• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

Green Kiwi

Sorry, inverted cap lid? What do you mean?
I will try to explain:This is a vapetip @invertedisdead once wrote somewhere here on the forum.
It is using the cap lid from the dosing caps from s&b ,inverted on the load, for some reason this Cookes the bowl quicker, hence more powerful hit's. I can tell after first toke that I forgot to put it in there, whisper vapor.
when first toke is nice and full it's there, I didn't forget:horse:.

the total amount of vapor stays more ore less the same, but because of now being denser ,they amount of time it takes to get trough the bowl is less.
Hope this explains.:cheers::leaf:.

fiixed

I will try to explain:This is a vapetip @invertedisdead once wrote somewhere here on the forum.
It is using the cap lid from the dosing caps from s&b ,inverted on the load, for some reason this Cookes the bowl quicker, hence more powerful hit's. I can tell after first toke that I forgot to put it in there, whisper vapor.

the total amount of vapor stays more ore less the same, but because of now being denser ,they amount of time it takes to get trough the bowl is less.
interesting, so I fill the chamber reducer up normally, but then place an upside down dosing capsule lid on top of the herb, then close the chamber?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Nice to hear your still rocking it! The inverted dosing capsule lid adds conduction to the top of the herb, so it’s getting conduction from the sides and the top, plus convection from below. Powerful!

ChooChooCharlie

Maybe I'm drunk and dense (what else is new?!)

How can an unattached, unheated, thin aluminum lid, which is above both the herb, the heater, and the heated air flow, contribute any heat downward to the load?

Better explanation is tighter containment of material during vaporization with lid? Heated air flow through compacted load, avoiding easy pass-through gaps?

Green Kiwi

interesting, so I fill the chamber reducer up normally, but then place an upside down dosing capsule lid on top of the herb, then close the chamber?
YES, ! that's the idea:leaf:.

How can an unattached, unheated, thin aluminum lid, which is above both the herb, the heater, and the heated air flow, contribute any heat downward to the load?

Better explanation is tighter containment of material during vaporization with lid? Heated air flow through compacted load, avoiding easy pass-through gaps?
nah, I don't think it's because you are drunk(celebrating Vito...)and indeed, I can't explain the physics, because well ,it doesn't make any sense.just looking at nature laws, I also think: how and why.?
can't explain it, but once you tried, you will think:bowdown:....@invertedisdead...I do anyway because of the results:science::freak:.

fiixed

YES, ! that's the idea:leaf:.

nah, I don't think it's because you are drunk(celebrating Vito...)and indeed, I can't explain the physics, because well ,it doesn't make any sense.just looking at nature laws, I also think: how and why.?
can't explain it, but once you tried, you will think:bowdown:....@invertedisdead...I do anyway because of the results:science::freak:.
I actually tried it last night and it did seem like dancer clouds, but then I get it. It didn't seem like it burned through faster than usual so I'm not sure what was happening? I was also pretty high so hard to tell lol

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Well I don’t know about the Volcano Hybrid as I haven’t used a Volcano in ages and never owned a reducer chamber with mine; but with the Mighty the inverted capsule lid nests into the taper of the aluminum bowl, which gets heated directly by the bowl via conduction, which so long as it’s making contact encapsulates the herb in a 3 sided conduction oven, with convection flowing from below.

SirGanjaVapeAlot

Besides the obsidian glass pieces, are there any aftermarket sellers that create accessories for the Hybrid?

Totally new to this just trying to figure out how bad VAS is going to get with this besides the device itself.

fiixed

Besides the obsidian glass pieces, are there any aftermarket sellers that create accessories for the Hybrid?

Totally new to this just trying to figure out how bad VAS is going to get with this besides the device itself.
Yes, go to something like Planet of the Vapes and choose Storz & Bickel accessories from the submenu....there are a lot. delta3D Studios also do a lot of useful 3D printed accessories.

blackstone

I've had mine for nearly two years and all I've needed was a glass whip adapter for 14mm bubbler, and a folded piece of card to load the bowl!
With just those and what's in the box you can do a lot and vape many different ways.
And I also have the larger S&B grinder to make turning it a little easier.
It's my most used vaporizer for quite some time now.
I hardly use my reducer bowl and capsules anymore but it can be fun sometimes for bubbler hits. And I use straight bag now a lot more than whip.
You can put any size amount in the large bowl and you don't even need to think, or arrange it or spread it evenly, and it just gets obliterated. Due to the brilliant emissivity of the surrounding ring of coated aluminium there is simply no escaping the heat.
When I remove the bowl from the vape and open it the load is still giving off final vapors,
it's just like the licence plate in Back to the Future!!
tumblr_orz734aWx31uofr2ko4_540.gifv

RJ in Canada

This is a bit late to the party, but I used to use an Obsidian, but switched to a Mega Globe Mk.2. I also used to use bags but switched to the whip. Never used the whip on the Obsidian...it would work but wouldn't be that stable. The whip on the Mega Globe is not a problem.
I was a little worried about the stability of the Obsidian and whip combo at first. I never actually had a problem but it is a bit wobbly and if you're not paying attention, then bad things could possibly happen. But that can be said about any glass...

