Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Oh that could be good for cooling actually, so you don't have the hot flow directly into your throat!

I think they choosed that "angled" vaporpath to add length and turbulences,
It is more than just angled, there is a labyrinth of ceramic for the vapor to get through, vapor is smoothly cool and very tasty...Ghost like if sprinkle packed without all the drama of the Ghost,
1628482068625.jpg
es a WPA is in the books but it's not for real at the moment,
The Fury2 oven is the same diameter as the V3PRO,
1628492102513.jpg

It works just fine but like on the F2, it is a bit restrictive with the glass filter in the WPA. I have got some diamond drill bits so I might bore it out to take a basket mesh screen instead.
This ABV was made over the 6 min sesh, 2x10 to 15 second puffs at 220c on each F2 bowl on a rattlecan bong (no stirring as I do not do that unless I feel I have to, I did not need to here) and I am spinning and I lost count of how many bowls in the 6 min timed sesh :smug:.
Pretty even ABV for no stirring,
1628498524646.jpg

I used up a full charge of a LG HG2 at 220c before first use while I charged the battery that came with the unit (not sure how good the battery is as it has a fairly high resistance on my Nitecore compared to Sony and LG examples but I will cycle it a few times and report my mah capacity and resistance).
I will say I also trimmed a fine mesh screen for the bottom of my oven before first use just to keep things cleaner.
Now @PPN where is a discount code as I know I want another already. :clap:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Can it fit Solo or Argo stems?
That is a NO for the Solo as I have Arizer Air stems, don't know about the Argo.
Have found any way to clean under the oven screen?
I was not sure if the 'hole stamped plate' at the bottom of the Stainless steel oven is removable so I just inserted a fine mesh screen on top of it to help keep it clean to start with...like most vapes try not to blow back through the units to stop reclaim vapor buildup to start with, my Fury2 clogged this way from replacing the carb cap on my cleisen adapter...all those little puffs added up to choke my unit so much I had to use 100% ISO to flush it clear...a last resort but I have now performed the cleaning on that unit a few times with no ill effects.
Does the mouthpiece stay firmly in place with magnets?
They do, the mouthpiece actually slots into the main unit by the stir tab so very secure but still very easy to remove/replace.

I have now cycled the battery a few times and the resistance has dropped to below my older Sony/LG batteries to 77 m/ohn(as described by my Nitecore charger) and I have managed to input 2389mAh into it. The ProV3 seems to cut off the battery at the start of a sesh rather than letting you get half sesh before dying so I have not run it dead flat to get the full mAh reading... let's just say it meets spec at least. That said, I managed 11x6 minute sessions at temps from 175C to max 220C so the battery will last most people a day but that is no problem if you do more due to the quick swap magnet catch battery. I would recommend leaving the battery in the unit and to charge it that way as the tight battery spring may wear the 18650 wrap off the battery fairly quickly if you are not careful when replacing/remounting it.:2c:

I will also recommend to just sprinkle herb into the oven and tap the unit lightly with a finger to settle the herb into the oven, do not tamp it at all if you want to get vapor on the first pull...10seconds at least if you want vapor on the first pull then 5+ second draws after that will get you clouds even at 175C (347f). The unit is a bit like the Plenty in that the 3rd pull done in fairly quick succession is usually the monster that can sneak up on you as the vapor is so cool...be careful, you have been warned.:brow:

maremaresing

It will, and they specifically warn against that. VLEAF GO is the same situation, as well as those brushes every other vape comes with. Gotta be careful. Fortunately, a convection vape like this can be stirred when cold before hitting for best results, so it might not come up.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If my stoned ass goes to debowl when it’s hot, might that not melt the plastic to the oven?
I used mine when I first got the unit to stir/mash after each sesh without melting before giving up on stirring (pack less, pull harder/longer) and it still looks like new, that said, you need to make a de-bowler with a golf tee like mine above to save your ABV or buy a de-bowler if you are not a tight arse like me!
I would not worry about melting the tab too much if you do use it as it does not stay in contact with the oven very long and the oven does not get as hot as some conduction vapes to melt it to start with...I have not managed to burn myself even when poking my little finger in the oven after using to see how hot it gets (luckily I cannot get much of my pinky in there I suppose)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I went to max temp (220c) on a bong and really ripped on a light bowl...twice and that came out very dark. If I had kept going I think it may have turned the ABV black so more than enough power for vaporizing, any more would be combusting.:2c:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, thank you for all the interest everybody shown about the new V3Pro by X-Max Vaporizers!

Here a short clip of the V3Pro, let me know if you can watch it:

I'm very sorry but I don't have the time now to reply to the questions but will do it later, summer means a lot of work for my main job!

Have fun!

Special edit for @LesPlenty : Thank you for sharing your experience, you rock!

jungpunk420

Hi, thank you for all the interest everybody shown about the new V3Pro by X-Max Vaporizers!

Here a short clip of the V3Pro, let me know if you can watch it:

I'm very sorry but I don't have the time now to reply to the questions but will do it later, summer means a lot of work for my main job!

