Justpassedu

You guys are not old , you were prob 15yrs old when the Cano's came out years ago , enjoy , Cano was my 1st vape ever when i didnt even know about vapes , I was given 1 from a Ex of mine , had no clue what the heck it was at all , got it home and thought at first it was a ice cream maker lol. Than i read everything about , gave it a try and for 7yrs was amazed as were all my friends.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I was 47 years old when the patent was finalized, and the Volcano was "released".
That was in 1998.
The Volcano is a very proper Medical tool, that has many applications... even in the culinary world.

A note:
Studies have shown that vaporizing cannabis exposes the user to lower levels of harmful substances than smoking cannabis.[34][35][36][37] These findings are important for it is estimated that 10–20 percent of patients with chronic pain, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and HIV/AIDS have admitted to smoking cannabis for therapeutic purposes.[38] For patients, a study found that smoking cannabis sativa reduced daily pain by 34%, a statistically significant amount.[39]
In a study published in the Journal of Psychopharmacology in May 2008, it was stated that vaporizers were a "suitable method for the administration of THC".[40] A 2007 study by the University of California, San Francisco, published in the Journal of the American Academy of Neurology, found that "there was virtually no exposure to harmful combustion products using the vaporizing device".[5] A 2006 study performed by researchers at Leiden University found that vaporizers were "safe and effective cannabinoid delivery system(s)". The study stated that the amount of THC delivered by vaporizers were equivalent to the amount delivered by smoking.[37] Because of those studies and other studies, vaporizers are considered medically sound devices for delivering THC.[41]

I do not point this out for the medical statistics.
I point the above notation out, because the Volcano was used in most of these studies due to it's reliable consistent temperature maintained through it's use.

Last edited:

mixchu69

Been using my volcano digit for the past few days. It is so well thought out and can see why ppl rave about its longevity. The solid valve mouthpiece design and valve clip are awesome. I wonder why they don't endorse thick bags in their owner manual. With my herbie, I always crank it to 445. I go 430 on my volcano for the last bag. i like thick bags.

blackstone

Cano was my 1st vape ever when i didnt even know about vapes , I was given 1 from a Ex of mine , had no clue what the heck it was at all , got it home and thought at first it was a ice cream maker lol. Than i read everything about , gave it a try and for 7yrs was amazed as were all my friends.

From an ex?, that's funny! I can imagine you and your buds standing around it having fun.
When I brought mine to a friends it was so funny, there was 5 others there, and when I went to fill the first bag, to see them all jumping in position to get a look was funny.
Thinking about it afterwards it would have made an amazing oil painting scene of modern times!

I wonder why they don't endorse thick bags in their owner manual. With my herbie, I always crank it to 445. I go 430 on my volcano for the last bag. i like thick bags.

I think they just say somewhere that it may be "difficult to apply". I often think of this if I'm about to choke on a thick bag, and almost burst out laughing!
That's what they meant!
I used to wonder if they said it because the bags might get dirty with condensate too quickly, but that was just a guess.

I was 47 years old when the patent was finalized, and the Volcano was "released".
That was in 1998.
The Volcano is a very proper Medical tool, that has many applications... even in the culinary world.

A note:
Studies have shown that vaporizing cannabis exposes the user to lower levels of harmful substances than smoking cannabis.[34][35][36][37] These findings are important for it is estimated that 10–20 percent of patients with chronic pain, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and HIV/AIDS have admitted to smoking cannabis for therapeutic purposes.[38] For patients, a study found that smoking cannabis sativa reduced daily pain by 34%, a statistically significant amount.[39]
In a study published in the Journal of Psychopharmacology in May 2008, it was stated that vaporizers were a "suitable method for the administration of THC".[40] A 2007 study by the University of California, San Francisco, published in the Journal of the American Academy of Neurology, found that "there was virtually no exposure to harmful combustion products using the vaporizing device".[5] A 2006 study performed by researchers at Leiden University found that vaporizers were "safe and effective cannabinoid delivery system(s)". The study stated that the amount of THC delivered by vaporizers were equivalent to the amount delivered by smoking.[37] Because of those studies and other studies, vaporizers are considered medically sound devices for delivering THC.[41]

I do not point this out for the medical statistics.
I point the above notation out, because the Volcano was used in most of these studies due to it's reliable consistent temperature maintained through it's use.
They better get used to oldies here on FC, because if this thing about vaporizers allowing us to live longer is true, we'll all be getting it on here for previously unknown amounts of time!!

