Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

andrew`124c41+

Had been 7 years on regular vaping, rebuildable atomizers, home mixing juices, making coils etc. This experience quite different. I can feel the heat comes up alrite, but get zero effect of it, alas. Thanks for the sanitizing with ISO tip BTW.
Interesting. I used to smoke back in the 60s and stopped in 1969. Only in the past 3 months did I get a medical card to try and deal with a neurological issue.

I vape but am keeping the unit set on F rather than C because it allows me a greater magnitude for experimentation.

I start out at 275 F and find I don't need to go higher than 375 for most flower depending upon the moisture content.

Generally I produce a barely visible vapor and get a good result.

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
I would say you are packing too tight as the V3 is quite free-flowing draw wise like most convection vapes.
merci beaucoup (thank you 🇨🇦:wave:) originally i thought more pack = larger hits but now my clouds are even thicker and i get great rips with a sprinkle pack and light tamp. With spare 18650's this is exactly what i was needing to get off combustion fully, i still find my dynavap gets better flavor native but this produces consistent effect delivery. Thanks xmax for the great vape and all you guys for the tips

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I wish I had some clouds at all, but instead get virtually nothing. I used to vape with mouth to lung technique, hate that full lung inhale, oh well, thanks lads anyway. Will try also my 510 dry herb vaporizer if its any better will try to sell this babe, its only 2 times of use.
I'm sorry man, you need longer tokes for a convection vape. Good luck with the 510

Zipford

How? Are you saying that you can tell the difference between a change of one degree Celsius and one degree Farenheit?
I think the point is that when using Fahrenheit you have 216 specific temperatures (212 to 428) to pick from, as opposed to 120 using Celsius (100 to 220). While I doubt anyone can tell the difference in one degree of either scale, logically Fahrenheit should let you dial in your preferred temperature more precisely.

Personally I generally use round numbers, unless I am turning it all the way up, but I can see the attraction of smaller increments.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I think the point is that when using Fahrenheit you have 216 specific temperatures (212 to 428) to pick from, as opposed to 120 using Celsius (100 to 220). While I doubt anyone can tell the difference in one degree of either scale, logically Fahrenheit should let you dial in your preferred temperature more precisely.

Personally I generally use round numbers, unless I am turning it all the way up, but I can see the attraction of smaller increments.

It's true that F degrees are smaller than C degrees. Beyond that, the distinction is useless. You are not selecting a precise temperature, you are setting an exact number. The actual temperature you get varies constantly as the load dries and is exhausted. Your draw changes every time as well, since nobody is perfectly consistent. As has been pointed out endless times for countless devices, even if accurate the temperature is that of the heater and not the load.

I would bet my entire stash, nay, my entire fortune that no one can tell a difference of five degrees Celsius (nine degrees Farenheit), let alone a single degree.

MoltenTiger

It's true that F degrees are smaller than C degrees. Beyond that, the distinction is useless. You are not selecting a precise temperature, you are setting an exact number. The actual temperature you get varies constantly as the load dries and is exhausted. Your draw changes every time as well, since nobody is perfectly consistent. As has been pointed out endless times for countless devices, even if accurate the temperature is that of the heater and not the load.

I would bet my entire stash, nay, my entire fortune that no one can tell a difference of five degrees Celsius (nine degrees Farenheit), let alone a single degree.
If I dial down to 215 I will wind it back up, by preference I would like at least an extra 15dC of range, a 5-10dC boost would be useful for me. Once you start dialling in to sub-combustion territory or add glass to the bowl, the resolution of smaller power increments is useful.

There is appreciable difference when limiting power with IC control, although it's subtle, moot, not worth discussion due to other variables, certainly not worth trying to calculate what spectrum spread is most useful - it's always better with more control not less. Swapping between C and F is not really the same thing as having three selectable temps - the amount of selection is already vast enough between both that it doesn't really matter.

10dC doubles the rate of reaction, 5dC is significant. <1dC is much less so with the sensitivities of this apparatus, but it obviously will make a difference to the power function of a digital device operating with floating points... small differences are observable and appreciable.

For the most part I agree with what you say, but I like degree increment changes, and have not enjoyed the difference of 240dC compared with 245dC 🔥

Being limited at 220 is a small pity, any number more I would prefer.

