What should my next glass purchase be?

~vapeslut.xo~

hello :)

i have 2 glass pieces:
1.) Mobius Sidecar
2.) Sneaky Pete Mega Globe

i own Elev8r and Heat Island log vapes. Sticky Brick OG (currently can't attach to water though)
a PIRO is coming soon though.

Do I want a bigger or smaller piece?
-i love both my pieces but find it sometimes inconvenient to pull them out. So that's one case for a smaller piece.
-however, i'm wondering...those of you with larger pieces. Can they get you higher with the same vape? I'm curious how it affects the "vape signature..."

thanks!

west-elec

Do I smell GAS? Side effect of your VAS, you should get that seen to.😉
You have medium and large well covered imo, so go smaller. Smaller is better if you don't have lung capacity for big hits, since you have to inhale all the empty air before the vapour gets through. However when vapour is allowed to expand it cools automatically, so often it comes to a balance of smallest for adequate cooling.
Many now going dry of course, with no water in the bong or using j hooks, for extra flavour relying on glass and expansion to cool. Dimpled j hooks even better.
I love the glass hammer pipes they sell on dhgate, 6 perc bubbler in a hand pipe. Long vapour path in small package. I like dry but the bubbler has a soft bubble and cools pretty well. Couldn't be more convenient, keep it in a draw, 18mm joint. J hook you are stuck dry this is good either way.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
TL;DR--in my personal experience the very small pieces trade way too much ability to cool leading to uncomfortable larger draws and coughing for not a large improvement in flavor.

I don't personally find that I enjoy the smaller pieces much. I bought one of the MJArsenal mini rigs on a lark and to try concentrates out, and while it looks cute and all I don't find the cooling is very effective--maybe some of their other pieces would be better though?

I think for me I also just prefer taking a big rip from a glass piece like those knock-off moebius pieces--I had one as well, but unfortunately dropped it in my sink right onto the sidecar bit and its no more.

Finally I think the other consideration that I see folks bring up is flavor. It seems like the case that the more percolation going on, the cooler your hits will be, but it sacrifices flavor. Out of my sidecar I still found I got excellent flavor when I took a large hit, but when I was looking into Rooster Apparatus/Fritted Disks the overwhelming majority of experiences gave me pause that it might not be the best move for a vaporizer. I bought something available locally that is similar to the sidecar but more of a conventional rig in terms of shape (not sure what the names are). Its just a showerhead perc and I notice that if I go for broke sometimes it still gets uncomfortable relative to the matrix perc, but it performs well. I've done some window shopping on DHGate for some more conventional bongs with honeycomb percs and trees and all those fancy systems but haven't quite bit the bullet yet--its a lot easier to hide away the more compact rigs if I need to, and cleaning at least the tree percolators seems like it could be a major PITA so I'm still perusing while I use what I've got personally.

edit: Something I haven't necessarily explored as much since getting the WP are dry hits. I have a woodscents and find that the BB9 stem is a night-and-day difference from a direct draw stem (much, much cooler--nothing felt in my throat at all in terms of discomfort from heat until I realized I was about at lung capacity and that did cause a coughing fit after exhaling =) ). Its something I've been meaning to play with more to see how the flavor ends up comparing and if its my preference, but once I got a decent piece of glass it was hard to imagine going back to anything else!

~vapeslut.xo~

I have read some good things about this one!

and i've also seen people mention This one :)

snamuh

ghost
I dont think you could be disappointed by the fc-187 (or the 14mm model). Its almost a must have.

A matrix perc would probably pair well with the elev8r.

Maybe off tooic...but Ime recyclers suck for vapes... I would avoid those.

I have the whip bong the person above me posted. I rarely use it. Idk... It huge... I dont really like it as a daily piece.... Its more of a piece i would use for a social gathering so that it just stays on the table and peoole cant fuckit up.

Im curious about stereo matrix. But i feel like personally i wouldnt like it... Basic is better for vapes plus water. The stero matrix would be awesome for dry no water percolation. But i dont know if it go for it if i planned to use water.

gordontreeman

@~vapeslut.xo~

Personally I hate whips. I've not used them extensively so maybe there's better out there, but keeping them clean and in shape to not affect the taste always seemed impossible to me in my early vaping days or when smoking. I'd agree that for me it would just be something for guests when I'm worried about passing a bong around and breaking it.

I've considered the stereo matrix, just think through your thoughts on flavor vs cooling. If a particular vape is too hot to use otherwise maybe its the move, but you could also just try a lower temp first.

mixchu69

I have read some good things about this one!

and i've also seen people mention This one :)
I love that first piece, the FC-UFO. I never use the whip. It comes with a glass mouthpiece. I broke mine and just purchased another a few days ago.

~vapeslut.xo~

Alright, i have settled on this UFO from Sneaky Pete :)

If anyone has bad things to say about it...speak now or forever hold your 'piece!' Lol

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

If anyone has bad things to say about it...speak now or forever hold your 'piece!' Lol
That's super cute. Will it clean easily enough ya think?

I considered the larger dhgate one you listed yesterday but decided against adding a taller piece since I hardly even use my D020-d. The other one from two posts ago is a "rattlecan". Be aware those get filled with water almost to the top compared to the matrix sidecar and FC-187 or whatever it's called.

