• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

justcametomind

I meant 20mg, not 200mg. 200mg is a full SB capsule and I can get medicated using a fraction of it. I set the Volcano at 230 Celsius a fill an XL bag less than halfway. Ymmv especially if you use low thc content weed or if your unit has particulate on the inside that blocks the fan. It happens on heavily used, years old units.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I meant 20mg, not 200mg. 200mg is a full SB capsule and I can get medicated using a fraction of it. I set the Volcano at 230 Celsius a fill an XL bag less than halfway. Ymmv especially if you use low thc content weed or if your unit has particulate on the inside that blocks the fan. It happens on heavily used, years old units.

Are you using the solid valve or EZ valve?
I feel like the bowl is so big (solid valve) that with tiny loads, the convective air takes the path of least resistance and ends up going around the herb more than through it, resulting in a bag that would be more likely to save my life in a car accident :lol:

My classic is over 15 years old and Digit over 10 so they’ve definitely seen some use. My issue with the volcano is I feel like it lacks power in the sense that it just never finishes a bowl. The Arizer Air was another vape I own that will just make vapor forever, IMO long after I still want to hit it.

Can you blow a bag half full and still have some density and weight to the vapor? My units couldn’t load 20mg and blow half of a bag; mine would keep making vapor to fill the entire XL bag, possibly multiple times, but it would be ultra wispy.

justcametomind

Easy valve 99% of the times. With such tiny amounts vapor can’t be dense but if your unit is quite old and you feel like it lacks power it may be worth a look inside. Maybe you just need to have the fan cleaned.

kite26

Hello community, newbie here. I just ordered Volcano Classic and i have some questions:
1) Which is the life of each balloon?
2) Can i use the whip of Hybrid on my Classic?
3) After a session i have to turn it off and turn it on again to begin a new session?
4) Which percentage of CBD to select as newcomer? I bought weed with 4% CBD (without THC). Did i made good choice?

Last edited:
kite26,

justcametomind

1) it depends on how much resin there is in your weed and how many times you fill the bag. If you use just CBD weed it could last months/years? Bags can also be cleaned with alcohol but I never did it.
2) no
3) Classic can stay on 24/7 if you want.
4) Very high % of CBD like 20% with no THC is usually bullshit. 4% could be fair but I’d be interested knowing where that cannabis was grown and how it was tested to be 4%. Cannabis absorbs pollution for the soil where is grown, so you should select your vendor carefully and avoid those who don’t specify some GMP standards (good manufacturing practices).

kite26

Does anyone knows how to fully clean easy valve bags? Also, any other herb except cannabis which worked good on volcano with daily use!

justcametomind

I never did it myself so I can’t relate but there’s plenty of content if you do a google search or the thread specific search query of the forum.
I’d better stay off different herbs especially using a volcano bag especially when you don’t know how to clean it. Peppermint or chamomile are nice but the smell will stick to the bag, much more than cannabis.

kite26

I never did it myself so I can’t relate but there’s plenty of content if you do a google search or the thread specific search query of the forum.
I’d better stay off different herbs especially using a volcano bag especially when you don’t know how to clean it. Peppermint or chamomile are nice but the smell will stick to the bag, much more than cannabis.
Thank you, i will do a search. I delivered lavender to test it. Solid valve seems to be more economic right?

kite26,

justcametomind

Don’t do it on a Volcano, you’ll have to clean the bag after every bowl of “different” herb, and it’s a hassle imho. Do it on a different vape, just not a bag vape.
Solid valve has pros and cons. I have both but always use Easy valve. It fits on top of the vape fan and the valve itself is easier to clean: less screens and
parts. On the other side the Solid have to be maintained on top of the fan because it doesn’t fit. Iirc the Solid valve is bigger and you can stuff more weed in it, but that’s for abv bags (bleargh) or coughing hard, not my cup of tea. If you do a search you’ll see that new Easy valve bags with a black ring can be disassembled, cleaned, and replaced Same thing with older bags but it’s a bit harder to do.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hello FC community! I have had my volcano for a little over 5 years now, now this is happening?? Ive read posts before with age (& constant vibrations) the skrews will come loose. Any thoughts?
I am imagining that you tried, and the ring will not screw down, or snap in place.
Is this the case?
Thank you, i will do a search. I delivered lavender to test it. Solid valve seems to be more economic right?
It is 100 dollars more economical to purchase.
Also more economical in that the valve fits less MMJ.
The Solid Valve however, requires more lengthy cleaning, and taking apart so the slide mechanism can freely move.
I own both types of valve.
I use the EZ Valve daily.
I have not used the solid valve in 3 years.

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
I am imagining that you tried, and the ring will not screw down, or snap in place.
Is this the case?

It is able to skrew back on, but it keeps coming off maybe like once a week? My s.o an i are significant users about an 1/2 to an oz a week so maybe the constant vibrations are loosining the top off?

Edit: i also second the solid valve. Ive been through 3 solid valve housing clips in 5 years, other than that part everything else is in tip top condition even after heavy abuse.

What i like to do with the solid valve (always use a sandwich of two regular screens with a fine one in the middle for stability for the bowl plunger, makes the bags last longer) is add less than 0.1 at a time to each bag i blow up, i just want the good terpy flavors in my vapor imho.

