What should my next glass purchase be?

~vapeslut.xo~

But i think maybe there is something wrong with my Elev8r then. ... Not much to go wrong with the ELEV8R as it interacts with a glass piece, I mean it's an oven pulled through a 14.4 male coupler. What am I missing, maybe I can improve on something I am not aware of? Thanks
Ah well i was just thinking, perhaps I have the screen in the hole too far?
Maybe too many rubies are in the heater? Something like that.:doh:

I get the desire for bigger, it is not an uncommon refrain. :lol: I personally was worried about TOO big, but that worry has been alleviated since with more pictures and testimonials.

It would be interesting to see the 2 pieces side by side. Some part of the appearance of the bigger mouthpiece tube may be an optical illusion caused by the narrower can, tho it still is likely a little bigger. It does seem taller.

Part of the reason I didn't go with @snackmaster removable stem even tho I like pieces that come apart for cleaning is that in this case I think the integrated MP tube will actually make it easier to clean with more direct access to the perc. The removable stem is cooler looking to me, but I think the original design may be easier. I like easy.
I won't rest until I've tried every perc that exists! LMAO.
I have never tried a perc like the HD3, where it is that loong downstem with holes at the bottom.
What does it feel like compared to another?:sherlock:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I won't rest until I've tried every perc that exists! LMAO.
I have never tried a perc like the HD3, where it is that loong downstem with holes at the bottom.
What does it feel like compared to another?:sherlock:
It is a very very smooth perc. It purrs and it doesn't feel chuggy at all. I like it a lot. I have never had a perc like this before either. I have been putting about 2 inches of water in it, and it might feel chuggier with more. Two inches of water and all that space cools the vapor very well. I could easily double the amount of water I am using. Maybe I'll try that tonight. The can is a bit more than 8 inches tall before it starts to narrow.

~vapeslut.xo~

So I love my PIRO!!
1623724555542.png

I get GREAT airflow and hits from it!!
So...I am thinking, either there is an airflow, or a temperature problem.
How hot does the PIRO get?
Because the Elev8r, I run it at 475-500 and it doesn't give me as much vapor as the PIRO.
But, perhaps the PIRO is getting hotter?

If thats not the case then the Elev8r heater must have an airflow problem, I could try removing more rubies...

Pulled out my large inline tonight to rip with the Woodscents! Pass through adapter by oregon glass blower.

1-DEE1-C38-2659-4545-8-C31-01-D533-FE391-C.jpg

~vapeslut.xo~

You actually need to inhale harder with a ball vape as you’re moving less air through it then you think from the draw restriction.
I tend to take the biggest possible hits I can with every vape I own!
Until my lungs nearly burst :doh: Hello, old bong habits!! LMAO.

I know it's not the best for me but that's what usually happens lol.
So i have definitely tested the ELEV8R in that regard!

The PIRO is still going strong!!
I just love how small and portable, and I'm getting ELEV8R-sized hits from it (pre my-V8R-problems)
But it doesn't give me the same high of course, the almost-trippy high I get from the V8R ;)

Dont worry, I'm still stoned! Yay. LMAO.

If I were to get any of my gals started on vaping, I would get them a PIRO!!
Just a lovely device! :spliff::spliff::spliff:.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If thats not the case then the Elev8r heater must have an airflow problem, I could try removing more rubies...
You actually need to inhale harder with a ball vape as you’re moving less air through it then you think from the draw restriction.

Oh yeah this makes sense, I recently discovered that with my G43 after upgrading it to rubies, along with also increasing my wattage, I can get massive thick strong rips through it now... It really takes some more deep concentrated long steady rip... Probably too strong for my needs, I don't know mixed feelings on it, I can't wait for your inverzion instead lol

You better believe it and we can all blame @~vapeslut.xo~ LOL
Both VAS and GAS were re-activated after lying dormant for several years!

Haha yeah I really thought I did not have the itch for glass and yet... Here I am four DHgate orders later planning one more!

Oh and my replacement opaque bottom quartz banger from gooroo arrived today, very quick turnaround, and this one is absolutely perfect I must say!!

~vapeslut.xo~

Oh yeah this makes sense, I recently discovered that with my G43 after upgrading it to rubies, along with also increasing my wattage, I can get massive thick strong rips through it now... It really takes some more deep concentrated long steady rip Probably too strong for my needs, I don't know mixed feelings, I can't wait for your inverzion instead lol

Haha yeah I really thought I did not have the itch for glass and yet... Here I am four DHgate orders later planning at least one more!

Oh and my replacement opaque bottom quartz banger from gooroo arrived today, very quick turnaround, and this one is absolutely perfect I must say!!
Oo...you know, i have never gone above 550 really, in my Elev8r. I think I did 600 once.
But this whole time I have been only using the 420 - 500 range because any higher,
it gets very hot, compared to the amount of vapor I'm getting.

Let me try to specify that part: Upon the firt Elev8r hit, I get a great hit.
Maybe a good second and third. The hits after that, I have to pull very VERY hard, or very very slooow, and THEN hard.
So, i am basically sucking on the hot air, I feel like? I dont know.

