• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

Vaporware

Question: Where are all the discredited, persona non grata Liquid Pads buried?

In a landfill next to the old ET Atari games.

8-bit animation GIF

blackstone

One more question did they really stop giving you a concentrated pad with the purchase of a new unit? In fact I look at the website and it doesn’t appear that they even sell it anymore? Anyone have any idea what’s going on?
The drip pad sets are still listed on the European website as parts for the Hybrid, Mighty+ and maybe the others too, so they are maybe just being careful in USA?

They also have a new black S&B beanie hat, and Bud/Troy style sunglasses listed in EU too, in case you guys haven't seen those yet! I have a set of the glasses on the way with my new 3x Hybrid whip set.
I was very good this year because that's about all I bought!

Jerry said S&B are no longer including steel mesh "liquid pads" in any of their vapes. Their attorneys apparently feel this squeaks by the US vape mail ban, no liquid vaping possible, only the legal dry herbs they have always advised in manual

Edit: It's like an old school Soviet removal from photos move. No mention or diagram of Liquid Pads in any PDF manuals or product package listings. Question: Where are all the discredited, persona non grata Liquid Pads buried?
I love how we can refer to those guys just by their first names now, and worldwide everyone knows who you mean!
Was watching a Vapefiend (UK) youtube video earlier where they just mentioned Troy, and of course everyone watching knows who that is by now.
I hope nobody would bury good high-grade stainless steel, it could be melted down and turned into cutlery or marine wares!
As long as they dont dump a bunch of steel pads into a battery recycling bin by mistake.

Congratulations to all new Hybrid owners! Like me, you will surely be glad you moved with the times and got a Hybrid. A vital part of any VAS killing lineup I guarantee!

As you can see here, all the "Ladies" will be "Bugging" you for a go!
Screenshot-2021-12-02-01-37-19.png

Socks And Sandals

Still contemplating this with my Stimulus check. 2 questions:
1. Are the Drip pads and drip pad dosing capsules going to return to the U.S. S&B store? They haven't been discontinued because they still are available on their other international sites. How do these dosing capsules with drip pads for concentrates perform? Really want some opinions from those in the know. I can't image them performing on par with the VapeXhale Quartz tubes, a quartz banger or even my Sic Dish on my FP Vrod.
2. Does S&B do 420 sales in addition to Black Friday? I could wait till then but not till next November LOL!

The Hybrid is an inevitable purchase for me either way, I'm currently trying to decide whether to wait till 420 and also trying to decide between this and upgrading my Flower Pot and Evo.

Thanks!

Socks And Sandals,

JollyGreenGiant

Still contemplating this with my Stimulus check. 2 questions:
1. Are the Drip pads and drip pad dosing capsules going to return to the U.S. S&B store? They haven't been discontinued because they still are available on their other international sites. How do these dosing capsules with drip pads for concentrates perform? Really want some opinions from those in the know. I can't image them performing on par with the VapeXhale Quartz tubes, a quartz banger or even my Sic Dish on my FP Vrod.
2. Does S&B do 420 sales in addition to Black Friday? I could wait till then but not till next November LOL!

The Hybrid is an inevitable purchase for me either way, I'm currently trying to decide whether to wait till 420 and also trying to decide between this and upgrading my Flower Pot and Evo.

Thanks!

Hi there - I have the Hybrid Onyx, and for concentrates i'd say pass. I used it for concentrates exactly once, but my Puffco Peak Pro works materially better, so it seemed fruitless to experiment further.

RE: Sales - buy from planet of the vapes right now, to get 20% off S&B as their holiday sale seems to still be working - and you also get a $15 gift card for future orders, along with a free 3.5g herb storage container. The $15 gift card is sent to your email within seconds, so place one order for the device itself, you'll get a $15 GC, then place a second order immediately thereafter with any/all of the accessories you were planning to purchase, that they have in stock. That's about as good as it gets (from what i've seen) and they ship fast. I just did that right now for an order I placed for a taffee bowle.

Socks And Sandals

Hi there - I have the Hybrid Onyx, and for concentrates i'd say pass. I used it for concentrates exactly once, but my Puffco Peak Pro works materially better, so it seemed fruitless to experiment further.

RE: Sales - buy from planet of the vapes right now, to get 20% off S&B as their holiday sale seems to still be working - and you also get a $15 gift card for future orders, along with a free 3.5g herb storage container. The $15 gift card is sent to your email within seconds, so place one order for the device itself, you'll get a $15 GC, then place a second order immediately thereafter with any/all of the accessories you were planning to purchase, that they have in stock. That's about as good as it gets (from what i've seen) and they ship fast. I just did that right now for an order I placed for a taffee bowle.

