What should my next glass purchase be?

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
While I am still considering this guy, the sheer size of the HD3 is giving me pause as it was much larger than I had expected, or at least it feels much larger. I will be interested how you evaluate the big Inline after a few days.

Of course there is no requirement to always whitewall the can even it is something I like to do on occasion or even often, but the HD3 just really isn't ideal for normal or especially microdose style hits which I also like to do. I suspect the same will be true of the big inline. Maybe one really big piece is enough for me.

Shall we petition Goo Roo for a Medium Inline? :nod: I'm afraid the small one won't have enough water for me.

From the pictures in this thread, the large inline doesn't seem too bad. The small still looks too much like a bubbler to me, while the large seems comparable to most of the mid-sized DH gate rigs. I'm not familiar with the FC model numbers (as I didn't even know that was a thing before this thread) but it looks to be comparable to e.g. a mobius side car knock off based on that generic stereo perc knock off comparison picture. I have no problem white walling that and then some with what I think most would call a microdose in my woodscents.

100% agree that the HD3 is larger than I expected. It looks like a beaut, but your pictures gave me pause as to whether or not it would fit my needs, but the large inline seems more reasonable.

Not to say I'm still not tempted by the HD3 of course! That + a vape capable of larger doses might be something in the future for me for weekends when I can be a bit more festive :lol:

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I will still probably get the HD3 to replace my combustion stained Sheldon Black that I still use daily to vape flower...especially if I can convince Joda to let it sit in his kiln for a bit to make it clear again...and I'd have to ship it to him.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Agreed, I had a nice little DM chat with him the other day. He says he's been very busy doing production pieces and his hope is by October to start doing more customs and what he likes...he said that doing production is "a little soul crushing". He also told me something that I never thought about...he had a very hard time getting Oxygen for his torches because it was all going to hospitals...he said he made his own DIY Oxygen generator...pretty cool.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
And more reviews/opinions on the Large Inline. I still can't eliminate it. :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree with @gordontreeman I'm not sure why you think it is going to be so huge? From all the photos we've seen of the large inline here, it seems pretty close to the size of my inline honeycomb, which is a standard D020 whatever style can, maybe only slightly larger if even?? I understand that you might just be a little shell shocked, because that HD3 absolutely that one is clearly larger in your photos than it seemed previously lol

Agreed, I had a nice little DM chat with him the other day. He says he's been very busy doing production pieces and his hope is by October to start doing more customs and what he likes...he said that doing production is "a little soul crushing". He also told me something that I never thought about...he had a very hard time getting Oxygen for his torches because it was all going to hospitals...he said he made his own DIY Oxygen generator...pretty cool.

Oh damn, yeah I remember when JoDa stopped doing customs here, it was just about when I was having him do some RBT WPA for me, after an attempted tube salvage... Dealing with our community of nitpickers takes a lot out of someone! :uhoh::lol:

Shit Snacks

The large inline isn’t gigantic. It’s about 12” from base to mouthpiece. I can whitewall the can with a Woodscents and a Dynavap. Here are some videos I posted on Reddit a while back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Milking/comments/hlf0yo
https://www.reddit.com/r/Milking/comments/hmb8ea

Nice! Damn I still want one, that looks like such a perfect perc for vaping... It does seem slightly taller and wider than my chinese can, the female joint is of course much taller being the height of the can, more handmade looking glass with the rounded edges and super thick! Future pick up...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah I agree with @gordontreeman I'm not sure why you think it is going to be so huge? From all the photos we've seen of the large inline here, it seems pretty close to the size of my inline honeycomb, which is a standard D020 whatever style can, maybe only slightly larger if even?? I understand that you might just be a little shell shocked, because that HD3 absolutely that one is clearly larger in your photos than it seemed previously lol
I'll let ya get away with comparing these 65mm can pieces to the FC-187 which is also a 65mm can (see page 11), but to compare them to the D020 (see page 10), I don't really think so. Yes, the Big Inline will be shorter than the HD3, but it will still be a 65mm can and still quite large compared to the D020.
I am more than happy to keep evaluating it, but this time I want to keep my eyes open. More opinions, Like @letter never sent 's are certainly welcome and solicited. A pic of the big Inline next to the D020 would also be instructive. I suspect the small inline would be more comparable.

I keep going back and forth in my head with each post about it, and I'm not even high.

Shit Snacks

I'll let ya get away with comparing these 65mm can pieces to the FC-187 which is also a 65mm can (see page 11), but to compare them to the D020 (see page 10), I don't really think so. Yes, the Big Inline will be shorter than the HD3, but it will still be a 65mm can and still quite large compared to the D020.
I am more than happy to keep evaluating it, but this time I want to keep my eyes open. More opinions, Like @letter never sent 's are certainly welcome and solicited. A pic of the big Inline next to the D020 would also be instructive. I suspect the small inline would be more comparable.

