Volcano Hybrid

Cereal4dinner

anyone Know how to advertise the volcano for sale and not have it taken down for violating tobacco rules in Canada? I’ve advertised on kijiji and local online markets. Is there a good second hand vape store online I could ship to Or something? i Guess that’s why most people end up keeping all there old vapes lol

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
anyone Know how to advertise the volcano for sale and not have it taken down for violating tobacco rules in Canada? I’ve advertised on kijiji and local online markets. Is there a good second hand vape store online I could ship to Or something? i Guess that’s why most people end up keeping all there old vapes lol
There is a Classified forum here in FC. Also the entexchange discord is a good place to sell used Dry Herb Vapes. Go to entexchange.org to find an invite.

Sonics420

Hey everyone, so VAS took over and I was able to secure a nice Classic for $175. He gave me a solid valve kit but it seems to be missing an o-ring (the circle metal piece on top of the bowl area) and it looks like one clip of the solid valve is broken.

I'd like to switch to the EZ valve system, will it work with my existing chamber?

Also, that missing o-ring, where can I find it or what size is it?

Hoping there's a kit that just has everything I need.

Thanks

Edit - will this solve all my issues?

I also see the same looking set on ebay for half the price, anyone have look with those?

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

I also see the same looking set on ebay for half the price, anyone have look with those?
Yup, that's all you need.

Not sure about the ebay ones, though. I'd be skeptical of those tbh.

:peace:

Vape_Or_Die420

Hey everyone, so VAS took over and I was able to secure a nice Classic for $175. He gave me a solid valve kit but it seems to be missing an o-ring (the circle metal piece on top of the bowl area) and it looks like one clip of the solid valve is broken.

I'd like to switch to the EZ valve system, will it work with my existing chamber?

Also, that missing o-ring, where can I find it or what size is it?

Hoping there's a kit that just has everything I need.

Thanks

Or you could buy this for $10. Comes with 2 clips too.

Vape_Or_Die420,
Reactions: Sonics420

Sonics420

Or you could buy this for $10. Comes with 2 clips too.

That chamber piece with the 2 push in clips on mine has one broken off. Idk if that will work.

But damn these bags got me fucking high as hell lmao..my friend is a blunt smoker too and we just hit bags tonight and he didn't smoke at all when he was with me.

Vape_Or_Die420

That chamber piece with the 2 push in clips on mine has one broken off. Idk if that will work.

But damn these bags got me fucking high as hell lmao..my friend is a blunt smoker too and we just hit bags tonight and he didn't smoke at all when he was with me.
Oh I get it now. I thought you meant the balloon ring was what was broken. My bad.

Vape_Or_Die420,

Socks And Sandals

I just tried the Hybrid with the full filling chamber for the first time and.... HOLY SHIT! What a difference between this is to the dosing capsules! Next I'll try the reduced filling chamber with no dosing capsules and see if that makes a difference as well. I'll report back with my findings! Still have to experiment with workflows and Iterations.. i've been so busy I can barely find the time to post anymore but I had to report this! I know it's not microdosing but still.. Holy shit! Especially... through the whip through my glass!:bowdown:

I also own a Flowerpot but had to send my coil in for repairs.. I'll be spending some good time with my Hybrid while waiting! Will also skim the thread for some Workflows in the meantime! I didn't think this could knock my socks off.. until I tried the full filling chamber! :love:

aniceto

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I placed my order for a new Volcano Hybrid Onix, I can't wait! it'll take a couple of weeks to restock but for now I'll be making a few questions :)

I'm very interested in the inline bubbler from Dhgate, the obsidian fake, does anyone have any experience?

...And Squirerelmaster , I also first tried a cheap dh gate inline bubbler, but nah the Obsidian really is worth it it imho...

Is it really 15 times better? because the dhgate version costs a 15th of the obsidian.

I got some 6mm quartz pearls and the reducer too to vape tiny amounts. Is there any other hack I should be aware of? I'm very interested in making this vape the most capable with minimal amounts as well as with huge amounts.

