Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

maremaresing

If an official dosing cap with mesh screen design is the only improvement I could see over the potv/fury caps. Even then, it might be worse. The potv caps fit like they were made for this, and work amazing.

Even better, dosing caps introduce a bit of draw restriction, which I find helpful. I'm never going back to just dumping herb in the oven.

Its been in the 40s where I am these past weeks, and the vape has spent it's time outside. Thus, the vape and dosing cap starts out extra cold. I've found doing a succession of puffs on the first hit gives nice vapor. But the hit after that is a world ender.

I'm able to get dark abv with this vape and dosing caps now that I understand it more.

For real, this vape is so nice. @PPN on the too smooth" complaint, please ask them to resolve this through a silicone skin like the starry. For me, the smooth rounded nature brings me endless enjoyment, and I loath the rubber coating some popular vapes get.

A silicone skin with a cap to keep smell and dirt out? That would be clutch for on the go. I'm just using a long drawstring pouch now.

Old_muel

Had mine about a week now & just wanted to say it definitely gets two thumbs up from me so far, won't go into too much detail but basically what everyone has said here seems about right - construction seems solid, liking the modular design of the mouthpiece & the magnetic lid is well executed & works really nicely plus it's a nice discrete design - very easy & simple to use, would be great for folks that aren't too technically-minded &/or don't like fucking around much - taste is great, maybe not quite as good as elev8r, probly about as good as tubo & hopper & better than vapcaps - built in cooling works brilliantly & it's a breeze to use natively - bowl size is perfect for me, quite small which I like so good for solo but can still share a bowl - pretty blown away by the battery life tbh, lots of sessions - cleaning is super easy, all comes apart & goes back together very easily.
Only negatives or areas to improve on I'd say would be - difficult to replace battery without tearing it's wrapper, doesn't really bother me much personally as I'll just charge it in there & don't need to swap but might others (does it loosen up over time anyone?) - the extremely short charging cable, jesus christ it's tiny lol not a big deal though - sometimes pressing the button in OD mode doesn't register first time so have to check the screen to make sure - temp could probably go up to 230c imo, does extract fairly fully at 220 (without stirring too), & to be fair you can't always tell by colour & I should chuck a spent bowl in the elev8r to see if there's anything left but feeling is it could go just a tad more.
So overall very impressive especially for the price, glad I grabbed it & wouldn't hesitate to recommend, it'll be getting a lot of use for sure. Cheers!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
But isn't there a session mode on this vape? What is going on in the bowl between hits during sesh mode?

Again, the session mode doesn't start heating the walls, it's still working the same way, you could get more radiant heat, and supposedly more conduction this way with a capsule, which is why you would be using higher temps, because it keeps cooling down the bowl when you hit it... Also in session mode you can't fully clear the hit, so there's always going to be residual vapor, but it's not conduction vapor, it's still pure convection on demand... I would not call this a hybrid vape at all, in the sense that there seems to be no conduction involved despite the small form factor... Could do the test of turning it on loaded and not hitting it to see how cooked it gets, but I don't feel like it lol

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Could do the test of turning it on loaded and not hitting it to see how cooked it gets, but I don't feel like it lol
Well I have Plenty!
ABV on the right (starting material to the left) started as a cold bowl, set temp to MAX temp for a full 6-minute sesh and left to cook with no puffs sitting in an upright position...looks like a little conduction is happening...no real surprise as heat rises. :myday:
1635216015654.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah not surprised, for that amount of time at that temp, particularly more so if the material is a full bowl pack? I guess the next test would be to then load it for an on-demand hit and see how many of those hits you get...? And to be clear I also have plenty, I just don't feel like testing that lol thanks!

Sativapo

Hi,
Just bought 2 for me and my wife. I really like it but it lacks some heat in the end for my taste. It would be nice if top green could make an update firmware to add 10-15 °C. V2 max temp was 230 for a reason I think.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well I have Plenty!
ABV on the right (starting material to the left) started as a cold bowl, set temp to MAX temp for a full 6-minute sesh and left to cook with no puffs sitting in an upright position...looks like a little conduction is happening...no real surprise as heat rises. :myday:
View attachment 13831

Isn’t the bowl stainless steel?

There’s almost always gonna be some conduction with a metal bowl.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I don't understand why this thread title is labeled as a pen vaporizer. It doesn't look like a pen, and it's a dry-herb vape...which is not a pen by definition as far as I am aware. Am I completely missing something?!?

