Volcano Hybrid

aniceto

In fact I found a way to keep my herbs in place using the reducer and without anything extra.

Screw the filling chamber with the reducer inside. Then insert the brush through the whole and push the screen against the reducer making a circle. The end result should be the screen shaped like a nipple that prevents the herbs from going up. I don't know how to upload a local image, is it possible?

Cereal4dinner

In fact I found a way to keep my herbs in place using the reducer and without anything extra.

Screw the filling chamber with the reducer inside. Then insert the brush through the whole and push the screen against the reducer making a circle. The end result should be the screen shaped like a nipple that prevents the herbs from going up. I don't know how to upload a local image, is it possible?

Easily the worst part about this forum is not being able to paste images with ease. You have to convert the image and use a link. Sooooo annoying

SquirrelMaster

I use imgbb.com, it's really easy. Put it in my browser, start uploading (I'm logged in with a free account), copy the medium CC link, paste on FC.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

ChooChooCharlie

Be careful

Years ago I broke one of 3 tiny orange retaining tabs in Plenty
(Hybrid mimicked the Plenty's chamber architecture)

Tabs "hold" the heavy herb chamber in place
If one breaks or over flexes, chamber will fall out when emptying inverted

Easiest way to break or stress tabs is downward pressure. I broke one forming a nippled screen with the reducer ring as a "form," used thumb like you are using pencil to push down

It's best to remove reducer from plastic housing first by pressing up from under. Then you can safely create a nippled screen pressing on reducer on a table top

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Was able to snag one used. What do I gotta know?
Congrats.

I’m loving the dosing capsules. You need an adapter to use them.

I also really like the loading tray for the capsules. The 40 capsule tray takes about 7g to fill all 40. I did 80 capsules last go and it’s been almost a month since I’ve had to grind weed for the Volcano. I just put all the capsules in a jar with a Boveda pack.

390 with a decent preheat on the capsule gets me a nice thick full ballon. I’m usually good after that but you could push it a bit further and go for round two.

I also like to let the vapor cool for 10 or 15 seconds before I take my hit.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Congrats.

I’m loving the dosing capsules. You need an adapter to use them.

I also really like the loading tray for the capsules. The 40 capsule tray takes about 7g to fill all 40. I did 80 capsules last go and it’s been almost a month since I’ve had to grind weed for the Volcano. I just put all the capsules in a jar with a Boveda pack.

390 with a decent preheat on the capsule gets me a nice thick full ballon. I’m usually good after that but you could push it a bit further and go for round two.

Makes sense. It came with 8 bags and the bowl reducer so I'm very happy about that

StoneyBeached

Hello all, Just picked a hybrid up last week and so far really enjoying it. Any suggestions for temps through the whip? I've tried the bags a few times so far, but seem to prefer the whip. I have been using it like my mighty, around 405 and I go up as vapor reduces. Too high? I usually use the reducer, no capsule itself but I do top the reducer with the dosing cap top and cover my herb. Thanks in advance!

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I just got one used. After reading through the forum I'm worried this was a mistake. Someone tell me it wasn't

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I'm actually sipping on my hybrid whip right now, it's pretty great IMO. What is the issue you are having? Do you mean buying secondhand? Or a counterfeit?
Second hand. I'm just reading the forum as I wait for ups and it seems there's a lot of colaints regarding QC

StoneyBeached

Second hand. I'm just reading the forum as I wait for ups and it seems there's a lot of colaints regarding QC
I can understand that. I was wanting a hybrid but didn't want to pay the cost of new. I signed up for email alerts from potv and was able to get a lightly used hybrid with a 1 year warranty for under $475. Had less than 2 hours operational time whenI bought it. It is a bit of a leap of faith but I'm satisfied at the moment.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
This crossed my mind too when dropping the bucks. I bought new and so far all the problems I had read about here have been addressed by S&B. If for some reason you have old stock parts just purchase new factory parts. The bowl and the plastic housing for the bowl, I believe we’re the two big problems, are cheap and easy to find. I think you will be fine!

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: Easywider

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
What's the smallest amount y'all would load in the in reduced bowl? I'll get a bowl reducer but not yet. I'm hoping it can do something the size of a mighty bowl without the reducer. What do y'all think? I've heard to cover the screen and I've heard to fill it halfway. I just don't see myself filling it up much

Zuhdj,

StoneyBeached

What's the smallest amount y'all would load in the in reduced bowl? I'll get a bowl reducer but not yet. I'm hoping it can do something the size of a mighty bowl without the reducer. What do y'all think? I've heard to cover the screen and I've heard to fill it halfway. I just don't see myself filling it up much
I just load a regular capsule and it's plenty for a solo session. I used to load the reducer to the top with no capsules but lately I've been vaping alone so capsule is perfect for me. I'm sure you could go even smaller if you wanted. I don't usually do bags, but a capsule gets me a full bag and maybe a wispy second, but usually just 1.

StoneyBeached,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

btka

You can only put as much herb so the mash is covered and put the concentrate pad (metal mash) on the herb, this will keep your herb in place and possible the metal concentrate pad/mash will add a little bit more conduction heat to your herb..

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
This crossed my mind too when dropping the bucks. I bought new and so far all the problems I had read about here have been addressed by S&B. If for some reason you have old stock parts just purchase new factory parts. The bowl and the plastic housing for the bowl, I believe we’re the two big problems, are cheap and easy to find. I think you will be fine!
Thank you!!!

Very excited to have my super mighty! I have a ton of vapes (including the Inverzion z8) and my mighty is the most consistently satisfying sessions. I'm hoping this volcano is like that but on my desk and with more potential

Socks And Sandals

I finally got around to ordering my Obsidian.. I'll report back later in that thread on it. Really excited tho! :nod:

I recently bought the loading tray and as of the moment have mixed feelings about it. It definitely makes loading the capsules faster but..... here's the kicker.. I can never get them as tightly packed as I can by simply doing it one at a time by hand.. by simply loading them from my Large BCG. The last time I used it, it was with my SCS grinder with a medium grind but I still haven't tried it with the fine grind from my new BCG. It does make it more simple to load but it did get kinda tedious with the spatula going over the holes to distribute even amounts in every capsule. I will definitely give the loading tray another shot.. I really thought I would like it more than I do. I just can't get it tightly packed is all.

Your 390F temperature is exactly what I found to be pretty much the perfect temp as well! :tup: I usually start out at 390F for that nice first bag and either crank it up to 410F (the mighty's max temp) or the full 446. While the vapor is kinda harsh at the max temp, it's not so bad using my 14mm Magma Industries bag adapter. Sometimes I think I should just stop at 410 since that was the Mighty's max temp and I hear that anything really over 400F is where toxins start to form so I'm kinda confused as to why S&B would give this a max temp of 446? Maybe they had other herbs in mind?

Just wondering what you and others think about finishing off at max temp of 446F or 410F? My gut feeling says to stop at 410F but lately I've been cranking it up to max. Do you think this is too high or do you think I should just go with 410F until it just stops spitting vapor? I always get two decent bags out of a tightly hand packed capsule.. sometimes 3 with the last bag being very thin and whispy. Using the 40 capsule filling chamber set, I still get two bags but not a 3rd ever.

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
why S&B would give this a max temp of 446
I read somewhere that the true medical Volcano has a lower max temp and maybe no app interface….possibly I’m remembering that right.

I think temp is just personal preference. Like you said the vapor starts to get harsh when the goes up so I don’t push it, I just pack another bowl.

Top Bottom