What would be your Trinity of vapes?

Vapeaction

Flowerpot B2 - obvious
MinVap - total shock when I got it - that good (J-Hook) (around house portable)
Mighty - soon to be replaced (I believe by the comments) with a TM which was ordered Sunday... just awaiting on it being shipped.

Oh and a couple concentrate devices to top up through the day, Peak Pro and RIO.

Still on my VAS list is Tetra P80 (those drops get crazy lol) and OAB ... but ...if I start thinking there is also the Millana, Toad (still haven't contacted Dan to be on his 'list' and recently found out he lives right around the corner - maybe if I sit out front of his and stalk him I could get one... lol.

Resented marijuana when I first tried taking it for medical purposes, the taste, the delayed effects with edibles oils etc then with coughing etc with vaping as I was not a smoker (weed) before... but the journey for a better vape quickly turned into VAS... Having a blast now with all the big boy toys & reading this forum... just don't get why it was ever illegal... maybe another post...

Oden

I started vaping with a magnificent Tetra P80, which was replaced by my TM2 which I prefer for several reasons..
I'm not really interested in portable vaporizers anymore.
I expect real innovation.
But I've been on the Nomad list (now Toad list) for ages! Lol. So I'll probably end up having it one day.
Otherwise only one portable vaporizer could potentially interest me, and that would be these famous FW7 or 8. For a conduction experience. But apparently it's compromised for shipments to Europe .
So TM2 is my favorite, in the portable category.

My big favorite and crushing everything I've tried so far is the O'Connell Woodworks TKO!!!
A very underrated vaporizer. It was only released 4 months ago, so that's to be expected, but it outperforms the competition in the bead vaporizer category.
It's so versatile with all the options O'Connell has to offer.
O'connell is always looking to come up with new things... to improve the user experience.
With its 18 mm adapter (easy to install and remove) to switch to injector mode if desired, this option is so satisfying too.
I still prefer the original diffuser style, because I find the extraction better, more homogeneous.
There is also no need to exceed 600°, because TKO works very well from 450°.
The temperature always remains stable, no heat loss between hits.
I use 600° for a very very dense and instant vapour!
And the badass bowls also offered by O'Connell, Dfreez and recently GVB! To perfectly fit the TKO head.
I collect them now. And this diversity of bowls, plus bowls with injectors, means that I never get bored lol.
I could say a lot more, but to sum it up the TKO is the second wave of ballpoint vaporizers, thanks to its finely crafted design.
I simply adore it.

My third favorite and last vaporizer I own is the Qaroma XL.
Before receiving the TKO, I had two other brothers from the QXL and I sold them lol.
TKO erased them.
I kept the QXL because it is a powerful vaporizer, but the first reason is because of the exceptional flavor it gives me.
It's hard to describe it's so powerful lol. The passage of air is only rubies, and quartz, when I do not use SS screen in my bowls!
Total purity.
I use it now to taste my buds.
It literally kills my old TP80, and TM2 when it comes to flavors, it's not even comparable sincerely.
He's a cut above my TKO on that, and that last one is pretty good for the flavors too.
So I recommend the QXL for unconditional flavor lovers!
And those who absolutely want a vaporizer with no other materials than rubies and quartz

February will be great too, because my SX will be there I hope.
And this will be the opportunity to use the second vaporizer, from wave two of the bead vaporizers.

My top three could change 😂

ThePox700

Oh this is a great question

1. CouchLog. This is one special log and can do whatever I want/need it to. Microdosing, heaping scoops, with glass and without. It's just perfect. This is my daily.
2. FW8. I love the 7 and I'm not the biggest fan of the aesthetic of the 8, but loading and unloading is so much easier for me. Preferred portable. (honorable mention to the TM2, it was hard to eliminate.)
3. VapBong. It doesn't get as much use as other vapes but when I've got a scratchy throat it's the most gentle. Plus it can pack a punch! Definitely a good conversation starter/living room art too haha.

It was so hard to leave off so many great devices. This was fun!

checkyourlibido

Mighty - soon to be replaced (I believe by the comments) with a TM which was ordered Sunday... just awaiting on it being shipped.
So, does the TM replace the Mighty for you? It easily did for me.

@ThePox700 I really do like the VapBong, as much as I love ball vapes, I think my VapBong would be the 1 I pick as well.

coolbreeze

I've lost no love for my previous choices but I have gotten some new vapes and have increased usage on a few older favs. The current rotation-dominating trinity would be something like:
Couchlog
Z8
Vapman & station

Die Wunderlampe (Element table vape)
Glass torch vapes (Tasty Tube, VHB Slide, GLass/Quartz Cap, etc.)
The usual assorted Dynavaps and Bricks, etc.

EarthworldTim

I use my FW7 far more than any other vape I own. When I leave the house it's in my pocket with a RWW acrylic/titanium stem even if I'm not really planning to use it, just in case. Often times at home I start with it once I'm done with work.