I keep going back and forth in my head with each post about it, and I'm not even high.

Sorry I do not mean the actual D020 that thing is tiny, but my inline honeycomb has the same can as a lot of those other, like D020-T or whatever I think my first one was called with the ratchet perc, I guess it is a little small, you're probably right... Yeah the larger can from my yingmin matrix did feel too big, but also the perc was the problem? Hmmm we need small inline compared to the big inline too, @arb did you get both??

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Remember also that due to the website I was expecting the HD3 to come with a 50mm can. That 65mm can kinda shocked me a little. And I am absolutely loving it, don't get me wrong, it will just (probably) be too big for daily use. I am thinking of the Inline more for daily use. And 2 or 3 ounces of water as the little inline is estimated, is more like the D020, and not enough water for me.

How tall is the can itself on the big Inline, before the mouthpiece tube?

arb

Semi shaved ape
003.jpg

002.jpg

Holds exactly 2 ounces of water for me Woodscents for scale.......ain't it cute.
💏

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I told y'all months ago the smaller Goo Roo 3-piece bubbler was pretty freakin big, but noooo.... no one listens.... you hardcores have to go all HD and shit and get yourselves Goo'd up proper!

is it my DD glass piece? nope, I don't really have one cuz I'm constantly mixing shit up. What it is, is my most universal glass piece and great to have sitting there all the time just itchin for the call, as it ALWAYS performs well!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Dang it, now I'm looking at the larger inline too...stop it GAS!!!!
Yeah me three (me six?) and I don't hardly use water!

but to compare them to the D020 (see page 10), I don't really think so.
I think @Shit Snacks meant the D020-D. The small inline I ordered is due to arrive Monday so I can share a side-by-side with the D020-D to at least see the baby bubblers together for scale. Large inline standing next to the D020-D or small inline would be more useful though

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah me three (me six?) and I don't hardly use water!

I think @Shit Snacks meant the D020-D. The small inline I ordered is due to arrive Monday so I can share a side-by-side with the D020-D to at least see the baby bubblers together for scale. Large inline standing next to the D020-D or small inline would be more useful though
Much more comparable. I keep forgetting about that one as I skipped it cause I had the187.
Thanks for the pictures. To each their own, but this confirms my suspicions that for my preferences this would be waaaaaaay too small. Dig that WS btw!
I think I am in agreement with you. If I get either of them (did I hear giggles) it will be the larger one. I think... :lol:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I personally am not even remotely interested in the small inline....need moar water.
Yeah I'm with you. Like @cybrguy said you don't strictly have to whitewall a larger piece, but if I'm going through water whats the fun in that =). Plus if I'm already loosing some flavor I want it to be good and cool so I can enjoy a large-ish hit.

Shit Snacks

Much more comparable. I keep forgetting about that one as I skipped it cause I had the187.

Yeah I forgot they all had different canned size, I went with the regular 187 I think? Not the side car version... That is definitely larger, 65 mm?? But yeah I think my original ratchet D020-T from Sunshine was same can as D020-D from Sunshine, which would be the same can as my inline honeycomb from Kathy! Under 50mm??

I think I am in agreement with you. If I get either of them (did I hear giggles) it will be the larger one. I think... :lol:

Haha yeah, I might have been more interested in the small, ironically without the base, that makes it seem more like a handheld piece, with the base it seems like it should be on the table but the sidecar mouthpiece make that inconvenient to hunch over...

I'm not sure I would mind the lower water level, that is what I am used to, like with my inline honeycomb, but yeah the ergonomics in use... Curious about a sidecar but maybe I just would not like it regardless? I just like the idea of visualizing the vapor in the can, instead of the mouthpiece on top like I am used to...

~vapeslut.xo~

GR7.jpg

And more reviews/opinions on the Large Inline. I still can't eliminate it. :rolleyes:
I think the Large Inline is so lovely, but also a bit too similar to my Mobius.
It hits quite differently, yet I might prefer the HD3 bubbler!:horse:
If i had a chance to try it out.

Regardless! The Large Inline is in my opinion:
-Not that large:haw:
-Incredibly well-built:borg:
-Smooth and sexy ;):mmmm:

I think it should be called a Medium Inline!:rofl:
But not sure if @letter never sent would agree ;)

GR5.JPG
GR2.jpg
GR1.jpg
GR3.jpg

Attachments

• GR7.jpg
    GR7.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 12
Top Bottom