's 10 amps.
The more the mah, the less the amps.

Each cells are tested by Mooch.
He is well known in the nicotine vape world.
Without him many people could have been hurt with mech mods and false advertising on the 18650 specs by many sellers/wrappers.

The Xlus Roffu is more powerfull and faster to extract than the V3 Pro but it lacks the versatility (WPA etc).
That's why I use it with a bubbler. Otherwise I use the Roffu.

felvapes

The Sony VTC6 is rated 15amp.

That's why I use Sony VTC5A or Molicell P26A or P28A in all my vapes. They are rated 25amps.

There are no 3200mah with a 20amps draw. It's not scientifically possible. At best it's 10 amps.
The more the mah, the less the amps.

Each cells are tested by Mooch.
He is well known in the nicotine vape world.
Without him many people could have been hurt with mech mods and false advertising on the 18650 specs by many sellers/wrappers.

The Xlus Roffu is more powerfull and faster to extract than the V3 Pro but it lacks the versatility (WPA etc).
That's why I use it with a bubbler. Otherwise I use the Roffu.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...zItMZgBAKABAcABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

Top 2 search results say 30a
3rd result says 20a
4th says 15a

I saw another post last night where a guy tested them and showed specs from Sony saying 30 - 40a in certain uses 20 - 30a in others and 15-20 in other circumstances

If you read my post correctly re the factory 3200 legacy battery I mentioned it would be sub 20a as a result
So there was no corrections needed

The Sony vtc6 makes both the ALP (my mini baller/ modded plenty) and v3pro run better
V3pro hits as good as a mighty like I use it in above comments and tastes better (just not an ALP)
Also runs my Daab and Wand more aggressively than the LG HG2 20a ones I also own
A few vapes I've noticed this over the years

The other powerful draw batteries people like are the molicells
Some of those are rated at 35a - the Sony vtc5a is also rated at 35a

Manufacturers lying is nothing new, but these are factory and advertised specs I'm quoting
This is a trusted ausland seller

Yea I know all about the roffu thanks to @LesPlenty
Another budget performance vape

Anyway to keep on topic and not about batteries or my ALP power

The v3pro is a killer performer for $100
I'm really impressed with xmax here
And I have found a more powerful amp draw battery works better than the factory one ime

Last edited:

Beam84

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...zItMZgBAKABAcABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

Top 2 search results say 30a
3rd result says 20a
4th says 15a

I saw another post last night where a guy tested them and showed specs from Sony saying 30 - 40a in certain uses 20 - 30a in others and 15-20 in other circumstances

If you read my post correctly re the factory 3200 legacy battery I mentioned it would be sub 20a as a result
So there was no corrections needed

The Sony vtc6 makes both the ALP (my mini baller/ modded plenty) and v3pro run better
V3pro hits as good as a mighty like I use it in above comments and tastes better (just not an ALP)
Also runs my Daab and Wand more aggressively than the LG HG2 20a ones I also own
A few vapes I've noticed this over the years

The other powerful draw batteries people like are the molicells
Some of those are rated at 35a

Yea I know all about the roffu thanks to @LesPlenty
Another budget performance vape
Mooch is right. Any other sources apart from the spec sheet from the manufacturer are wrong.

Sony says the VTC6 is rated 15amps
If you vape a vtc6 at 30 amps it 's dangerously hot and can blow out.
That's it.

The bench test is there:

Just take a mech mod nicotine vape put a vtc6 in the tube and 0.14 ohm dripper on it and call the firemen.

The molicels are estimated at 25amps. 35 amps only under 60c or under 75c.

Last edited:

felvapes

Mooch is right. Any other sources apart from the spec sheet from the manufacturer are wrong.

Sony says the VTC6 is rated 15amps
If you vape a vtc6 at 30 amps it 'sdangerously hot and can blow out.
That's it.

The bench test is there:

Just take a mech mod nicotine vape put a vtc6 in the tube and 0.14 ohm dripper on it and call the firemen.

The molicels are estimated at 25amps. 35 amps only under 60c or under 75c.

