rshetts

Hey guys! I bid on a volcano on ebay while high, and ended up winning it..

It's a used classic with the easy valve (but not bags), and I got it for about $230 including shipping. Was this a fair price? Also, I really don't have the ability to use a desktop until late summer, and I'll probably want a whip vape, so if I consider selling the cano, how much should I sell it for (including easy valve but no bags).

Thanks!

Edit: My main concern with the volcano is efficiency, since I am a medium-tolerance solo user. I probably need 0.15g to get high. Is there any way to use the easy valve well with that small of an amount (liquid pad on top, etc.)? Thanks again!

Edit 2: It seems to be the old version of the Volcano Classic, since the metal is a matte finish and not shiny, does this change anything?

Edit 3: Just realized that I don't have to vape the whole bowl at once, so I guess my first edit doesn't matter anymore

First off, you hopefully have a solid valve not an easy valve. Easy Valves are a single disposable units. The valve and the bags do not come separate and are meant to be disposed of after use. The Solid valve is a separate valve from the bag and the bags are meant to be replaceable. That being said, Easy valves can be separated from the bag but its not standard operating procedure and it can be a pain in the butt. The price wasnt terrible as long as its fully functional but if you did get an easy valve, youre probably going to need to buy a valve kit and that runs $90 and that makes the deal not all that good.

Deleted Member 1442

First off, you hopefully have a solid valve not an easy valve. Easy Valves are a single disposable units. The valve and the bags do not come separate and are meant to be disposed of after use. The Solid valve is a separate valve from the bag and the bags are meant to be replaceable. That being said, Easy valves can be separated from the bag but its not standard operating procedure and it can be a pain in the butt. The price wasnt terrible as long as its fully functional but if you did get an easy valve, youre probably going to need to buy a valve kit and that runs $90 and that makes the deal not all that good.
Sorry!! I meant it comes with the easy valve filling chamber, just no bags. I know that all I need to get this working is the bags. Could you still answer the rest of my questions if you have answers? sorry for the misunderstanding. So without the filling chamber you think the price isn't terrible, with it is it a good price?

Deleted Member 1442,

BuzzDanklin

1. Volcano Solid Valve folks, I'm working on some mods for it as I ALWAYS want max versatility out of my vapes. I don't see any out there for the Solid Valve.
Is there any interest in a Solid Valve Chamber adapter that allows use with:
- hydratube
- bubbler
- whip
These would be direct from the chamber with fan on ---turbocharged ;)

I would be interested in this!

I currently hit my solid valve through the bubbler occasionally using this method:
https://www.instagram.com/p/wpgKLcrGGx/?taken-by=vaporizerwizard

I tend to use it most when I accidently make a bag more dense than planned :)

MinnBobber

I do not think that you can draw through vapor. I have tried endless times.
I was able to on the zephyr ion.
I no longer have a solid valve, but I think it is the same top as the EZ chamber.
The EZ chamber top can accommodate an SSV tube.
.................................................................................
Thanks,
I was hoping one could draw thru the Volcano when fan is off but was guessing it's a no go.

I believe the Easy Valve chamber comes to a small exit, so chubby SSV tubing works BUT Solid Valve has "big bare bowl bottom" and then snaps into balloon piece/balloon.
I'm looking at a way to use the lower bowl only--with a whip, with a hydratube, with a bubbler.

MinnBobber,

BuzzDanklin

Have you every tried the adapter from planetvape? If so, how do you like it?

I have unfortunately not tried the planetvape adapter, I need to pick one up to be honest. Although theirs only works with the easy valve (I tend to use my solid valve quite a bit more than my easy valve), so I was excited @MinnBobber is looking for a solution with the solid valve.

blackstone

Hey guys! I bid on a volcano on ebay while high, and ended up winning it..

It's a used classic with the easy valve (but not bags), and I got it for about $230 including shipping. Was this a fair price? Also, I really don't have the ability to use a desktop until late summer, and I'll probably want a whip vape, so if I consider selling the cano, how much should I sell it for (including easy valve but no bags).

Thanks!

Edit: My main concern with the volcano is efficiency, since I am a medium-tolerance solo user. I probably need 0.15g to get high. Is there any way to use the easy valve well with that small of an amount (liquid pad on top, etc.)? Thanks again!

Edit 2: It seems to be the old version of the Volcano Classic, since the metal is a matte finish and not shiny, does this change anything?

