Volcano Hybrid

ChooChooCharlie

Obsidian helps tame dry and scratchy higher temps

AVB-shades-Hybrid-and-Mighty.jpg

Turning off pump after filling lets bag's pressure push some water downward, but the overflow chamber works as designed

Obsidian-overflow.jpg

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Hey ChooChooCharlie,

Nice pics showing the difference in the color of the vaped bud! If you're getting water reversal, you may be filling the top chamber just a tad too much. Try filling to just beneath the vent holes and you shouldn't experience any reversal while still getting the same cooling and humidification.

Cheers!

justcametomind

any one have a good work flow to fully extract a dosing cap in 1 bag? thank you :)
No hybrid here but there’s no average capsule, resin content has to be taken into account. My weed could have twice the Thc than yours and do twice the vapor. Not to mention curing degree, humidity and the other factors that affect vapor production. I bet that no workflow could do better than 230°C with an XL bag (mandatory imho if you want to extract a whole capsule at once).

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
ive been vaping a bit with the reducer bowl lately and its really awesome for vaping kief

I had a big bag of kief ive been collecting forever and finally tried using the reducer bowl and packing it in very tight no dosing capsule and its pretty great results without a lot of mess and it produces a tight puck of kief thats evenly vaped and easy to clean out with a tap

SirGanjaVapeAlot

What I do is

Heat 385
Hold 25 Sec
Air 5 sec
Heat 395
Hold 7 Sec
Air 6 sec
Heat 405
Hold 7 sec
Air 6 sec
Heat 415
Hold 7 sec
Air 7 sec
Heat 422
Hold 7 sec
Air 11 sec

Bag will be at it's point and very cloudy.

So I had to grab the Volcano Medic 2, which doesn't have the Bluetooth support, I was wondering if you have done this manually, or if it is just super impractical to do without the app?

chary-ka

So I had to grab the Volcano Medic 2, which doesn't have the Bluetooth support, I was wondering if you have done this manually, or if it is just super impractical to do without the app?
I have not tried it manually. I would assume it can be done. Don't need exact seconds, but just temp step and let it hold at the next temp for a few seconds to help heat up the chamber.

Cereal4dinner

What I do is

Heat 385
Hold 25 Sec
Air 5 sec
Heat 395
Hold 7 Sec
Air 6 sec
Heat 405
Hold 7 sec
Air 6 sec
Heat 415
Hold 7 sec
Air 7 sec
Heat 422
Hold 7 sec
Air 11 sec

Bag will be at it's point and very cloudy.

so I tried this, it for sure extracts an entire bowl into one bag and for sure fucks you up… but it tastes like burnt popcorn lol. I’m gona adjust the recipe so it doesn’t go above 210 c

Cereal4dinner,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

SirGanjaVapeAlot

so I tried this, it for sure extracts an entire bowl into one bag and for sure fucks you up… but it tastes like burnt popcorn lol. I’m gona adjust the recipe so it doesn’t go above 210 c

What size bag are you using that can hold this amount of vapor. I imagine it's not the stock bags that come with the device?

SirGanjaVapeAlot,

RJ in Canada

Here's an interesting article about the company that now owns Storz & Bickel - Canopy Growth:

Article here

I hope that it doesn't spell bad news for users of their products if it all goes tits up...After all, S&B was the driving force that drove Herbalizer into bankruptcy with BS patent fights and now they (CG) may be going down themselves. I agree with the part of the article that puts the blame on the fall of this once mighty - at least in Canada - POS (CG) on "crummy management"! Imagine that....

hausland

Here's an interesting article about the company that now owns Storz & Bickel - Canopy Growth:

Article here

I hope that it doesn't spell bad news for users of their products if it all goes tits up...After all, S&B was the driving force that drove Herbalizer into bankruptcy with BS patent fights and now they (CG) may be going down themselves. I agree with the part of the article that puts the blame on the fall of this once mighty - at least in Canada - POS (CG) on "crummy management"! Imagine that....
Thank you for sharing this article, very interesting read about the state of the Canadian Cannabis industry as a whole!

ontopofclouds

if canopy goes down storz and bickel would most likely just be sold off as part of the dissolution of the company

canopy as a whole may be failing but i dont think theres anything to indicate that storz and bickel is struggling