Thank you brother! If I decide on the Volcano now... Planet of the Vapes it is then!

I didn't expect the liquid pads to match up to a dedicated dab device like the peak or my VXL nails or my FP Sapphire Dish. I'm sure I'll end up trying it somewhere down the line tho. But yeah, I wasn't expecting those pads to be anywhere near efficient either! Hope you're enjoying your Peak because my brother definitely is! :tup:

Justpassedu

Been reading a bit through the hybrid thread and noticing allot of people that are not happy with the filling chambers on the hybrid. I used to own the classic with solid valve and loved it and after a bit I had gotten the easy valve but always liked the solid valve better. This kind of brings me to asking , if I was to get another volcano would it be best to go with the classic again or the hybrid as I see the hybrid has benefits over the classic when it comes to heat up and vapor output ? I particularly don't care to really use the whip setup , just fill bags but I do want the best storz & bickel has to offer.

Justpassedu,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Any concerns over the filling chamber itself is rearranging deck chairs on the titanic, IMO. Yes, if you leave your volcano on 24/7 and leave the chamber on it 24/7 you’re going to ruin them. It’s a hybrid, the bowl also heats up, therefore it requires different handling.

If you have a classic and are happy with it, no reason to change. If you are buying a brand new unit, I don’t see any reason not to get the hybrid.

Socks And Sandals

Been waiting for someone to post here again (since the rules state "No back to back posts") so I could! Anyhow I finally bought it and It arrived on Jan 11.. just two days before I ran out and started my Tolerance break on the 13! I have to say I really was impressed with it for the two whole days I was able to use it! Didn't experiment too much with the whip yet but I love the bags.. Something really chill about them and the flavor is very similiar to what I remember my Plenty and Mighty were.

When I get done with my tolerance break the weekend of Feb 11th..(around 30 days) I'll be back after that to report. This is my very first tolerance break ever after using every night for insomnia for nearly 12 years! The timing absolutely sucked when my Volcano arrived but I didn't let that stop my convictions to want to stop for an entire month for my T break. Wish me luck!

I picked up the chamber reducer too and plan to get another filling chamber hopefully on 420 to be used without the reducer and dosing capsules! Can't wait for this tolerance break to end now that I finally own all 3 of my dream vapes.. The Evo, The Flowerpot and The Volcano!

Last edited:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
That’s really dope, I’m glad you liked it and got the vapes you always wanted. You can post back to back after like 6/8 hours after the edit button is gone I believe.

I just got off a month long tolerance break too

JollyGreenGiant

I'd like to make a public apology to the legendary Volcano. I've been playing with all the new toys for quite some time, and I had only used the Volcano Hybrid Onyx a few times (literally) before losing interest and moving on to other desktops, but I got a wild hair today and took it out for a run. Time to eat crow...

While I stand behind my prior assessment that the flavor from a Volcano Hybrid is middle of the road - it's incredibly easy to use, heats up quickly for a desktop plug in (mine gets to temp in sub 1 min), it's fun to use, easy to clean, has loads of neat options (chamber reducer, pods, whip, bags, glass bubblers, bag filling workflows in the app, etc) and the darn thing hits like a brick. To my eye, it's also the most attractive desktop vaporizer I've seen in the flesh - the matte black is applied with exceptional precision, it has a wonderful hue to it, which changes throughout the day as the light in the room goes through its daily cycle with the sun - whereby the matte finish reflects against the angles of light differently throughout the day. That, coupled with the orange "molten lava" colored text on the logo and LED display - makes for an understated, yet incredibly handsome and stately appliance that scream quality. Even though it's been unplugged and unused for more than a month - it's a pleasure to keep out on the desk, and I've intentionally not put it away, as it's a strangely reassuring reminder of timelessness of a simplistic, quality design.

While the flavor isn't as good as some of the other devices I own, the heavy hitting Herborizer Ti doesn't hit that much harder than the volcano hybrid - if it's like for like on the amount of material. With the Volcano - you don't get it all in one or two shots, like you do with the Herborizer Ti, you need to take quite a few more draws - but the overall final effect I believe is stronger from the Volcano Hybrid with a whip, VS the Herborizer Ti when like for like weights of material are taken into account. I think the ultra heavies like the Herb TI, etc apply such a broader heat profile, which vaporizes most everything immediately - your body can only absorb so much in a single inhale or stretching the extraction period and temp variability allows broader terpene extraction, especially since you can easily temp step with the Volcano?