Edit 3: Just realized that I don't have to vape the whole bowl at once, so I guess my first edit doesn't matter anymore

You will be golden! No problems with small loads in easy valve, I do it all the time without pad or screen as I felt they weren't needed.
I have an idea for a simple mod to Volcano to allow drawing through a whip (and still do bags)! There's a secondhand unit locally I'm tempted to buy it to try the mod, as my unit's still under guarantee.

If you are not happy about the price of the bags (even though 6 should do you a year, maybe more), I was toying with the idea of buying bags for Phantom vape from Ebay.
Cheaper, but for some, they may go against the whole point of getting the Volcano.
And I'm not sure if they fit exact, or just look the same.

I've seen dull metal finish on older looking ones advertised, and wondered if they're all the same (aluminium), and the old ones have been in a damp shed or den. Or if the new ones are actually stainless steel? Was going to ask on here. And as technically adept as I am, I don't know of, or feel like carrying out, any metallurgy tests on my casing!

As for the price, I'm not in a $ zone, so I'm not sure but I think they're a little more expensive in USA/Canada. To compare, the secondhand Digit I saw locally with a few bags was advertised at around $384 equiv. But I was thinking of hitting him hard with an offer of around $275 collected from buyer, but he might not accept!!
I'll probably keep my money for another vape though, as one volcano is enough for me for now!
Have fun with yours!

BuzzDanklin said:
I have unfortunately not tried the planetvape adapter
Didn't know they did one too, thanks! I was looking at zee German one last night. Verdamp something or other.
I've been having fun with a DIY bubbler since @MinnBobber mentioned water and was thinking of stepping it up a notch!

Last edited:
blackstone,
Reactions: VegNVape

rshetts

Sorry!! I meant it comes with the easy valve filling chamber, just no bags. I know that all I need to get this working is the bags. Could you still answer the rest of my questions if you have answers? sorry for the misunderstanding. So without the filling chamber you think the price isn't terrible, with it is it a good price?

Yep I misunderstood you and thought you didnt have the bowl, just the valve. The price you paid is fair, as long as the Volcano is in good working condition.

rshetts,
Reactions: VegNVape

hoptimum

Yeah I 100% for sure know that all I need is the bags. My main question is, was $230 a fair price for what I got? Or did I spend too much?

It all depends on how well it performs. A properly functioning Volcano should fill an EZ valve bag in 45 seconds or less.

hoptimum,

zoldar

You can reuse the easy valve. Take them apart with a small flat blade screwdriver. Clean in ISO, rinse and reuse.

This is the easiest method I have found for replacing turkey bags - except zip ties seem to work better than hair ties to close the end.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/easier-volcano-easy-bag-replacement.40952/

2011-10-02_03-49-50_629-1-jpg.173795

Save your old bags. Cut up into strips and simmer in whole milk (or chocolate milk!) for 15 minutes, strain let cool. Careful with this stuff....it has a kick!

Last edited:

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Hey all,

First post in this thread.
Just wanted to stop by and show some love.

I've owned my volcano for a whIle now, still loving it so much even after the honeymoon period.
It's such a fantastic device that lives up to the hype, which says a lot.

The only thing I miss occasionally, is whip usage. But if i had to choose I'd go with bags every time.

I think I'll look around for some whip mods when I get a chance.

Have you every tried the adapter from planetvape? If so, how do you like it?
I have it and love it.

You insert the PV adapter (in place of the easy valve mouthpiece) which creates a constant open path for the air, so you have to be quick in connecting it up to a bubbler.
It's not a huge issue and I hardly notice any lost vapors.

It's great so long as you're ok with a bag hanging off your bubbler.

It's not an issue for me at all, but some of my friends seem to get weird with it.
I hand them my D020d bubbler (with the bag attached) and they look so perplexed as they try to support the bubbler with one hand and the bag with the other, in a semi-awkward juggle.
I tell them they don't need to support the bag, but inevitably by next rotation they are once again awkwardly trying to support the bag.... I just let my bag hang freely (pun intended).

No one has complained, but it seems to distract some (maybe because its not soemthing they are used to). Not an issue IMHO but worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Vapinmofo

Hello.
A few years ago I found a Volcano in my ally. (I know it sounds crazy but I figure the girlfriend may have forced the issue... there are a lot of university students in the area... maybe they moved on?? I don't know except to say I was very surprised!!
I took it to a buddy who did nothing with it. I want to resurrect it.