See the ratings it says 15-30a depending on temp and circumstances

Let's leave the battery comparison to another thread mate anyway

The simple fact is that a legacy will be sub 20a (that means it will be under 20a)
Sony vtc6 - or a vtc5 or molicell will make the v3pro run and perform much better - as has been noted by a couple of users and this is great to know

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes Sony VTC6 are absolutely fine to use they do not actually run at 15A (similar to Samsung 30Q and LG HG2 which run at 18A more like) they're supposed to be able to go up to 30A although I am skeptical about that of course, Molicel are the best for single battery high drain because of all the extra amps with the 35A rating... However v3pro is really not that demanding on the cells, I've just been using LG HE4 with mine and they're working great, many fine options

seedy53

cross-posted from r/AirVape Legacy Pro

These Herb Vaporizers, most likely, have a setting to allow a max amount of amperage they can draw.
Probably, an amp limiter circuit has been installed, otherwise these batteries and/or devices, running at max temp, they would be to hot to touch, catch on fire, or even explode.
It's a built-in safety aspect, otherwise these unprotected flat-top batteries would be extremely dangerous.
Keeping their amperage setting limits, that they are designed for, should be a big concerned and the main reason you would void factory warranties.
I doubt more max amps would be help, but more voltage storage capacity ( mAh = MilliAmp Hour ), would allow longer session time for vaping.
If i got this wrong, please show the data, , please. I'm willing to learn, always.
Thanks.

Shit Snacks

cross-posted from r/AirVape Legacy Pro

These Herb Vaporizers, most likely, have a setting to allow a max amount of amperage they can draw.
Probably, an amp limiter circuit has been installed, otherwise these batteries and/or devices, running at max temp, they would be to hot to touch, catch on fire, or even explode.
It's a built-in safety aspect, otherwise these unprotected flat-top batteries would be extremely dangerous.
Keeping their amperage setting limits, that they are designed for, should be a big concerned and the main reason you would void factory warranties.
I doubt more max amps would be help, but more voltage storage capacity ( mAh = MilliAmp Hour ), would allow longer session time for vaping.
If i got this wrong, please show the data, , please. I'm willing to learn, always.
Thanks.

Sounds right to me, but it also depends on the vape, just basing on my experience with the TM and TP80 they really benefit from the extra amps more than the extra mah, but I don't think that's the case with the xmax I think it is more as you described (cannot comment on the legacy bc no experience)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Molicel are the best for single battery high drain because of all the extra amps with the 35A rating

Just for clarity sake:

FROM BATTERY TESTER the “Mooch”:

“The datasheet for this cell lists a 35A “maximum discharging current” rating but notes that “cycle life is reduced at high rates”. This means Molicel says you can use the cell at up to 35A but the cell will age faster.

The only maximum temperature limit I can find in the datasheet is 60°C so never allow the cell to get hotter than this. Cells start aging a lot faster when run at temperatures that high, above around 45°C, so it’s best to stay below 45°C whenever possible.

Be aware that going over 60°C is very easy in a battery pack where each cell can heat up the ones around it and the pack is covered by insulating materials that slow down cooling.

This 35A rating not a true continuous current rating you can use to compare against other cells. The P28A will get almost hot enough to boil water if run continuously at 35A down to its 2.5V cutoff. In my opinion Molicel rated this cell for its intended use in power tools and other applications where the cells are used only for short periods of time at high current levels.

So while you can run this cell for short periods at 35A I recommend staying at 25A or lower to help improve performance (reduce voltage sag), extend cell life, and reduce the risk of going over the 60°C limit.”

HIS FULL REVIEW of Molicel P28a HERE:

Shit Snacks

Just for clarity sake:

FROM BATTERY TESTER the “Mooch”:

“The datasheet for this cell lists a 35A “maximum discharging current” rating but notes that “cycle life is reduced at high rates”. This means Molicel says you can use the cell at up to 35A but the cell will age faster.

The only maximum temperature limit I can find in the datasheet is 60°C so never allow the cell to get hotter than this. Cells start aging a lot faster when run at temperatures that high, above around 45°C, so it’s best to stay below 45°C whenever possible.