Liek the PIRO probably gets hotter with the butane, but the vapor isn't as hot because i dont spend as much time in haling!
Whew. I think thats what I mean.

Also AVB doesn't get very dark at all in the Elev8r coil. AVB got darker in the torch version though! I dont know if that matters...

what temperature do you use on your G43, did i ask that?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Haha yeah I really thought I did not have the itch for glass and yet... Here I am four DHgate orders later planning one more!

It's good to have people in the thread that make me feel less over the top about my excess. :lol:

I tried 4" of water in the HD3. It IS chuggier as expected, but not as chuggy as some pieces I use. The extra water makes the stacking bubbles coat more glass. But it didn't really seem to cool any better than 2 inches. So, now I know it will work fine with more if I have a reason to use more, using less seems more ideal.

Shit Snacks

what temperature do you use on your G43, did i ask that?

Oh sorry there is no temperature control with the G43, just wattage, you'll have to take your E43 questions to that thread because I don't know much more!

It's good to have people in the thread that make me feel less over the top about my excess. :lol:

Hey now, I've only spent like $170 on those four though, and yeah I needed to buy the bangers from gooroo for $40 I swear!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
We'll be about even after you get your bangers but that's only cause you guys are trying to yank me away from china glass. I do love it (well, I haven't seen the Inline yet) but it's a lot more $$.

Next y'all will have me dabbing and getting into that whole can of worms...

@Shit Snacks almost had me buying a rosin press a year or two ago. I'm tellen ya y'all are bad influences. My mama warned me...

And @arb, how did you escape my bitchin? :lol:

And @CrazyDiamond too. I'd call a mod but they'd be right behind ya. I'm tellin you this place isn't safe....

Shit Snacks

We'll be about even after you get your bangers but that's only cause you guys are trying to yank me away from china glass. I do love it (well, I haven't seen the Inline yet) but it's a lot more $$.

I have the bangers, it's the rigs that are the long wait from China! I do have the biaoT purple klein recycler from reddit already too... that did wet my appetite a bit, not a bad deal $50 when I've seen them for $42 on the gate) but yeah I am getting that $26-?? sunshine thing probably lol

Next y'all will have me dabbing and getting into that whole can of worms...

I would say keep it simple, basic little quartz banger, with big torch (BluSky Amazon $25), then you just need a little tiny bit of pure concentrate and get the timing right for low temp dabs... But there's no reason to go there honestly, I only got more into it because of a friend in person, and that in turn led to my brother getting into it as well, so no need to expose yourself purposefully? :rofl:

@Shit Snacks almost had me buying a rosin press a year or two ago. I'm tellen ya y'all are bad influences. My mama warned me...

Okay your memory's playing tricks on you again, because that was definitely not me! I don't have one of those and have never used one or seen one used... I have tried Rosin though purchased and it is quite nice (tried pressing my own ones with a friend and a hair straightener years ago lol)

But anyway I'm glad you got the large inline I'll admit, but I will help you stand strong!... if that's what you want... :D:evil:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I see you guys over in the cheap glass thread hawking china glass. Can't fool me...

"I beg of you Monsieur, watch yourself, be on guard, this place is full of vultures, vultures everywhere, everywhere…"

Okay your memory's playing tricks on you again, because that was definitely not me!
That might have been flying low again. Don't know why I mix you up. Sorry.

Shit Snacks

Large inline function video... featuring the woodscents by @Ed's TnT

Very nice!

Am I correct that your holes on the inline are facing downwards (except for the ones on the sides) as opposed to some others here where they are facing upwards? Maybe I am just miss seeing, I think you also cut it without logos though...

Damn it if I'm still not tempted, and maybe still for the version that is modular customized... Shut up @cybrguy (not going to do it anytime soon at least)

Shit Snacks

I think these are better seller options for that mothership seed of life knockoff inverted shower head klein rig you liked (both on sale now btw): $52 popularglass version (probably a bit better function, recycler tube sizes based on reviews) and $41 smokingglass version (nice reviews, see their photos below, fine function I think!)

Screenshot-20210616-132606.png

This is popu glass on left, smok glass on right:
Screenshot-20210616-133057.png

So yeah this seems like a solid piece, for sure dabbing with quartz banger, but I think it would also be good for herbs perhaps??

Cannot seem to find any with the perc holes like this piece though, @cybrguy said it was seed of life design, but the mothership seems to have side slits like the pieces linked above? Cannot find any other style really, seems like those holes and slits in the x shape, are very rare!

Inverted shower head options!

