Which Log??

yeswecann

Yeah the fact that they pull different voltage etc is just examples of how different they are, they are not really so comparable honestly, sure is complicated to get started learning about stuff these days with all the variety available for better and for worse!
Alan was kind enough to email some info on how it works. Basically, it's a function of the heater's resistance.
There is a way to compare vaporizers that use different input voltages, measure the heater wattage. The resistance of the heater determines how many watts it generates at a given voltage. The halo/atlas/zenith use heaters w/ a different heater resistance than the GTR. That is why the voltages are different. The GTR runs best at around 6.5 to 7 watts. The halo/atlas/zenith uses around 13 to 14 watts, even though it runs at a lower voltage. Since the GTR runs at half the watts, it can be housed within a wood body, so there is less chance of accidentally burning yourself.

condition

Fantastic thread. Most say that Woodscents is best for microdosing. That would be 0.05
My load is mostly around 0.1. How does cough log handles this load? It finishes it in one draw or depends on how you hard you draw and if sipping you can finish in three draws?
There is limited info about cough log. Not on this board but generally even on streaming sites. Even the maker's website is poor on info if you are not familiar with log vapes.

howie105

Fantastic thread. Most say that Woodscents is best for microdosing. That would be 0.05
My load is mostly around 0.1. How does cough log handles this load? It finishes it in one draw or depends on how you hard you draw and if sipping you can finish in three draws?
There is limited info about cough log. Not on this board but generally even on streaming sites. Even the maker's website is poor on info if you are not familiar with log vapes.
As a OG E-Nano user, I am very happy with its performance, good load placement with the moveable screen, compact size, preforms well with glass and years worth of service life. About small dosing, it is also about control as much as it is about load size. That's why I am currently running .06 g loads with a PID driven ELEV8R through a DIY adapter. Decent real time heater monitoring and control is one of its best features.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

In my mind that is just people obsessed with WS, I find it unfathomable that it could be any better at microdosing than another log honestly... Even though the couch log is a different type of log, it absolutely can handle those tiny loads, it has the 14 mm injector bowl which is already better for smaller loads compared to an 18 mm but again you just need to load enough to cover the screen, perhaps not even, to get a full extraction of a tiny amount at the right power setting... Yeah most of the info about it is in the threads here and that much can be gleaned from them for sure! CL probably more versatile

Yeah this is what I'm saying, all the logs are great microsers, and my favorite is still the heat island for the care of the craft and the lowest possible price (unless you're going waitlist full fancy custom of course):
As a OG E-Nano user, I am very happy with its performance, good load placement with the moveable screen, compact size, preforms well with glass and years worth of service life. About small dosing, it is also about control as much as it is about load size. That's why I am currently running .06 g loads with a PID driven ELEV8R through a DIY adapter. Decent real time heater monitoring and control is one of its best features.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Lol "cough log". (Not teasing, it's just a funny typo. I don't usually cough when I vape, but I think that name is fantastic.)

As @Shit Snacks points out, all logs are pretty great for microdosing. The CouchLog can finish 0.10g in one hit, but it doesn't have to. I would say I usually get 3-5 hits off that amount, especially with a direct-draw stem. I like that the CL is versatile enough to handle both, but I know some people just prefer other logs. On the CL thread, it is clear that some people just like to rip really hard and I think that's not ideal for this vape. A long, slow draw is best.

I love my other logs, but CL and WS are unique, for opposite reasons. I can't imagine someone using a WS as their first log because it is so weird (in a good way). However most WS users have that as their first log.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
love my other logs, but CL and WS are unique, for opposite reasons. I can't imagine someone using a WS as their first log because it is so weird (in a good way). However most WS users have that as their first log.

Damn it so I still have to try a WS someday is what you're saying haha I just can't imagine what is so weird (or rather special) about it, dynavap compatibility and titanium??

Razhumikin

Lol "cough log". (Not teasing, it's just a funny typo. I don't usually cough when I vape, but I think that name is fantastic.)

As @Shit Snacks points out, all logs are pretty great for microdosing. The CouchLog can finish 0.10g in one hit, but it doesn't have to. I would say I usually get 3-5 hits off that amount, especially with a direct-draw stem. I like that the CL is versatile enough to handle both, but I know some people just prefer other logs. On the CL thread, it is clear that some people just like to rip really hard and I think that's not ideal for this vape. A long, slow draw is best.

I love my other logs, but CL and WS are unique, for opposite reasons. I can't imagine someone using a WS as their first log because it is so weird (in a good way). However most WS users have that as their first log.
Yea id love a breakdown from you on ws vs other logs. Dont have a ws, the draw restriction really turned me off, but im curiois t hear your thoughts.

GoldenBud

I used the WS with the lamart wooden stem + Stainless DV tip + spikey insert and it wasn't too closed for a guy which Dynavap Ti tip WAS his DD. it's fine, for me. but less open than UD/HI

it tastes slightly better than UD/HI because of the Titanium cover, it tastes as good as the TUBO/ELEV8R TBH

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Damn it so I still have to try a WS someday is what you're saying haha I just can't imagine what is so weird (or rather special) about it, dynavap compatibility and titanium??

Yea id love a breakdown from you on ws vs other logs. Dont have a ws, the draw restriction really turned me off, but im curiois t hear your thoughts.

