Volcano Hybrid

olysh pops

At the beginning I used cotton as you can see on picture, after I only use a screen instead of cotton, thermostat always at 9.

IMG_3968-scaled-e1662558739223.jpg

Sometimes I put the Filling Chamber (filled) on the Hot Air Outlet a few minutes before inflating the balloon to take advantage of the conduction effect and increase the vaporization temperature a bit.

;)

Last edited:

Vape_Or_Die420

Hate to say I told ya so…

Cereal4dinner

Looking for the best way to vape my hashish. Now putting little pieces on the drip pad and building up the temp slowly. But i think i can get more out of it. Any tips?
dont even bother. Volcano sucks ass vaping hash. The arizer eq is good because it can go to 260c, but 230c isnt hot enough for a good hash vape. If you want the perfect tool to vape hash its a dynavap. Reduce the oven and stick and sized piece of hash in there and your golden.

I only use my dynavap for hash now

RicardoLuik

VapoRick
dont even bother. Volcano sucks ass vaping hash. The arizer eq is good because it can go to 260c, but 230c isnt hot enough for a good hash vape. If you want the perfect tool to vape hash its a dynavap. Reduce the oven and stick and sized piece of hash in there and your golden.

I only use my dynavap for hash now
I have something to do with this. Thank you. Been looking for a good one for a while.

Can I do what you say with this Dynavap? https://www.dutch-headshop.nl/vapcap-m-2021-vaporizer-dynavap

RicardoLuik,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Cereal4dinner

I have something to do with this. Thank you. Been looking for a good one for a while.

Can I do what you say with this Dynavap? https://www.dutch-headshop.nl/vapcap-m-2021-vaporizer-dynavap
yeh for sure. All dynavap's are pretty much the same, the only thing that really changes is the tube. The titanium head has different adjustments for the screen to make the chamber smaller, and there's a metal spacer you can get that makes the dynavap a hash machine by decreasing the oven size. ill post the link

Cereal4dinner,

redrum891

Is there a cheaper alternative to buying the top chambers screen in bulk that is as safe for a medical patient or just stick with s&b to be safe?

I was torching mine for a quick clean and was told that is not a good method for cleaning the screens. So I'm just going to start replacing them with clean ones when getting dirty.

also could I take my screen out of the bottom part and put it on top for a temp fix, since im using a chamber reducer anyway?

Last edited:

Cereal4dinner

Is there a cheaper alternative to buying the top chambers screen in bulk that is as safe for a medical patient or just stick with s&b to be safe?

I was torching mine for a quick clean and was told that is not a good method for cleaning the screens. So I'm just going to start replacing them with clean ones when getting dirty.

also could I take my screen out of the bottom part and put it on top for a temp fix, since im using a chamber reducer anyway?
Depends who you trust... The only thing id be worried about with those steel screens is the polishes and finish it might have on it. Id stick with the storz and bickels one. I also would not remove the bottom screen as it makes sure flower doesn't fall into the unit. If you own a volcano hybrid you should have the funds to replace those cheap screens lol

Cereal4dinner,

redrum891

Depends who you trust... The only thing id be worried about with those steel screens is the polishes and finish it might have on it. Id stick with the storz and bickels one. I also would not remove the bottom screen as it makes sure flower doesn't fall into the unit. If you own a volcano hybrid you should have the funds to replace those cheap screens lol
I mean, it isn't about the price in general, it's just If I can buy a 100 screens from ebay that are just as good for $5 compared to spending $50, saving money is saving money!

637vape

I’m looking at picking one of these up on Black Friday, anything I should stock up on if I’m going to be only using it for bags? How often do you need to replace the screen that you want to buy 100?

Need to go through this thread and do some research still :haw:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
If you can fit it in the budget a Magma is a great add on, a small load chamber can be handy too (simpler than using the mesh pad). Other than that bags, bags, bags and more bags is all you need IMO. I almost never change any screens or parts, but the bags get a taste of their own with frequent use that diminishes the ability to pick up your terps.

redrum891

redrum891,

637vape

I just took the plung and ordered a hybrid in Onyx. It seemed like a good deal, and I like the color. Now I'm looking at accessories, and hyperventilating because OMG, what did I just do?!
I’m trying to wait until Black Friday, but not sure if I’m going to make it..

