What should my next glass purchase be?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
When I called in my custom label request she asked me which I wanted. I hadn't thought about it, actually, but I have dozens of bowls so why not. I'm sure it is glass rather than quartz.

You think mine is glass?

Yours is definitely quartz, no?

Realized I could hold the blue rig up to the sunlight to see inside, perc looks good, the same basically, though these are clearly handmade, they're quite nice I think! :tup:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
When I called in my custom label request she asked me which I wanted. I hadn't thought about it, actually, but I have dozens of bowls so why not. I'm sure it is glass rather than quartz.
Are you referring to the Goo Roo purchase? If so, it's most def quartz... wish I had known, I would've grabbed one for sure...:disgust:

Edit: why does Goo Roo calls bangers "buckets"...? Again... :disgust:

Shit Snacks

Are you referring to the Goo Roo purchase? If so, it's most def quartz... wish I had known, I would've grabbed one for sure...:disgust:

Edit: why does Goo Roo calls bangers buckets...?

Yeah and I got the opaque bottom, and the thermal banger, those are obviously quartz too... It's the China Glass I'm not sure about

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
004.jpg
All roo bangers are quartz.
Just hadda make another adapter buy on the gate this morning lets see how it goes.
009.jpg

005.jpg

The only ones that seem to consistently fit these jackpods.
Love this setup for out and about but do break them sometimes........ usually cleaning them.
👍🏿
That's a Purty blue bottom @Shit Snacks .

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You think mine is glass?

Yours is definitely quartz, no?
Since I am only a flower guy I have no experience with quartz bangers so I really can't judge. It looks exactly the same as the glass of the piece.
Are you referring to the Goo Roo purchase? If so, it's most def quartz... wish I had known, I would've grabbed one for sure...
OK, someone who knows has spoken. :lol: The only banger/nails I have are pieces that came with DHGate glass which I always assumed were just glass. I thought quartz might be less clear, but my thinker lacked any experience to think otherwise.
All roo bangers are quartz.
Yet another knowledgeable source...

Shit Snacks

Since I am only a flower guy I have no experience with quartz bangers so I really can't judge. It looks exactly the same as the glass of the piece.

Haha yeah they do look the same, quartz is identical to glass, your TM stem does not look different than your RBT stem does it? Just different builds, but equally clear...

OK, someone who knows has spoken. :lol: The only banger/nails I have are pieces that came with DHGate glass which I always assumed were just glass. I thought quartz might be less clear, but my thinker lacked any experience to think otherwise.

Okay so the old dome and nail that comes with a lot of DHgate stuff, those are absolutely glass, a quartz banger is a different type of nail entirely (not really a nail, it's a bucket)

Yet another knowledgeable source...

Yeah I actually asked the shop I bought these rigs from why not, I really cannot tell if their bucket banger is quartz or glass lol

Also CaliBear shipped my milk blue straight fab FOL today, well they created a FedEx label, looks like it is actually coming from China (suspected when I didn't see US warehouse on the website like some of the other pieces and make sense that all of the other colors were sold out while this one remained) all good though :cool:

Shit Snacks

Yeah like I said, the supposedly Chinese thermal banger I got from Puff it up was fully perfect, the goo roo one is not so even and clearly handmade with some bubbles too, still working great however and much thicker as well! The first opaque bottom they sent was pretty bad as well, aside from the chip on the top and the mark on the front, but the replacement they sent seems pretty perfect! I will have to inspect the joints again though

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

It's here, and it's beautiful. Way too early in the day for me to test it out loaded, but it hits very nicely with water in it and a TM on top.

It is not perfect, when the joint is pointed right at me the mouthpiece stem points a little to the left, and the perc is not really straight across, but I am having a hard time being troubled by that. Maybe I have gotten too used to China glass. Here is a couple pics.

View attachment 9702View attachment 9703

I am very happy it is here and I will try it out this evening.

The size is really perfect for me.
It's a very nice rig! I have been liking mine more and more with each use. It's a really nice piece for the Flowerpot.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Turns out there is not that much difference in can size between the Large Inline and the FC 187 (Inline is a couple inches taller), tho there is a pretty big difference in can volume due to the wide downstem leading to the matrix perc in the 187. The real, immediately noticable difference between them is the Inline perc which I like MUCH better.
Inline-vs-187-3.jpg

I really think I made a good decision on the labeling. I love the look of a clean can with the logo on the joint. I think I got that idea from @snackmaster .

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Turns out there is not that much difference in can size between the Large Inline and the FC 187 (Inline is a couple inches taller), tho there is a pretty big difference in can volume due to the wide downstem leading to the matrix perc in the 187. The real, immediately noticable difference between them is the Inline perc which I like MUCH better.
Inline-vs-187-3.jpg

I really think I made a good decision on the labeling. I love the look of a clean can with the logo on the joint. I think I got that idea from @snackmaster .

I actually remember vape slut had her logo on the joint, snackmaster only has his on the back by the perc I think?

Anyway glad you are enjoying it, not so surprised honestly, this is why you bought it after all, better perc and form factor and glass quality too!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I actually remember vape slut had her logo on the joint, snackmaster only has his on the back by the perc I think?

Anyway glad you are enjoying it, not so surprised honestly, this is why you bought it after all, better perc and form factor and glass quality too!
You are right. Credit where credit is due. Thanks for the idea @~vapeslut.xo~ . I think it looks great. :nod:

DamnGentleman

I wasn't sure which glass thread to post this in.

