• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

X-Max Ace Vaporizer by TopGreen

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The Ecapple has been the portable o choice since 2016 but has had it's time in the sun, so av got an Ace on the way as it's replacement, 18650 is a must in a portable fir me for ease of use, thank you all, it's been an interestin read
I'll let yi know how a get on with it
Glad to know you took the plunge, Let us to know your feedback and, please, don't hesitate to ask me anything about the Ace, here or by pm. Feel free to consult our SubReddit: r/XmaxVape it's an interesting ressource but you'll find more infos in this thread in FC, users (like @lookhigh :wave: ) are sharing a lot and are going deeper in testing, questionning, thinking than any other place concerning vaporizers, a perpetual movement of brain&vapestorming !!

serialtoker

Still here Still
This place is the only place a would consult wi regard to vaporizers of this type, or any type to be honest, some very knowledgable peeps on here, first time av been back in 3 yrs (ma humble apologies) I didnae need help wi what av got and av moved house since a was last here, that's ma excuse and am stickin tae it :peace:
Thanks for the info PPN, al report back as n when ✌️

serialtoker

Still here Still
So it arrived today, in carbon, including a black silicone sleeve inside the box,2nd batch? took 11 burn offs and two (the samsung it came with and a vtc6) 18650's before the smell disappeared, however when I checked the airpath to see if it was sealed I found it was not sealed, if I put a finger over the intake I can still draw through the MP with ease, seems the top cap isn't sealing correctly, if I place a finger down either side of the top cap it improves dramatically although not totally, av just had the one session so far to see what it was like, it was tasty enough and did what was required with the finger adjustment, the unit itself is nice in the hand and looks great with or without the sleeve, I like it so far, but al double check the unit to make sure it's not a seating/seal/o ring issue later on this evenin and report back as n when,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
So it arrived today, in carbon, including a black silicone sleeve inside the box,2nd batch? took 11 burn offs and two (the samsung it came with and a vtc6) 18650's before the smell disappeared, however when I checked the airpath to see if it was sealed I found it was not sealed, if I put a finger over the intake I can still draw through the MP with ease, seems the top cap isn't sealing correctly, if I place a finger down either side of the top cap it improves dramatically although not totally, av just had the one session so far to see what it was like, it was tasty enough and did what was required with the finger adjustment, the unit itself is nice in the hand and looks great with or without the sleeve, I like it so far, but al double check the unit to make sure it's not a seating/seal/o ring issue later on this evenin and report back as n when,
I agree with you, it's annoying to be unable to check the isolated airpath, it's something I mentionned to the engineers. From my understanding it's more a design issue than a true flaw, airpath is isolated, just not 100% airproof especially cause the spring loaded system for the quick unloading feature and the first batch top lids wasn't sitting as tight as needed..
I can say our engineers understood the lesson, our next devices will be isolated and 100% airproof ... a finger will close ALL the airflow! Our previous units like the Starry are isolated from electronics also but it's not something the user can check clogging a hole with a finger, but it's isolated (look at the PuffItUp Starry's tear-down). User wants to be able to check our claims (without to dismantle the device :lol:), so it will be!

I'm glad you appreciated the unit despite this issue (not really an issue but you can't check the isolated airpath), feel free to share the worst.... and the best! I appreciate you balanced opinion, this is the sign of a smart mind. Have fun!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
That is welcomed news that they have adjusted future designs. I never really did get along with this unit unless I taped the seam shut with electrical tape.

serialtoker

Still here Still
I have a new and an original unit, neither seal completely but the newest at least feels and sounds a little bit restricted when the bottom airport is covered. :2c:

I agree with you, it's annoying to be unable to check the isolated airpath, it's something I mentionned to the engineers. From my understanding it's more a design issue than a true flaw, airpath is isolated, just not 100% airproof especially cause the spring loaded system for the quick unloading feature and the first batch top lids wasn't sitting as tight as needed..
I can say our engineers understood the lesson, our next devices will be isolated and 100% airproof ... a finger will close ALL the airflow! Our previous units like the Starry are isolated from electronics also but it's not something the user can check clogging a hole with a finger, but it's isolated (look at the PuffItUp Starry's tear-down). User wants to be able to check our claims (without to dismantle the device :lol:), so it will be!