Thanks in advanced

JackDeaniels

Vapor Freak
I'm very interested in the inline bubbler from Dhgate, the obsidian fake, does anyone have any experience?
I personally have both The Magma-Industries Obsidian, and a China-glass VapeXhale bubbler, and honestly I prefer the latter

Granted, it is larger an requires some parts (18f/18f and 18m/14m adapters) - But it is both way cheaper and produces the same or better better results

Edit - Oops, wrong link. The previous link I used redirects to a 14mm bubbler, so it is possibly even more convenient than what I have, I don't know though

JackDeaniels,
Reactions: aniceto

pbd3ath

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I placed my order for a new Volcano Hybrid Onix, I can't wait! it'll take a couple of weeks to restock but for now I'll be making a few questions :)

Is it really 15 times better? because the dhgate version costs a 15th of the obsidian.

I got some 6mm quartz pearls and the reducer too to vape tiny amounts. Is there any other hack I should be aware of? I'm very interested in making this vape the most capable with minimal amounts as well as with huge amounts.

Thanks in advanced
I've been rocking the Obsidian since they first came out, and the OG Magma before that, and it's a total game changer for my classic. I don't mind paying for quality (which it clearly is well made), and the dude who owns it has great customer service too when I had some issues with delivery one time. I read the China vape-exhale one doesn't fit well and needs the special O-rings?

Also, pretty sure it's only 1/3rd the Obsidian? It says $50 on the link, and at that point I'd rather get my stuff immediately without having to deal with chinese shipping and quality. Just imo. Either way, there's no doubt the water filtration adds sooo much to the vapor, I pretty much can't use my cano without it at this point, hah.

Cereal4dinner

Obliverated27

My EU Volcano conundrum:

Hi all, I was hoping for some advice. I recently got a second hand Volcano Hybrid from the EU ( I am in the US ). Upon arrival, I learned that Volcano models are single voltage and will not work overseas with a different voltage unless you buy a converter costing around $50-$80. After learning this, I contacted S&B and tried to see if they would send me a US version in exchange. They would not. All in all, I am currently debating whether or not I should resell the unit or buy the converter and use it.

My issues with customer service:

Originally, I was attracted to the Volcano for its superior performance to my EQ, as well as the scores of positive customer service experiences that I have seen associated with S&B. However, my experience with S&B was nothing of the sorts. While I don't really fault them from being unable to exchange my unit for a US version (although it is annoying), their entire approach to customer service seems backwards. Their responses to questions are sparse, barren of information and come days to over a week apart. Their tone and demeanor was condescending and unhelpful. In my last communication with S&B, I asked them why they have failed to detail the fact that the Volcano, a $700 product, has two separate versions, each with separate voltage compatibility requirements. This information is nowhere on the website, product description, product registration information or lengthy product instruction manual. I further asked what typically would happen if a customer moves to another country.

They did not direct respond to this email and sent me a customer service satisfaction survey as a reply. When I again forwarded this same email to them and asked if they had received it, they referred me to the previous email and said they could no longer help any further.

My worries about the Volcano:

Since purchasing the Volcano and going down the rabbit whole of trying to get it to work in the US, I have learned of several other worrying things about the device that I was previously unaware of. Primarily, the plastic filling chamber melting or "sticking". This is insane for a device that is considered both the gold standard of vaporizers and medically compliant. Secondarily, the sentiment that the hybrid is actually and inferior bag vaporizer to the classic. In this case I would definitely be interested in selling the hybrid. Are these issues, especially the plastic filling chamber, still relevant?

All in all, what to you guys think? I would love some help making this decision. Part of me wants to just buy the converter and start ripping bags. However, I now have really mixed thoughts on the volcano as a whole.

Last edited:

aniceto

Socks And Sandals

My EU Volcano conundrum:

Hi all, I was hoping for some advice. I recently got a second hand Volcano Hybrid from the EU ( I am in the US ). Upon arrival, I learned that Volcano models are single voltage and will not work overseas with a different voltage unless you buy a converter costing around $50-$80. After learning this, I contacted S&B and tried to see if they would send me a US version in exchange. They would not. All in all, I am currently debating whether or not I should resell the unit or buy the converter and use it.

