• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

RedBeard

Awesome thanks Gnome & ChooChoo, really appreciate your help! I checked and your right, the retaining tabs for the ceremic bowl on the lower orange lost their grip, one even just fell off when i touched it lol. So i'll probably just replace the black and orange parts of the filling chamber which doesn't look too pricey. Thanks again for your help, loving the volcano so far! especially being able to create work flows etc.

TripleP

So, I just got a volcano medic 2 second hand and wanted to share something. I was very disappointed when I realized that I don't have bluetooth functionality with my medic 2, while the normal hybrid has it. I took the top of the volcano hybrid apart, looked at the pcb and saw there was a bluetooth module installed, so I thought it must have the same hardware as the hybrid and it has to be software locked. One veerry long night later and I can present you probably the first volcano medic 2 that can connect with the storz&bickel app.

Last edited:

blackstone

I combusted in my Volcano Hybrid a while back! It was with cotton and my hand had been slightly covering the intake not long before it happened. But there you go, I thought I should share it here! It did surprise me a bit and the cotton turned to smoldering ember when I pulled it out.

Nice going @TripleP , I don't use the bluetooth much on mine so I maybe would have left it, but I would need to at least try it first to find all that out! And it is nice to be able to read your total hours, adjust screen brightness and disable the buzzing of the air pump when the unit reaches temperature.
I run my Hybrid on full temperature (230C) a lot, although I could probably do fine with 220C or 210C too.
So I was just curious, have you thought about trying to get your Volcano Medic 2 to go above 210C yet?
I wouldn't be interested in going above 230C with these, or above the maximum on any of their other vapes, as there are probably good reasons for these limits.

The inside of the Hybrid is nice, and neat compared to the older Volcano too. I was sorry I didn't take some pics when I had a look. Next time!

This vape is the business, there is no easier vape to relax with for a sore and fatigued individual.

Sonics420

New SSV for $160

Or

New Volcano Onyx Classic for $360

I just want the hardest hitter and easiest maintenence. I like the idea of bags but would take a WPA setup over a bag any day.

What you guys think?

redrum891

New SSV for $160

Or

I just want the hardest hitter and easiest maintenence. I like the idea of bags but would take a WPA setup over a bag any day.

What you guys think?
you have a mighty already?... unless you want bags, the mighty is just as good as the volcano, in terms of using a whip.

if you have a mighty, grab a b0 flowerpot injector style for cheap from vgoodiez and it'll be the best investment you make.

or grab a dynavap if you like to microdose, can heat it up good too for clouds a little after the click.

b0 for budget / b1 for flower only / b2 does flower and dabs, just my opinion. I have the volcano hybrid and mighty + and having a dynavap can rip hard too, but if you want a legit bong experience that puts you sky high, like walking out of the grocery store and forget where you parked stoned as hell.

if I could have any 2 picks, it would be b1 flowerpot and mighty +

wish I could sell my volcano hybrid but not in a legal state and not sure how law enforcement would act selling a used unit locally. IDK :(....
Bags are meh to me, i rather use a whip on the volcano with a glass stem or hydratube at the end.

redrum891,
Reactions: Sonics420

Sonics420

you have a mighty already?... unless you want bags, the mighty is just as good as the volcano, in terms of using a whip.

if you have a mighty, grab a b0 flowerpot injector style for cheap from vgoodiez and it'll be the best investment you make.

or grab a dynavap if you like to microdose, can heat it up good too for clouds a little after the click.

b0 for budget / b1 for flower only / b2 does flower and dabs, just my opinion. I have the volcano hybrid and mighty + and having a dynavap can rip hard too, but if you want a legit bong experience that puts you sky high, like walking out of the grocery store and forget where you parked stoned as hell.

if I could have any 2 picks, it would be b1 flowerpot and mighty +

wish I could sell my volcano hybrid but not in a legal state and not sure how law enforcement would act selling a used unit locally. IDK :(....
Bags are meh to me, i rather use a whip on the volcano with a glass stem or hydratube at the end.
I'm sure you can sell the Volcano no problem. I have the mighty+ and enjoy it, been using it with the cap. I want a powerful desktop though.