I'm glad you appreciated the unit despite this issue (not really an issue but you can't check the isolated airpath), feel free to share the worst.... and the best! I appreciate you balanced opinion, this is the sign of a smart mind. Have fun!
Cheers gentlemen, further info is the sleeve certainly reduces the amount of air ingress from the top cap to an acceptable level if a slide it up a bit to cover the seam between the two parts, and a find I can hold it with thumb and fore finger either side which helps further, as always with a new device sometimes it needs a wee change in technique on ma part, so this is a sipper fir me, more like MTL as opposed to DL, and very reasonable flavour wise at lower temps, no a lot o visible vapour by the end o a 385f 5 min sesh but yi can still taste it, bumped it up to 420f and had visible vapour for the first 2 or 3 mins until I finished it off, heats through the entire chamber quite evenly, the loads come out with ease and fairly uniform colour, am satisfied that it will fulfil it's task as is, it's no somethin that'll be used every day only as n when required when am oot in more remote areas for a weekend enjoyin the recreation, it feels solid built, it's small, looks like a wee 510 mod in the hand only the MP is visible and you can twist that down so it's fairly discreet if your no in close company, loadin/ejecting the chamber is easy, as is cleanin the chamber and top, I like the concave top for ease of loadin, gettin it properly sealed (airtight) would make a big difference, it's a wait n see how the magnet seal top cap holds up with time and use, overall am quite content wi the purchase so far, it's early day's as yit but al report back if anythin untoward occurs, I appreciate aw the input from you all, it's only fair a stick some in masel :lol:

oggyg

Hey guys! I've been keeping an eye on Ace in my shopping cart as it seems like the perfect vape for me, however from reading discussions I can't really 'get' the impact of this possible air leak problem. I use my vapes quite intensively as I also enjoy to vape some fresh MacBaren tabacco and I like to really know what I'm getting if I'm buying it. How would you go about this if you haven't yet bought Ace, wait for the next Gen model or go with what is? Thank you! ;)

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi @oggyg , that issue isn't that much an issue now! The first batch units wasn't air proof but the others batches fixed that issue. It looks like some units with issues was going through QC although we already improved this step.. You can buy with confidence. Let us to know how you like it, you can post here or in our X-Max subReddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/XmaxVape/
Thank you for the interest!

PPN,
Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted but I'm still alive and kicking although the first dose of Pfizer back in April nearly did me in! I had an anaphylactic reaction to the vaccine within minutes but a quick thinking doctor and two jabs of adrenaline brought me back from the brink. I had some weird neurological issues for the next month, so I had to take extended break from the green. :cry:

Anyway, I decided that it was time to get reacquainted with the herb in June and I re-read this thread from the beginning to get myself in the right frame of mind. :D I did a deep clean of the Ace and also decided to leave off the mesh screen underneath the ceramic filter. I really packed the herb down and put a smoke screen on top of the load to keep things from getting too messy. Holy smokes! It seems like I've finally cracked the code and got great results with the Ace and managed to keep getting continuous big clouds. :nod: I went from 175-200C without having to stir things up and the Ace really delivered. It was a lot of fun and the best results that I've had so far.

Now, I've got a few questions about 18650 batteries that hopefully PPN or someone else can answer. My Ace was a box unit and came with a Samsung 26 JM (2600 mAh with a 5.2 continuous discharge rating). Is this the battery that TopGreen recommends because I've noticed that many websites sell the Ace without any battery included? The Ace tends to get hot as many of you have noted and so does my battery which concerns me.

Would it better to use the Samsung 25 R which is 2500 mAh but the discharge is much higher at 20A? This comes either as a flat top or a button top battery which also protects it from overheating or is the button top too big to fit in the Ace? Another interesting battery is the Sony/Murata 2600 mAh which comes in two versions: one with a continuous discharge rating of 20A and the other at 25A.

The Ace gets pretty hot over time, especially when I take long sips or hit it hard and so does the battery (it seemed a bit too hot when I touched the other day). My main concern is battery safety and keeping the battery cool. Do higher discharge ratings mean that the battery can handle heat and quick bursts of energy better? I have no idea how much power the Ace uses when taking a hit and don't know enough about battery chemistry to decide which battery types are the best for this unit. :hmm:

It'd be great if PPN could ask TG about this and I'd really appreciate any feedback from the rest of you that know something about batteries and safety. 🙂

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I use VT6 or LG HG2 as they are 3000mAh, I did multiple back-to-back runs in concentrate mode at 260c until the battery was flat, the unit could hardly be held it was so hot...the batteries were and are still fine.

