What’s the “healthiest” vaporizer?

Mr. Lahey

From what I read, you can’t set it to a specific temp and that concerned me, but maybe I need to forget about that because I’ve seen it recommended elsewhere. Or maybe I’m misunderstanding something? It does have “foreign” parts, but I’m not sure where from or if that’s an issue. I should probably revisit it.

I completely understand. If I'm not mistaken, the heating element may actually be stainless steel but coated in ceramic (don't quote me, could be all ceramic). Extremely durable. I leave mine on quite a bit and it has gone weeks without being turned off. Not sure where it is produced, though. 7th Floor claims the glass comes from many countries including USA, Germany, Czech Republic, China.

I've come close to pulling the trigger on many devices only to have the same safety concerns you have. So glad I chose Da Buddah years ago. The cleanliness kind of made me fall in love with it again recently.

Tweakz

I would also recommend that you get to know Lotus vaporizer. if you are concerned about health safety and steam quality. I've had this for more than 6 months .

Chainfish

The cleanest airpath would be the all glass elev8r but can see is already in your discard pile. Am a big fan of 7th floor products and the LSV is my daily go to. Had my dabuddha bout 5yrs and my LSV for 4. Haven't owned a SSV but had my brothers for a long term loan and loved it(original wand and heater cover). For me, my fave way to consume.
The Dyna is a good choice and still use mine regularly. Bit of a learning curve but if you respect the click, no issue. I don't think you get as cleaner tasting vapor as with something like the vaponic but is still very good

AcidFlashbang

The safest vapes to me seem to be: Tubo/tetra series vapes, the elev8r, the nomad, vapcaps, the flowerpot, and the herborizer. Almost all the other vapes on the market have some minor material concerns such as ceramic coils (unstudied claims say that the ceramic coils may shed microscopic glass-like particles)[https://versedvaper.com/are-ceramic-coils-safe/] or compounds such as carbon fiber which can potentially offgas or release harmful particulates from mechanical stress.
Here are some studies for your reading pleasure:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4718604/ (this one is good because it uses multiple common vapes)

http://cannabis-med.org/index.php?tpl=journal&id=136&lng=en (also uses the Volcano + shows composition of smoke)

http://cannabis-med.org/index.php?tpl=journal&id=230&lng=en (water filtration reduces ratio of THC:tar meaning you need to consume more tar to get an equivalent dose of THC when compared to unfiltered. Although vaping shouldn't release tar unless you char the bud it will still cause some of your vapor to condense and not be inhaled. New studies are warranted to investigate further)

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@AcidFlashbang – Thx for those links, the last one I was actually searching for for ages (wanted to read it, then lost it).

Referring to water filtration: it's true that the smoothness comes at a bit of a cost, but as you say, unless you combust no tar should be generated anyway (so the tar / thc ratio is not relevant here). I personally think that if you are looking for smooth vapor, I'm sure you'll accept a little loss of effect. The difference in my experience is not too big, the loss of taste seems more dramatic to me.

narwhalsgetme

The cleanest airpath would be the all glass elev8r but can see is already in your discard pile. Am a big fan of 7th floor products and the LSV is my daily go to. Had my dabuddha bout 5yrs and my LSV for 4. Haven't owned a SSV but had my brothers for a long term loan and loved it(original wand and heater cover). For me, my fave way to consume.
The Dyna is a good choice and still use mine regularly. Bit of a learning curve but if you respect the click, no issue. I don't think you get as cleaner tasting vapor as with something like the vaponic but is still very good
Thanks for the tips! The glass elev8r intimidated me and that’s the only reason I took it off the list. I’ve never used something like that and it looked complicated. But I’m happy to learn too, so maybe I should take another look and check for some instructional videos on it.

narwhalsgetme,
Reactions: Chainfish

narwhalsgetme

The safest vapes to me seem to be: Tubo/tetra series vapes, the elev8r, the nomad, vapcaps, the flowerpot, and the herborizer. Almost all the other vapes on the market have some minor material concerns such as ceramic coils (unstudied claims say that the ceramic coils may shed microscopic glass-like particles)[https://versedvaper.com/are-ceramic-coils-safe/] or compounds such as carbon fiber which can potentially offgas or release harmful particulates from mechanical stress.
Here are some studies for your reading pleasure:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4718604/ (this one is good because it uses multiple common vapes)

http://cannabis-med.org/index.php?tpl=journal&id=136&lng=en (also uses the Volcano + shows composition of smoke)

http://cannabis-med.org/index.php?tpl=journal&id=230&lng=en (water filtration reduces ratio of THC:tar meaning you need to consume more tar to get an equivalent dose of THC when compared to unfiltered. Although vaping shouldn't release tar unless you char the bud it will still cause some of your vapor to condense and not be inhaled. New studies are warranted to investigate further)
Thanks so much for this! I’ll check out those links for sure. I didn’t know about the ceramic so thank you for letting me know that too. I want to get the tetra p80 but it’s not in production right now because of the pandemic. The elev8r intimidated me because I’ve never used something like that. But I was just saying that I should probably revisit it and just learn it since it seems the cleanest option.

narwhalsgetme,

Mr. Lahey

I've been considering this from VGoodiez: https://vgoodiez.com/collections/the-heavies/products/elev8r-no-enail-bundle

seems the price just increased $10. Can anyone comment on the value in this bundle?

narwhalsgetme, this Elev8r is the cleanest vapor path currently available, in my opinion. I've been considering it for the same reason.

With the bundle above, you can remove the coil and use with a butane torch for on-the-go if you would like.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
not sure why Fury Edge is on that list = stainless steel isolated pathways for clean air to enter to then be heated by an isolated stainless steel heater coil in that isolated air path... leads into a stainless herb chamber .. my set up with that vape is all glass WPA ( water pipe adapter) insert to be heated by that isolated pathway ETC .... very clean tasting vapor and no toxic off gassing form internal electronics ETC....

I had some serious smell and taste issues with the Fierce and I think the Fury is a similar build. The funk from the burn-offs were so bad that it permeated the room I did them in and I couldn't ever get it to stop. The early reviews by some of the more well known reviewers mentioned it as well.

My experience with the Fierce turned me off their products BUT there was a mention by HR that they changed the build to rectify the smell/taste issue so it may be fine now. There were others who mentioned it in the Fierce thread. I kept up with the Fierce thread for awhile after and the issue hadn't resurfaced but I haven't checked the thread in awhile. If it weren't for the mention of respiratory issues I probably wouldn't have mentioned it.

The cleanest vape I know is the Vapexhale Cloud EVO but it isn't portable and is slow to temp. It's also my favorite vape for taste.

narwhalsgetme

I've been considering this from VGoodiez: https://vgoodiez.com/collections/the-heavies/products/elev8r-no-enail-bundle

seems the price just increased $10. Can anyone comment on the value in this bundle?

narwhalsgetme, this Elev8r is the cleanest vapor path currently available, in my opinion. I've been considering it for the same reason.

With the bundle above, you can remove the coil and use with a butane torch for on-the-go if you would like.
Thanks! I’ll take a look. I’ll need an instructional video I think to learn how to use it though! :lol:

narwhalsgetme,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Almost all the other vapes on the market have some minor material concerns such as ceramic coils (unstudied claims say that the ceramic coils may shed microscopic glass-like particles)

Just putting a glass joint inside a matching glass joint could shed microscopic glass particles.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Green Kiwi

Mr. Lahey

Just putting a glass joint inside a matching glass joint could shed microscopic glass particles.

I've thought about this recently. Even with 7th Floor products, when inserting/removing ground glass wands, the sound of glass-on-glass almost makes me wince.

Edit: At least with smoking, your lungs are able to eventually remove the particulates deposited.

narwhalsgetme

I had some serious smell and taste issues with the Fierce and I think the Fury is a similar build. The funk from the burn-offs were so bad that it permeated the room I did them in and I couldn't ever get it to stop. The early reviews by some of the more well known reviewers mentioned it as well.

My experience with the Fierce turned me off their products BUT there was a mention by HR that they changed the build to rectify the smell/taste issue so it may be fine now. There were others who mentioned it in the Fierce thread. I kept up with the Fierce thread for awhile after and the issue hadn't resurfaced but I haven't checked the thread in awhile. If it weren't for the mention of respiratory issues I probably wouldn't have mentioned it.

The cleanest vape I know is the Vapexhale Cloud EVO but it isn't portable and is slow to temp. It's also my favorite vape for taste.

The Vapexhale Cloud EVO is the one I would get but it seems like it’s not being made anymore.

narwhalsgetme,

AcidFlashbang

Yes but annealed glass is much more durable than the ceramic used in coils. Did you look at the link to see the type of particles that flaked off of ceramic coils? You could call me a hypochondriac if you wish but IMO the less surfaces that can shed such particles the better

AcidFlashbang,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yes but annealed glass is much more durable than the ceramic used in coils. Did you look at the link to see the type of particles that flaked off of ceramic coils? You could call me a hypochondriac if you wish but IMO the less surfaces that can shed such particles the better

I certainly would not call you a hypochondriac as vaporizer safety is extremely important.

However, that Uwell document has been torn apart extensively. Stuff like the 7th floor heaters use sintered aluminum oxide ceramics (alumina)

In the Uwell paper they reference silica, hence the "glass like" structure. It's an entirely different material. Furthermore the silica is designed to be porous in that atomizer, the 7th floor heater is basically from a soldering iron so the ceramic is dense.

A windy day at the beach would present a higher chance of silicosis than using a ccell. Most of the claims from the Uwell study are cited from conditions where people work all day every day in silica factories inhaling quantities of dust daily.

I have American made glass which shows wear at the joint from qtipping a quartz nail.

invertedisdead,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Everything on the site (all starter kits) are sold out.

Interesting....I'm up to date on the EVO thread and just took another look to make sure I didn't miss anything. There's nothing in that thread implying anything is up and the next to last posting by @stonemonkey55 on 1/29/2020 didn't mention anything other than the EVOs would be back in stock soon.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
One thing I will say @narwhalsgetme , is that many of these non-regulated analog vaporizers, like the butane powered vaporizers, or the desktops and high-powered portable vapes that just use a 1-10 dial, instead of dialing in for specific temperature numbers...are some of the best vaporizers once you put the time in to develop a personalized technique of use that suits you best.

narwhalsgetme

One thing I will say @narwhalsgetme , is that many of these non-regulated analog vaporizers, like the butane powered vaporizers, or the desktops and high-powered portable vapes that just use a 1-10 dial, instead of dialing in for specific temperature numbers...are some of the best vaporizers once you put the time in to develop a personalized technique of use that suits you best.
Really? That’s great to hear. I’m so worried I would accidentally overheat the herb and cause unwanted toxins to emerge. Can you just tell by flavor and effect at a certain point what works best?

Top Bottom