Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
@PPN when do you think release the V3 with the new colour you was asking the members here in your contest ?:popcorn:
Yes we will release probably the 3 colors which got the more votes although it will be probably for spring/summer. Chinese new year holidays are coming and we will release the dosing caps after (end of february, beginning of March).
Does anyone else put an additional screen at the bottom of their bowl to prevent stuffs like kief and dust getting in the oven? I'm a little bit paranoid on it, but over long time use can the V3 get clogged from too many things getting inside the unit without a way of coming out?
Since how convection heat works there is nothing to be worry about (when you draw you are keeping away the debris from falling onto the heater), although if you like to stir the bowl the additionnal screen is a good thing!
Are there any good videos that walk through the cleaning process?
I remenber I seen a video from a reviewer/retailer earlier in this thread.

Cleaning is pretty simple: Bowl doesn't need deep cleaning if you are taking care to unload it right after each vaped bowl followed by a quick wipe/brush. If it happens to be dirty you can clean it inverted (it's important!) using a Q-tip soaked with iso (isopropyl alcohol), if it's still a little warm this is might help. For the rest the user guide explain very well how to clean the mouthpiece. Mouthpiece plastic cover will be cleaned ONLY with hot water and soap, silicone may be dipped in iso for a few seconds before to be wiped clean and rinse with water, ceramic maze and metal filter can be soaked in iso for longer, same process after.
Just saw this and wanted to clarify, I paid $15 for shipping of the rma mouthpiece only. Below is the copied email message, I did change the PayPal email since it was some random person's email NOT associated to xmax or topgreen
Yes I misunderstood the story... we are trying to solve the issue in order nobody will have such hassles in the future, as well I'll try my best for you @thunderstealer1337 , I'll let you know

andrew`124c41+

Has anyone found a nice small, soft case for the XMaxV3 Pro?
Because the Tinymight has glass and seemed to me a bit more fragile, I put it in a hard case.

I need something for this other than the box.

Anyone found a nice case for it? I am waiting for the WPA for it.

fogbank

Has anyone found a nice small, soft case for the XMaxV3 Pro?
Because the Tinymight has glass and seemed to me a bit more fragile, I put it in a hard case.

I need something for this other than the box.

Anyone found a nice case for it? I am waiting for the WPA for it.
I use this one for both of my V3Pros:

iDream365(TM) Small Size EVA Carrying Case

It's not soft, and it's cheap, so I wouldn't call it "nice", but it protects the vape from drops and minor impacts.

andrew`124c41+

I use this one for both of my V3Pros:

iDream365(TM) Small Size EVA Carrying Case

It's not soft, and it's cheap, so I wouldn't call it "nice", but it protects the vape from drops and minor impacts.
I don't know about any of your qualifiers lol but this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Looks like it is just big enough. Ordering it right now. Thanks! Just out of curiosity, why 2 XMaxV3 Pros?

Last edited:

fogbank

I don't know about any of your qualifiers lol but this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Looks like it is just big enough. Ordering it right now. Thanks! Just out of curiosity, why 2 XMaxV3 Pros?
I have a Silver Gradient that I purchased first, and after I got to like it I wanted a backup, so I bought a black one. I like to be able to tell them apart so I got different colors.

The V3Pro has mostly replaced my Grasshoppers for vaping outside of the house, and I always had multiple Grasshoppers to rotate through. At less than half the price of a Grasshopper it's easy to justify a backup V3Pro!

MagicMan

Vape Noob
Is it possible my xmax v3 pro is faulty from the get go? I compared similar temps in the v3 and a potv one, the potv one clearly produces more vapor and something useful.

Any ideas on how to test this? Rocking dosing capsuls and stepping up temps. I mean I took my dosing capsul out on the v3 and it was warm but not very hot, and I could handle it.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@MagicMan try cigar huffing and puffing to get some heat into your capsule (the V3 uses mostly convection heat that needs you to do some lung work compared to more conduction heat with the potv one that cooks the pot for you).
The capsule will rob a lot of heat and are not really the best option for convection vapes although some swear by them, I don't like them as they rob room that could have been filled with bud for more clouds/effects.

MagicMan

Vape Noob
@MagicMan try cigar huffing and puffing to get some heat into your capsule (the V3 uses mostly convection heat that needs you to do some lung work compared to more conduction heat with the potv one that cooks the pot for you).
The capsule will rob a lot of heat and are not really the best option for convection vapes although some swear by them, I don't like them as they rob room that could have been filled with bud for more clouds/effects.
I'm taking monster puffs and its nothing. Unless we're rippin for like 15s-30s?

Externally functionally it's fine. I may contact support for an exchange. I'm still, as an avid vaper, not convinced this is working right.

I used it once, made I think one of my first posts and just shelved it. Like coming from functionally working devices, this one has me just using something else.

