Weird News Stories of the Day.....

florduh

It's so fucking hot outside, I don't know how this doesn't happen every day. Florida is absolutely miserable during the summer. The heat and humidity breaks the brain. I don't know why people come here. Do they vacation in Alaska in January?

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

florduh

Half of Americans anticipate a U.S. civil war soon, survey finds​

https://www.science.org/content/art...s-anticipate-a-us-civil-war-soon-survey-finds

:peace: :leaf:

A huge percentage of Americans are too tired from working to afford their rent or mortgage to go play civil war. The rest of us are too fat, lazy and in love with our treats to do anything to threaten the private/public partnership that runs this country. All of this is by design.

The neoliberal method of controlling a population is always riding on a knife's edge. You gotta keep the proles treading water, but not drowning. Too tired to do anything about their lot, but still able to sell their bodies for the benefit of shareholders. And you gotta keep the dwindling middle class satiated and fat enough to support the current regime.

I think there will be a continuing squeeze on normal people as the months and decades go on. It remains to see if it will ever reach a breaking point that leads to open violence. But if a Revolution comes it will be a fascist one, so not really looking forward to that.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
A huge percentage of Americans are too tired from working to afford their rent or mortgage to go play civil war. The rest of us are too fat, lazy and in love with our treats to do anything to threaten the private/public partnership that runs this country. All of this is by design.

The neoliberal method of controlling a population is always riding on a knife's edge. You gotta keep the proles treading water, but not drowning. Too tired to do anything about their lot, but still able to sell their bodies for the benefit of shareholders. And you gotta keep the dwindling middle class satiated and fat enough to support the current regime.

I think there will be a continuing squeeze on normal people as the months and decades go on. It remains to see if it will ever reach a breaking point that leads to open violence. But if a Revolution comes it will be a fascist one, so not really looking forward to that.

Civil War or Revolution would make the elites decade, massive population reductions and then a huge clamp down to disarm the "winning side" it will serve thier agenda perfectly. We need to find a way to join together instead of dividing ourselves but the division is getting too deep, by design.

People are tired alright, but they won't be playing. Very small percentages or Americans fought in the Revolutionary War and the Civil War. That pole also asked the general public of which less than 8 percent have served in the military in our nation's entire history . Talk to soldiers who have seen this script playout in foreign countries and you'll find a lot more than the 50 percent see the patterns and know where they lead. Look at Chinese, Russian and Nazi history and the actions taken by their leadership prior to thier revolutions. We're on an identical path. Listen to our politicians proudly exclaim how their policies are forcing Americans to adapt to thier agendas.

"The worse it is, the better it is" Lenin.

Last edited:
Babylon Drifter,
Reactions: Shrike

1973PortlandToker

But if a Revolution comes it will be a fascist one, so not really looking forward to that.

Such a revolution is well under way, led by extreme leftists. They are not liberals. They really are fascists, with the virulent intolerance of opposing ideas and freedom of speech that characterizes stereotypical fascism .

florduh

Oh I wish. As an extreme leftist, I want a more unionized workforce, guaranteed healthcare, affordable housing, the nationalization of a few key industries, a Federal jobs guarantee. Shit like that. People who want these things have zero power in America. Both political parties are vehemently opposed to anything like that.

I wish there was a revolutionary movement bubbling up to demand the above. But there isn’t.

I think you’re mostly talking about social media bullshit. Problems that disappear the moment you turn off your phone. As for freedom of speech…. Nobody wants their enemies to have freedom of speech. In my opinion, Ron DeSantis has signed signed plenty of anti free speech legislation. Maybe Gruesome Gavin Newsom has too, but I haven’t heard about it.

I notice when people cry about cancel culture, it’s always about people like Alex Jones or some multimillionaire comedian. Never about the average worker getting canceled and losing his meager source of income for saying the word “union” too close to his boss. Curious.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Half of Americans anticipate a U.S. civil war soon, survey finds​

https://www.science.org/content/art...s-anticipate-a-us-civil-war-soon-survey-finds

:peace: :leaf:

Admittedly, that was a large motivator in me recently buying a gun again, after I haven't owned one in over fifteen years.

The right wingers in this country are going more and more nuts, and it's becoming a little worrisome.

I will NEVER be a patriot, a Christian, a conservative, or completely straight, and those things are seen as deserving of punishment by a growing Dominionist population in the US.

I'm feeling more and more that us Leftists need to be prepared to protect ourselves more. Not from the government, but from the heavily dumbass portion of the population that can't mind their own damn business...especially if our ridiculous joke of a supreme court goes any further on their march to take away as much as they can from the non-nutters.