Honestly those were my two finalists before I proceeded to get nothing at all so better to get advice from somebody who actually owns those. The UFO one looks small for the price and both my Splinter Zs and Tinymight need an 18mm joint so I'm not as tempted as I'd otherwise be.

Lol, check out my helpful advice: the big one is too big and the small one is too small. And I don't even use water!

510vaporent

I have been considering that one too. I didn’t know sneaky Pete carried it. I have link for the same piece without the logo for $10 more if you want.

My concern with it is that it looks like i would have to pick it up to hit it rather than have it rest on a table

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
@~vapeslut.xo~
I must say, it's been fun watching your journey from afar, as well, the forum's reaction.... it's refreshing.

Just to let you know, if you don't already, that it's not necessary to go the extra step with hosting your images on Imgur to post here. They can be "hot-linked" or taken as a "snapshot" on your phone or desktop and directly uploaded in your post... just videos need to be hosted elsewhere.

Anyway, please carry on... :tup::peace: ✌️

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
This one looks pretty good for anyone looking

I own this if anyone has any questions... please ask away...!

(hitting some White Christmas live resin right now with it, too.... :tup: Indica for breakfast! :smug: )

Last edited:

gordontreeman

This one looks pretty good for anyone looking

That actually looks fantastic. I dig the modular nature to swap things out or just make cleaning easier. The only thing holding me back from instantly hitting pause is that I did kind of prefer the showerhead perc on the matrix sidecar to the shower head disc (seemed to be noticeably cooler to me for not much flavor sacrifice). Definitely tempting for easier cleaning though, and American glass is a nice bonus.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
That actually looks fantastic. I dig the modular nature to swap things out or just make cleaning easier. The only thing holding me back from instantly hitting pause is that I did kind of prefer the showerhead perc on the matrix sidecar to the shower head disc (seemed to be noticeably cooler to me for not much flavor sacrifice). Definitely tempting for easier cleaning though, and American glass is a nice bonus.
Wow, they raised the price recently... bummer.

Just so you know, I'm almost positive this is NOT American glass... just designed and kitted here, I believe.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Just so you know, I'm almost positive this is NOT American glass... just designed and kitted here, I believe.
Yeah, “engineered, designed, and assembled in the USA” just sounds like a really elaborate way of saying it was built somewhere else.

Frankly I find that more deceptive than simply saying it was made in China, or India.

~vapeslut.xo~

I own this if anyone has any questions... please ask away...!

(hitting some White Christmas live resin right now with it, too.... :tup: Indica for breakfast! :smug: )
yes i have questions! lol.
thank you for joining the thread!:peace::peace::peace:
what are those red clips? i've seen them now on several waterpipes...

i think i am still, subconsciously looking for, the "bong" experience.
the Mobius was the bong i used for flower, but with a vape...
it's different. LMAO its hard to explain but i hardly think i need to!

so my question is, basically, how does that compare to the UFO,
or if you had to make your most educated guess? :science::bowdown::bowdown::lol:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
yes i have questions! lol.
thank you for joining the thread!:peace::peace::peace:
what are those red clips? i've seen them now on several waterpipes...

i think i am still, subconsciously looking for, the "bong" experience.
the Mobius was the bong i used for flower, but with a vape...
it's different. LMAO its hard to explain but i hardly think i need to!

so my question is, basically, how does that compare to the UFO,
or if you had to make your most educated guess? :science::bowdown::bowdown::lol:
You're very welcome, but I'm certainly not the most knowledgeable person on the subject... just willing to help where I can.

The clips are "keck" clips and hold the pieces securely together.

Yes, as @invertedisdead said, this is not a bong, and therefore isn't a "tube" style. And no big body to "stack" vapor, the can is actually quite small. These are "rigs" designed primarily around dabbing... tho they work well for flower vapes, too.

Last edited:

~vapeslut.xo~

Have you considered getting a real bong?

A lot of bubbler recommendations in this thread, but sometimes nothing does the trick quite like a classic beaker or straight tube bong.

The clips a "keck" clips and hold the pieces securely together.

Yes, as @invertedisdead said, this is not a bong, and therefore isn't a "tube" style. And no big body to "stack" vapor, the can is actually quite small. These are "rigs" designed primarily around dabbing... tho they work well for flower vapes, too.
oh shoot. this is a big difference i hadn't thought about!
yeesh..hmm...

hmm....

grr...lol! i hafta go watch more videos i guess:doh:

EDIT: So i am curious how these three stack up.
-Rattle Can FC-710
-Sneaky Pete UFO
-"Fab Egg"

against my Mobius, or the Mega Globe...

(the "whip" square piece seems too similar to my Mobius)

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Yeah, “engineered, designed, and assembled in the USA” just sounds like a really elaborate way of saying it was built somewhere else.

Frankly I find that more deceptive than simply saying it was made in China, or India.
Yeah 100% agree. I guess I should have read the full disclaimer. I just saw that not every piece had the Murica flag and figured, "damn, they must actually produce some?" The pieces without it I was pretty confident were just China glass given the similarities to DHGate pieces--not that I should say that is necessarily bad, I loved my sidecar. I just don't appreciate the dishonesty.

Top Bottom