And thanks to technology, thick bags are yours for the taking!
Hi Vitolo, I read further back that your favorite temp. is 192C but I couldn't find where you arrived at that number.
I've worked my way down to 206C and I'm noticing increases in taste as I go down. But I'm worried if I go too low I wont be extracting everything, or enough.
Any chance you could give us some more info why you picked 192C? Or have I missed it somewhere? Thanks

Justpassedu

From an ex?, that's funny! I can imagine you and your buds standing around it having fun.
When I brought mine to a friends it was so funny, there was 5 others there, and when I went to fill the first bag, to see them all jumping in position to get a look was funny.
Thinking about it afterwards it would have made an amazing oil painting scene of modern times!

I think they just say somewhere that it may be "difficult to apply". I often think of this if I'm about to choke on a thick bag, and almost burst out laughing!
That's what they meant!
I used to wonder if they said it because the bags might get dirty with condensate too quickly, but that was just a guess.

They better get used to oldies here on FC, because if this thing about vaporizers allowing us to live longer is true, we'll all be getting it on here for previously unknown amounts of time!!

Hi Vitolo, I read further back that your favorite temp. is 192C but I couldn't find where you arrived at that number.
I've worked my way down to 206C and I'm noticing increases in taste as I go down. But I'm worried if I go too low I wont be extracting everything, or enough.
Any chance you could give us some more info why you picked 192C? Or have I missed it somewhere? Thanks
Yeah man , it was an ex who contacted me that i had not seen in years. I figured at the time i was single why not meet up and catch up on old times. So i drove out to the house , saw she had two kids now and no father , i was not interested but did not mind being friendly. She had taken me to her garage and said i have a bunch of old stuff if you'd like it , i got a box of some really nice basketball jerseys , ipod and than this funky looking space ship we call the volcano. I honestly had no clue what it was , i saw a bunch of mary jane seeds in there with it. Well i figured it out quick and that's how i became to know the volcano. It was a good day and the next 7 yrs were great. My friends all loved it and were amazed.

MinnBobber

Yes, and how appropriate, the "new guard" portrait vs the famous "old guard" pictures of Dutch masters. It should be re-created in Amsterdam, just like the original !!!
I'm in---no painter but I'll line up the Volcano......

Dirck Hals, genre scene of Gentlemen Smoking and Playing Backgammon in an Interior. Note the paintings on the wall of what appears to be a tavern; also here.

blackstone

Yeah man , it was an ex who contacted me that i had not seen in years. I figured at the time i was single why not meet up and catch up on old times. So i drove out to the house , saw she had two kids now and no father , i was not interested but did not mind being friendly. She had taken me to her garage and said i have a bunch of old stuff if you'd like it , i got a box of some really nice basketball jerseys , ipod and than this funky looking space ship we call the volcano. I honestly had no clue what it was , i saw a bunch of mary jane seeds in there with it. Well i figured it out quick and that's how i became to know the volcano. It was a good day and the next 7 yrs were great. My friends all loved it and were amazed.

That's crazy, lucky you! It must have been like an electric bong to you!
I only discovered vaping in the last year or two and I'm amazed with it now, but I'm really amazed at the people who were into this ten and twenty years ago!

Edit:
MinnBobber said:
Yes, and how appropriate, the "new guard" portrait vs the famous "old guard" pictures of Dutch masters. It should be re-created in Amsterdam, just like the original !!!
I'm in---no painter but I'll line up the Volcano......
Exactly like that!! I saw the massive Rembrandt ones one time on a visit. I was even thinking we need orange paint to do the easy valve part haha, or yellow for solid valve

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Any chance you could give us some more info why you picked 192C? Or have I missed it somewhere?
I use 377º F
I found that it made many bags of same thickness of vapor, provided the most flavor, and touched most of my symptoms.... less high temp did help with nausea, but not as high of level of pain and spasticity relief... while not making me sleepy or very altered.
My wife is a rare user, and we have found that 365º works best for her, as it still has great flavor, but less psychoactive properties.... it relieves some of her anxiety and depression without making her feel "high" or sleepy.
I breath 2 or 3 bags at 377º, while my wife at 365º only requires one or two inhalations.