For solo use - with the inexpensive S&B metal pod system, the chamber reducer which perfectly fits the metal pods, and the 40 pod "all at once" creation station, you can make 40 pods for Volcano in 5 minutes or less, and then have 40 sessions at the ready in as little as 1 minute of heat up/soak time - and it ends NO cleaning/brushing of any sort. Merely twist the chamber off the Volcano, toss the metal pod (into a reclaim jar, or the trash) and you're done. With one simple cord, and parts that seamlessly twist and push on/off - you literally can go from a cold unit, to vaping in sub 1 min, vape the pod to full extraction in a min or two, then take sub 10 seconds to turn it off and pitch the pod and you're off, which is FAR faster that many of the other "heavy hitting" desktops. For heavier hits, loading up the full bowl without the pods offers (for me) a greater impact than two bowls from the Herborizer Ti do, so if you have multiple people over, or you are planning a solo trip to Narnia, it's got the muscle for the job.

If your primary goal is to be whisked away on a magic carpet ride, with minimal fuss - the Volcano Hybrid is hard to fault and accomplishes this task with a compelling, albeit premium value proposition. With stellar utilization of your material, super easy to clean design, reliable as a hammer reputation (which infers a lifespan of decades of heavy use), tons of compelling and experience enhancing options, and sub 1 minute heat up times, i'll eat my humble pie and read more, and talk/judge less 😁

The Volcano (and Hybrid) may not be the center of attention like they had been a decade+ ago, but like some classics - the Volcano may be one of those timeless modern icons like Bose, Apple, Dyson, etc. The name alone equates to quality and consistency, and you generally know when you buy the product - exactly what you're getting. It may not always be the best product in its class at any given period, but at one point the brand revolutionized an industry, and never stopped making products of exceptional quality and function. When those new flash in a pan products have long since been retired or exceeded their functional lifespan - I have no doubt those Volcano's will still be roaring strong. There's something special about products like that.

All in all - it's been a humbling reminder to not rush to premature judgement of a product, and a pleasant reminder of why S&B, and their flagship Volcano product line are legendary. Sure - it may be long in the tooth.... but sometimes the oldies are the goodies, and while the Volcano may be that classic song you've heard a thousand times, it'll still make you nod your head and tap your foot to the beat every time.

Storz & Bickel Volcano Hybrid Onyx - you've earned a spot in my primary rotation, and with the quick heat up and its ease of use with pods - i'm sure it will get used at least once a week. It'll be interesting to see how much ground it holds against some incoming competition, but it certainly has held its position on my desk as the sole desktop vaporizer kept out. The Herborizer Ti has been relegated away into the recesses of the back of a closet, only to be dug out for special occasions.

Green Kiwi

I'd like to make a public apology to the legendary Volcano. I've been playing with all the new toys for quite some time, and I had only used the Volcano Hybrid Onyx a few times (literally) before losing interest and moving on to other desktops, but I got a wild hair today and took it out for a run. Time to eat crow...

While I stand behind my prior assessment that the flavor from a Volcano Hybrid is middle of the road - it's incredibly easy to use, heats up quickly for a desktop plug in (mine gets to temp in sub 1 min), it's fun to use, easy to clean, has loads of neat options (chamber reducer, pods, whip, bags, glass bubblers, bag filling workflows in the app, etc) and the darn thing hits like a brick. To my eye, it's also the most attractive desktop vaporizer I've seen in the flesh - the matte black is applied with exceptional precision, it has a wonderful hue to it, which changes throughout the day as the light in the room goes through its daily cycle with the sun - whereby the matte finish reflects against the angles of light differently throughout the day. That, coupled with the orange "molten lava" colored text on the logo and LED display - makes for an understated, yet incredibly handsome and stately appliance that scream quality. Even though it's been unplugged and unused for more than a month - it's a pleasure to keep out on the desk, and I've intentionally not put it away, as it's a strangely reassuring reminder of timelessness of a simplistic, quality design.

While the flavor isn't as good as some of the other devices I own, the heavy hitting Herborizer Ti doesn't hit that much harder than the volcano hybrid - if it's like for like on the amount of material. With the Volcano - you don't get it all in one or two shots, like you do with the Herborizer Ti, you need to take quite a few more draws - but the overall final effect I believe is stronger from the Volcano Hybrid with a whip, VS the Herborizer Ti when like for like weights of material are taken into account. I think the ultra heavies like the Herb TI, etc apply such a broader heat profile, which vaporizes most everything immediately - your body can only absorb so much in a single inhale or stretching the extraction period and temp variability allows broader terpene extraction, especially since you can easily temp step with the Volcano?