After that TM2. I spent the long weekend away from my desktop vapes and the TM2 + OGB sidecar with the short glass stem, boro beads, and RWW mouthpiece is an amazing combo. I've said it in the TM thread already I believe but the RWW mouthpiece/wpa might be the most surprising accessory from an appreciation standpoint. I added it to the order for the FW7 stem on impulse because I loved the colors and I knew it wouldn't last long after it dropped.

Last is the obligatory desktop ball vape, taroma lite in my case.

Oden

I use my FW7 far more than any other vape I own. When I leave the house it's in my pocket with a RWW acrylic/titanium stem even if I'm not really planning to use it, just in case. Often times at home I start with it once I'm done with work.

After that TM2. I spent the long weekend away from my desktop vapes and the TM2 + OGB sidecar with the short glass stem, boro beads, and RWW mouthpiece is an amazing combo. I've said it in the TM thread already I believe but the RWW mouthpiece/wpa might be the most surprising accessory from an appreciation standpoint. I added it to the order for the FW7 stem on impulse because I loved the colors and I knew it wouldn't last long after it dropped.

Last is the obligatory desktop ball vape, taroma lite in my case.
Teroma lite plus was released today.
He received several injections of steroids! lol
And its design has been improved.
It looks like the TKO now, but with injector-only styling.

howie105

Were you limited to 3 vapes which would you pick and why?

Ideally vapes you either own(ed) or have sessioned with multiple times.

I would post my own but am still too green.

Cheers.
Cutting down the current pile of vapes to just three without changing anything else like location or supporting hardware bits, I would stick with my E-Nano, LSV and Elev8r.

fangorn

[ I'm a portable vaporizer guy! ]

I got a Toad a little over 6-7 months ago... it made me drastically reduce my collection... I sold a FW7, a Tp80, an xmax v3... I resisted buying a TM2 and am resisting buying an Fw8!

sometimes I would like a bit of regulation for a fast, more dense and Intense shot... but when I think about it, I can always get that shot with the Toad, just adapt my technique... or so I will use another vape!

I got a Vapman 3-4 months ago and I use it as soon as I'm quiet... (kids and wife in bed)
I thought I was a convection guy but I love the Vapman signature and conduction!
I didn't really like using lighters... but this is such a special experience... the ritual with this one is great!
I've been getting two Vapman bowls for 2-3 days on my way home from work and I'm in perfect condition 😁 neither too high to handle everyday life, nor too low to support everyday life!
and I just discovered microdosing with him... it was perfect for videoconference training!

and finally I use the Anvil for a quick hit during the day or to start my evening rituals... 1 or 2 bowls of anvil and then everything rolls on its own!
(I'm waiting to have some money to invest in an IH, because as said above, I'm not a fan of lighters!)
the problem with this one is that it really increases my tolerance a lot.
the advantage is that when I get a mediocre cannabis strain, the anvil always manages to get the best out of it...

honorable mention for the Terpedo...its sublime taste, vapor density and...experience. I can't wait for the smaller version!

to sum up :
1/ Toad
2/ Anvil
3/ Vapman

happy vape to you guys!!

Cannabiker

I should make a note to revisit this thread in a year and see where I'm at. I've gone back and forth on a number of vapes over the years.

Some I'll always keep and love, like my first, my old (15 years?) Silver Surfer. I still bust it out occasionally, and it never lets me down. Unfortunately it's the original design, which is not ball-friendly. And I'll always be fond of the Mighty, because before the Mighty I was vaping at home with the Silver Surfer, but still burning away from the house. The PAX and OG Firefly didn't cut it for me (though I still have those, too). I'm even more fond of the Mighty since S&B sent me an out-of-warranty replacement, so I've got a freshie.

But, to get on topic, the three I'd keep right this minute:

Underdog log--Perfect, tasty hits with the ability to cloud glass respectably.

Anvil--It's new, so this might be the novelty talking, but I've never hit anything like this. I kick-start sessions with a rip or two from the Anvil, then settle in with the Underdog.

Simrell MVS with IH--Mine's a wood-body MVS, so it doesn't have all the adjustability, but I really don't care. I like feathering the carb (yes, I said carb). That's my portable. We'll see what the Revolve can do, but it's going to be tough to beat the feel of the wood Simrell.
I hope the mods will forgive me for replying to my own post, but I wanted to check in on this thread in a year, and here we are. And no, I'm not hyper-organized; an email notice about activity on this topic coincided with the anniversary of my first post.

Anyway, my list is two-thirds unchanged, but the one change is huge. I picked up a Cannabis Hardware B-Zero (after getting a DC Elev8r), so the Underdog has been gathering dust. That makes me sad, as it's a beautiful piece by a great maker, but the ball-vape revolution can't be stopped. So, this year, the list is:
B-Zero
Anvil
Simrell MVS wood-body (not the fully adjustable system) with The Wand.