My issues with customer service:

Originally, I was attracted to the Volcano for its superior performance to my EQ, as well as the scores of positive customer service experiences that I have seen associated with S&B. However, my experience with S&B was nothing of the sorts. While I don't really fault them from being unable to exchange my unit for a US version (although it is annoying), their entire approach to customer service seems backwards. Their responses to questions are sparse, barren of information and come days to over a week apart. Their tone and demeanor was condescending and unhelpful. In my last communication with S&B, I asked them why they have failed to detail the fact that the Volcano, a $700 product, has two separate versions, each with separate voltage compatibility requirements. This information is nowhere on the website, product description, product registration information or lengthy product instruction manual. I further asked what typically would happen if a customer moves to another country.

They did not direct respond to this email and sent me a customer service satisfaction survey as a reply. When I again forwarded this same email to them and asked if they had received it, they referred me to the previous email and said they could no longer help any further.

My worries about the Volcano:

Since purchasing the Volcano and going down the rabbit whole of trying to get it to work in the US, I have learned of several other worrying things about the device that I was previously unaware of. Primarily, the plastic filling chamber melting or "sticking". This is insane for a device that is considered both the gold standard of vaporizers and medically compliant. Secondarily, the sentiment that the hybrid is actually and inferior bag vaporizer to the classic. In this case I would definitely be interested in selling the hybrid. Are these issues, especially the plastic filling chamber, still relevant?

All in all, what to you guys think? I would love some help making this decision. Part of me wants to just buy the converter and start ripping bags. However, I now have really mixed thoughts on the volcano as a whole.
Hey man, I hated seeing your issue be ignored and I'm probably not the best person to ask about this since I have no problem paying a little more now than paying for problems later by always buying new and from the manufacturer whenever humanly possible.

What were you expecting them to do though? Not attacking you at all but..you bought a unit that wasn't designed for your region and it's 2nd hand. I'm no electrician but I do know what that EU plug looks like and I do know that international is 240v compared to our 110v. I don't think you should have expected anything from S&B at all since it wasn't purchased through them or an authorized dealer at the very least. Do they honor warranties from authorized dealers? I think they should but since I didn't know I made my purchase at their official website instead. Now I do buy accessories from Puff It Up and Planet of the Vapes but I didn't want to buy the unit there. I dunno.. just my preference since I didn't want to take a chance with the warranty. Maybe someone here can chime in and let us know if they do honor their warranty from authorized dealers?

I kinda understand the concern for melted plastic but In my experience, the most I have seen is my plastic filling chamber that holds my chamber reducer and full sized bowl insert has become very loose... almost to the point where they fall out when turned upside down. I'm almost positive this was due to leaving it on there for longer than I should have. For me at least, I think these are from my whip sessions for the most part since I do sometimes forget and leave that on there for up to 15 minutes. Other than that, I see no signs of melting plastic at all. Matter of fact because of this.. I bought another filling chamber that I use EXCLUSIVELY for bags (and when I've been drinking LOL) that I only leave on there maybe for 2 minutes before filling my bag or just when I can feel the chimney getting hot. The other filling chamber (the one that holds the inserts loosely now) I use exclusively for the whip or.. dare I say.. when I've been drinking lol.

Also from what I've read and heard is that the classic is indeed almost entirely convection. That would be the only argument I know that would lead one to think it's superior to the Hybrid. When it comes to things like having to buy a converter.. I think that would have prevented me from buying from a region that was different than where I lived.

Best of luck on whatever you decide to do though. I'm probably not the person to be talking too since I never buy used and I'm willing to spend $350 on nice piece of american made glass, and has never purchased a single thing on DHGATE and possibly never will. I dunno, I drive a shit car and don't care for where I live too much but when It comes to the few hobbies I have left (Cannabis Vaporizers, Watching 4K Movies, my surround system etc) I tend to not cut corners.. but hey that's just me.

