Which are your prefered nicknames for Cannabis?

Which are your prefered nicknames for Cannabis?

• Cannabis

Votes: 107 42.5%
  • Weed

Votes: 164 65.1%
  • Bud

Votes: 80 31.7%
  • Herb

Votes: 69 27.4%
  • Pot

Votes: 65 25.8%
  • Marijuana / MJ

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Dope

Votes: 21 8.3%
  • Ganja

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Gas

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Other (specify in the comments)

Votes: 43 17.1%

• Total voters

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I'm still shocked that there's only one vote for "Gas", after >150 votes. I didn't just make that one up. :lol: I think it may come from the "Diesel" strains, esp. on the east coast, but I'm not sure.

As of right now, the three leading options are my favorites. "Cannabis", "weed", and "bud", in no particular order. It depends on who I am with, and on the discussion. When talking about health effects, I usually go with "Cannabis". If I'm referring to actual flower, and not concentrates, I'll use "bud".

In my area "gas" is easily one of the more commonly used words. Definitely top 5 if not 3

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Back in the day--mid-1970s--two buddies and I met nearly every morning for coffee and then afterwards would go smoke a bone. We were artsy hippies living in a community of artists, old beats, and fishermen. One of those buddies was a small liberal town's small-time dope dealer. He always called it "Mr. Hookabar", as in, "Mr. Hookabar will be coming for a visit later this week" when asked if he had any. In the late 80's that buddy had a heart attack at 50 years old during one of the area's worst hurricanes ever. I rushed down to help his girlfriend and our other buddy deal with his death. Though he was art director for two little magazines and a local environmental newsletter, he didn't have a penny in the bank nor own a car or home. We were increasingly concerned about how we would pay the funeral home and other death expenses and about his girlfriend. Then a day or two later as we were going through his cloths in the closet, first in a coat pocket we found half-a-pound of weed and in a pants pocket an ounce of Nepalese hash. Funeral expenses were paid and girlfriend got something to boot, all thanks to Mr. Hookabar.

Dankvinci

I'm still shocked that there's only one vote for "Gas", after >150 votes. I didn't just make that one up. :lol: I think it may come from the "Diesel" strains, esp. on the east coast, but I'm not sure.

As of right now, the three leading options are my favorites. "Cannabis", "weed", and "bud", in no particular order. It depends on who I am with, and on the discussion. When talking about health effects, I usually go with "Cannabis". If I'm referring to actual flower, and not concentrates, I'll use "bud".
I agree, Gas should have more votes.

Dankvinci,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Flow

long time ago, the nick name / code name was
"come and we'll have a coffee" (ie: I have some hash…) or
"you would rather have some Tea" ? (Tea > green > herbal > weed.)

average_joe

Here in chile lot of ppl call it Maria, because of maria juana and because if you just say "Maria" someone might ask "what maria?" and that is "que maria?" in spanish, if you put the words together "quemaria" it means "I would burn".

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
When phoning round mates in the paranoid northern town I grew up in, there were a number of folks who were mentioned occasionally:
Bob (Hope) = Dope= Hash (it was the 90s after all)
David (Cassidy) = Acid = LSD
Billy (Whizz) = Speed = Amphetamines
Joe (Joseph Bennett) = Grass (I moved in political circles)
Not sure how widely these terms were used outside the folks I knew, but our dealer was a communist

Top Bottom