The last thing you see before you die

Screen-Shot-2015-06-02-at-1.13.02-PM.png

shredder

Last edited:

florduh

For the space cadets

another weird one

mind-altering-parasite-may-make-infected-people-more-attractive-study-suggests

The Voyager 1 is 14.5 BILLION miles from earth? I don't like driving 5 miles. Also a billion is an enormous number...

1-billion-dollars.jpg

I can't even conceptualize a million miles.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Difficult to imagine those kind of differences. For me it's easier relative to things we can imagine. Like that distance is roughly 156 AU, or 156 times the distance between the Earth and the Sun.

florduh

Difficult to imagine those kind of differences. For me it's easier relative to things we can imagine. Like that distance is roughly 156 AU, or 156 times the distance between the Earth and the Sun.

That helps. A single AU is still kinda hard for me to conceptualize though. It takes light 8 minutes to travel that distance.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Aww come on, an AU is about 391 times the average distance between the earth and the moon. How difficult is that?

Just kidding of course. These kind of distances are crazy difficult to understand. But once you get into interstellar distances it gets nuts. Lightyears, for example, are really hard for me. The closest star (other than the Sun) is Proxima Centauri which is like 4.2 light years away. Light takes 4.2 years to reach us from there as opposed to 8 minutes from the Sun. And that is the CLOSEST star. It all gives me a headache, but thinking about it high helps...

florduh

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

florduh

A fucking felony?

Miranda Atnip lost her home during the coronavirus pandemic after her boyfriend moved out and she fell behind on bills. Living in a car, the 34-year-old worries every day about getting money for food, finding somewhere to shower, and saving up enough money for an apartment where her three children can live with her again.

Yeah, this is definitely the type of person I want the government slapping a felony charge on. Fuck it. I can see the writing on the wall. Everyone bitches about homelessness. And the final solution we will opt for in this society is very clear. Just throw them all in prison. Sure, that will end up costing the taxpayer more than just building permanent, quality public housing. But it will punish these people for their "bad decisions". And that's the most important thing.

florduh

During the November meeting, Shihab is alleged to have told an FBI informant that "they wished to kill former president Bush because they felt that he was responsible for killing many Iraqis and breaking apart the entire country of Iraq."

No, that's an indisputable fact. W confessed to his heinous crimes Live on camera just a couple days ago.

florduh

POV: Your VRChat party just got raided and your virtual pet is about to die.

AxonVRPoliceTraining_1-e1653419902386.jpg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:

florduh

Top Bottom