Be aware that going over 60°C is very easy in a battery pack where each cell can heat up the ones around it and the pack is covered by insulating materials that slow down cooling.

This 35A rating not a true continuous current rating you can use to compare against other cells. The P28A will get almost hot enough to boil water if run continuously at 35A down to its 2.5V cutoff. In my opinion Molicel rated this cell for its intended use in power tools and other applications where the cells are used only for short periods of time at high current levels.

So while you can run this cell for short periods at 35A I recommend staying at 25A or lower to help improve performance (reduce voltage sag), extend cell life, and reduce the risk of going over the 60°C limit.”

HIS FULL REVIEW of Molicel P28a HERE:

Yeah I won't pretend to understand more than I do, all I know is they work better, anecdotally, I doubt they are using 35 amps, but something about having that high a rating, seemingly the only difference of these cells, has them performing better for me

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yeah I won't pretend to understand more than I do, all I know is they work better, anecdotally, I doubt they are using 35 amps, but something about having that high a rating, seemingly the only difference of these cells, has them performing better for me

The best choice as of today. I’d call them 25amps. Of course for our uses, that’s more then enough.

I don’t own the special equipment required to draw such high amps while reading the battery temperature. But that’s the key in determining the REAL amp rating, and thus why I always search out the Mooches tests, as that’s his thing, and he has the proper testing gear.

felvapes

I agree with this
And the quote doesn't debate this

In a TM2 or ALP on demand mode we are using high energy for short periods of time
It's not constantly on like in session modes or "power tools"

We use the powerful batteries for short bursts of power and they probably do get close to max amp draw for a short period of time

Regardless as you mentioned
Via trial and practical use - I've read that the TM likes high amp draw best
ALP also seems to
V3pro also runs better

So theory aside, in practice users are getting the results they are getting and it isn't subjective when avb is the proof of the day

EDIT
And cheers for clearing up the vtc6 30a rating
I stopped debating about it with ppls long messages, but I knew I wasn't crazy

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Very interesting talk about batteries, you are all bringing great stuff on this topic!

I noticed also there is many different numbers about batteries but it looks like I mistaken claimed the Xmax V3Pro stock EVE 26V to be 10A but the right Discharge rate n° is 7.65A. To be honnest I thought the batteries DR to be 5, 10, 15 or 20 (increase by 5 step), sorry for the mistake.

The V3Pro isn't a lot power demanding and it's a challenge to achieve when it comes to convection, thanks to our engineers, this is allow a lot more batteries to work with the device and more bowls per charge.
The solid walls seem to work better as it creates a tube as if it is just the chamber and the air gets sucked through the weed as usual
Mesh top and bottom will mean both less metal to heat, but also more airflow through the weed and also helping to create the tube affect making the hot air flow over/through the weed

The mesh wall design was useless and air never seemed to go through the weed but around it
Solid walls keep it more like factory bowl

If you remove the top screen in the MP while using dosing caps it will give better airflow and create more vapour, it also makes the vape act more like it does without caps (with improved airflow)
Also less to get clogged up so less frequent cleaning and easier cleaning when necessary

I only have to ever clean the airpath inside the MP now
Easy to remove and clean on its own
Thank you for all the kinds words in this post and others, as well thank you for sharing your tricks! Have fun!

Molicel M35A 18650 3500mAh 10A Battery is the battery i use not 35E​

Sorry, I thought you said a 35E... yes this Molicel seems great!
Yes, they will work.

They are rated 8 amps and the included Eve 26V is rated 7.5 amps not 10.

But I prefer VTC5a or molicell P26A/P28A to vape at 220c.

