Weird News Stories of the Day.....

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
get

florduh

My head nearly exploded a few months ago when Congress unanimously voted to give "victims" of HAVANA SYNDROME free healthcare for life. In a country where 40,000+ Americans die every year because they can't afford treatment for real, not made-up diseases. And now... this:

They're paying these lying, alcoholic CIA Spooks $100,000-$200,000. Because they claim they got shot in the brain by a super secret Cuban Space Laser. Between this shit and seeing George W Bush admit to his war crimes on live TV, I feel like I have Havna Syndrome now. C'mon Mannnn. Joe, I want a payout too.

Pay Me Parks And Recreation GIF

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:

florduh

Nuts that the media managed to memory-hole a Buddhist monk from Colorado self immolating to protest our nation's lack of action on climate change.

He apparently had planned this protest for a while.

Screen-Shot-2022-04-23-at-4.13.05-PM.png

A monk self immolating to get the attention of a government that truly does not care seems like an early scene in a horror movie. The guy was definitely a hippy, but reading his post from this past Christmas makes me believe he wasn't insane. Seems like he was a very decent human.

I have lived in Boulder, CO since 2000. I share a few words from the spiritual tradition that I learned of here – Shambhala.
Now I awaken basic goodness in my heart.
I confidently awaken my innate qualities —
Goodness, wisdom, kindness and strength —
Within the sun of basic goodness.
Society is basically good.

May the basic goodness I discovered today continue to grow and grow. May its brilliant rays shine through my life. May this primordial truth, the inheritance of all humanity, be a brilliant torch to guide all beings. May the warm-heartedness, I have discovered, be a parasol to protect all beings. May the love that I have tasted be shared with the entire world.

May the courageousness of this moment never be forgotten. May there be harmony between biospheric family, friends and nations. May the Earth be healed. May the elements be balanced. May humanity have-peace. May enlightened society manifest on this Earth. May all see the Great Eastern Sun of Shambhala.

A Buddhist monk set himself on fire on the steps of the Supreme Court as a demonstration against inaction on climate change. Just a few months later, the Supreme Court gutted the government's ability to curb carbon emissions. Just in case anyone was wondering about the effectiveness of non-violent protesting in this country.

quote-dr-king-s-policy-was-if-you-are-nonviolent-if-you-suffer-your-opponent-will-see-your-stokely-carmichael-64-46-69.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Jesus Fucking Christ. Arrested for "exposing her breasts" to minors? If she was slamming a vibrator I could see the concern but exposing her breasts? Gimme a fucking break. 99% or more of those kids spent the first couple months at least of their lives getting their nutrition by sucking on breasts, it isn't like they aren't familiar with them or they will be damaged by seeing them. God, I am just exhausted by the ignorant puritanical attitudes of some here in America.

Knewt

Jesus Fucking Christ. Arrested for "exposing her breasts" to minors? If she was slamming a vibrator I could see the concern but exposing her breasts? Gimme a fucking break. 99% or more of those kids spent the first couple months at least of their lives getting their nutrition by sucking on breasts, it isn't like they aren't familiar with them or they will be damaged by seeing them. God, I am just exhausted by the ignorant puritanical attitudes of some here in America.
Don’t forget, it was also the best day ever for those 2 young boys.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:
Top Bottom