I thought pen vapes used liquid cartridges by definition.

kokolokokolokon

They released two mouthpieces. The Glass adapter and the Glass mouthpiece.
You can see It on reddit.
Both have a maze like the normal one, but you can remove the Glass stem, wich is the same size as a fury2/Rogue stem/dynavap stems...
Nice move :o :rockon: 💸 l need one

Tweakz

Hi,
Just bought 2 for me and my wife. I really like it but it lacks some heat in the end for my taste. It would be nice if top green could make an update firmware to add 10-15 °C. V2 max temp was 230 for a reason I think.
I fully support your words.

@PPN , As soon as add a little maximum temperature in the new version, I'll buy it right away

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Looks like a few of these new adapters and other gear will be given away on Topgreens IG tomorrow, the message I just got...
we will have a Halloween giveaway on XMAX official IG @xmaxvaporzier tomorrow and the prizes will include the accessories. Hope someone can be luck to get it.
So IG peeps jump on. :cheers:

maremaresing

Agreed on the 230 max. I would buy another day one with this feature. But I'm also super happy with mine.

Those adapters are perfect!!!! Everything I wanted and more. I'm buying both ASAP even though I'm quite happy with the stock mp. Nice to have options for my favorite vape though since I love modding and swapping parts around. I have some ideas to bore out one of those plastic parts for something cool...

Petetbay

View attachment 13833

Looking good ! Also that silver model looks awesome ,@PPN will there be matching adapters for the silver ?
The straight glass mp was a big surprise, but I think you should just get bong adapter and replace the bong adapter glass with your glass of choice when you want.
ie
4B30477D-6862-49F2-9172-00CC6A8EB63B.jpeg1B7835D1-D760-4788-BE29-0985D30BAD23.jpeg28BFDDB2-7C49-47E7-A9CF-CC4569B016AD.jpeg

Don’t know if you caught the Troy/Jerry show on the V3. They do some comparisons with the One/Fury2, V2, and Fog Pro. I‘m quite interested in the Fog Pro and they might do a show on it.

V2 highest temp 220C or 428F.

Jerry mentions that he had a beta V3 and told them it was too hot and liked the changes they made for temp in the firmware. I don’t think you’ll see higher max temp or increased bowl size, another device would have to be created, much like how the Healthy Rips line developed. This is the 1st of the Xmax/Xvape devices I ever had that doesn’t get too hot to hold ie Ace, Starry, V2Pro requiring a silicone glove. I think they’re going in the right direction and PPN’s advice to use better quality components looking good. And they’re still on the removable battery design, which I wish more manufacturers would do.

Sorry for bad grammar, English was the class I slept most, next to History.

Last edited:

maremaresing

Wow @Petetbay I literally had no idea you weren't an English native speaker.

Im getting both and will just maybe mod the one with the straight glass for other things.

Really cool to hear how xmax took the feedback to lower the temp, but I question why. If someone can't stand the heat they can lower the temperature. Ruining higher temps for those that can take the heat is kinda a jerk move and shortsighted.

As it is, my v3pro never leaves 220c. I don't mind it as a single temp device, but higher temps would be helpful for quick extraction or dryer material that doesn't vape so well.

The fact that people talk about blocking the intake or slow draws shows the device is hamstrung.

Petetbay

Wow @Petetbay I literally had no idea you weren't an English native speaker.
I speak ok just can’t write it, need to proofread repeatedly. :bang:
Really cool to hear how xmax took the feedback to lower the temp, but I question why. If someone can't stand the heat they can lower the temperature. Ruining higher temps for those that can take the heat is kinda a jerk move and shortsighted.
Said before, V3 is suppose to be a low cost and easy to use device and not a hot rod. I think temp control was to keep it from blackening or combusting the herb as it is now that’s impossible.

Restricting air flow like I do is to get more heat thru the bowl and secondary to get a draw more like a cig/joint. I was into ecig devices for a while to get off cigs and was always modding to get a cig draw and the other thing was I don’t like a battery powered device so close to my face and I do this with all my battery herb/concentrate devices. Need to be 6 inches or more away and with the concentates I like to see what’s going on. Eyesight not the greatest still got one cataract to take care of.

Last edited:

Petetbay

@Petetbay I dont find it such a big surprise cause the glass mp/adapter on the xmax v2 shares the same philosophy , View attachment 13841
Yeah their old line of vapes all have the same and I would think Xmax/Xvape like providing them to the retailers as they make more on the accessories and not everyone needs wpa, glass is nice. For me I already have the glass tubes so need only wpa. The wpa mount used is nice I hope it works like the HR accessory mount system.
I wonder if my V2Pro bubbler will fit the new wpa.

Last edited:
Top Bottom