Last edited:

aniceto

Hi guys,

I'm a happy owner of my new Volcano Hybrid :).

There's an issue. Nearly every time I unscrew the filling chamber after a session with the reducer I find my herbs have come out the filling hole and are spread all over the top of the reducer. Does that happen to everybody? Can that be avoided without using any terp pearls or similar?

Cereal4dinner

Hi guys,

There's an issue. Nearly every time I unscrew the filling chamber after a session with the reducer I find my herbs have come out the filling hole and are spread all over the top of the reducer. Does that happen to everybody? Can that be avoided without using any terp pearls or similar?
Yeh for sure. I switched to an dosong caps becuz of this, they help a lot

Cereal4dinner,
Reactions: aniceto

TboneToker

Are you trying to sell a volcano? I might be interested. PM me

PS what is a terp pearl?

TboneToker,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
And just like that here I am. I bought the Onyx Hybrid from POTV at 20% off. This thread was very discouraging but a lot of time has passed and much of what I was reading was from 2019. To date I am very happy with my purchase and have no experienced any buyers remorse.

Ive only used the reduced chamber. One capsule heated once or twice at 390 seems good enough for me. Bags through a dry glass piece have been very enjoyable. I loved how clean the capsules kept my mighty and will probably just stick with capsules for the Volcano because of this.

The main reason I bought the Volcano was for its very low draw resistance, precise temperature control, and quality of extraction. I’m please with all three categories.

Now the obligatory photo or it didn’t happen.
46-F4-AAE8-BDED-43-F3-8-F33-7339-ABCDD6-D4.jpg

Cereal4dinner

Are you trying to sell a volcano? I might be interested. PM me

PS what is a terp pearl?
hello friend, unfortunately I sold the volcano just yesterday. Keep hunting tho, if I didn’t get a ball vape I’d still be in bed with the volcano, great great vape.

a terp pearl is a tiny glass sphere. you put it inside of a banger or nail used for dabbing, when a carb cap is employed, the vacuum spins the glass sphere spreading the oil over the hot surface which helps vaporize the oil more efficiently.

these little glass spheres have many uses other than dabbing. They can be used as conductive space fillers when added to a chamber. So you’ll be able to put less material in because you’ve artificially shrunk the oven. The smaller the oven the less flower you’ll have to add to the chamber to get good vapour.

Cereal4dinner,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

pbd3ath

This one is 21€ shipped to spain, 25$ maybe? it's 1/8 the cost and it looks pretty similar to the obsidian. I'm aware it won't be the exact same quality though. On top of that, glass is glass, if it falls it breaks regarldless of the price... And I'd rather break 20€ than 150€.

I'll give it a go

Hey man, I hated seeing your issue be ignored and I'm probably not the best person to ask about this since I have no problem paying a little more now than paying for problems later by always buying new and from the manufacturer whenever humanly possible.

I'm probably not the person to be talking too since I never buy used and I'm willing to spend $350 on nice piece of american made glass, and has never purchased a single thing on DHGATE and possibly never will. I dunno, I drive a shit car and don't care for where I live too much but when It comes to the few hobbies I have left (Cannabis Vaporizers, Watching 4K Movies, my surround system etc) I tend to not cut corners.. but hey that's just me.
Yea, I'm definitely more in the boat of Socks and Sandals here.... if I'm buying something for a $500 vape then I'm not going to cheap out on it. I feel like that's akin to buying discount/used tired for a new Ferrari IMO. Plus, just the fact that Magma actually answers emails/inquiries compared to Store and Bickel, and they're (Magma) super speedy and friendly about any issues, will keep me buying from them if i ever break my current Obsidian.

Socks And Sandals

Hi guys,

I hear you on that. I finally did test out the chamber reducer without the dosing capsule.. it's a mess every time.. Doesn't matter if I bag it or whip it, it's always all over the place. After this happening 4 times, there's only 2 options for me.. Either the full loading chamber filled to the brim of the contact points or a chamber reducer with a dosing capsule.

As much as I wish this wasn't the case.. I concur my friend!

Top Bottom