I found an ultra small bungee cord that's about as thick as a bootlace and luckily just the right length. I hook the bungee into some black spokes of the upper chamber housing and then loop it around the neck of the Obsidian once the glass is in place. It really exerts zero pressure on the rig but works like a charm. It keeps it from wanting to tilt off center. I don't fault Magma for this wobbly bit - IMO the physics and materials are hard for this connection/seal not to be unstable in the vertical axis. And I imagine that this is no problem at all for bags. This mod just allows me to use it with a whip without worrying about things coming undone. Even though they never did come undone before.

The Obsidian has greatly improved the hybrid experience. It went from good to fantastic...And I like the idea of leaving the glass out of my hands while I use it. In my case, dropping shit is more likely to happen than this baby ever coming loose. And I'm certainly not knocking the Mk.2 or fanboying the Obsidian. We're lucky to have so many choices I suppose.

Socks And Sandals

This is a bit late to the party, but I used to use an Obsidian, but switched to a Mega Globe Mk.2. I also used to use bags but switched to the whip. Never used the whip on the Obsidian...it would work but wouldn't be that stable. The whip on the Mega Globe is not a problem.
This is also a bit late to the party.. pun intended.. :ko: I'm gettin back to this post almost two weeks later.. my apologies.

Interesting.. Sneaky Pete''s store right?

I've been experimenting with both (bags more) but will have to try the whip through my pieces more. What adapter do you use? 14 or 18mm? I bought the obsidian 14mm bag adapter and it's ok but will definitely be using my old Vapexhale 18mm female adapters along with the whip (it's a perfect fit with the s&b hose and my 14 to 18 male adapter) and my few glass rigs a lot more.. It's been a while since I used the whip actually.

Let me know what adapter you got that fits the hose snug! Thanks

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

fiixed

This is also a bit late to the party.. pun intended.. :ko: I'm gettin back to this post almost two weeks later.. my apologies.

Interesting.. Sneaky Pete''s store right?

I've been experimenting with both (bags more) but will have to try the whip through my pieces more. What adapter do you use? 14 or 18mm? I bought the obsidian 14mm bag adapter and it's ok but will definitely be using my old Vapexhale 18mm female adapters along with the whip (it's a perfect fit with the s&b hose and my 14 to 18 male adapter) and my few glass rigs a lot more.. It's been a while since I used the whip actually.

Let me know what adapter you got that fits the hose snug! Thanks
Hey! It's all 14mm, and yes its from Sneaky Pete store. The Mega Globe/Cube actually come with a whip adapter and hose already, but you need a second 14mm hose adapter to attach the Volcano to the Mega Globe. Sneaky Pete sells a universal whip adapter which I initially used, now I use a Stony Lab Glass 90 Degree Vacuum/Gas Inlet Adapter with Hose for Laboratory Lab Supply cos I'm fancy like that.

Socks And Sandals

Hey! It's all 14mm, and yes its from Sneaky Pete store. The Mega Globe/Cube actually come with a whip adapter and hose already, but you need a second 14mm hose adapter to attach the Volcano to the Mega Globe. Sneaky Pete sells a universal whip adapter which I initially used, now I use a Stony Lab Glass 90 Degree Vacuum/Gas Inlet Adapter with Hose for Laboratory Lab Supply cos I'm fancy like that.
That's good to know.. I wasn't sure if you were talking about Pete's globe or Grav's new globe. Also is this the adapter you're talking about? I'm currently using the Volcano Hybrid whip attached to a vapexhale 18mm female hose adapter and my glass. I'd rather just get a 14mm male to bypass that 14/18 male adapter I need to use in my female rigs. I don't have a caliper gauge to measure the diameter of the volcano hose but I'm pretty sure it's close if not the same as the Mega Globe and Vapexhale ones.