The restricted draw is absolutely a part of the weirdness. It's the most restricted vape I own and I really feel it on glass. As you probably know, it's nothing like a vapcap, just uses the tip (and I actually prefer the new tip over the DV Ti tip). I'm not really a fan of the vapcaps, as I find them bland mostly and the ritual is better captured by other vapes. The net effect of the tight draw and the Ti bowl makes for a very full, surprisingly tasty cloud of vapor. It absolutely fills my largest glass pieces but it doesn't act like a heavy hitter. I don't know that I would recommend it but it is pretty unique. I love it but I really had to learn it on its own terms.

My HI is probably the most "comfortable" log that I own. It supports a natural draw and just basically acts like a perfect log. it also feels like a natural experience. The WS breaks every rule that the HI follows. :-) I'd say my UDs are similar to this and unlike the WS in this way.

Like I said before, CL is unique too. It's fits me like a glove. I can crush a bowl as easily as my FP or I can sip on it at low temps in a long session. It's versatility actually makes it irreplaceable in my collection, like the TM. The WS always puts out more vapor than I expect and makes me think I need to work harder than I do. I would never describe the WS feeling as "powerful" but it continues to fool me.

Here is what I said recently about my WS on that thread.
I picked up a secondhand Mango Woodscents about a month and a half ago. I think it had probably made its way through a couple of FC members. I really like it, but I didn't really connect with it until I got the new Thermal Extraction Chamber (new TI tip). Now I absolutely love it. The new tip seems perfectly made for the device. The tip that came with it would often get stuck on the heater and was sometimes a pain.

As you all know, the WS is unique. I am glad I picked it up. This weird little guy is probably the most restricted vape I own, but boy can it produce! Massive flavorful clouds at anywhere from 10 to 11.5 on the ATM.

Anyway, don't sleep on that new tip. It improved my WS enough that I think it should be the standard tip shipped with the device.

condition

Hey, thanks for clarifications. I am so close to order a CL. I haven't bought a plug in since Volcano digit around 2010.
Just want to know if the vapor's path is wooden in some part? Wood in the vapor path makes my allergy worst.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hey, thanks for clarifications. I am so close to order a CL. I haven't bought a plug in since Volcano digit around 2010.
Just want to know if the vapor's path is wooden in some part? Wood in the vapor path makes my allergy worst.
The direct-draw stem that it comes with is wood, typically matching the rest of the vape. There are glass lined stems although I have a harder time using the cooling pads with them. You can use them with balls and screens. However, I just use the glass-lined stems as another WPA option. The glass bowl is another option and probably my favorite accessory. Using it that way, the CL is basically a 14mm injector. It excells at this and I was just hitting it that way 10 minutes ago.

Anyway, the CL thread here shows that not everyone loves it in the way that I do so that is probably worth checking out too.

Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

condition

The direct-draw stem it comes with is wood, typically matching the rest of the vape. There are glas lined stems although I have a harder time using the cooling pads with them. You can use them with balls and screens. However, I just use the glass-lined stems as another WPA option. The glass bowl is another option and probably my favorite accessory. Using it that way, the CL is basically a 14mm injector. It excells at this and I was just hitting it that way 10 minutes ago.

Anyway, the CL thread here shows that not everyone loves it in the way that I do so that is probably worth checking out too.

Hope you enjoy it!
Thanks, which are the glass-lined stems that you use as a WPA? I intend to buy the CL to use it with my bongs.
Also the limited edition has only different wood than the olive/grenadill that is available at $80 less?

condition,
Reactions: pomogirl

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Thanks, which are the glass-lined stems that you use as a WPA? I intend to buy the CL to use it with my bongs.
Here is one of the glass-lined stems:
But if you intend to only hit it on a bong, I really recommend the glass bowl. I like it much more than the stems:
Also the limited edition has only different wood than the olive/grenadill that is available at $80 less?
Yep! Just exotic wood. The Oak is even cheaper and also the same device. Although it does look like it is out of stock...

condition

Here is one of the glass-lined stems:
But if you intend to only hit it on a bong, I really recommend the glass bowl. I like it much more than the stems:

Yep! Just exotic wood. The Oak is even cheaper and also the same device. Although it does look like it is out of stock...
Thank you for your detailed reply. Would I need the beads too?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
so which log tastes better, low temp? like WS @ 10.5 vs CL @ 4 which tastes better? ;)
My CL probably has the best flavor down at 3. And I take the woodscents down to 10. They both have pretty great flavor there, but in my memory I give the win to the CL.

But it is close enough that other factors could change things. I think tonight I will try them back to back at very low temps with the same herb on the same j-hook.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Just out of curiosity... is that with an old WS or with one of the WS that has the updated heater? I ask because my WS (new heater) doesnt produce nice vapor at all above 9...
It is the 2021 WS, which I believe is the current heater. Although to be clear, I was referring to 10V, not 9 on the dimmer switch. I used the dimmer exactly one time and decided I did not like it.

cosimo

oh yeah, me too..... so, since im saving for a CL, now
It is the 2021 WS, which I believe is the current heater. Although to be clear, I was referring to 10V, not 9 on the dimmer switch. I used the dimmer exactly one time and decided I did not like it.

I wonder if a CL would be able to go as low as i normally do with my WS... my max volts on the vvps for dry hits is 8.3...

Top Bottom