I read for hours about this damn thing, my experience is not matching at all.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Sometimes though if it sucks why waste time on it
I am pretty sure the device when packed and working correctly is worth the time.
Also, try covering all but the top 3 air inlet holes on each side of the body to increase resistance and heat the incoming air more for a closer to potv one (conduction) experience that you compare this unit to.
I still think a 3/4 sprinkle filled bowl will give you great rips once you puff start the vapor.

andrew`124c41+

So I was taking apart the mouthpiece and realized the one inside piece is so resin up. Can you soak that piece in ISO? That piece is not plastic right? Just the outer shell with the magnets doesn’t go in ISO.
That is exactly what I do. Have not had a problem. The mouthpiece of the G Pen Dash does the same thing....so I soak them the same way on 90 percent isopropyl alcohol.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I'm taking monster puffs and its nothing. Unless we're rippin for like 15s-30s?

Externally functionally it's fine. I may contact support for an exchange. I'm still, as an avid vaper, not convinced this is working right.

I used it once, made I think one of my first posts and just shelved it. Like coming from functionally working devices, this one has me just using something else.

I read for hours about this damn thing, my experience is not matching at all.
Hi, I think your issues are coming from to be used to conduction/hybrid vapes, the Xmax V3Pro is full convection, this is means you need to take long&slow draws in order to transfer the heat to the load, here my recommendations for best hits:
- use well dried, fine grinded resinous flowers
- load 1/2 to 3/4 of the chamber without to tamp it down, loosely is better
- set the temp at 205°C or more
- wait an extra 30s after the unit reached the selected T° (first hit trick only)
- take a hit, looong and slooow draw, you can fasten your drawing rate for the last handfull of seconds, hit duration is at least 12s if you want to blow thick clouds
- no stirs are required although you can do gentle taps to mix the bowl without to open the device, sometimes I stir once a bowl.

Hope this is help, if not fell free to contact your retailer support team, if they are not taking care of you we will honor the warranty you deserve to get. Let me know...

andrew`124c41+

Is it possible my xmax v3 pro is faulty from the get go? I compared similar temps in the v3 and a potv one, the potv one clearly produces more vapor and something useful.

Any ideas on how to test this? Rocking dosing capsuls and stepping up temps. I mean I took my dosing capsul out on the v3 and it was warm but not very hot, and I could handle it.
Because it is conduction you really can't use an IR thermometer.

I am using the unit successfully at 350 F or about 175 C. I am using herb kept humidified, so it is not dry.

You should be able to tell in part by what is left in the bowl when done. Now, some strains are different in texture and moisture content which plays a role.

But, after enough hits, I am left with a product that no longer resembles what I stuck in there! The top of the unit should be warm.

I sometimes use POTV One dosing caps. The reason I mention this is because that is one way I know the unit is working. Immediately after a session, if I quickly drop the cap in my hand it will burn! I learned that the hard way. (What was I thinking.)

Do you have some other unit to compare it with? If you are really unsure send it back.

VisiblyVaped

Ahhh I can relate. The first load or two I was slightly underwhelmed. And then I got it and it became my favorite portable, slightly edging out the POTV one/Fury edge (I have both and they’re essentially identical in functionality). It’s wonderful, just use it a bit.

It’s pure convection, rather than the hybrid you’re used to. First things first - dosing capsules, while compatible, don’t work the same in the xmax. Not in my experience. They work, but not the same. I dropped those from the equation, packed it about 3/4 with a light tamp down, ramped temp to 400 from the get-go, and started to “feather “ the bottom of the air hole section almost like a carb.
Holy f*cksticks batman. The difference…..

I milked my bong, stirred, milked it again, turned the temp to 420 and extracted the rest. At one point I thought maybe it’s possible to combust in here……
Nah.

The temperature on the screen is not necessarily reflective of the temperature you’re vaping at. Someone here explained that to me, and it makes sense when you factor in everything else in the equation.

While stirring is not a necessity, it sure is helpful, and convenient when you consider the fact that your stirrer is on your mouthpiece.
so to summarize -
1. Drop dosing caps
2. Pack 3/4 load
3. Turn temp higher
4. Slow draws to begin, feather the air holes to create more density.
5. Stir every few hits

I get extremely consistent results from this vape using the above method. I have put it at 420-430 and had nice darker brown abv leftovers, which further shows me that the temp is kind of an indicator, not an exact measurement of what you end up vaping at…

LesPlenty

Company Rep
if I quickly drop the cap in my hand it will burn!
That made me chuckle, I have done the old 'checked too early if it is still hot' trick with a few vape accessories. Also a good indicator my rosin pucks were warm enough when pressing...not so good a measure for the boilermakers out there, heat does not bother them!
I have been using one of my V3's with all but the top 3 holes on each side covered for the last week or 2 and quite like it, not as much as standard wide open but enough to keep one unit this way for the foreseeable future (until I find a better solution than masking tape or change the number of open holes).