Let me know if that's the adapter you use. Since I'll probably be using the Volcano Tube kit and maybe an Obsidian down the line I'll only need the hose adapter to my 14mm female rigs.

fiixed

That's good to know.. I wasn't sure if you were talking about Pete's globe or Grav's new globe. Also is this the adapter you're talking about? I'm currently using the Volcano Hybrid whip attached to a vapexhale 18mm female hose adapter and my glass. I'd rather just get a 14mm male to bypass that 14/18 male adapter I need to use in my female rigs. I don't have a caliper gauge to measure the diameter of the volcano hose but I'm pretty sure it's close if not the same as the Mega Globe and Vapexhale ones.

Let me know if that's the adapter you use. Since I'll probably be using the Volcano Tube kit and maybe an Obsidian down the line I'll only need the hose adapter to my 14mm female rigs.
Sorry did you mean to link something?

Go to the Sneaky Pete Store and search for "UNIVERSAL WHIP ADAPTER". Will be the main result.

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
cheap glow-in-dark kid stickers
help guide non-kid fingers
by sight and touch
whether sober or not

glowindark-for-hybrid-buttons.jpg
We might have to give this a try! The one thing we don't like about our Hybrid is the lack of tactile feedback and this seems like a great, non-intrusive, way to do so.

Also, for those that haven't seen, we carry something called the "Bag Adapter" which is meant to connect your pre-filled bag onto a water pipe, but the connection end is the perfect size for the whip and works just as well with that as it does the bag. We suggest them for people that like keeping the all glass air path, even when using other bubblers like the globe.

Cheers, and happy vaping all!

tbill

We might have to give this a try! The one thing we don't like about our Hybrid is the lack of tactile feedback and this seems like a great, non-intrusive, way to do so.

Also, for those that haven't seen, we carry something called the "Bag Adapter" which is meant to connect your pre-filled bag onto a water pipe, but the connection end is the perfect size for the whip and works just as well with that as it does the bag. We suggest them for people that like keeping the all glass air path, even when using other bubblers like the globe.

Cheers, and happy vaping all!
I am in shock today, as I found out my go to vape for the last 9 years-Vapexhale's Evo went out of business. The Hybrid seems to be #1 recommended. If I was to buy one , should I do so straight from Storz and Bickel ? Should I be beware of other Vape sellers that I never heard of that are offering it cheaper.
Thanks in advance

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
I am in shock today, as I found out my go to vape for the last 9 years-Vapexhale's Evo went out of business. The Hybrid seems to be #1 recommended. If I was to buy one , should I do so straight from Storz and Bickel ? Should I be beware of other Vape sellers that I never heard of that are offering it cheaper.
Thanks in advance
Yes, definitely check out other retailers for solid savings. I know Planet of the Vapes and Cream City Vapes have regular sales, especially around the holiday/Black Friday seasons. You'll never go wrong with ordering from a reputed retailer, and the savings can be significant!

ChooChooCharlie

Remember these GonG bag adapters from 5-6 years ago
PlanetVape used to sell them

Magma put their logo on the piece, and sell it reasonably at $20
Interesting they offer this alternative now

Can search YouTube for an age restricted video by user "VolcanoTips" from 2018. He does an excellent job of showing this adapter vs the Obsidian method

It does work quite well
Takes the edge off of higher temp dense bags

Magma does not include the Keck clip. It is helpful. Prevents pulling out and dropping glass adapter when removing bag. Or, at end of bag, when pulling on bag to straighten it, it's very easy to pull out and drop if not for that Keck clip

Was afraid bag would tip the bong, but no problem

Magma-Bag-Adapter-Gon-G.jpg

You head butt the bag at first, but after a couple draws the bag sags down out of your face. Sag does not impede subsequent draws, whether one-handing the bong or leaving it on counter during draw

Can understand some would prefer this over the Obsidian, maybe the familiar bong holding, gurgling, resistance... Or, want to save money

Many folks probably laugh and say "just hold the bag's mouthpiece against a 14 mm joint." But that's a two-handed pain-in-the-ass process compared to this one-handed leak free solution

Also ordered an Obsidian, gotta try. Ordered UV bacteria killing light box from Amazon for moist bags. Probably overly paranoid

Chaote

discordian
Just picked a Hybrid up. Love it already, but need to organize a bit to make it really work. Was wondering if there were any stands or anything I could put it on to get it up a little off the desk. The base doesn't really get hot, right? Was thinking of getting a monitor riser or a desktop bookshelf organizer (https://www.amazon.com/Expandable-D...783730&sprefix=desk+shelf,aps,68&sr=8-15&th=1) something to set it up on for space utilization.

Top Bottom