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I’m trying to wait until Black Friday, but not sure if I’m going to make it..
I was expecting to wait until Black Friday, and only if I could get the deal I wanted, etc. But then, I'm going to be buying Other Things on Black Friday, aren't I? Other people expect presents, don't they? It would be awful if me buying a Volcano Hybrid in Onyx cut into my Holiday Giving. I'd be ashamed of myself, really. Imagine buying a Volcano Hybrid in Onyx, and not being able to buy for my daughter-in-law's nieces and nephews! That would just ruin the holidays! Clearly, the best move was to take advantage of the deal offered and buy it now, thus saving Christmas.
I kind of had to do it.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I can't think when I was last so excited for a delivery. Prior notice had put delivery on Monday, but it's out for delivery today. Two days early! I'm not ready. I don't know what to expect, I don't know what I was expecting, or if I was serious about buying a Hybrid, but I bought the Ryot Traveller black ceramic bong, and I thought it would look nice next to a Volcano Hybrid in Black Onyx, and I'd thought it would be nice to have a Volcano one day, even before the Hybrid, and even though I don't care for bags, because who wouldn't want a Volcano? And the Hybrid has a whip, and I like whip vapes, so why would this be a terrible, terrible, mistake? And it will look nice next to the Ryot Traveller, and wasn't that the point?
I got the chamber reducer, and the filling kit so I can fill 40 dosing capsules at once. Filling them one at a time was a daunting prospect, and I haven't tried using it because it was too soon, and how long with 40 dosing capsules stay fresh? You'd have to store them air tight, and mebbe with a Boveda pack. Or something. How would I know? How would I even know if the cannabis was stale? Wouldn't I think it was the vape? I'd think the Hybrid was krap, then I would never use it, and I'd feel bad about it and it would be my stale weed, and I'd feel bad, I imagine, just about everything at that point.
I've never seen a Volcano in person. I've never used one. Well, that will be fixed today. Fingers crossed.
Edit to say it's here.

Last edited:

vapeape77

I can't think when I was last so excited for a delivery. Prior notice had put delivery on Monday, but it's out for delivery today. Two days early! I'm not ready. I don't know what to expect, I don't know what I was expecting, or if I was serious about buying a Hybrid, but I bought the Ryot Traveller black ceramic bong, and I thought it would look nice next to a Volcano Hybrid in Black Onyx, and I'd thought it would be nice to have a Volcano one day, even before the Hybrid, and even though I don't care for bags, because who wouldn't want a Volcano? And the Hybrid has a whip, and I like whip vapes, so why would this be a terrible, terrible, mistake? And it will look nice next to the Ryot Traveller, and wasn't that the point?
I got the chamber reducer, and the filling kit so I can fill 40 dosing capsules at once. Filling them one at a time was a daunting prospect, and I haven't tried using it because it was too soon, and how long with 40 dosing capsules stay fresh? You'd have to store them air tight, and mebbe with a Boveda pack. Or something. How would I know? How would I even know if the cannabis was stale? Wouldn't I think it was the vape? I'd think the Hybrid was krap, then I would never use it, and I'd feel bad about it and it would be my stale weed, and I'd feel bad, I imagine, just about everything at that point.
I've never seen a Volcano in person. I've never used one. Well, that will be fixed today. Fingers crossed.
Edit to say it's here.
Whip it good?

blackstone

If there was a white Peace Hybrid Volcano, or gold Hybrid I would probably try to upgrade from my stainless but the Onyx does look very cool too.
Hope you enjoy the new experience, I love it! I was all whip for the first two years or so but now I love the bags from this a lot too.

I'm going to cut up a stock whip adapter soon and see what I can attach to it. Maybe a little glass elbow and mouthpiece.

Wishing a relaxing weekend to all here on FC :peace::leaf:❤️☮️:spliff:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
If there was a white Peace Hybrid Volcano, or gold Hybrid I would probably try to upgrade from my stainless but the Onyx does look very cool too.
Hope you enjoy the new experience, I love it! I was all whip for the first two years or so but now I love the bags from this a lot too.

I'm going to cut up a stock whip adapter soon and see what I can attach to it. Maybe a little glass elbow and mouthpiece.

Wishing a relaxing weekend to all here on FC :peace::leaf:❤️☮️:spliff:
Thank you, @blackstone . The Onyx does look good in person, but I expect they all look good in person. The bags are easier and more enjoyable than others I've tried, and they work with water, so I'll keep using them.
Initial impressions are positive.

RedBeard

Hey guys, picked up a 2nd hand volcano hybrid for a good price, everything in great condition but i've come across this little nuisance. After a session, when I go to replace the herb, the herb bowl seems to 'stick' to the metal part of the filling chamber. Do you know why this is happening? what's the best fix for this?

Gnome34

Hey guys, picked up a 2nd hand volcano hybrid for a good price, everything in great condition but i've come across this little nuisance. After a session, when I go to replace the herb, the herb bowl seems to 'stick' to the metal part of the filling chamber. Do you know why this is happening? what's the best fix for this?
I would just buy another filling chamber set. With the orange and black plastic.

If I remember correctly there are tabs on the orange part that hold the metal chamber in place. I'm guessing those tabs are broken on yours.

ChooChooCharlie

Happens to me when I don't clean resin off upper black cap housing

The outer circumference of the upper screen is slightly cooler so resin condenses there. You may not notice it until the parts stick. Of course, sticking happens more if you don't separate them while still warm

I can see your three little retaining tabs in the lower orange chamber housing. However, they may be stressed or slightly bent and have lost their firm grip on the steel chamber. Verify by holding upside down and shaking it. Also, just want to make sure you are inserting the steel chamber gently top-down while aligning the three indents on the chamber to the orange housing indents. It should gently click into place flush

If the upside down shake test fails, you can buy the upper and lower plastic housings from S&B for about $10. No need to get the entire $60 replacement, just the plastic housings where the tabs are

Top Bottom