Weird News Stories of the Day.....

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Consuming insects has slowly gained momentum thru the media over the past decade or two as a viable alternative and remedy for global warming and food shortages. Today, insects are not only just on the menu of some restaurants, they are now ingredients in packaged convenient foods.

Just wondering how many years before human protein is a common ingredient found in products on the super market shelfs? Just asking for a friend.
pbscrikets.png

canibal.png

Last edited:

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Consuming insects has slowly gained momentum thru the media over the past decade or two as a viable alternative and remedy for global warming and food shortages. Today, insects are not only just on the menu of some restaurants, they are now ingredients in packaged convenient foods.

Just wondering how many years before human protein is a common ingredient found in products on the super market shelfs?
pbscrikets.png

canibal.png

I've eaten a variety of insects in the past and while they're better than my sister in law's cooking I'd rather have the Soylent Green.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

florduh

Homophobia is such a dumb, boring hobby. And it's making a big comeback. Literally any other hobby is more fulfilling and fun. Stamp collecting, bird watching. Shit, video games have gotten really good since I was a kid. Even that is a better use of your time and energy.

Knewt

Homophobia is such a dumb, boring hobby. And it's making a big comeback. Literally any other hobby is more fulfilling and fun. Stamp collecting, bird watching. Shit, video games have gotten really good since I was a kid. Even that is a better use of your time and energy.
It’s more like being stupid is the new hobby that is making the big comeback.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist

LMAO The way I see it anyone with the time and energy to sweat strangers sex lives likely aren't sweating enough in thier own sex life.

florduh

An Iraq War vet turned anti-war activist who supports publicly funded election campaigns, overturning Citizen's United, moving agriculture subsidies from corporations to small sustainable growers, and universal healthcare just won a GOP nomination for the US House of Representatives by 10 points. Ooops!

Madden, who works in the solar industry, calls himself an independent and has said his real goal for running is to break Vermont’s political mold and rethink the two-party system. “It’s a sacred responsibility to give Vermonters a choice between what we all know is a dysfunctional, corrupt, and war-like system of politics or the opportunity to have a renaissance of community and compassionate, civic-minded problem-solving,” Madden said during an interview earlier on Tuesday.

florduh

I notice the headline here isn't that FREEEE SPEEEECH is under attack, or a firefighter hero is getting CANCELLED for his political views.

He made some incendiary, but IMO 100% correct, comments about cops in a private group chat. Some coward ratted him out, and now the guy got fired.

I've had to hear about how FREEE SPEEECH is under attack for many years now. Because private social media companies don't want to run ads on some Nazi's skull measuring YouTube channel.

Now, the actual government fired a firefighter for expressing his beliefs in private. And I imagine exactly none of the Free Speech Warriors will leap to his defense. They probably want to lynch him. Because they've always been full of shit.

florduh,
Reactions: Planck

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
I notice the headline here isn't that FREEEE SPEEEECH is under attack, or a firefighter hero is getting CANCELLED for his political views.

He made some incendiary, but IMO 100% correct, comments about cops in a private group chat. Some coward ratted him out, and now the guy got fired.

I've had to hear about how FREEE SPEEECH is under attack for many years now. Because private social media companies don't want to run ads on some Nazi's skull measuring YouTube channel.

Now, the actual government fired a firefighter for expressing his beliefs in private. And I imagine exactly none of the Free Speech Warriors will leap to his defense. They probably want to lynch him. Because they've always been full of shit.

Free speech isn't and hasn't been since the first free speech zone was enacted at the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago. Since that time colleges, political parties, internet forums, sports teams and employers have had clauses added to employment contracts/user contracts that prohibit free speech. It isnt new, its just new to see the tables being turned as both sides are now using cancel culture to further thier agendas. Get used to it censorship is the most powerful weapon there is, after all we know the pen is mightier than the sword so the ability to censor the pen of humans with a different opinion is the ultimate weapon.

Babylon Drifter,
  • Love
Reactions: florduh

florduh

as both sides are now using cancel culture to further thier agendas.

That's the secret right there. No one wants their enemies to have free speech. May as well be honest about it.

Since I've stopped watching Joe Rogan stuff, I see less of it now. But for years the YouTube algorithm was feeding me content from Free Speech warriors who claimed to be free speech absolutists. Whatever the fuck that means. They'd get their panties in a twist when some millionaire comedian got "cancelled". Which generally meant people said mean stuff about them on Twitter. And the comedian got to go on being a millionaire.

Or a big one was Alex Jones getting pulled off social media. They'd be very clear that they don't agree with Jones (k...), but we should fight to ensure even odious speech is protected. The thing is, Jones was spilling his bile in public. This firefighter said what he said in private. And Jones got richer AFTER he was "cancelled". The guy's a centimillionaire. The potty mouthed (and imo, very cool) firefighter makes maybe 50-60k per year. And if he wants to continue his career as a firefighter, he'll have to move. Which isn't easy for people of normal means given the price of housing right now.

I guess it's a good lesson. Be careful what you say, even in private. Lots of crybabies in the world today. But whoever snitched this dude out is a coward who will never see Valhalla.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
I guess it's a good lesson. Be careful what you say, even in private. Lots of crybabies in the world today. But whoever snitched this dude out is a coward who will never see Valhalla.

Be careful in your assumptions of private. The moment you tell anyone anything (anywhere) it ceases to be a private thought and becomes information the second party can use however thier moral code sees fit. Today's friend, tommorows enemy is an old saying with a lot of truth to it. Most importantly, NOTHING you say on the internet is private including DMs or private messages. Assume any group on the internet has snitches in the membership.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:
Top Bottom