“Some assets in Canopy’s portfolio have value, but we believe [the company] has built a strategy dependent on U.S. legalization, where prospects have worsened,” CIBC World Markets analyst John Zamparo wrote in a recent note to clients.

i assume s&b would be considered one of those assets

RJ in Canada

if canopy goes down storz and bickel would most likely just be sold off as part of the dissolution of the company

canopy as a whole may be failing but i dont think theres anything to indicate that storz and bickel is struggling

i assume s&b would be considered one of those assets
I agree that there is true value to the S&B brand - let's hope that someone else in the future may agree with us. It's most likely that Canopy WAY overpaid for S&B in their binge buying days. But someone could end up with S&B for cents on the Canopy dollar price. I worry about hiccups that may occur if Canopy went belly up and the time before someone else picked it up. Mainly as far as production and distribution of accessories are concerned.

And as far as the cannabis industry in general, Canada represents opportunity lost. The big boys came in with world domination in mind and did just as good as Dr Evil did. In Canada, cannabis is actually cheaper on the streets vs. cannabis shops and as long as you had a steady supply in the past, for the most part you just stuck with that. Shop products -flower, edibles, tinctures, etc are way too expensive. And now the novelty has worn off. For me, I grow my own indoors and my total full in cost never exceeds $1 per gram so I have no dog in this race. I'm just glad I live in a place where I can grow my own without being a criminal. If my house burns down, the insurance still works as long as I wasn't an idiot. And even though I emit no smells, you don't have to worry about those "concerned" neighbours if you do!

SirGanjaVapeAlot

Does anyone have the exact dimensions of the device, like the corners and top of the cone not just the "l * w * h"? I'm away from home for a few days and found a local guy who can make me a proper foam insert to put in a bag to stash all the Volcano pieces since VapeCases have completely disappeared, was hoping maybe someone knew them offhand?

HughJass

Does anyone have the exact dimensions of the device, like the corners and top of the cone not just the "l * w * h"? I'm away from home for a few days and found a local guy who can make me a proper foam insert to put in a bag to stash all the Volcano pieces since VapeCases have completely disappeared, was hoping maybe someone knew them offhand?
Not off the top of my head, but I can measure that for you.

On a side note-CloudTen still makes one, I have two (one for the classic and hybrid)
If you want a ‘manufactured’ case. (Although I do like how neatly everything fits and stacks up in this case)

Although I admit, I would never pay $70 for this case, I got both of mine for a about half off (20% off sale, and each time I had more than $20 off in in store credit from buying each volcano)

I just pulled the beasts down from their shelf to get a more accurate measurement for you, and for the hybrid specifically.

I wish there was a picture I could just send you, but I will opt for being as specific as I can. (First set of measurements explains exactly what the measurement is of and try’s to explain how I’m measuring it, the second simplified set bellow should make sense, and is the one you should use, but if it doesn’t see first set for explanation)

The smaller diameter (diameter of the base ‘puck’, which is underneath the slightly wider cone) is 7&1/4in
(or almost exactly 18cm)
And goes straight up for 1&3/4in (a little over 4.5cm (the little peg legs are the difference between 4cm and almost 5cm)
*The bottom of the cone of the volcano is wider, at 7.89in or almost exactly 20cm (19.8cm)

The cone is about 5&1/8in (or almost exactly 13cm) tall. (Note this is not the direct measurement against the side/slope of the device, just the vertical height from the flare of the cone, at the bottom, to the top, measured by putting something flat on top of the volcano to see where it’s height stops against the vertical measuring tape)
-With just under 2&1/2in top diameter (or almost exactly 6cm)

The total height, the combination of the come height and base height) is approximately 18cm

So in simplified form,
Base puck is 18cm (7.25”) in diameter and in between 4 to 5cm tall (approximately 1.6” to 1.9” -with and without the measurement of the legs included)

The cone that sits on top is 20cm (7.89”) in diameter and 13cm (5.125”) tall, with a taper to the top, which is 6cm (~2.5”) in diameter.