For solo use - with the inexpensive S&B metal pod system, the chamber reducer which perfectly fits the metal pods, and the 40 pod "all at once" creation station, you can make 40 pods for Volcano in 5 minutes or less, and then have 40 sessions at the ready in as little as 1 minute of heat up/soak time - and it ends NO cleaning/brushing of any sort. Merely twist the chamber off the Volcano, toss the metal pod (into a reclaim jar, or the trash) and you're done. With one simple cord, and parts that seamlessly twist and push on/off - you literally can go from a cold unit, to vaping in sub 1 min, vape the pod to full extraction in a min or two, then take sub 10 seconds to turn it off and pitch the pod and you're off, which is FAR faster that many of the other "heavy hitting" desktops. For heavier hits, loading up the full bowl without the pods offers (for me) a greater impact than two bowls from the Herborizer Ti do, so if you have multiple people over, or you are planning a solo trip to Narnia, it's got the muscle for the job.

If your primary goal is to be whisked away on a magic carpet ride, with minimal fuss - the Volcano Hybrid is hard to fault and accomplishes this task with a compelling, albeit premium value proposition. With stellar utilization of your material, super easy to clean design, reliable as a hammer reputation (which infers a lifespan of decades of heavy use), tons of compelling and experience enhancing options, and sub 1 minute heat up times, i'll eat my humble pie and read more, and talk/judge less 😁

The Volcano (and Hybrid) may not be the center of attention like they had been a decade+ ago, but like some classics - the Volcano may be one of those timeless modern icons like Bose, Apple, Dyson, etc. The name alone equates to quality and consistency, and you generally know when you buy the product - exactly what you're getting. It may not always be the best product in its class at any given period, but at one point the brand revolutionized an industry, and never stopped making products of exceptional quality and function. When those new flash in a pan products have long since been retired or exceeded their functional lifespan - I have no doubt those Volcano's will still be roaring strong. There's something special about products like that.

All in all - it's been a humbling reminder to not rush to premature judgement of a product, and a pleasant reminder of why S&B, and their flagship Volcano product line are legendary. Sure - it may be long in the tooth.... but sometimes the oldies are the goodies, and while the Volcano may be that classic song you've heard a thousand times, it'll still make you nod your head and tap your foot to the beat every time.

Storz & Bickel Volcano Hybrid Onyx - you've earned a spot in my primary rotation, and with the quick heat up and its ease of use with pods - i'm sure it will get used at least once a week. It'll be interesting to see how much ground it holds against some incoming competition, but it certainly has held its position on my desk as the sole desktop vaporizer kept out. The Herborizer Ti has been relegated away into the recesses of the back of a closet, only to be dug out for special occasions.
What an excellent review, you just put in to words my own thoughts about the Hybrid.
I would have never thought this but, I love the whip!
I use more whip than bags. but always with the help of the Obsidian, I know some people can handle it dry(though they seem to be a minority )
But it gives my way to much irritation, while the Obsidian doesn't steal a the many active's(:hmm:small water amount responsible?).

My love the Hybrid(since I bought different chamber holders from different suppliers , I have not have the melting chamber problem at all. anymore.)

It's always there and always reliable for meds.:love::luv:.

It's solid!

Andy

My love the Hybrid(since I bought different chamber holders from different suppliers , I have not have the melting chamber problem at all. anymore.)
Do you know of a J hook (the whip attachment) that doesn’t break/melt?

Andy,

JollyGreenGiant

What an excellent review, you just put in to words my own thoughts about the Hybrid.
I would have never thought this but, I love the whip!
I use more whip than bags. but always with the help of the Obsidian, I know some people can handle it dry(though they seem to be a minority )
But it gives my way to much irritation, while the Obsidian doesn't steal a the many active's(:hmm:small water amount responsible?).

It's always there and always reliable for meds.:love::luv:.

It's solid!

I too use the whip way more than the bags… never been a “bag guy” - although that may change when I start playing around with the workflows in the app to make “perfect bags.”

I also have the Obsidian, and I agree it improves the experience, but I can take hits dry from the Hybrid without coughing (although at high temp, they are awfully drying) so more often than not, I don’t bother with the extra effort required from the Obsidian.

Timps27

@JollyGreenGiant The workflows are the only way I use bags, technically bags are the only way to get a mix of temps in one inhale. So you can push low temp into the bag to get flavor, and then high temp vapor on top for effects!

JollyGreenGiant

@JollyGreenGiant The workflows are the only way I use bags, technically bags are the only way to get a mix of temps in one inhale. So you can push low temp into the bag to get flavor, and then high temp vapor on top for effects!