I've looked into the B0 setup before and it's a little too much clutter for me, I don't have that much space left in my office. Plus I am clumsy sometimes lol

Between volacano classic and SSV it sounds like you'd go SSV cause of whip?

redrum891

I'm sure you can sell the Volcano no problem. I have the mighty+ and enjoy it, been using it with the cap. I want a powerful desktop though.

I've looked into the B0 setup before and it's a little too much clutter for me, I don't have that much space left in my office. Plus I am clumsy sometimes lol

Between volacano classic and SSV it sounds like you'd go SSV cause of whip?
dynavap that ish up.... torch or induction heater.

mighty is pretty strong compared to other desktops. if you are wanting something better in terms of desktop it will need to be an enail like setup or a vapbong all in one....but flowerpot / freight train are good.

tinymight 2 should be able to produce some big clouds, if you want something that can turn your mighty bowl that gives you 15-20 good puffs to being able to knock it out in 2 hits is a big difference in terms of feeling and getting real stoned. the mighty can make me feel dense around my eyes but the flowerpot can put you on your ass fast with very small amount of flower needed....

might need to see about the tinymight with a hydratube on it for a all in one bubbler or dynavap + mighty would be my 2nd combo if I couldn't use a ball vape, I've never tried a tiny might but its suppose to roast the flower pretty good.

Unless you want bags, the mighty will be just as the same as a volcano with a whip. Dynavap or a ballvape would be my next step, possibly a tiny might. I like super dense milky clouds so I would hold the torch for an additional 3 seconds after the click to get it even higher temp. Plus it is small and can be used with an induction heater and nobody would even know what you're doing.

idk about ssv

redrum891,

Sonics420

dynavap that ish up.... torch or induction heater.

mighty is pretty strong compared to other desktops. if you are wanting something better in terms of desktop it will need to be an enail like setup or a vapbong all in one....but flowerpot / freight train are good.

tinymight 2 should be able to produce some big clouds, if you want something that can turn your mighty bowl that gives you 15-20 good puffs to being able to knock it out in 2 hits is a big difference in terms of feeling and getting real stoned. the mighty can make me feel dense around my eyes but the flowerpot can put you on your ass fast with very small amount of flower needed....

might need to see about the tinymight with a hydratube on it for a all in one bubbler or dynavap + mighty would be my 2nd combo if I couldn't use a ball vape, I've never tried a tiny might but its suppose to roast the flower pretty good.

Unless you want bags, the mighty will be just as the same as a volcano with a whip. Dynavap or a ballvape would be my next step, possibly a tiny might. I like super dense milky clouds so I would hold the torch for an additional 3 seconds after the click to get it even higher temp. Plus it is small and can be used with an induction heater and nobody would even know what you're doing.

idk about ssv
I'll look into dynavap and the TM2. Thanks bud

redrum891

I'll look into dynavap and the TM2. Thanks bud
no problem, i'm still a noob at this stuff but I WISHED i listened to everyone when before I made my first purchase.

I was all into the volcano hype because that's the only vape people have been talking about for 20 years, so I went with that when I read about using torches or enails, I thought that can't be medically safe/good for med patients like my father....

I bought a volcano hyb then mighty + after, and felt pretty dumb after realizing the amount I spent on those could have gotten me some real nice shit. I do think the mighty+ is awesome and perfect for people who need to medicate and not at home a lot, no needing to stir after hits/can use any grind or even burn a unbroken nugget up evenly....the volcano will probably last 20 years but I can't imagine when people realize vaping is so much cleaner and smoother experience that it will become mainstream and end up with some crazy innovation so holding onto my volcano isn't a good choice imo. great if you don't leave the house or bad lungs and need an easy to pull hit and use bags.

I would stay away from mainstream reviews, stick to these forums and find more about the item here and ask about the downside compared to another vape you are looking at. I should have got the flowerpot first, it really is as close to hitting a bong and can adjust for flavor hits that hit hard or charred hits that knock your socks off. I would grab a dynavap for out and about. The mighty is a lot of money when you can buy a dynavap B for $50. Then upgrade it if you really like it and POTV lets you return used items for a restocking fee if you dislike a product. The mighty is worth it though if you can afford it.

gl on your purchase!

edit ;; dynavap has its own subforum. you can google to see the difference. dynavap B is a good entry, can upgrade to aftermarket parts if you like it and invest into making it even more powerful

redrum891,

redrum891

@redrum891 what do I look up for dynavap? Lol not sure what to look for seems like different versions

edit ;; another good thing about ripping your flower hard with something strong is you don't have to deal with that tickle in the back of your throat after 15 puffs from a session piece, that each hit you take without waiting in between each puff makes it hard to even take a big pull.