I use VT6 or LG HG2 as they are 3000mAh, I did multiple back-to-back runs in concentrate mode at 260c until the battery was flat, the unit could hardly be held it was so hot...the batteries were and are still fine.
Thx for your input! It's good to know that the batteries could take that kind of heat! 🥵 Did they get super hot? I'm really becoming OCD about this stuff and it's starting to detract from my sessions because the Ace gets so hot and I recall those scary stories from the news...:(

According to the Ace's user manual, it's written that the charging voltage/current is 5V/1A and that the working voltage is 3.3-4.2V but there's nothing written about the device's CDR or using batteries higher than 2600mAh. It's conduction so I guess it doesn't drain batteries as much as convection vapes do. To my mind, having a higher CDR such as 20-30 would allow more of a buffer in cause of a sudden surge/pulse of energy... It would be great if PPN could comment on this. :)

Another thing which I've been reading a lot about is how rampant counterfeit 18650 batteries are on the market and how some unscrupulous vendors buy inferior cells and rewrap them as LG, Panasonic Samsung, Sony and company. It also seems that reputable dealers also unknowingly buy cells that aren't authentic any sell them on to end consumers.

After reading the above stories on "how to identify a fake battery" links, I decided to inspect the Samsung 26 JM that came with my Ace. I noticed that the fonts on my Samsung battery appear lighter and they don't seem as even as the original ones in the photo below. Even more worrying is the date code on my battery.

According to the "Health Cabin" article, Section B (Manufacture Date code or serial number) describes how to check if you have a genuine battery or a counterfeit one and it seems the Samsung that came with my Ace isn't genuine--the date code on mine is TJX5 which according to the article is impossible as the code number is completely wrong.

Authentic Samsung 26 JM photo

https://lygte-info.dk/pic/Batteries2012/Samsung ICR18650-26J 2600mAh (Pink)/DSC_4228.jpg

The final digit, in this case 4, indicates that it was manufactured in the 4th week of the month of August designated by W, whereas mine was TJX5 and I don't recall a month that has five weeks.:hmm:

Sorry that this post got so long but there was a lot to cover about what batteries can be used with the Ace as well as potential counterfeit cells. It would be great if PPN or others could comment on this.

fifty_shades_of_green,
Reactions: PPN

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I am afraid I did not bother using the original batteries that came with my units, I like the extra capacity (confirmed with a good quality charger) of my Sony and LG batteries that I got from a decent seller...might cost a dollar or 2 more but why bother worrying about counterfeits when pretty cheap anyway. :2c:
I will add the ones that came with the unit were at the capacity they were supposed to be and had quite low resistance from memory so will be more than OK.

If we are going to be technical all months other than Feb in a leap year have a fifth week. It's just not a full week. Sorry, couldn't help making the irrelevant unhelpful correction (this is the internet). :)
Yeah, that thought actually crossed my mind too at first. 😆 Who knows, maybe Samsung uses that system for keeping track of batteries made in a leap year but mine was supposedly manufactured in 2019 (not a leap year). :cry: Having said that, I've seen photos of other Samsung batteries on the Net ending with a 5, so either there are a lot of fakes ending in 5 out there, or the final 5 really is a special week. :hmm: It'd be great if someone in the know could confirm this--it's worrying that fake batteries are so rampant and could be shipped with the Ace...

I've been really going down the battery "rabbit hole" lately. There's a great thread on FC about 18650 battery safety and advice that I've been following lately but you might not be the same once you begin reading it. :D

fifty_shades_of_green,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Just buy from a reputable seller, it is in their best interest to spot fakes and not sell them to you and I would say they are better than most at spotting such fakes.
Also for peace of mind get a decent charger that tells you what is happening to the batteries you charge, I use a SC4 Nitecore to keep check of my 18650s health.