Straight Fab got here pretty quick from China! I wasn't sure about the color when I ordered: it's listed as milky blue but it looks purple in Calibear's photos. Here's what the one I received looks like:

I'd call it sky (or Tar Heel) blue, but then again I'm colorblind.

It's slimmer than I expected. It's around the same height as Goo Roo's Large Inline but less unwieldy. I've run a couple of bowls of CBD through it, but I want to use it a bit more before sharing my thoughts. My first impressions are positive, though.

This has been a Public Disservice Announcement. 🤣

Shit Snacks

So @Shit Snacks how is that 4 pillar recycler treating you? So far you seem pretty positive on it for flower? Do you like it better wet or dry :brow:?

Haha yes sir! It is not truly a recycler, perhaps it could be with more water, I have not tried yet with dabs, though it seems more like a simple inline with just some crazy dry tube and pillar paths! So yeah as a result, I am actually really enjoying it dry, used this morning with some coarse ground fresh super jack in my TM multi wpa, the blue one I think is largely going to be a dry piece for me, but we shall see... And yeah for now the clear one is the water tester, messing around a little bit with herbs still, maybe I'll try with dabs later in the week though..

I wasn't sure which glass thread to post this in.

Haha yeah I've been using this one and the new glass thread in Ask FC

Straight Fab got here pretty quick from China! I wasn't sure about the color when I ordered: it's listed as milky blue but it looks purple in Calibear's photos.

Awesome! I have a FedEx tracking number for mine, but it hasn't been received by them yet. Yeah the photos are tough to tell, and I've seen both blues and purples of this opaque glass color, it is the only one in stock though I think because it is in the China warehouse and not the US warehouse like perhaps the other colors were at one point??

Here's what the one I received looks like:

I'd call it sky (or Tar Heel) blue, but then again I'm colorblind.

Haha I think you and Bologna are spot on, a nice pastel blue, will be interesting to see how it compares to the straight spiked tube I have coming that has a little of this color as well... But yeah thank you for this photo because that looks pretty gorgeous and I am excited for mine to arrive!

It's slimmer than I expected. It's around the same height as Goo Roo's Large Inline but less unwieldy. I've run a couple of bowls of CBD through it, but I want to use it a bit more before sharing my thoughts. My first impressions are positive, though.

This has been a Public Disservice Announcement. 🤣

I also like to hear this, it's a good thing I already bit the bullet!

DamnGentleman

Sweet...!

looks almost:

Yeah, I think you're right. Sky blue, periwinkle, lilac - it's somewhere in there, and my masculinity isn't threatened!

Awesome! I have a FedEx tracking number for mine, but it hasn't been received by them yet. Yeah the photos are tough to tell, and I've seen both blues and purples of this opaque glass color, it is the only one in stock though I think because it is in the China warehouse and not the US warehouse like perhaps the other colors were at one point??

Haha I think you and Bologna are spot on, a nice pastel blue, will be interesting to see how it compares to the straight spiked tube I have coming that has a little of this color as well... But yeah thank you for this photo because that looks pretty gorgeous and I am excited for mine to arrive!

You should have it soon! Mine was picked up by FedEx on Thursday and delivered today. My suspicion is that it looks different on their site because those photos were taken on a dreary, overcast day.

Unwieldy you say. Huh. I must disagree. The HD3 maybe, but not the Inline I don't think... :lol:

I was trying to keep it brief, but maybe I put it poorly. I don't think the Goo Roo Large Inline is unwieldy, but the Straight Fab is more nimble. Basically, I wouldn't hold the Goo Roo while using it, whereas the Straight Fab has a narrower base and can and fits in the hand easily. Both are the perfect size for vaping while sitting down at a desk!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was trying to keep it brief, but maybe I put it poorly. I don't think the Goo Roo Large Inline is unwieldy, but the Straight Fab is more nimble. Basically, I wouldn't hold the Goo Roo while using it, whereas the Straight Fab has a narrower base and can and fits in the hand easily. Both are the perfect size for vaping while sitting down at a desk!
No worries, Dude. My vape station is far enough away from my easy chair that I hand hold all my water pieces unless it is a frankenvape assembled with several parts. I have even been hand holding the HD3, but that IS a bit much and I'm still on the honeymoon with it. The Big Inline is only a couple inches taller than the FC-187 and I don't mind holding that one at all but that's me. That straight fab looks like it's a 50mm can and that is definitely easier to hold. :nod:

Shit Snacks

Another arrival today, fastest shipping yet! Ordered June 17 so only 8 days for the tall spiked tube from dgc_glass and the piece is insanely thick, everything looks even and pretty straight actually:

PXL-20210629-062823340.jpg

PXL-20210629-062838016.jpg

Speak of the devil right? The opaque blue of this one is a bit greyer I think, but we will see when the other one arrives to compare directly... I am glad I got it regardless, something different, and seriously it is also a home defense piece for sure! Fucking glass club lol

Anyway function is pretty good, dry with the grasshopper +PA for now, it only has two slits facing downwards for the little inline perc, but regardless I can definitely recommend this shop now as well!

Another flared mouthpiece unfortunately, I am getting a cork whip adapter from Lamart though so that could prove very useful... Also with this being a tall straight piece, right now I have to hold it in use anyway.

Oh @Bad Dog before I realized this package arrived today, I was using the hopper through both the dry blue rig and the clear silver with water, it does work very nice both ways I must say! Nice small unique piece, and while it may not be as thick as this latest arrival, it is pretty thick considering the heady style from the gate!

Last edited:
Top Bottom