Have fun!

Special edit for @LesPlenty : Thank you for sharing your experience, you rock!
It looks like a cool little unit AND they sell them in Canada! Next payday!
Cheers and stay safe!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have found the ProV3 works quite well with tiny loads too much to my surprise.
I just tried to load 0.020 but a tiny second pinch tipped the scales at 0.030, I did not think it would work very well but put the unit into 'On Demand' mode at 200c, pressed the button, and waited the same amount of time as 'Session' mode for it to heat up and took a long slow 10-second draw to be greeted with a fairly big cloud, quite a bit more than expected followed by another 5-second draw for nearly as big a cloud then one more 5 seconds go to make sure I was done. I think the herb pulled up against the mouthpiece filter and that was why I got a nice even roast,
1628937382511.jpg
Scales say 0.014 ABV but I just found a bit stuck to the mouthpiece filter that did not get weighed so more like 0.018 abv left from 0.030. I could have bumped up the temp and gone again without a hint of combustion (220c on the bong was pretty dark).
I have been running the V3 as my daily driver since I got it (sorry Ed) and still have not had to disassemble and clean it...just the S&B brush after each use...pretty impressed, this is what the jank S&B skinny pretended it was going to be but better...ceramic instead of the plastic cooling unit and a stainless steel oven...I am now looking for discount codes as I need a spare or 2 for friends... :cheers:

RxPlorer

@LesPlenty how many loads are you seeing per battery? Also curious how warm the body gets during back to back sessions. I’m tempted see how this compares to the TM as an on-the-go DD.

edit: found your battery comments. tY!

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@LesPlenty how many loads are you seeing per battery? Also curious how warm the body gets during back to back sessions. I’m tempted see how this compares to the TM as an on-the-go DD.

That said, I managed 11x6 minute sessions at temps from 175C to max 220C so the battery will last most people a day but that is no problem if you do more due to the quick swap magnet catch battery. I would recommend leaving the battery in the unit and to charge it that way as the tight battery spring may wear the 18650 wrap off the battery fairly quickly if you are not careful when replacing/remounting it.:2c:
The unit gets warm, nicely warm...would be great as a hand warmer on a cold golfing morning as it does not get 'Hot'.
I will say the 'On Demand' is more of a pain than just session mode...3 clicks for on/off is easier than holding down the button for sure!

im not a robot

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Oh yeah I love that. You'll get a bit of reclaim buildup there, but it's still easy to clean. Should do a lot of work cooling, which is something I worry about with short airpath convection vapes.

Still can't find a single shop who carries it in the USA :(
Yes cooling is impressive, very smooth vapor indeed!
Call me interested. Is this what we have being asking @PPN for?
Thank you for your interest my O'friend... I think that's exactly what you asked for: a full convection vaporizer with on-demand mode and affordable for sure!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It is more than just angled, there is a labyrinth of ceramic for the vapor to get through, vapor is smoothly cool and very tasty...Ghost like if sprinkle packed without all the drama of the Ghost,
View attachment 11324

The Fury2 oven is the same diameter as the V3PRO,
View attachment 11325

It works just fine but like on the F2, it is a bit restrictive with the glass filter in the WPA. I have got some diamond drill bits so I might bore it out to take a basket mesh screen instead.
This ABV was made over the 6 min sesh, 2x10 to 15 second puffs at 220c on each F2 bowl on a rattlecan bong (no stirring as I do not do that unless I feel I have to, I did not need to here) and I am spinning and I lost count of how many bowls in the 6 min timed sesh :smug:.
Pretty even ABV for no stirring,
View attachment 11330