Total height of device measures roughly 18cm (or roughly, 7.25”)

So they’re ~7inch l*w*h measurements are fairly accurate (albeit without the specific measurements it’s much harder to tell where the cone tapers and how much)

If you need me to take any other measurements feel free to ask. (It’s not that big of a deal to pull the box with them back down) (I was also thinking it would almost be easier if the measurements where for a cross section of half/a quarter slice of the device/ in radius, making it easier to create the shape for one side and easily be able to mirror it)

Any ways, good luck in building, or finding, a case that works best for you!

SirGanjaVapeAlot

Not off the top of my head, but I can measure that for you.

On a side note-CloudTen still makes one, I have two (one for the classic and hybrid)
If you want a ‘manufactured’ case. (Although I do like how neatly everything fits and stacks up in this case)

Although I admit, I would never pay $70 for this case, I got both of mine for a about half off (20% off sale, and each time I had more than $20 off in in store credit from buying each volcano)

I just pulled the beasts down from their shelf to get a more accurate measurement for you, and for the hybrid specifically.

I wish there was a picture I could just send you, but I will opt for being as specific as I can. (First set of measurements explains exactly what the measurement is of and try’s to explain how I’m measuring it, the second simplified set bellow should make sense, and is the one you should use, but if it doesn’t see first set for explanation)

The smaller diameter (diameter of the base ‘puck’, which is underneath the slightly wider cone) is 7&1/4in
(or almost exactly 18cm)
And goes straight up for 1&3/4in (a little over 4.5cm (the little peg legs are the difference between 4cm and almost 5cm)
*The bottom of the cone of the volcano is wider, at 7.89in or almost exactly 20cm (19.8cm)

The cone is about 5&1/8in (or almost exactly 13cm) tall. (Note this is not the direct measurement against the side/slope of the device, just the vertical height from the flare of the cone, at the bottom, to the top, measured by putting something flat on top of the volcano to see where it’s height stops against the vertical measuring tape)
-With just under 2&1/2in top diameter (or almost exactly 6cm)

The total height, the combination of the come height and base height) is approximately 18cm

So in simplified form,
Base puck is 18cm (7.25”) in diameter and in between 4 to 5cm tall (approximately 1.6” to 1.9” -with and without the measurement of the legs included)

The cone that sits on top is 20cm (7.89”) in diameter and 13cm (5.125”) tall, with a taper to the top, which is 6cm (~2.5”) in diameter.

Total height of device measures roughly 18cm (or roughly, 7.25”)

So they’re ~7inch l*w*h measurements are fairly accurate (albeit without the specific measurements it’s much harder to tell where the cone tapers and how much)

If you need me to take any other measurements feel free to ask. (It’s not that big of a deal to pull the box with them back down) (I was also thinking it would almost be easier if the measurements where for a cross section of half/a quarter slice of the device/ in radius, making it easier to create the shape for one side and easily be able to mirror it)

Any ways, good luck in building, or finding, a case that works best for you!
If this was Reddit I'd give you a Platinum this is perfect! The local place I found does industrial orders and mainly does foam for gun cases but they decided to help a cripple out, but asked for the dimensions of the device. The diameters and the specific measurements are exactly what he asked for. Thanks so much :)

Basically my idea is to have him make the foam cutout, and then within the wall of the Volcano's foam cutout have little cutout circles and inside the removable foam circle have a space for the funnel and another cutout with space for all the replacement screens and pieces like a small box. Might have to do those modifications myself but I thought it would be a novel way to use the material and space more effectively, and then on the top have larger storage spaces for a grinder, for storage jars, and maybe even a space for the Magma :D

Edit: tried to post images in the reply but for some reason didn't work

Last edited:

redrum891

I saw a youtube video of a guy using a chamber reducer and using 4x 6mm terp pearls(it helps heat it up and then cool down with different type of diffusion the vapor passing through it) and I can tell I can blow a bag at 420F and not burn my throat at all...

has anyone else used this and I'm not under the placebo effect, also my reducer leaks out flower on the side....wondering if mine is defective or this is normal?

IMG_20220810_005644851.jpg

here is the video, at 4:40 it starts about the reducer and terp pearls.

I saw a youtube video of a guy using a chamber reducer and using 4x 6mm terp pearls(it helps heat it up and then cool down with different type of diffusion the vapor passing through it) and I can tell I can blow a bag at 420F and not burn my throat at all...

has anyone else used this and I'm not under the placebo effect, also my reducer leaks out flower on the side....wondering if mine is defective or this is normal?

found a temp or maybe perma fix. I put the small part of the dosing capsule over the top to prevent spillage.