Last edited:

florduh

I'm skeptical of an upcoming civil war because societal breakdown is really bad for shareholder value. And that's the most important thing on earth in neoliberal society. Keeping us divided and at each other's throats over gay cartoon characters is desirable to our corporate overlords. As long as you're still in the office by 9 every day, and you keep spending your paycheck buying shit on Amazon.

I will NEVER be a patriot, a Christian, a conservative, or completely straight, and those things are seen as deserving of punishment by a growing Dominionist population in the US.

I'm gonna be out of Floriduh for a while travelling so I've been trying to spend more time than usual with my parents. Now, I knew they've been completely Brain-Broken by Fox News for decades. But man, it's gotten much darker lately. Three years ago my parents had no issue whatsoever with gay people. My siblings and I have always had gay friends. My parents towed the Fox line, but they were very open minded about gay issues.

Well fuck has that changed fast. Now they think gay and trans people are trying to destroy America and give everyone monkeypox. It's just amazing how the reactionary media industry can just reprogram the boomer brain on the fly. I tried to get them to remember 2-3 years ago when they had no issue with gay people. "Trump is the most pro-gay President in history!" They were saying shit like that in 2019! Now, they don't even remember that version of themselves. It's like that scene in The Shining. "No I hate gay people. I've always hated gay people."

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Edited to correct math
3 million Americans, about 10 percent, fought in the Civil War. 600,000 soldiers died: 2% of the total population. (Ken Burn's "The Civil War")

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Yes. Math is not in my skillset. Apparently, listening isn't in my skillset, either. I listen to Ep. 1 of the Civil War every night as it puts me right to sleep. I wear bluetooth Sleep Headphones, and set my phone Timer to "Quit Playing" when the time is up (90 min). It's filled with amazing facts. 7,000 soldiers died at Cold Harbor in 20 minutes. Battle of Cold Harbor, (May 31–June 12, 1864), disastrous defeat for the Union Army during the American Civil War (1861–65) that caused some 18,000 casualties. Population - 9 million Southerners of which 4 million were slaves. 21 million Northerners.

Last edited:

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Admittedly, that was a large motivator in me recently buying a gun again, after I haven't owned one in over fifteen years.

Welcome back to the dark side. 15 years is a long time and firearm skills are extremely reliant on practice so be sure to hit the range regularly! Without proper training and mindset firearms are more of a hindrance to safety than a benifit. My wife and I just added a pair of rifles to our home for reasons similar to yours and are trying to shoot at least 30 minutes a day at least 5 days a week.

florduh

I'm skeptical of an upcoming civil war because societal breakdown is really bad for shareholder value. And that's the most important thing on earth in neoliberal society. Keeping us divided and at each other's throats over gay cartoon characters is desirable to our corporate overlords. As long as you're still in the office by 9 every day, and you keep spending your paycheck buying shit on Amazon.

I'm gonna be out of Floriduh for a while travelling so I've been trying to spend more time than usual with my parents. Now, I knew they've been completely Brain-Broken by Fox News for decades. But man, it's gotten much darker lately. Three years ago my parents had no issue whatsoever with gay people. My siblings and I have always had gay friends. My parents towed the Fox line, but they were very open minded about gay issues.

Well fuck has that changed fast. Now they think gay and trans people are trying to destroy America and give everyone monkeypox. It's just amazing how the reactionary media industry can just reprogram the boomer brain on the fly. I tried to get them to remember 2-3 years ago when they had no issue with gay people. "Trump is the most pro-gay President in history!" They were saying shit like that in 2019! Now, they don't even remember that version of themselves. It's like that scene in The Shining. "No I hate gay people. I've always hated gay people."

It's a shame Fox News managed to turn my parents into homophobes over like a 24 month period. But they could be worse. Here's a young Right Wing provocateur named Ethan Schmidt discovering the most humiliating way to get kicked out of a PetsMart:

"You support Satanic Pedophilia. Shame on Petco"

"Sir, this is a PetsMart"

When I see a guy whose brain has been ironed completely smooth by his TV shows and what he does during his Computer time harassing workers in a store where nobody makes over 50k a year, all I can think is...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Here's a young Right Wing provocateur named Ethan Schmidt discovering the most humiliating way to get kicked out of a PetsMart:

"You support Satanic Pedophilia. Shame on Petco"

"Sir, this is a PetsMart"
If subjected to rigorous analysis I'm sure it would be determined that his poop has no smell at all.

vapviking,
Top Bottom