So I know it need a valve.
When I plug it in it works but I have no valve or bag.
SO all I need is a valve kit right?
If I find it doesn't function 100% I will send it into S and B.
Have any of you had to do repairs on a volcano (non digital) ?
Was it expensive?
I figure it might need a minor rebuild....
Ideas?

MinnBobber

@Vapinmofo ,
sweet.
Do you have just the Volcano body or do you also have the herb chamber that sits on it?
If no herb chamber, just the bare Volcano--you'd need the full valve kit, either the Easy Valve Kit OR the Solid Valve kit---- $99.

Have you plugged it in/ tried it/ is the Volcano pumping out hot air? :)

MinnBobber,

Deleted Member 1442

You insert the PV adapter (in place of the easy valve mouthpiece) which creates a constant open path for the air, so you have to be quick in connecting it up to a bubbler.

Sounds good. Can you first put the PV adapter into the bubbler and then connect the bag so that no vapor leaks? Also I have an FC-UFO bubbler with a pretty long whip, so I can just pass the whip around to friends and leave the bag on the bubbler. I love the fc-ufo because you don't have to pass the glass around, which can be dropped/broken, and the whip adds even more cooling

Deleted Member 1442,

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Sounds good. Can you first put the PV adapter into the bubbler and then connect the bag so that no vapor leaks? Also I have an FC-UFO bubbler with a pretty long whip, so I can just pass the whip around to friends and leave the bag on the bubbler. I love the fc-ufo because you don't have to pass the glass around, which can be dropped/broken, and the whip adds even more cooling

Yes you can plug the PV adapter into the bubbler first and then attach the bag. (Never thought of that lol).
But like I said, I don't notice any lost vapor either way ... but if you applied pressure to the bag, surely vapor would escape.

Rider_on_the_vape

We can't stop here,this is bat country !
Trust me it was probably closer to 50g before you vaped the moisture and trichromes off of the bud!
I know how much it was before it got vaped and thats what made me really think about how much i go thru lol [bad image link removed] that's what came out of 45g into 250g of butter,my 1st attempt :leaf:

Modnote: Edited to remove bad image link

Last edited by a moderator:
Rider_on_the_vape,

MinnBobber

This is true, you know whenever someone says the Volcano is old technology I think it's good to point out that so is the wheel but we all still use it :)
And part of the reason the Volcano thread is short compared to some is the Volcano post count isn't pumped up with:
" I'm on my 4th Volcano in 10 months, how long have repairs taken lately" and
" what does the 7 blinking lights error code mean, my Volcano is doing that"
;)

Thcgos

Vape Addict
And part of the reason the Volcano thread is short compared to some is the Volcano post count isn't pumped up with:
" I'm on my 4th Volcano in 10 months, how long have repairs taken lately" and
" what does the 7 blinking lights error code mean, my Volcano is doing that"
;)

I've owned a Volcano for a whIle now and only just visited this thread now.
I was prompted by another user who said "look how short the volcano thread is".

To be honest it's worked so well, I haven't really needed or thought to come here.

I haven't felt the need to come here and proclaim my love either because I felt like it would already be common knowledge among vaporists.

To continue on.. Other threads are littered with:
"what grind"
"What draw technique"
"This broke off"
"I've been waiting 2 years and still haven't got it"
"What mod do I need to make this bearable/useable"
"My 4th warranty unit doesn't perform as well as my 2nd unit"

Bottom line....it just works and works well!

Deleted Member 1442

Hey guys, just got the used volcano i bought on ebay. I noticed that when I turn the air and heat on without the filling chamber on the unit, there's a light "hair dryer" metallic smell. I'm guessing this isn't normal right? Can any of you guys run your volcano without anything on it and tell me if you smell anything? If you don't i'll return it.

I found this thread which describes a similar problem, but it ends with a link to a discussion on this which doesn't work (link just goes to fc homepage) http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/volcano-safety-_opinions-please.2565/

Thanks!

Edit: when I put the filling chamber on it kinda concentrates the hot plasticky smell, and its very noticeable. Gonna return it.

Another edit: Not sure I'm gonna return it anymore. So I basically confirmed that most of the plasticky smell is coming from the filling chamber itself, turns out that the filling chamber wasn't concentrating the smell, it was producing it. I confirmed this by only attaching the bottom half of the chamber, and there was a noticeable increase in smell. Is this a natural thing? Can someone please test this out for me? I want to know if the plastic in the filling chamber I have is safe or not, maybe it degraded from use or something. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1442,
Reactions: blackstone
Top Bottom