blackstone

I use 377º F
I found that it made many bags of same thickness of vapor, provided the most flavor, and touched most of my symptoms.... less high temp did help with nausea, but not as high of level of pain and spasticity relief... while not making me sleepy or very altered.
My wife is a rare user, and we have found that 365º works best for her, as it still has great flavor, but less psychoactive properties.... it relieves some of her anxiety and depression without making her feel "high" or sleepy.
I breath 2 or 3 bags at 377º, while my wife at 365º only requires one or two inhalations.
Thanks for the reply!
I have also seen people satisfied from just one or two inhalations, even I've enjoyed just that at times.
I was confused when I started out as I thought we needed high temps to get the "full spectrum" of tastes, but now I'm finding the lower temps can help by avoiding burned tastes.
The 402F that I use is for small loads, hot air possibly escapes through the gaps and in my mind, the product receives a slightly lower temperature than if the bowl were more full.
But I have used the unit very successfully as low as 345F (174C) with larger loads.
I'm always surprised the temperature window is so large for getting results, but as somebody said the other day, it probably depends a lot on how quickly you need to get the goodness out!
I will try some experiments over the coming days, and I'll investigate the benefits of 377F maybe compared to lower or higher settings. Volcano experiments are so much fun! Even more so when it's relieving a lot of pain at the same time.
Thanks again!

mixchu69

For all the experienced volcano users,
If you plan to inflate another bag in 30 mins-1hour, do you keep the volcano on or turn it off until next use?

mixchu69,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Using the Digital Volcano, I personally leave it on, knowing I might not make it back before auto shutoff....
even then it is still at a fairly high temperature even though you may need to hit the on switch again.
If it had no auto shutoff I would turn it off, or set a reminder alarm so I would not let the heat go on forever, lest I forget.

grokit

well-worn member
I have a couple of these for vapes without timers, they go up to 6 hours :tup:

414cyvENMdL._SX425_.jpg

MinnBobber

1. Volcano Solid Valve folks, I'm working on some mods for it as I ALWAYS want max versatility out of my vapes. I don't see any out there for the Solid Valve.

Is there any interest in a Solid Valve Chamber adapter that allows use with:
- hydratube
- bubbler
- whip
These would be direct from the chamber with fan on ---turbocharged ;)

For a Solid Valve Balloon Adapter, is there any interest for the same, adapter that allows:
-hydratube,
-bubbler,
-whip?
Bag adapter adds another level of complexity so that would likely be phase 2, unless that's a real must have for folks. Balloon adapter would likely be 2 pieces.
It might connect to the mouthpiece or directly to the balloon stub piece.

Just checking as I start to experiment with designs.

?? Can you draw thru the Volcano chamber without fan on, like you can on the Herbalizer?? Herbie is designed for that and I'm guessing the Volcano pump system does NOT have "draw thru" capability---guessing the Volc needs the pump on to push air thru.

Is it best to just give your opinion or should I create a "poll" for ok as is, want chamber adapter, want balloon adapter etc?
I'm just trying to see if others are interested in such adapters

Poostuff

Please delete
I wonder why they don't endorse thick bags in their owner manual. With my herbie, I always crank it to 445. I go 430 on my volcano for the last bag. i like thick bags.
I always thought it was for maximum results with minimum health impact. That's why the bag in the middle has the tick, I could be wrong.

Poostuff,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I do not think that you can draw through vapor. I have tried endless times.
I was able to on the zephyr ion.
I no longer have a solid valve, but I think it is the same top as the EZ chamber.
The EZ chamber top can accommodate an SSV tube.
It is a snug fit, and so an even cut is important.
SSV tubing is quite sturdy and flexible.
Once on, I have used fan assist bubbler style.
I keep one hand on the tubing to be sure it does not slip off.
The other end went into the bubbler, and the air flow made the
tool bubble on it's own.
Trying to keep up with the flow and trying not to waste made me exhale each lungful instantly.
two people could do it, passing it back and forth.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1442

Hey guys! I bid on a volcano on ebay while high, and ended up winning it..

It's a used classic with the easy valve (but not bags), and I got it for about $230 including shipping. Was this a fair price? Also, I really don't have the ability to use a desktop until late summer, and I'll probably want a whip vape, so if I consider selling the cano, how much should I sell it for (including easy valve but no bags).

Thanks!

Edit: My main concern with the volcano is efficiency, since I am a medium-tolerance solo user. I probably need 0.15g to get high. Is there any way to use the easy valve well with that small of an amount (liquid pad on top, etc.)? Thanks again!

Edit 2: It seems to be the old version of the Volcano Classic, since the metal is a matte finish and not shiny, does this change anything?

Edit 3: Just realized that I don't have to vape the whole bowl at once, so I guess my first edit doesn't matter anymore

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1442,
Reactions: blackstone
Top Bottom