You are right... don't know why I said 10A, maybe just to keep a security margin, just to be safe ;)
i dont know the A diference between the Starry battery and the v3 pro battery...but when i use the 18650 starry battery i get more power/clouds on the v3pro (BIG clouds) meanwhile if i use the 18650 v3pro battery on the starry i get a poor performance. What is the main difference between these batteries @XMAXVAPORIZER ??
That's strange to be honnest... from my thoughts the Samsung 26v (Starry's battery) is only 5.2A (but, I don't know why, is labeled as a 10A in many retailers shops), I noticed myself this battery to work in the V3Pro but I can't recommand. As well I can't see how the battery will affect in a so large way the vaping performances. Be carefull using it, check if the battery doesn't heat-up, don't push it too low although, like I said before, I can't recommand... (but I'll test it just for science!)
I assume the amp draw
The more powerful vapes I own run best on 30a draw batteries
I'm going to try this now, I've only used the factory battery with it - one of my Sony vt6 should make it roar then.....

EDIT
Okay so that rocks
Sony vt6 and the bottom two rows of holes covered and there's no need to cigar/thick shake draw
Just a nice decent strength draw (like my ALP) and blow nice thick clouds
Session was over in 2&1/2 mins on 420f
Yes VTC6 is a pretty good battery, that's the one I use in my box mods.

:tup:

Beam84

Yes Sony VTC6 are absolutely fine to use they do not actually run at 15A (similar to Samsung 30Q and LG HG2 which run at 18A more like) they're supposed to be able to go up to 30A although I am skeptical about that of course, Molicel are the best for single battery high drain because of all the extra amps with the 35A rating... However v3pro is really not that demanding on the cells, I've just been using LG HE4 with mine and they're working great, many fine options

"Sony gives this cell a continuous current rating of 15A but allows for temperature-limited operation at a level above that. You can run it at above 15A but only until you reach a certain temperature, 80°C, and then the discharge must stop.

But this is not a high performance “power” cell, designed for high current. It is a high capacity “energy” cell designed for low to moderate power levels and long running time. At higher current levels the voltage sag and power loss in the cell are huge. Do not exceed 20A."

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...mah-18650…a-fantastic-15a-20a-battery.846895/

kokolokokolokon

That's strange to be honnest... from my thoughts the Samsung 26v (Starry's battery) is only 5.2A (but, I don't know why, is labeled as a 10A in many retailers shops), I noticed myself this battery to work in the V3Pro but I can't recommand. As well I can't see how the battery will affect in a so large way the vaping performances. Be carefull using it, check if the battery doesn't heat-up, don't push it too low although, like I said before, I can't recommand... (but I'll test it just for science!)
I’ve been using it for a week and i can tell you the battery doesnt heat up, and the device doesnt get more hot than usual (comparing it with the v3pro battery). But you will notice the difference x)

fogbank

I tried a VTC5A and a VTC6 in the same V3Pro and did not notice a significant difference in vapor production or ABV color when compared to the stock (Eve) battery. I use a dosing capsule in session mode. I generally allow an additional 30-60 seconds of heat up time after the buzz. Temp set to 428F.

I had a much more noticeable improvement in vapor production when I removed the metal screen from the mouthpiece. It's not needed with the dosing caps.

Maybe the boost others have reported with the Sony batteries is only in on-demand mode?

Shit Snacks

Yeah VTC6 doesn't come close to the 30, 20A is why it is okay to use with these devices though, and a bit better and more reliable than the 30Q I think, but not as good as the VTC5A with the extra amps, certainly for longevity of the cell as well... So yeah with those maybe there is a slight increase into how fast it can heat up in on demand mode, benefit you would probably get from a Molicel here? I think any noticeable difference would be negligible in this vape though, as said, it doesn't have a large power draw requirement, and it has the digital regulation etc. More of a concern for others

Hey Nineteen

I don't think 10 amps is enough typically for vapes like this, possible this one could use less, no danger to trying? Also all of these vapes use flat tops really
Thank you I appreciate it. I don't know shit about batteries. All my vapes do not have replaceable batteries or are plug in. Can you please recommend a battery? Thank you.

Shit Snacks

Thank you I appreciate it. I don't know shit about batteries. All my vapes do not have replaceable batteries or are plug in. Can you please recommend a battery? Thank you.

Yes, read backwards through this thread, literally a page ago I think, we were discussing the recommended batteries... I posted a full list (LG HE4 and Samsung 25R easy enough)

Top Bottom