I used up a full charge of a LG HG2 at 220c before first use while I charged the battery that came with the unit (not sure how good the battery is as it has a fairly high resistance on my Nitecore compared to Sony and LG examples but I will cycle it a few times and report my mah capacity and resistance).
I will say I also trimmed a fine mesh screen for the bottom of my oven before first use just to keep things cleaner.
Now @PPN where is a discount code as I know I want another already. :clap:
Thank you for the deep review, i'm very pleased you appreciate it and thank you so much for sharing so much about your V3Pro. I agree about the loosy load and not packed, glad you noticed how smooth and tasty it is. It's a coincidence if the Fury2 wpa fits well, can't wait to see the incoming dedicaced wpa our engineers are preparing.
Thanks for the details @LesPlenty ! That vapor maze in the mouthpiece is more than I expected for sure. The fact that it fits a simple WPA like that is awesome. Good on you for trying things to see what fits.
The vapor cooler and clean vaporpath is making the V3Pro so smooth...
Wow this vape ticks all my boxes for an out and about unit. How is it´s autonomy? Can it fit Solo or Argo stems?
Thank you for interest, the battery last longer than i expected in a such full convection vaporizer, it's difficult to say about autonomy but I would say you are good to go for 6-8 bowls, maybe more if you rip them using on-demand mode only.
Does the mouthpiece stay firmly in place with magnets? Have found any way to clean under the oven screen? Thanks for the pics and info on the mouthpice cooling!
Yes it does, magnets are strong enough. No there is no ways to clean under the oven screen, it's a feature we offer with the Ace but it's not available for the V3Pro.
Little worried that the plastic cap is also the scraper for the oven. If my stoned ass goes to debowl when it’s hot, might that not melt the plastic to the oven?
Since it's full convection the bowl doesn't stay hot for long after a hit... so it's not a concern with some care, imho.
It will, and they specifically warn against that. VLEAF GO is the same situation, as well as those brushes every other vape comes with. Gotta be careful. Fortunately, a convection vape like this can be stirred when cold before hitting for best results, so it might not come up.
You got it, as I said also, the bowl remains to be not hot enough to melt the scrapper if you just wait a little bit before to stir.
Hi
How hot can it get in convection mode ? Can you get a " flirt with combustion" dark brown abv ?
Yes you can get a full extraction with dark brown abv although you don't flirt with combustion (it's not blackened)
I went to max temp (220c) on a bong and really ripped on a light bowl...twice and that came out very dark. If I had kept going I think it may have turned the ABV black so more than enough power for vaporizing, any more would be combusting.:2c:
Exactly my thoughts:tup:
It looks like a cool little unit AND they sell them in Canada! Next payday!
Cheers and stay safe!
Please, let us to know your experience with the V3Pro... when your next payday happen.
I have found the ProV3 works quite well with tiny loads too much to my surprise.
I just tried to load 0.020 but a tiny second pinch tipped the scales at 0.030, I did not think it would work very well but put the unit into 'On Demand' mode at 200c, pressed the button, and waited the same amount of time as 'Session' mode for it to heat up and took a long slow 10-second draw to be greeted with a fairly big cloud, quite a bit more than expected followed by another 5-second draw for nearly as big a cloud then one more 5 seconds go to make sure I was done. I think the herb pulled up against the mouthpiece filter and that was why I got a nice even roast,
View attachment 11528
Scales say 0.014 ABV but I just found a bit stuck to the mouthpiece filter that did not get weighed so more like 0.018 abv left from 0.030. I could have bumped up the temp and gone again without a hint of combustion (220c on the bong was pretty dark).
I have been running the V3 as my daily driver since I got it (sorry Ed) and still have not had to disassemble and clean it...just the S&B brush after each use...pretty impressed, this is what the jank S&B skinny pretended it was going to be but better...ceramic instead of the plastic cooling unit and a stainless steel oven...I am now looking for discount codes as I need a spare or 2 for friends... :cheers:
Awesome tests! I'll test your microdosing right after this post, can't say how much I appreciate your pictures and posts, impressed!
A nice FC discount would be tempting.
I'm sorry my friend but since we don't sell our vaporizers directly to final customers I can't help you, try to ask to the retailers.

As I said previously the battery life is impressive for a such 2600mah battery and full convection unit, 6-8 bowls, maybe more if you use the @LesPlenty microdosing idea!

Thank you to everybody for the interest in our V3Pro, it's a device we expected to release since a long time but Corona mess delayed things. Feel free to ask anything about the device and/or to share your feedback or opinions. Have fun!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
can't wait to see the incoming dedicaced wpa our engineers are preparing.
Sounds great as the Fury2 original WPA that I used above really reduces the oven size and causes a bit of restriction due to that.
A full size oven with a WPA would get great to fix these problems...as long as however the wpa is attached holds tight (not like the Boundless Tera first attempted WPA with magnets...a mess maker but I started at the V3 and those problems were already fixed!).

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Sounds great as the Fury2 original WPA that I used above really reduces the oven size and causes a bit of restriction due to that.
A full size oven with a WPA would get great to fix these problems...as long as however the wpa is attached holds tight (not like the Boundless Tera first attempted WPA with magnets...a mess maker but I started at the V3 and those problems were already fixed!).
Since the built-in scraper I believe the wpa will be attached holds tight... even using magnets. Although I don't know at all which direction will be choosed (magnets or something else), we will have the reply soon enough.

b0

Cloudy...
This unit seems really interesting, especially like the airpath addition. Been waiting for a small vape like this with a cooling mp, loved my V-leaf go at first but it's too harsh for my sick lungs.

How smooth is the vapor of this device compared to a Crafty? Crafty has become my standard for seshing when out and about and sharing with friends.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
How smooth is the vapor of this device compared to a Crafty?
Very different, if the Crafty is similar to a Mighty...I would say the ProV3 is more similar to a Plenty but without the, so-called pitfalls like a huge bowl in the Plenty.
I would say from your signature a X-Max ProV3 would compliment your collection well @b0.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Where does one purchase one of these (USA)?
Only US$50 on DHGate...but you have to buy 20!
Also on Alibaba...min 2 and dearer,

In Canada cheap,

Seeing them on the Gate and Alibaba like that, I would say some US retailers will stock them soon!

LesPlenty,
Reactions: PPN
Top Bottom