Which Log??

UgoMaille

MUSA, CouchLog, HeatIsland GTR, EpiKai EnanoXL, WoodScents, UnderDOG AlphaPLUS, and even the MiniVAP is pretty much a log type.

One of each?

Any thoughts are welcome!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
this might be you last chance to grab a underdog for the foreseeable future, they just refreshed the store and it is the last batch until underdog gets his hand fixed
That was one of the reasons I snagged one.

Anyway, I have a Couchlog and it is literally my favorite vape right now.

Also, if we are counting the minivap, we should include the HLT, which is also fantastic.😄

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
MiniVap is nothing like a log vape imo because it is digital industrial design session vape where you load a bowl inside it...?

However Cloud Connoisseur vapes are closer to a log if you are including GTR and CouchLog and Musa with HighLighter...

Lobby

I have a Woodscents, an Underdog regular and an Alpha. I like the Underdogs better than the WS. The reason is that I do not find the amount of flower used by the WS to be satisfying. If a Dynavap holds enough flower to satisfy you then you then a WS is a good choice. I only vape CBD flower and when I say “satisfy” I mean that I wanted more vapor in my lungs. This may be because I smoked cigs for many years.

Texus

I have a Woodscents, an Underdog regular and an Alpha. I like the Underdogs better than the WS. The reason is that I do not find the amount of flower used by the WS to be satisfying. If a Dynavap holds enough flower to satisfy you then you then a WS is a good choice. I only vape CBD flower and when I say “satisfy” I mean that I wanted more vapor in my lungs. This may be because I smoked cigs for many years.
How about the regular vs the Alpha Underdog? Which do you reach for most?

GoldenBud

The taste of the UD is in the same level of the WS in your opinion? never tried any UD, tried WS few times... I think WS tastes almost like ELEV8R so that means really pure, but also the HI help you vape huge clouds too.. E-nano is 110V direct so it may be more dangerous device in theory, never heard about any problems tho
UD/WS/HI/GTR all 12V

GTR is like a real heavy hitter other than regular log, but very interesting device because it's only 120-150 $ while WS is like 320$+
bottom line is HI can rip as the WS rips, but WS tastes a bit better

CouchLog seems like the heavest log actually... hard decision

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I think this is accurate, and its almost more accurate to say that if ~half of a dynavap satisfies (the end of the heater extends into the dynavap tip a bit). If this is enough for you or you want evergreen hits (e.g. kill the small dose in a big hit and repack a fresh and tasty new load) the WS is an extremely satisfying log. The amount of vapor you can get out of those tiny cap fulls never ceases to amaze me, the taste is sublime, and its an extremely even heating devices (the most consistent avb of any of my vapes, but that might be due in part to the smaller capacity).

You can do slightly larger loads with the included glass stems, but if that is the way you primarily anticipate using it you might just as well look at another log--these don't seem to heat quite as evenly to me, but with small loads they are still pretty consistent.

The Woodscents is an incredible device if you’re cool with small bowls. You can treat it like a one hitter. Plus, the ability to use Dynavap glass cooling stems is invaluable. I simply cannot go back to straight stems with no cooling mechanism. Most of the other logs have far less stem options. I know Heat Island offers a ton, but none that have additional cooling built in IIRC. Those little cooling spikes make a world of difference for native hits IME.

Lobby

How about the regular vs the Alpha Underdog? Which do you reach for most?
The Alpha, I find the Nong/Gong holds the perfect amount for me.
The taste of the UD is in the same level of the WS in your opinion? never tried any UD, tried WS few times... I think WS tastes almost like ELEV8R so that means really pure, but also the HI help you vape huge clouds too.. E-nano is 110V direct so it may be more dangerous device in theory, never heard about any problems tho
UD/WS/HI/GTR all 12V

GTR is like a real heavy hitter other than regular log, but very interesting device because it's only 120-150 $ while WS is like 320$+
bottom line is HI can rip as the WS rips, but WS tastes a bit better

CouchLog seems like the heavest log actually... hard decision
Unfortunately I am the wrong person to as about flavor. I just don't seem to notice a difference between them but I do not have a very refined palete. I just know it is way better than joints.