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but can you share the workflows you’ve dialed in and are happy with? Would love to give them a go. I assume you don’t have an obsidian? The bubbler makes the inside of the bags wet, so there’s some extra work involved to make sure they dry out on the inside, before they’re rolled up and stashed.

JollyGreenGiant,

Timps27

I don’t have an android so I can’t do custom workflows AFAIK, so I’ve only used the stock ones (webapp), and really if I’m honest the first one was so good I really haven’t tried the others much. I have a Magma, if you just put the butt end of one of the S&B brushes in the bag it will be dry by morning!

Green Kiwi

@Green Kiwi Could you provide more info on the different filling chamber holders (supplier, material)? Maybe i am too blind, but i couldn't find anything.
Thanks!
Haha,LOL, no you are not to blind, i'am vague as per normal.:tinfoil:,
to answer your question, no as far as I know also their are not yet alternative chamber holders,
what I meant. was the chamber holder and whip attachment that came with my Volcano where SHIT, They melted, and got some filthy looking different coloured spots in the orange🤢🤬.
I have not bothered with warranty, instead I thought, since I am one of the very few, it must be the batch of plastic.
So I bought 6 new ones and the orange thing for the whip, by all different suppliers, (vapefiend,verdampt nog mal,Helenskinz,hy tech vape, etc.)with the idea there must be at least one good set in from 6 different suppliers(batches??),.
Which is the case:tup:, actually all except one, are still in heavy use.
That one that I trow out had brown spots on 2 of the spokes ,BUT that was MY fold, as I had left it on the volcano while on for 3 hours accidentally.
Hope this answers your question.:cheers:.

Grampyhash

I agree wholeheartedly with all the points in your apology. I came to the same realization a yr ago and now its a daily driver that is ON if I'm home.

Socks And Sandals

That’s really dope, I’m glad you liked it and got the vapes you always wanted. You can post back to back after like 6/8 hours after the edit button is gone I believe.

I just got off a month long tolerance break too
Me too man, thanks! I'll keep that in mind next time I post!

I have only used the volcano twice before my tolerance break! Today I went to the dispensary after the first 30 day tolerance break in almost 12 years.. It hit me on my ass.. However I didn't get that hallucinatory experience I got from it when I was 16 years old.. probably due to me still developing I guess.. Never the less, it was the nicest high I had in a while! Now granted I haven't even read the instructions yet or messed with the App or Workflows but I did a bag earlier on 390F and then again at Max setting 446F. I have done 2 bags in the last 4 hours like this and while I do get sort of a 3rd bag.. it's mainly transparent and gone by the 3rd.

I have yet to use the whip yet too! I'll report back as soon as I have some details to report! Have been using nothing but dosing capsules with the chamber reducer and plan on getting another filling chamber to experiment with larger loads. I should have some experience with the whip next time I post along with workflows! Oh and shit.. I still need a WPA for the whip.. a 14mm male adapter? Looking for the best recommendation please.. and I would prefer a straight 14mm male as opposed to a universal one!

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: Sour Dream

JollyGreenGiant

Me too man, thanks! I'll keep that in mind next time I post!

I have only used the volcano twice before my tolerance break! Today I went to the dispensary after the first 30 day tolerance break in almost 12 years.. It hit me on my ass.. However I didn't get that hallucinatory experience I got from it when I was 16 years old.. probably due to me still developing I guess.. Never the less, it was the nicest high I had in a while! Now granted I haven't even read the instructions yet or messed with the App or Workflows but I did a bag earlier on 390F and then again at Max setting 446F. I have done 2 bags in the last 4 hours like this and while I do get sort of a 3rd bag.. it's mainly transparent and gone by the 3rd.

I have yet to use the whip yet too! I'll report back as soon as I have some details to report! Have been using nothing but dosing capsules with the chamber reducer and plan on getting another filling chamber to experiment with larger loads. I should have some experience with the whip next time I post along with workflows! Oh and shit.. I still need a WPA for the whip.. a 14mm male adapter? Looking for the best recommendation please.. and I would prefer a straight 14mm male as opposed to a universal one!

Instead of a WPA - you might want to just get an obsidian bubbler which will cool and humidify not just for the whip, but also the bags. If you're sensitive to the drying effects of hot vapor - it makes a huge difference, in fact you have to leave the bags with the easy valve in, so the condensation dries out as the inside of the bags will be wet, it works so well. It's also very small/compact - which is nice, since the volcano isn't exactly small.

Top Bottom