However I was able to find the below now, similar style inverted shower head perc, however full of holes in the disc, no slits at all, kind of like a mini honeycomb?? And instead of a client recycler above it, there is a fab egg cylinder with holes? However I am seeing two slightly different styles, across four postings from the same seller lol

Screenshot-20210616-134231.png

So bottom left, is from the posting, and I think it looks less effective maybe? The photo to the right of it on the bottom, is from a user review (pretty positive btw) However the top two photos are from other user reviews I think another posting, and that looks to be a more effective design?? Like this one:

Screenshot-20210616-134602.png

So yeah across four listings, I have to figure out which one has reviews with the style above, to ensure that is the one I got? Also there are price variations, $33-36 I think, but this seems to be typical dhgate honestly and I presume they are all the same, I could message to ensure I get the style I like... Definitely feeling the purple of course! But I am not rushing into this one now, I promise lol

Lobby

:razz:I’ve been down with bad migraines for a week now and have not been keeping up with the thread like I wanted to. I did want to say I went with the welded single perc beaker from Goo Roo as suggested by @arb and I love it!:razz: I asked for the most cooling and I’m sure I got it. Thanks for the advice @arb.

arb

Semi shaved ape
:razz:I’ve been down with bad migraines for a week now and have not been keeping up with the thread like I wanted to. I did want to say I went with the welded single perc beaker from Goo Roo as suggested by @arb and I love it!:razz: I asked for the most cooling and I’m sure I got it. Thanks for the advice @arb.
Super glad you like it and I hope you stay feeling better.
😍

Shit Snacks

Inverted shower head options!

And now that I finally realized exactly what seed of life perc really is, Mothership OG but clean clear glass knocked off now sold by calibear only... The similar designs I linked above on DHgate do not have the same type of perc diffusion aside from the other quality control things...

So now I am looking at calibear and see this fab egg one for $93:
Screenshot-20210616-170842.png

And this plain inverted shower head fountain without any recycler for $69:
Screenshot-20210616-171020.png

So naturally I am now asking if they might be able to sell me the above one, with an 18mm male joint instead of the mouthpiece perhaps... I mean I'm not even sure that would be the ideal airflow and diffusion for modular rigging, but I can't seem to stop researching!

And check out this heady klein funnel one for $150:
Screenshot-20210616-172241.png

Though I like this old heady one from Instagram even more:
Screenshot-20210616-164538.png

Either way too expensive, but still!

Shit Snacks

Took me a long time to find an affordable Klein Recycler with proper SOF (seed of life) perc, made in US.
Looks like it’s currently out of stock.

View attachment 9262View attachment 9263

That is a nice one and not a bad price! I do prefer a more bent mouthpiece however...

CaliBear replied that they cannot customize now, but hopefully in the future, I did recommend they offer the plain perc with can and 18 mm male on top as a standard, then I could just order direct whenever available and I'm sure many people would want then this way as well!

Meanwhile I found another option from China, if I want to get the complete rig with fab egg above fountain instead of klein funnel, with the side slits on the top part of the shower head fountain disc (like most of the klein knockoffs) instead of the holes on top more honeycomb style like the one shown in my post above...

This frosted one is $26.50 right now and this purple one is $27.50 right now, less even with coupon, so also cheaper than this honeycomb version from the other seller... So obviously for me, purple vs purple, but which one do I go with, side slits or top holes?? :uhoh::lol::rolleyes:

Screenshot-20210616-190637.png

So the one on top is the first one I was showing, with the honeycomb holes, and the one on the bottom is this new one with the top side slits... I think there is a quality difference, that the prices represent, based on the stores quality from what I can tell? But both are fine really, so the question is which is better, do I have to try both???

The place that does the more expensive honeycomb version, I could ask them to do a custom perhaps with male joint? Maybe I should get rid of the egg then, I'm not sure if that would be useful or not...

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
That is a nice one and not a bad price! I do prefer a more bent mouthpiece however...

CaliBear replied that they cannot customize now, but hopefully in the future, I did recommend they offer the plain perc with can and 18 mm male on top as a standard, then I could just order direct whenever available and I'm sure many people would want then this way as well!

Meanwhile I found another option from China, if I want to get the complete rig with fab egg above fountain instead of klein funnel, with the side slits on the top part of the shower head fountain disc (like most of the klein knockoffs) instead of the holes on top more honeycomb style like the one shown in my post above...

This frosted one is $26.50 right now and this purple one is $27.50 right now, less even with coupon, so also cheaper than this honeycomb version from the other seller... So obviously for me, purple vs purple, but which one do I go with, side slits or top holes?? :uhoh::lol::rolleyes:

Screenshot-20210616-190637.png

So the one on top is the first one I was showing, with the honeycomb holes, and the one on the bottom is this new one with the top side slits... I think there is a quality difference, that the prices represent, based on the stores quality from what I can tell? But both are fine really, so the question is which is better, do I have to try both???

The place that does the more expensive honeycomb version, I could ask them to do a custom perhaps with male joint? Maybe I should get rid of the egg then, I'm not sure if that would be useful or not...

GOOD EYE, I don’t like the short MP either. I shelved all the rigs I have that move lots of water. I prefer small and simple now. I always seem to go back to the NV/CannabisHardware 14mm Rig, made by TAG.
GOOD LUCK to all, on their glass discovery journey.

Top Bottom