Which Log??

yeswecann

I don't have enough data to calculate this stuff with the equations, but I'd say that no way it hits 2.5x than the other. both kinda 10-12 volts vapes. one uses glass tube/stainless wires to store heat, the other use beads
The GTR can rip/milk a 10" piece though, yes?

Confused Comedy GIF by Envy

...I'll need a minute...
🤣

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
🥛 How's the draw? How long to heat soak? I think this device might make sense as my next instead of a baller.

5-20min to heat soak from cold depending on what you want to do how quickly, pretty open flow draw without any discernible restriction... It essentially is in between a log and ball vape I suppose, I do not really consider it a baller really, more like XL heater in standard glass for stem or injector log?

yeswecann

injector log?
🙏 A new class! 💉🪵

I have the couchlog, both kinds of GTRs, a heat island, an Alpha+dog, a SC3 dog, and an enano, so I feel like I have a good perspective on this.

I would say that the Heat Island, SC3, and enano all have pretty similar profiles, being very enjoyable micro-to-medium-dosers, and I would rank them in the following order :
1. Heat Island
2. Underdog SC3
3. Enano

The Heat Island and the SC3 are more or less indistinguishable in terms of vapor, but I prefer the Heat Island's stems and construction (although it should be noted the stems are all interchangeable between these 3). The enano is a little more temperamental and harder to get a perfect roast dialed in, and I really dont like the chords and power supply of the enano relative to the generic chords you can buy for the UD and HI.

The Alpha+ dog's is basically the same design principles as the vapes in the paragraph above, but with a much bigger heater and longer airpath, so it feels more like at traditional log but with a lot more power. It takes a long time to get fully heat soaked (45 min-ish), but you can start to hit it around 20 minutes in, it will just have a bit more refractory time. After being fully heat soaked, I can take 4 or five full, huge bong rips before noticing any cool down. Its truly a beast, and I really enjoy this vape.

The GTRs and the Couchlog, while not similar to each other, represent a kind of next generation of the log vape that has emerged. As opposed to traditional log vapes with cartridge heaters, these vapes seek to create more potent heat stores, albeit through different means (The couchlog uses ceramic beads around the heater and the GTR has a SS foil insulation). The result of this is that, unlike the traditional vapes, where you slowly draw heat out of the cartridge, there is a more instantaneous heat transfer, allowing for more efficient extraction. There is room for both kinds of log vapes in my routine, as sometimes I prefer the less powerful sessions, but if you are only going to have one log I would definitely recommend one from this generation. Despite them all being very powerful log vapes, the couchlog and the GTRs are truly very different; hell, even the male and female GTR are super different, and they have the same heating element! It really all boils down to what you are looking for, if you want all the bells and whistles, I would say the couchlog is the most luxurious vape on the market, but if you want the best bang for your buck, whichever GTR best suits your use case is probably your best bet.
Your perspective is most valuable. As a single flower-vape owner (2019 "M") who was recently enamored by the performance of ball/injector vapes but also concerned about their safety. I visited logs in 2019 but concluded that the load size was too small, iffy ergonomics, and Woodscents was out of my price range at that time. I greatly dislike Dynavap's draw resistance but respect its ability to extract efficiently. Considering cobbling together my own baller, e.g., build the controller, DH Gate housing/coil/media, etc. but now I'm starting to zero in on these next gen devices like Alan's GTR and CC's Altas/Halo and specifically, Zenith. Any idea how GTR and Zenith might compare? I noticed the Zenith can pump clouds at about half or less the voltage of the GTR. I'd like a ripper that doesn't take too long to heat soak. I like the idea of pairing with REFC Labs ATM, and of course some decent glass.

Razhumikin

Your perspective is most valuable. As a single flower-vape owner (2019 "M") who was recently enamored by the performance of ball/injector vapes but also concerned about their safety. I visited logs in 2019 but concluded that the load size was too small, iffy ergonomics, and Woodscents was out of my price range at that time. I greatly dislike Dynavap's draw resistance but respect its ability to extract efficiently. Considering cobbling together my own baller, e.g., build the controller, DH Gate housing/coil/media, etc. but now I'm starting to zero in on these next gen devices like Alan's GTR and CC's Altas/Halo and specifically, Zenith. Any idea how GTR and Zenith might compare? I noticed the Zenith can pump clouds at about half or less the voltage of the GTR. I'd like a ripper that doesn't take too long to heat soak. I like the idea of pairing with REFC Labs ATM, and of course some decent glass.
The GTR takes less time to heat soak because it doesnt havy any balls to soak, the Zenith takes a little longer but also can hit a but harder when its fully heatsoaked. They both extract really efficiently and are really tasty, you cant go wrong with either. I use my GTRs and my Zenith a pretty equal amount.