Last edited:
redrum891,

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
New SSV for $160

Or

What you guys think?

Might be a good idea re post your question in the ask fc thread. You may get more opinions on the vapes you have mentioned
Link below.

I own neither so can't comment.

Happy vaping. :spliff:

TripleP

I combusted in my Volcano Hybrid a while back! It was with cotton and my hand had been slightly covering the intake not long before it happened. But there you go, I thought I should share it here! It did surprise me a bit and the cotton turned to smoldering ember when I pulled it out.

Nice going @TripleP , I don't use the bluetooth much on mine so I maybe would have left it, but I would need to at least try it first to find all that out! And it is nice to be able to read your total hours, adjust screen brightness and disable the buzzing of the air pump when the unit reaches temperature.
I run my Hybrid on full temperature (230C) a lot, although I could probably do fine with 220C or 210C too.
So I was just curious, have you thought about trying to get your Volcano Medic 2 to go above 210C yet?
I wouldn't be interested in going above 230C with these, or above the maximum on any of their other vapes, as there are probably good reasons for these limits.

The inside of the Hybrid is nice, and neat compared to the older Volcano too. I was sorry I didn't take some pics when I had a look. Next time!

This vape is the business, there is no easier vape to relax with for a sore and fatigued individual.
I never combusted in my Volcano yet, but I also use degummed hemp fibre instead and won't go over 210 degrees normally. I put the degummed hemp fibres to fill the dosing capsule, because I only vape like 0.02-0.03 grams at a time, but always want to extract the whole chamber in one session for the best flavor and consistent results.

But to answer your question:

Yes, this was a nice side-effect, letting the Volcano think, it is a Volcano Hybrid. I am really happy with the Hybrid/Medic2. And I agree, the inside of the Hybrid looks very tidy compared to the older models.

Maybe if there are people actually interested in unleashing the full potential of their Volcano Medic 2, I could make a tutorial of it in a new post, but I'm not sure if there are really so many people with a Medic 2 in fc. As far as I know there aren't many countries, where you can get Storz&Bickels medical devices.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Heads up everyone...I received a letter from the company that the power cord in the Hybrid is damaged. They want to send me a new cord and we have to send the old one to them...did anyone else get a letter?

Sales (STORZ & BICKEL)

Dec 14, 2022, 23:47 GMT+1

Hello xxxxxxxxx took my name out,

Please read the following important remarks:
The Power Cord for the VOLCANO HYBRID which you have ordered through our online shop might potentially be damaged. We ask you to please follow these next steps:
  1. Stop using the device with this cord immediately.
  2. Carefully unplug the cord from the mains plug first and then from the device itself.
  3. Do not throw away the cord but keep in a secured place so no one else uses it by mistake.
We will compensate you with a replacement cord as soon as possible. We will ship the replacement to the address that was used to fulfill your original order.
If that address is no longer valid, please provide us with an alternative shipping address. We ask you to please send back the cord by following the instruction you will receive with your replacement item.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, we are happy to help clarify them.

Kristina
Sales

america@storz-bickel.com
www.storz-bickel.com
Tel: 510-761-7687

STORZ & BICKEL America, Inc.
1078 60th St
Oakland, CA 94608
Sales
1078 60th St Suite A
Oakland, CA 94608
Tel: +1-510-451-1553
america@storz-bickel.com

Gnome34

Heads up everyone...I received a letter from the company that the power cord in the Hybrid is damaged. They want to send me a new cord and we have to send the old one to them...did anyone else get a letter?