Shit Snacks

The Woodscents is an incredible device if you’re cool with small bowls. You can treat it like a one hitter. Plus, the ability to use Dynavap glass cooling stems is invaluable. I simply cannot go back to straight stems with no cooling mechanism. Most of the other logs have far less stem options. I know Heat Island offers a ton, but none that have additional cooling built in IIRC. Those little cooling spikes make a world of difference for native hits IME.

Alan actually can make you a heat island that works with Dynavap tips and stems, so you can have the exact same benefits as the woodscents in that regard... I myself prefer to always use some sort of WPA with my logs, for dry hits I'm going to have it on a J hook (or other such larger glass cooler although I do prefer to keep the log upside down, bowl upside down so it can never spill) and the bowl is still small one hitter. (Alan has his own alternatives for cooling dry stems, he's not a big believer in balls and doesn't do spikes as far as I know though)

attackpoints

I'm kind of in a similar boat where I'm overwhelmed with log options. I'm on the list for a gtr and paid for a halo recently but I want something sooner.

I was into woodscents, but reading about the tight draw and load size doesn't sound like it would be a good fit.

I like the underdog and couchlog as options. How are either of these in terms of flavor? (Native or on glass) how's the draw restriction? Are either capable of back to back hits? I'd probably go for the sc3+ or alpha if I get an underdog.

coolbreeze

I like the underdog and couchlog as options. How are either of these in terms of flavor? (Native or on glass) how's the draw restriction? Are either capable of back to back hits? I'd probably go for the sc3+ or alpha if I get an underdog.
Couchlog: excellent flavor through glass; excellent flavor through the stem (although some woods may have a taste for a while); there's a small bit of restriction (considerably more with the pads in the stem) but it can run that recycler I posted in the CL thread yesterdayish; It can do back to back no problem (though I haven't tested this in a party situation). I haven't fully tested it, but you can also get some few full hits off the unplugged log, too. Chris's service is excellent and the sleeve I bought from this drop came in record time. It's not really just a log, though. It's a ball injector in a log format.

The Underdog someone else can speak to, but I have had to close that tab and walk away...So nice, but I'm waiting on a GTR so I absolutely have to pass...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I'm kind of in a similar boat where I'm overwhelmed with log options. I'm on the list for a gtr and paid for a halo recently but I want something sooner.

I was into woodscents, but reading about the tight draw and load size doesn't sound like it would be a good fit.

When you got on the list for the GTR, did you ask Alan what other HI he has ready made in stock now to sell you and ship right away?? That would be my move in the meantime... Otherwise yeah grab an underdog alpha and you will probably be very happy with it!

Texus

Enano XL looks to be the best for the price.
New to the log game but after almost coming here to praise the E-Nano XL over the standard Underdog with most current oven I decided to hit the Underdog again with skinny metal tube mouthpiece. And while I don't have my GonG game down with it yet, that is one fine small hit and so quick and easy to get from loading to vaping with a heated Underdog.

Really both are great. I suggest thinking about your use case tho. I don't see one of those displacing the other. But that is how I look at ball vapes at the moment (which is why I am not rushing to get a Couchlog). Despite both being logs they each have a unique vape experience due to load sizes, mouthpiece diameter etc

Last edited:

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
I am new to a UD Alpha, and SC3+ that I have gotten some time to mess around with. I really adore the SC3+ as a log that is perfect for day time/ supplementary use. It has a great load size depending on glass and roasts bowls quickly and effectively. It was one of my cheaper logs so I don't have much attachment and motivation to keep it pristine, and I am willing to keep it on and use up the heaters life.

The Alpha gets much less love and it's because of the Couchlog. The Alpha is fun for mixing it up, but for it's weight class I am reaching for the CL 100% of the time. The CL has overwhelmingly won me over, and I am having a hard time putting it down.

I don't have a gtr but I live Alan's work, and if you can always shoot to try and get one of his devices or on a list.

Cheers!

Top Bottom