Shit Snacks

Yeah the fact that they pull different voltage etc is just examples of how different they are, they are not really so comparable honestly, sure is complicated to get started learning about stuff these days with all the variety available for better and for worse!

yeswecann

…can hit a but…
and a butt and a bit! 🤣

I figured the Z could slap but Imma lightweight so In terms of performance:value, I'm lucky to be on the GTR waitlist. I'll be sucking the dyna 'til then I guess 😔 Now about glass…

Yeah the fact that they pull different voltage etc is just examples of how different they are, they are not really so comparable honestly, sure is complicated to get started learning about stuff these days with all the variety available for better and for worse!
I wish I had an EECS degree! Was thinking about the Reddit post about how the B-Zero required lower PID temps than the Taroma Lite which basically came down to the B-Zero's lower thermal mass…Of course, it's more open airflow is a factor but I digress…does it mean the B-Zero is better engineered? Does lower voltage mean the Zenith is better engineered? I'm not qualified to say.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The GTR takes less time to heat soak because it doesnt havy any balls to soak, the Zenith takes a little longer but also can hit a but harder when its fully heatsoaked. They both extract really efficiently and are really tasty, you cant go wrong with either. I use my GTRs and my Zenith a pretty equal amount.
Now you have to share your Musa thoughts, lol. 🙂

Shit Snacks

I wish I had an EECS degree! Was thinking about the Reddit post about how the B-Zero required lower PID temps than the Taroma Lite which basically came down to the B-Zero's lower thermal mass…Of course, it's more open airflow is a factor but I digress…does it mean the B-Zero is better engineered? Does lower voltage mean the Zenith is better engineered? I'm not qualified to say.

Haha yeah I don't, but it makes much more sense to compare the power and temp settings of PID-based ball injector vapes in titanium shells, there are so many of them and they are all slightly different though basically the same, however the zenith is not constructed the same way or powered the same way so it makes no sense to compare their specs this way imo --for your needs you would probably be happy with any of them, most of them work really well with larger amounts and can get a lot quickly out of tiny amounts, not my favorite to microdose tbh

almost there

Paging @almost there to give his thoughts, as hes tried most of my logs too and has a valuable perspective to share.
Funny you should be mentioning this because I’m right now scanning through the cough log site, lol. Talk about coincidence :lol:. It’s a tough choice between the musa and couch log,the taste from those 2 are phenomenal.

coolbreeze

Well if we are going to go that route, Bamboo HI is the best deal in cannabis vaping at $50. And it is probably my favorite classic log. :rockon:
It's nice that there's a range, especially with a lower end--in fact, I'm a little surprised there isn't more competition vs that $50 log (or even a $150 log) because the form-factor is so great for vaping and you'd think someone would be all over that lower/entry level range. And the GTR looks like it aughtta be the best bang for the buck with its high power at a mid-low price.

I would hope so at 400$+ USD :o
It has limitations but it's a ball vape in a log. Not too bad a price for what it can do.

Last edited:

yeswecann

Haha yeah I don't, but it makes much more sense to compare the power and temp settings of PID-based ball injector vapes in titanium shells, there are so many of them and they are all slightly different though basically the same, however the zenith is not constructed the same way or powered the same way so it makes no sense to compare their specs this way imo --for your needs you would probably be happy with any of them, most of them work really well with larger amounts and can get a lot quickly out of tiny amounts, not my favorite to microdose tbh
I was comparing, however poorly, GTR and Zenith. Given Zenith requires much less voltage. This too may not be a fair comparison as the GTR is a SS cartridge with SS foil/mesh (?) "fins" and the Zenith is…I have no idea! I need to learn more about CC's stuff!
What's your preference for microdosing?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I was comparing, however poorly, GTR and Zenith. Given Zenith requires much less voltage. This too may not be a fair comparison as the GTR is a SS cartridge with SS foil/mesh (?) "fins" and the Zenith is…I have no idea! I need to learn more about CC's stuff!

Haha, yeah they are really completely different, GTR is like XL log with female or male glass connection, extra heat mass from steel mesh baskets stacked, that creates the finning, but Zenith uses steel wire heating element, potentially switching to nichrome if people want 24/7 runtime capability (because it was not designed for that) with all the rubies inside steel tube as the mass, with aluminum 18 mm male tip (so it is more of an injector baller and can be run from 510 mod power, because of the low voltage, however pulls more amps, kind of combines splinter type convection vape with baller type injector vape in the design)

What's you pref for microdosing?

Absolutely the GTR, quick one hitters with the 18 mm male bowls... Still need to try the wider paper bowl and other things though... Zenith is perfectly capable as well though it can also do much more, depends on the bowls, mine is also a beta with a longer tip so that affects the bowls and how much I can load in which bowl... I find learning curve much easier with the Z, for dense vapor without any scorch and even extraction, GTR is a bit more involved for me seemingly?

Honestly I prefer Halo and Atlas to either of them I think ultimately? (most often I even prefer Tetra in similar situations, micro dosing quick one hitters through water)

yeswecann

And the GTR looks like it aughtta be the best bang for the buck with its high power at a mid-low price.

Absolutely the GTR, quick one hitters with the 18 mm male bowls
Thanks, both. I think the GTR is probably the best value in vapes we can define as "heavies," especially with the budget enclosure options. Even if I DIY everything, I can't get close to that budget with a baller and I have mixed feeling about hot balls ☄️☄️ LOL and playing maestro with a branding iron. I am intrigied by Atlas and Halo and need to read up on them…Musa 2.0 looks bomb!

Top Bottom