Which are your prefered nicknames for Cannabis?

Which are your prefered nicknames for Cannabis?

• Cannabis

Votes: 107 42.5%
  • Weed

Votes: 164 65.1%
  • Bud

Votes: 80 31.7%
  • Herb

Votes: 69 27.4%
  • Pot

Votes: 65 25.8%
  • Marijuana / MJ

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Dope

Votes: 21 8.3%
  • Ganja

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Gas

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Other (specify in the comments)

Votes: 43 17.1%

• Total voters

EverythingsHazy

As a general overview for me, I'd say that when talkig to stoner friends, I say "weed" or "bud".

Online, I tend to use "bud" or "herb" to specify that I mean actual buds, and not concentrates. "Nugs" is not a bad one, for this, either. I've referred to them unground buds as "nugs"?

When discussing medical usage, I use "Cannabis".

I rarely if ever use "marijuana" or "pot", and I never use "dope" or "ganja". Dope is the one that I avoid the most, as it has a very negative connotation, at least in my mind.

I also tend to use the term "vaporize", and not just "vape", because vape sounds like either those juice or e-cig style vapes, or even "dab" pens, the former of which are not my thing, and the latter of which I don't use very often. "Vape" has become a bit more common for me, as the use of "dab" pens and overall knowledge of vaporizing weed become more widespread, but I still prefer "vaporizing".

Dutch. As in pass the dutch, don't bogard it.
is this just in reference to a joint/blunt, or to the actual Cannabis itself?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've called it all sorts of things over the years. These days I tend to stick to cannabis.
I've grown up, and I like proper terminology.

I definitely don't like the term Marijuana anymore, because of it's racist history.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
When talking to the stoner friends (ok mostly just people online :rolleyes:) and being all serious-like I usually refer to the actual marijuana as flower just like the stores do to differentiate it from concentrates. I'll also just call it smoke like "I have to go get some more smoke today".

I like calling it dope but ironically.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Weed, bud, flower, in person. OCCASIONALLY Marijuana if talking to somebody who isn't really familiar with it at all. Weed, bud, flower, and product/material online?

Dope has ALWAYS sounded negative to me, like if somebody "smokes dope" to me that was always something along the lines of crystal or crack.

"Gas" is a term I never liked and always kinda made fun of...

Also in a funny way a few years back I met this older gentleman Kevin, complete lunatic, but great time... he calls joints "leftys" as in, "wanna go smoke a lefty?" So I'll whip that out occasionally even though I havent combusted for a while, I still like to say it. Mostly with my friends who know Kevin too though.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
On FC it’s herb or flower, sometimes I say canna.

Old school one was KB, or “kind bud”

Dank was a popular one when I was younger.

Collie, or sensi if the rastas are around.

“The fire” is also acceptable.

Puff, hoot, rip, zip, buzz are in the rotation.

Can’t forget “shish”

There was a time I was living in NC and THC usage was out of the question, but there was a food truck that opened up there called Dank Burrito. I had always known Dank was slang for weed, but never really appreciated how much of a stoner truck the thing was until I got to really experience weed.

Dank /daNGk/ adjective: Exceptionally high quality, fresh and craveable.

Example: "We unapologetically serve the dankest burritos and tacos on the planet."

Actually since I left NC it looks like they opened up 3 physical locations on top of the food truck which was originally in Morehead City... thats where the first physical storefront opened up too. Good for them.

Sorry for the OT tangent!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
There was a time I was living in NC and THC usage was out of the question, but there was a food truck that opened up there called Dank Burrito. I had always known Dank was slang for weed, but never really appreciated how much of a stoner truck the thing was until I got to really experience weed.

Actually since I left NC it looks like they opened up 3 physical locations on top of the food truck which was originally in Morehead City... thats where the first physical storefront opened up too. Good for them.

Sorry for the OT tangent!

That reminds me of a chain called Chronic Tacos here in California!

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Back in the 70s during my hippie/bohemian days, before I went back to college and only apparently straightened out, one of my closest buddies was our town's leading drug dealer. Ever justifiably paranoid, he always referred to the weed as Hookabar or Mr. Hookabar, particularly when talking on the phone, which we always thought might be bugged by the police. If someone wanted some and it was coming soon, he'd say, "Mr. Hookabar will be visiting town next Wednesday." If he had some, it would be "Yes, Mr. Hookabar is in town. When would you like to meet him?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom