Weird News Stories of the Day.....

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

macbill,
Reactions: Summer

Cheebsy

Microbe minion

The photograph is one of the most iconic ever taken of Churchill, and shows the leader on Parliament Hill moments after Karsh famously took a cigar out of Churchill's mouth.
"I held out an ashtray, but he would not dispose of it...I waited; he continued to chomp vigorously at his cigar. I waited," Karsh later recalled. "Then I stepped toward him and, without premeditation, but ever respectfully, I said 'forgive me sir' and plucked the cigar from his mouth."
By the time Karsh returned to his camera, he wrote, Churchill looked "so belligerent he could have devoured me".
"It was in that instant that I took the photograph," he added.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Wait...what?

Back when same sex marriage was just a thought I had a conversation/debate with a religious, conservative friend. I joked that same-sex marriage was necessary because "the LGBTQ community should have the right to be as unhappy as any heterosexual". My friend responded with "If this keeps up people will be marrying their pets". I'll send him the link......he didn't laugh when I made the joke about same-sex marriage so this should make his day.

florduh

Wait...what?

Back when same sex marriage was just a thought I had a conversation/debate with a religious, conservative friend. I joked that same-sex marriage was necessary because "the LGBTQ community should have the right to be as unhappy as any heterosexual". My friend responded with "If this keeps up people will be marrying their pets". I'll send him the link......he didn't laugh when I made the joke about same-sex marriage so this should make his day.
This seems to only be a news story because some Australian Senator mouthed off about it.

The Year 8 school girl who is non-verbal but 'phenomenally bright', is allowed to act like a feline during class as long as it does not distract other students, according to the report in the Herald Sun.

Two thoughts. One... it sounds like this girl has some sort of mental disorder besides believing she's a cat. Because she's not verbal as a teen or pre-teen. I think this whole thing sounds weird, but if it allows this young lady to get an education along with the other kids... I guess I can't get too excited over it. Now...this would not of flown when I was in high school in the early 2000's. I'm pretty certain my friends and I would not have been very nice about this situation. But kids today are significantly more open minded and kind than me and my peers. On balance, I think that's a good thing.

My second thought is... this is at a private school. Why does some government official get to mouth off about it at all? All manner of weird shit happens at private schools. I think putting a child with a lot of mental challenges on blast is more deranged than believing you're a cat. I can only assume there are literally zero problems left in Australia if a sitting Senator has time to worry about this.

'Can we just put a stop to this garbage right now. You go to school to learn reading, writing and arithmetic,' he wrote.

'You are not a cat. You are a little girl. The end.'

Well, the school believes tolerating this will allow her to learn reading, writing, and arithmetic. Maybe they're wrong. But if it's not your kid or your kid's school... why would you give a shit? People need to stop getting pissy about shit that affects them in no way.

I know it seems like people are getting weirder. And maybe they are. But people were plenty odd back in the good 'ol days too. It was just swept under the rug.

aVxdBMP_700bwp.webp

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
This seems to only be a news story because some Australian Senator mouthed off about it.

Two thoughts. One... it sounds like this girl has some sort of mental disorder besides believing she's a cat. Because she's not verbal as a teen or pre-teen. I think this whole thing sounds weird, but if it allows this young lady to get an education along with the other kids... I guess I can't get too excited over it. Now...this would not of flown when I was in high school in the early 2000's. I'm pretty certain my friends and I would not have been very nice about this situation. But kids today are significantly more open minded and kind than me and my peers. On balance, I think that's a good thing.

My second thought is... this is at a private school. Why does some government official get to mouth off about it at all? All manner of weird shit happens at private schools. I think putting a child with a lot of mental challenges on blast is more deranged than believing you're a cat. I can only assume there are literally zero problems left in Australia if a sitting Senator has time to worry about this.

Well, the school believes tolerating this will allow her to learn reading, writing, and arithmetic. Maybe they're wrong. But if it's not your kid or your kid's school... why would you give a shit? People need to stop getting pissy about shit that affects them in no way.

I know it seems like people are getting weirder. And maybe they are. But people were plenty odd back in the good 'ol days too. It was just swept under the rug.

aVxdBMP_700bwp.webp

Strange times we live in. If it doesn't distract the other kids who cares? There was discussion about putting a litter box in the bathroom of one of the halfway houses I volunteer at. I straight up told the house mom if they put a litter box in the bathroom I was going to use it, so far no litter box.

florduh

bmpfux8hmck91.jpg

It will never not be amazing to me that while Saint Ronnie and his wife were out there doing their "Just Say No" schtick, and telling Americans "marijuana is the most dangerous drug in America" they were also running more coke than El Chapo to fund genocidal terrorists in Central America.

Webb wasn't the only one blowing the whistle on this either. Here's a former LAPD Detective confronting the CIA Director about it.

This guy also Epsteined himself. What a weird coincidence.

Last edited:

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
bmpfux8hmck91.jpg

It will never not be amazing to me that while Saint Ronnie and his wife were out there doing their "Just Say No" schtick, and telling Americans "marijuana is the most dangerous drug in America" they were also running more coke than El Chapo to fund genocidal terrorists in Central America.

Webb wasn't the only one blowing the whistle on this either. Here's a former LAPD Detective confronting the CIA Director about it.

The CIA and the FBI are the Deep State. Corruption is thier currency. Chances are Regan didn't know because that's how the black projects work, keeping the president insulated from the criminal aspects is thier job. Not defending Regan, just pointing out the game...

florduh

Chances are Regan didn't know because that's how the black projects work, keeping the president insulated from the criminal aspects is thier job.

It's entirely possible that Ronnie was clueless, though I don't think that's really a feather in his cap. What I do know is his election represented a major triumph for the Deep State. Plenty of "former" CIA ghouls were directly involved in getting him elected. To varying extents, his predecessors tried to push back against the Deep State. Most famously JFK and Nixon. Both men paid for that insolence.

Ronnie's election marked a turning point. He let the Deep State run absolutely wild. None of his successors really dared to challenge them going forward either.

The modern Deep State is a public/private partnership that began during WWII. They don't do what they do to be evil. They're just trying to make it as easy as possible for American business interests to have easy access to resources and markets. And all that talk about "spreading democracy" is obvious bullshit. They love propping up dictators, so long as they allow American businesses to exploit that nation's resources and labor without much fuss.

I'm reading a new book about all this shit that absolutely slaps.

I was sold just seeing the cover.

9781510769144.jpg

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I wish they would do that here in the UK. Those chargers are all over the streets here, almost as common as the super strong disposable nic vapes in terms of the amount of litter they produce!

Cheebsy,
Reactions: macbill

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
bmpfux8hmck91.jpg

I keep re-reading that bit about 2 bullets to the head and cannot wrap my head around how this is still being called a suicide?

florduh

I keep re-reading that bit about 2 bullets to the head and cannot wrap my head around how this is still being called a suicide?

I guess it happens in a small percentage of cases. According to the coroner, the first bullet went through his jaw, the second through his forehead. It does seem odd that one of those very rare cases happened to a guy who a lot of powerful people hated, but who knows.

Another interesting note... when I googled to see if there was any info about the suicide. Two of the highest ranking articles were from WaPo and the NYT. Both were extremely critical of Webb right after his death. Both of those rags love carrying water for the National Security State. My guess is they didn't appreciate a journalist who didn't play that game.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist

Hah 2 bullets to the head being ruled a suicide is the new norm. It seems life really sux these days,. Check this STORY out, this poor guy committed suicide by hanging himself AND shooting himself in the chest with a shotgun!

Last edited:

florduh

Sort of related. Or it will be...

This crisis is in part due to having a high population State built on a swamp at sea level. And in part due to having an incompetent State government for decades. I guess good 'ol corporate greed plays a part too.

Florida homeowners insurance is already like 6 times higher than Cali. And it's about to go up even higher. During a period of time when they've really lucked out on the hurricane front. Even a modest hurricane that just takes forever to get across the peninsula will absolutely devastate FL at this point.

It's related to the Zombie Ice because....what happens when there are no insurance companies left willing to cover the third most populous State in the country? Can't even blame the insurance industry. They're engaged in legalized gambling and houses surviving in FL will increasingly become a worse and worse bet.

This is a great example of how we don't need some big dramatic "Day After Tomorrow" event for climate change to start devastating the economy.

florduh

...where they are the House!

I remember being very confused by the concept of insurance as a kid. So this company makes money by betting that my house won't burn down? Medical insurance is even weirder. They're betting that a human body won't break down...when every human body eventually breaks down?

But I can't even blame them really with The Free State going forward. Miami already regularly floods. Them saying you can build your house on a marshy swamp that's slowly slipping into the sea if you want, but we're not insuring it.... sort of seems fair.

What happens to people holding mortgages when they literally can't purchase insurance? Or are just priced out of the insurance market. The banks can take the houses back but eventually that will be a problem too.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I remember being very confused by the concept of insurance as a kid. So this company makes money by betting that my house won't burn down? Medical insurance is even weirder. They're betting that a human body won't break down...when every human body eventually breaks down?

But I can't even blame them really with The Free State going forward. Miami already regularly floods. Them saying you can build your house on a marshy swamp that's slowly slipping into the sea if you want, but we're not insuring it.... sort of seems fair.

What happens to people holding mortgages when they literally can't purchase insurance? Or are just priced out of the insurance market. The banks can take the houses back but eventually that will be a problem too.

The ins companies are not the ones making bets on anything, they only lay the odds and 'facilitate' the transactions for a fee.
When you buy life insurance you are the one wagering (or hedging) on an outcome.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion

However, there are concerns that large canisters of the gas are becoming more common, with giant containers 80 times the size of whippits found in the streets of London after the Notting Hill carnival this weekend.
Wow! I didn't realise it was quite as popular as it is!

Top Bottom