I love to carry the Anvil with a small water piece to demonstrate vaping's potential for the uninitiated. Since most of the world still thinks PAX is state-of-the-art, this is revelatory for most people.

I gave the Revolve a shot at dethroning the Simrell, but I found it too fiddly. I was always checking it to make sure I hadn't accidentally changed my settings. I also felt like it was too efficient at cooling--it is amazing at turning vape into reclaim. I read one user's comments who said he loved how the spiral captured so much material which would otherwise go into his lungs. I think he missed the point. And yes, I know I could set it up for direct draw, but then I still have all that fiddliness to worry about and all those pieces to clean.

And I also heard about the Simrell/Revolve dustup. The way I see it, without patent protections makers would always lose their best ideas to people with deeper pockets who can ramp up production and distribution before small companies leave the starting gate. That's especially true if you're trying to build a company domestically and you're faced with competition from people who are willing to seek out cheaper production internationally. I don't think Brenyo did anything shady in developing the Revolve, but I also don't blame Austyn for using pointy elbows to defend his space in the market. Sure, patent protection can stifle innovation to some degree, but an unfettered free market will often crush small players.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
There are a few dream devices that will probably knock these out of the running when I finally get my hands on them. However I will limit myself to three that I currently own. First two are easy: Tinymight and Firewood7. The last one took me a while, but I think it would be my Triihouse Lily. It's a fantastic little brick that is really something special. It was a real toss up between that one, the Vapman, or the Shammer. oh or the Mi3.

Glad I don't really have to limit myself to three!
A year later for me too... Still love the TM. I use it most days. The other devices are great but I would make my top choices:
  • Couchlog
  • CC Atlas
  • Tinymight
Still not giving up any of my other vapes 😄

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Right now, the z8, mighty+, and anvil.

The z8 is quite literally the best vape ive ever used in nearly every way. It's got an exposed could but the temp is only 450. It's durable. It's tasty. It's smooth. And it sure is a heavy hitter. The only real downside for me is that it needs to plug into a controller.

The mighty+ is the best session style vape imo. I've had an ssv and turned it into an ssv43 and, while those sessions were "better" I mostly want a session at a park or something so I sold it. Recently I picked up the mighty+ and it gives a very consistent satisfying session. And the z8 gives a great session when set at 420 ;)

The anvil works as advertised. It gives me fab sweats. The only reason the z8 hits harder is because of the more open airflow. The anvil is some of the densest vapor around and it is my mobile heavy. I just prefer the z8 for the sake of smoothness and flavor

Squidge

Butane powered
My trinity...
1. Vapman - great taste. Form factor. Ritualistic. Perfect micro-dosing. Butane powered.

2. Sticky Brick Jr - big hits with convection heating. Form factor: I love that it has a lid and can be packed away neatly. Ritualistic. Butane powered.

3. Dynavap - form factor. The ability to use it for permanent mouth to lung hits by moving an o-ring. The Omnivap XL is perfect for a half bowl of flower topped with a quarter bowl of keif (direct lung). Great for hard hash. Ritualistic. Butane powered.

Can you see a theme here? 😆
It's been a year for me, too. It's still the same three devices but in a slightly different order.

1. Vapman
2. Dynavap Though I'm now favouring the M19 in a DL configuration.
3. Sticky Brick Jr.

And these are the only DHD (Dry Herb Devices) I own. I haven't been tempted by anything else as these cover all the bases for me. I do own a Terp Pen XL but don't use concentrates any more as I prefer flower.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
How does the Atlas complement your other two? I am so tempted to try to pick one up (or the Zenith) when the drops start.
The Atlas has a unique signature compared to the others. All three excel at flavor and power, but the Atlas feels unique. Hard to define exactly as all three are amazing.

Thinking about it deeper I guess I have a type. 😄 I like flavorful devices that can produce a lot of good vapor, especially on glass.

I still love my other logs and my Flowerpot, but these three fit my style more naturally. I have a Zenith on the way and I expect I will love it. I don't know if it will displace any of these. Although maybe this list next year will have the SX and the Zeal at the top.😁

coolbreeze

The z8 is quite literally the best vape ive ever used in nearly every way.
:tup: So good...

It's been a year for me, too. It's still the same three devices but in a slightly different order.

1. Vapman
2. Dynavap Though I'm now favouring the M19 in a DL configuration.
3. Sticky Brick Jr.

And these are the only DHD (Dry Herb Devices) I own. I haven't been tempted by anything else as these cover all the bases for me. I do own a Terp Pen XL but don't use concentrates any more as I prefer flower.
I feel like this is the basic kit for vaporizing success. Each is great in their own right, together they've got you covered.

Top Bottom