thunderstealer1337

the caps have alot of issues with me, i dont understand, the caps are burning hot from the potvone - like sizzzle ouch ouch ouch, the xmax are just slightly annoying to handle after a session

i still stand my ground the capsules suck in the xmax v3 pro, and if ppl want to argue with me try a sesh back to back with and without capsules and report back

LesPlenty

Company Rep
capsules suck in the xmax v3 pro, and if ppl want to argue with me try a sesh back to back with and without capsules and report back
Not everyone is just looking for huge clouds and caching a bowl in 2 or 3 rips, with proper packing and draw technique I can accomplish both with the Xmax V3 Pro but, like you @thunderstealer1337, I am not a fan of capsules...in any vape and I detest bowl reducers. :2c:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Because it is conduction you really can't use an IR thermometer.
I suppose you meant "convection", isn't it?
I have been using one of my V3's with all but the top 3 holes on each side covered for the last week or 2 and quite like it, not as much as standard wide open but enough to keep one unit this way for the foreseeable future (until I find a better solution than masking tape or change the number of open holes).
Thank you for experimenting! Personnaly I prefer to use my fingers to be able to get the best of both worlds in a single hit (full open or restricted airflow). This is remind me the carb hole we had, in the past, in our homemade bamboo smoking bongs we made when we was just kids!
Using dosing caps with no problem.
Slow sipping draw, 375*f. After a while, the ABV is dark brown. Maybe 2 sessions of time.
I think mine runs hot.
David
Glad it works well for you!
You CAN use dosing caps and they work….
But I chase clouds with the fervor of a desperately seeking work meteorologist….

So they don’t work for ME lol
Everybody is different... and it's one of the best feature of life!

Medivapequeen

I believe you are right, it may be not the best investment concerning sales but it's always good to offer such options to the Xmax family! I'll try to push in this direction!

Oh yes, is the fitting as good as a single size adapter? Forgotten that type of multi size ground glass joints existed.

Wow, you bring it under xtrem conditions! Did it was still working as good as in a more tempered environment? I'm glad you appreciate the Xmax V3Pro, we'll consider to find a fix for the lid popping off in the pocket, thank you for sharing in a such beautifull view!

Hi, I'm very sorry about the issues you encountered. I read this post and the others you posted after. It looks like you was able to get slightly better results but not the ones you are looking for, is it right?
At this point, here my suppositions:
- unit works well but I noticed you are vaping CBD strains, from my understanding (I'm not so much used to CBD strains, I use that strains but only to blend with others flowers) this strains need high t° in order to release vapor, cause CBD need high temp to release and since they are usually a lot less resinous... I noticed "weak" flowers(without disrespect) to work a lot better in conduction based vaporizers (or hybrid like the ones you mentionned), convection vaping can't compensate the lack of resin by the heat soak, just some thoughts... I may be wrong.
- unit is faulty... sadly it may happens a dude is coming through QC, if you still have this feeling we'll take care of you, the Queen deserves to get a perfectly working vape!

Thank you for sharing your opinions and for trying to help. Yes the heater isn't as powerfull as the one you can find in such powerfull devices the TM or the GH are, but, considering that "small" heater, such performances are amazing! I noticed your wish to see a adjustable air flow and, I agree, it's a bit noisy. Is dramatic results means good results?

If you just block off the lower holes I can't see any issue, the idea behind this technic isn't to increase the t° (it's not possible btw) but to disminish the fresh air amount in your hits, you get less diluted hits, I see it like that!

Coming from you I consider a lot your nice words about the Xmax V3Pro, I know you aren't an easy guy to satisfy ;)

Yes, I noticed your concern and I understand it, we'll try to consider that in a potential future version/model.

Not too much I believe... but I'm not an engineer!

Thank you for your input, noticed!

Big post like usual ;), like you I doesn't use a lot the air inlets blocked off trick except when I had to vape in public (to reduce noise), it doesn't happen a lot actually...

Right, the idea behind this trick is to increase the vapor to air ratio in order to get thicker clouds.

I don't think it's a so common issue now and I think there is another reason behind the magnet's fall (not enough glue or iso) but I understand what you said and agree it might participate to the issue. In regards to the posts mentionning that issue here or in Reddit, there is no more peoples who had the issue... from my understanding.

Wow, what's a nice feedback! I agree water filtration brings the Xmax V3Pro on another level. Thank you for taking the plunge and for sharing how nice the water is!

I've managed to get the V3 working better yes the more I'm using it and learning the techniques and it's a great device for the price point there's nothing that beats it really. I don't vape CBD I vape traditional flower and legal strains. I'm finding it better through a small water piece now with 3 holes either side exposed seems to work best. It's a great device for sure and I'm excited to see what the V4 brings as it only needs a few tweaks imo that would make it absolutely fantastic. Overall though I'm enjoying the device and it's such an easy device to take out and about.

Top Bottom