I run this at 420F and it does not have a harsh taste / coughing at all. I think these pearls are helping a ton to cool down the vapor after it's been heated up and passes through the pearls.

After using my freezepipe klein recycler, I felt like I was losing vapor or not getting as much and maybe the glycerin losing temp, causing condensation to build up and trap some of the valor? I might try it without freezing it, the klein is a nice oil rig.

I get way more from the bag itself and wondering if I wouldn't even need a obsidian to make the perfect bag, I get insane flavor from doing 390-420F temps, I'll do 390 then a 420 bag and throw it out the rest(Depends what I am vaping, better herb I can get 3 bags, I don't have med/legal herb here)

if someone could try the pearls and test the ratios or whatever, that would be cool.

Cereal4dinner

found a temp or maybe perma fix. I put the small part of the dosing capsule over the top to prevent spillage.

I run this at 420F and it does not have a harsh taste / coughing at all. I think these pearls are helping a ton to cool down the vapor after it's been heated up and passes through the pearls.

After using my freezepipe klein recycler, I felt like I was losing vapor or not getting as much and maybe the glycerin losing temp, causing condensation to build up and trap some of the valor? I might try it without freezing it, the klein is a nice oil rig.

I get way more from the bag itself and wondering if I wouldn't even need a obsidian to make the perfect bag, I get insane flavor from doing 390-420F temps, I'll do 390 then a 420 bag and throw it out the rest(Depends what I am vaping, better herb I can get 3 bags, I don't have med/legal herb here)

if someone could try the pearls and test the ratios or whatever, that would be cool.

I tried using some terp pearls in the dosing caps. I didnt notice a change in the smoothness, doubt the pearls do fuck all for cooling. I did notice as I used less material, the flavour suffered greatly. More weed more terps. So personally id rather use more flower and extract less than more efficiently extract less material. the value your getting from reducing the oven isn't worth ruining the experience for me. If my tolerance was a lot lower I might consider terp pearls again, but i extract probably 70 percent of the good shit I want in a dosing cap anyways. Also terp pearls and flower is messy. The dosing cap is already enough of a microdose for the average user imo. To each there own tho

What size bag are you using that can hold this amount of vapor. I imagine it's not the stock bags that come with the device?
stock bag, recipe fills it perfectly

Last edited:
Cereal4dinner,
Hello fellow Volcano Hybrid users :-) I just received my Volcano Hybrid (to add to my great experience with the Mighty+ and some other great vapes), and I had a question about longer/drawn out sessions. I'm aware that I'm not to leave the filling cap on while the heater is on when I'm not drawing from it when filling a balolon or using the tube as to prevent it from damage. With the balloon that works out fine for me since I'll just fill it in one go and be done, but with the tube, I like to take a draw or two, then stop and wait about 15 minutes and repeat that process for about an hour when the dosage capsule is usually spent at that point. With the Mighty+ the way I do that, is I just shut off the unit after I've had a couple of draws, then turn it back on 15 minutes later for my next couple of draws, turn it off again, and so on...

So my question is: when using the Volcano Hybrid, should I do the same: take a couple of draws form the tube, then turn-off the unit, and then take off the filling cap each time, or can I leave it on since I'm turning off the unit between each 15-minutes? Just want to make sure I use it safely and don't damage anything. I don't know if anyone does more drawn out/longer session like this, vs. just vaping the entire dosage capsule in one go? But I like to kind of sip on it over an hour or so.

Thank you in advanced, so far this thing is solid and built like a tank...definitely an amazing build quality as one of the best in my collection!

Wai'uli'uli,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
No need to turn it off, but I would remove the chamber for sure. It’s a hybrid, so all the time the chamber is on it is getting *some* heat in the material. When I pull the bag off if I don’t intend to immediately fill another I always remove the chamber.

No need to turn it off, but I would remove the chamber for sure. It’s a hybrid, so all the time the chamber is on it is getting *some* heat in the material. When I pull the bag off if I don’t intend to immediately fill another I always remove the chamber.
Thank you, I'll make sure to take it off each time then :-)

Wai'uli'uli,
Top Bottom