Last edited:
CanadianFlowers,

blackstone

I found lavender to be quite strange, remember it's vaped at lower temp. Maybe 130c?
Chamomile is less strange to me but that smell does stick everywhere maybe you could use one bag just for that.
Abv bags are a bit yukky alright and that smell sticks too. With my Hybrid I can do Abv direct draw through water it's a tiny bit nicer that way and I keep my bag fresh.
I use an old whip though, and the bubbler stinks bad after too!

I finally tried out those "Extra fine" screens for powdered materials in easy valve from the S&B site, they are strange as they bend like paper and dont stay in shape well, such a fine weave though!
I didn't find much benefits over a liquid pad when using with ground Abv, and thought some finer dust still got through. But they might be helpful for kief, maybe pushed down on a load?
I couldn't easily get one to hold a capsule down in the reducer like with the regular screens so I gave up but maybe I'll try again sometime.
I found you could lay one over a regular screen to keep shape better, but they might get gunked up fast with regular uses.

It is able to skrew back on, but it keeps coming off maybe like once a week? My s.o an i are significant users about an 1/2 to an oz a week so maybe the constant vibrations are loosining the top off?

Edit: i also second the solid valve. Ive been through 3 solid valve housing clips in 5 years, other than that part everything else is in tip top condition even after heavy abuse.

What i like to do with the solid valve (always use a sandwich of two regular screens with a fine one in the middle for stability for the bowl plunger, makes the bags last longer) is add less than 0.1 at a time to each bag i blow up, i just want the good terpy flavors in my vapor imho.

I remember hearing that part was very tight to unscrew, so if a really good tighten doesn't do it maybe you could source a new screw top with tighter threads. Not sure it's the right place for using a thread locking compound, maybe a tiny amount of the right product in the right place might not cause a problem with smell or fumes after?

justcametomind

First day i use my new volcano, i am satisfied i can say. But the vapor is not so dense. How i can fix that?
Man you are using 4% CBD and no THC weed, you can’t expect more than wispy bags. Try packing the valve full and use max temp, or try a different strain with more resin.

justcametomind,
Reactions: kite26

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
First day i use my new volcano, i am satisfied i can say. But the vapor is not so dense. How i can fix that?

The Volcano imho is not about the thick dense vapor it produces (which it can) but more of a comfortable delivery system that cannot be matched by any other.

Remember to hold in the vapor 10 seconds (just like asthma patients have to hold in their medication for 10 seconds for full absorbtion)

Vapinmofo

Hello all.
I just want to reming=d you that filling your filling chamber all the way is a waste.
I literally use a PINCH spoon.

I fine grind and put in a pinch then I put the LIQUID pad on top of the ground flower. and I vaporize at around 355.
Depending on the THC content of the flower I may get 2 bags.
Generally I only blow the flower once then dispose.
I want flower and smoothness.
If I put too much flower in it gets harsh
If I vaporize at a temp which is too high it gets harsh.
so small amounts at the right temp will always work the best

Best
Vapinmofo

justcametomind

Hello all.
I just want to reming=d you that filling your filling chamber all the way is a waste.
I literally use a PINCH spoon.

I fine grind and put in a pinch then I put the LIQUID pad on top of the ground flower. and I vaporize at around 355.
Depending on the THC content of the flower I may get 2 bags.
Generally I only blow the flower once then dispose.
I want flower and smoothness.
If I put too much flower in it gets harsh
If I vaporize at a temp which is too high it gets harsh.
so small amounts at the right temp will always work the best

Best
Vapinmofo
You would be right but he is using 0%Thc and 4%Cbd weed, that’s were my advice of filling the valve comes.

justcametomind,

hankherer

I don't find the water conditioning straight out of the Volcano to be favorable. Water bubbling over the Volcano makes me nervous about spillage too.
I ended up using this as a bubbler for other devices. I added a 18mm to 14mm joint reducer and put it on my Solo II to use as a bubbler. It tipped over and broke. That was the end of my Magma. Used it on the Sticky Brick a few times.
I still use the fat O rings though. I stick my whip attachment for the Vapexhale Cloud Evo on the Volcano using the O rings. You can use a whip on your Volcano this way. That was somewhat novel before the hybrid came out I guess.
For water filtration for the Volcano bags, I find it nicer to just stick the EasyValve bags without the mouthpiece onto a 14mm joint on your rig. It fits.

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
When micro dosing with the volcano, is the reducer the way to go or just lightly cover the screen and throw a concentrate pad on top?

Magic9,

Vape_Or_Die420

When micro dosing with the volcano, is the reducer the way to go or just lightly cover the screen and throw a concentrate pad on top?
I would recommend the solid valve over the easy valve if you wish to strictly micro dose. Otherwise you will need to put the liquid pad on top of your herb in the chamber.

Kins

The Volcano imho is not about the thick dense vapor it produces (which it can) but more of a comfortable delivery system that cannot be matched by any other.

Remember to hold in the vapor 10 seconds (just like asthma patients have to hold in their medication for 10 seconds for full absorbtion)

You don't need to hold the vapor in for 10 seconds, that's ridiculous. It's a myth that's been around forever that people have to hold in their hits.

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-debunking-the-myth-of-holding-a-hit-of-marijuana-n748 - That's just one link but I can find hundreds more if you want...

Top Bottom