Also for peace of mind get a decent charger that tells you what is happening to the batteries you charge, I use a SC4 Nitecore to keep check of my 18650s health.
Thanks for your suggestion. I'm thinking about getting an XTAR VC4 charger but will have a look at Nitecore too. I guess both are reliable and safe chargers but will have to do a bit of comparison. :)

fifty_shades_of_green,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, @fifty_shades_of_green , sorry to be late to the party but I was pretty busy last few days. About batteries, don't be afraid, most batteries you canuse will work with the Ace, conduction based vaporizers don't need high discharge rate battery ALTHOUGH you are right by choosing a higher discharge rate battery will remains less hot when pushed down, flat top.

I'm very glad you are so much pleased with your Ace, enjoy the device and the resinous flowers, you can use something made from stainless steel, ceramic or glass to disminish the bowl size (you place it under the load) Enjoy the flowers (or tobacco leaves) with your Ace!

Hi, @fifty_shades_of_green , sorry to be late to the party but I was pretty busy last few days. About batteries, don't be afraid, most batteries you canuse will work with the Ace, conduction based vaporizers don't need high discharge rate battery ALTHOUGH you are right by choosing a higher discharge rate battery will remains less hot when pushed down, flat top.
Thx for you reply, PPN. Sorry for being so OCD about batteries but do the guys at TG recommend any specific battery type/brand? Is it okay to use batteries with a capacity of 2800/3000/3500 mAh? I read on another thread (Davinci IQ, I think) awhile ago that the company recommends one specific battery with their vape because it gives the best results. I'd love to hear if the TG team could also make a similar recommendation.:D Btw, does the Ace have a "built-in protection system" to automatically shut down if the battery is defective?
That was my first 18650 charger...until it stopped working, I like the build quality of the Nitecore better myself along with the flatter spring-loaded terminal posts that do not dent the battery like the blade-shaped contact posts can do on some chargers.
After spending way too much time micro analysing things, I ended up ordering an XTAR VP4C today. I also ordered some Sony / Murata US18650VTC5 2600mAh batteries that have a 30A CDR.

I was considering getting a Nitecore, Opus and a few other chargers and driving myself a bit crazy in the process but finally opted for the XTAR mainly because the guy that I talked to was really helpful and said they get their chargers directly from XTAR, so at least I don't have to worry about getting a fake charger. :D I never realized that was even a problem until a few days ago. :doh:

Anyway, my order is on the way and hopefully I'll be able to test the new charger and batteries out this weekend. :D

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thx for you reply, PPN. Sorry for being so OCD about batteries but do the guys at TG recommend any specific battery type/brand? Is it okay to use batteries with a capacity of 2800/3000/3500 mAh? I read on another thread (Davinci IQ, I think) awhile ago that the company recommends one specific battery with their vape because it gives the best results. I'd love to hear if the TG team could also make a similar recommendation.:D Btw, does the Ace have a "built-in protection system" to automatically shut down if the battery is defective?

After spending way too much time micro analysing things, I ended up ordering an XTAR VP4C today. I also ordered some Sony / Murata US18650VTC5 2600mAh batteries that have a 30A CDR.

I was considering getting a Nitecore, Opus and a few other chargers and driving myself a bit crazy in the process but finally opted for the XTAR mainly because the guy that I talked to was really helpful and said they get their chargers directly from XTAR, so at least I don't have to worry about getting a fake charger. :D I never realized that was even a problem until a few days ago. :doh:

Anyway, my order is on the way and hopefully I'll be able to test the new charger and batteries out this weekend. :D
Since they choosed to go with a Samsung battery I would say that brand to be the best but the Sony you ordered will do the trick but they will last as long as the stock battery since they are 2600mah also (like the stock Samsung 26j).
You know the Starry (our previous model) is/was very often re-branded (it's a service we offer) and, sometimes, the customer (for the re-brand custom order) requires another battery... that's why the Spirit (Starry's rebrand by Vapefiend) came with a samsung 25R (years ago) maybe now it comes with another though...

I want to add very specials thanks to @LesPlenty to contribute so much to our thread, thank you my friend!

Since they choosed to go with a Samsung battery I would say that brand to be the best but the Sony you ordered will do the trick but they will last as long as the stock battery since they are 2600mah also (like the stock Samsung 26j).
Thanks for the feedback and info about rebranding. Just curious about the higher capacity batteries such as 2800/3000/3500 mAh. Are they safe to use with the Ace or too powerful?

Top Bottom