MoltenTiger

Up to 240C would have been nice to try some more concentrate sandwiches in the V3, but like the Plenty though, it is made so you cannot combust (although the Plenty can be 'hacked' to go to higher temps, just got my security driver bit).
Sounds fun!

With the material's and tolerances used on the V3 220 was a reasonable stop point.
One day I'll be able to upgrade and get GH like performance potentials again, without the inevitable short lived experience. Maybe.

Thunderbelch

There's also user-friendliness to consider when choosing temp steps. Personally I would enjoy using this device a lot more if it could be set so each button press gives a 5 degree change rather than one. That would make temp stepping in reasonable increments far more enjoyable than all the clicking or holding the button in and overshooting the target then having to click back to where you wanted to end up.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Question about flavor. Some people say the V3 Pro's flavor is a cut below the Mighty, Tafee Bowle, and other high end devices. How can this be? The V3P goes down to 100C. Shouldn't you be getting some of the best flavor there is at say, 150-170C with convection heating and a SS bowl and ceramic path? Everyone says convection flavor is the best, so how could this be inferior to the Mighty which is a hybrid with an aluminum heater, SS and plastic path??
Could it be that people who say the Mighty flavor is better, are saying that because it holds 2x more weed than the V3P so they're getting 2x more terpenes in their mouth?

Question about this. Does the WPA attach to that cooling maze? Or is the native mouthpiece the only one that gets the cooling maze?
It's very difficult to rate flavor since it's related to personnal sensitivity&preferences. Although I agree with you about the load size impacting the flavor feedback. Only the stock mouthpiece comes with the ceramic maze.
Read the thread got this machine, lads, as for me, absolute rubbish. Dunno what to do with it now, feels like wasted 80 euro(((
I'm sorry about your bad starting experience, here my suggestions for best hits:
- use well dried, fine grinded resinous flowers
- load 1/2 to 3/4 of the chamber without to tamp it down, loosely is better
- set the temp at 205°C or more
- wait an extra 30s after the unit reached the selected T° (first hit trick only)
- take a hit, looong and slooow draw, you can fasten your drawing rate for the last handfull of seconds, hit duration is at least 12s if you want to blow thick clouds
- no stirs are required although you can do gentle taps to mix the bowl without to open the device, sometimes I stir once a bowl.
Hope that helps!
There's also user-friendliness to consider when choosing temp steps. Personally I would enjoy using this device a lot more if it could be set so each button press gives a 5 degree change rather than one. That would make temp stepping in reasonable increments far more enjoyable than all the clicking or holding the button in and overshooting the target then having to click back to where you wanted to end up.
We did a 10° increment by a long press with the Ace, maybe we can do that with the V3Pro next version but I think we will keep the 1° increment by press cause many peoples want to be able to set the device to the temp they choosed... even if, like @pakalolo said, this is more a number than a precise T° (cause all the others variables he mentionned, moisture content, ambient T°, draw speed,loading style,...). Enjoy vapor!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
merci beaucoup (thank you 🇨🇦:wave:) originally i thought more pack = larger hits but now my clouds are even thicker and i get great rips with a sprinkle pack and light tamp. With spare 18650's this is exactly what i was needing to get off combustion fully, i still find my dynavap gets better flavor native but this produces consistent effect delivery. Thanks xmax for the great vape and all you guys for the tips
Thank you Ryan (the Canadian!) for the kinds words, we tried to make our first full convection vaporizer as good as possible keeping the device affordable. It's not our first vaporizer, our older gear consists in conduction based vaporizers (,Starry is famous), wax pens and a E-rig, the Qomo. All very portable and stealth.
Enjoy your Xmax V3Pro... et un grand merci... from France!

happynomoretobacco

hey guys!

do you think that the Fenix mini / Fury 2 capsules below are compatible with the Xmax pro V3?

Thank you in advance for your advice!

This one fits and works good and i think material will stay for longer than the mesh one

andrew`124c41+

hey guys!

do you think that the Fenix mini / Fury 2 capsules below are compatible with the Xmax pro V3?

Thank you in advance for your advice!
I have been using the POTV One dosing caps which fit perfectly. They cone in a pack of 4 in a tube.

Just don't pacj them too tightly. If you pack a bunch at a time and keep them in the tube and you can always put one in after the other.

This one fits and works good and i think material will stay for longer than the mesh one
These are the same ones that POTV sells.

Top Bottom