Sales (STORZ & BICKEL)

Dec 14, 2022, 23:47 GMT+1

Hello xxxxxxxxx took my name out,

Please read the following important remarks:
The Power Cord for the VOLCANO HYBRID which you have ordered through our online shop might potentially be damaged. We ask you to please follow these next steps:
  1. Stop using the device with this cord immediately.
  2. Carefully unplug the cord from the mains plug first and then from the device itself.
  3. Do not throw away the cord but keep in a secured place so no one else uses it by mistake.
We will compensate you with a replacement cord as soon as possible. We will ship the replacement to the address that was used to fulfill your original order.
If that address is no longer valid, please provide us with an alternative shipping address. We ask you to please send back the cord by following the instruction you will receive with your replacement item.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, we are happy to help clarify them.

Kristina
Sales

america@storz-bickel.com
www.storz-bickel.com
Tel: 510-761-7687

1078 60th St
Oakland, CA 94608
Sales
1078 60th St Suite A
Oakland, CA 94608
Tel: +1-510-451-1553
america@storz-bickel.com
I haven't received anything. What site did you buy yours from?

Gnome34,

Dr. G

Old Resident
I haven't received anything. What site did you buy yours from?
From Storz and Bickel...I just use my Classic with balloons. I have the hybrid...hardly gets used. I never liked it compared to the simple Classic. I just LOVE my Classic...I have a White War and Peace and Love edition...whatever that is called. LOL. Maybe the word War is not in there. I am stoned right now. I am just gonna shut my mouth up.

Gnome34

From Storz and Bickel...I just use my Classic with balloons. I have the hybrid...hardly gets used. I never liked it compared to the simple Classic. I just LOVE my Classic...I have a White War and Peace and Love edition...whatever that is called. LOL. Maybe the word War is not in there. I am stoned right now. I am just gonna shut my mouth up.
Do you know your serial number or when you purchased it?

We have left ours plugged in by the bed for like 3-4 months now...wonder if I may be so lucky to die in an electrical fire in my sleep! ...I'm feeling a little morbid this morning, ready for some time off work 😆.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Do you know your serial number or when you purchased it?

We have left ours plugged in by the bed for like 3-4 months now...wonder if I may be so lucky to die in an electrical fire in my sleep! ...I'm feeling a little morbid this morning, ready for some time off work 😆.
I have had my Classic White since when it came out a few months ago...the Hybrid is unplugged and put away for now. I am not taking any chances because the letter does not say what the hell happens! It just said stop using it immediately. When S and B says stop using it...they MEAN IT. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes...I have serial numbers etc. I got the Hybrid in the summer...

TripleP

I’m curious how you did it. A jumper inside? Please enlighten us. :)
No it's not that easy unfortunately. First of all I read out the firmware of the microcontroller and made a backup to be safe. After that I also hacked the Storz and Bickel app because I knew that it can update the hybrid and found the firmware update files in it.
Then I compared the firmware files with the ones I backed up and realized that the firmware is the same for medic and hybrid, so the settings, which were also stored in the flash memory are responsible for letting the device know if it's a hybrid or a medic. So I first tried to change obvious settings like a stored string, which could be hybrid or medic and the serial number. It begins with VH for the volcano hybrid and HM for the volcano medic.
There were additional problems with successfully changing the settings by hand, because there is a checksum, so if the settings are corrupted, it can restore them to default values. I needed some time to figure out the correct calculation for the checksum, so I could change settings without having the medic defaulting them again because it thinks, the settings are broken. But luckily I found the calculation in the S&B app.
After changing the previous named values successfully for the first time, I already had unlocked the temperature settings of it to 230 degrees. Unfortunately bluetooth was still disabled. Of course I didn't want to quit now.
For finding the desired value in the settings, I even needed to decrypt the firmware itself in the end. But then I found it. I changed the value, started the volcano and... the bluetooth symbol was showing up. I opened the app, typed in the changed serial number and could finally connect to my volcano.
Then I vaped a bowl in it with the whip, of course while controlling it in the app. After that I happily went to bed. I worked a whole night on this(10-12hrs).

Of course it wouldn't be that hard to unlock the volcano for someone else now. But if someone wants to do it, he/she still needs to open the top of the volcano, connect the pcb with a st-link flash module and change the according settings. If someone really is interested in doing it, I could make a tutorial. But since flashing a microcontroller isn't something, everyone wants to do with a such an expensive device, I am not quite sure about the use of publishing a step by step tutorial for this.

Top Bottom