• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

dhacmbs

So they are sending me out a replacement but he was emphasizing how they are replaceable. hopefully This one is more durable.

blackstone

So they are sending me out a replacement but he was emphasizing how they are replaceable. hopefully This one is more durable.
I really hope it works out better for you next time around. I've had the same two orange bases (one for reducer and one for regular bowl), and one black upper since new 6 months ago and all is well.
I was worried as I do mostly full temperature, and I very often heat soak for 1m 30sec before vaping for another few minutes, and I've also dropped them on the floor dozens of times, but no problems to report!

A few things I always kept in mind, and that might have worked for me were:
Each time you use it, all the ceramic/metal surfaces only need to seat lightly without any further tightening, with the odd check to be sure they're seated.
If required at all, fit the metal parts to their surrounds just once when new and leave them there, if you need another base part for a reducer, buy it from the start.
I found it a bad thing to put just the orange base on the Volcano and tighten, as it pops the metal bowl out the top. Only do that if you're familiar and going real easy with the force required.
Look out for, and try to clean/remove, any oily or tacky vape residue that drips down or finds its way onto the seating surface between the bowl edge and the stainless upper. This step might prevent the metal surfaces sticking or binding, and excess turning forces being put on the individual parts as you open and close the PEEK outer shell.
Clean while still hot, and use wooden implements, paper towels and iso wipes but don't forget to go easy and not put excess forces on the bowl and clips inside etc. It's almost impossible to fully clean some things off that ceramic surface, and I've seen that mentioned by others here too! But you can do a good job with just a quick gentle cleaning once in a while.
I don't feel there is any time limit on your session for leaving the bowl up there on the heat. My shutdown is set to one hour, I think the bowl might survive if I fell asleep at that setting.
When I remove the bowl I often separate the top from the bottom half, and put them out upright on a flat surface, it might help them to continue to cool as intended, as it allows air to circulate around the parts.

I remember being a little disappointed to hear that it might not be a vape that I could lay in bed last thing at night and draw from the whip, then just hang the whip somewhere and go asleep without removing the bowl (Although you might be able to dial that in with the shutdown timer.)
But I quickly got over that and it turned out to be a great buy for me with the deal I got. I was able to go from mostly using a Crafty+, to mostly using this Volcano Hybrid and I really enjoy it still.
Had a Digit for years and I find the Hybrid bags smoother, tasting better at higher temperatures and stronger than the convection Digit.
And the whips I love, often through water, and sometimes through a Vapexhale Nebula glass mouthpiece.

lokiki

After a looong time I'd like to post here and let u all know that the extra housing i received after the original has been charred a bit ( contacted s&b they sent a new one) still is holding up perfectly and has no marks whatsoever, seems like the first one was a unlucky one but this 2nd one holds up very well, have been testing it thoroughly. Still survives after 6 months of heavy heavy use.
I dont worry anymore about melting plastic, just clean once in a while so there is no oil buildup in between the orange part and the chamber and ur golden.
Love the volcano, best desktop vape imo
Cheers all

Steel28

Anyone else is seeing issues with S&B not reflecting Black Friday sale discount prices in the cart? It looks like 20% is not being applied across Volcano or Mighty..

Steel28,
No point in exhaling a hit so fast. I power-hit like that with my hybrid/whip to fill my lungs, and stop. Quickly dump the one-hit ABV to make butter. The difference in the flavor between the first hit and the second or third is the different compounds shedding as the material gets hotter. Like moving to the right on a GC-MS plot of cannabis compounds.

I ordered a Arizer EQ at 1/2 price, so my hybrid can finally be sent back to S&B to get the display fixed. No telling how many fan cycles that cano has been through since I got it last spring, but it is a lot.

Because I am targeting the terps, and leaving the oils in the material, my whip stays really clean. I added a glass universal automotive fuel filter at the end to see if any particles are getting past the chamber screens, and I see none. The vape is already cool, but the added mass of the filter helps cool it more.

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
So I'm looking for a wpa for the hybrid will the ssv wpa find the whip?
We have what you’re looking for! We make the only bubblers specifically for the Volcano. Feel free to shoot us a DM or head over to our accessory thread for more info. I can also extend our cyber Monday sale which just ended if you’re interested!

Magma_Industries,

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
What are you asking lol? any 10/14/18 glass dapter will fit in a hose. Best hose is storz and bickels. Those glass adapters are like on every website that sells vape products or glass
Thanks bro I didn't know what tubing the hybrid used I have a 14mm ssv wpa

HippieHitman,

SquirrelMaster

I use some china made 90° adapters listed as being compatible with the Arizer Extreme Q to put my Hybrid though water. They're cheap in price and quality so I've smashed two so far, one of each of my 14mm and 18mm adapters, thankfully I ordered two of each. If you find something boro and even annealed it would hold up much better if you don't mind the extra cost. Plus it's always nice to shop "local". Also don't be clumsy like me :lol:.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: blackstone

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
i have that ssv wpa to, make sure you take care of it, there getting harder and harder to find. I like the angled wpas better for air flow and hose hang
Would love to place can order check your messages.
We have what you’re looking for! We make the only bubblers specifically for the Volcano. Feel free to shoot us a DM or head over to our accessory thread for more info. I can also extend our cyber Monday sale which just ended if you’re interested!

HippieHitman,

blackstone

Yea that one from @VGOODIEZ. Does a dam nice job. Drydrotube I think it was called.:tup:
I see, I had thought it was a plain glass tube from a distance.
I first tried the Nebula MP from Vapexhale which is a donut style glass mouthpiece like what you can also get from Elev8 glass, it was great up to about 210C / 410F but I found myself going back to water and full temperature setting.
For black Friday I treated myself to this Vapexhale Helio MP with a straight 18mm whip adapter and I really like it, mostly on the end of the whip.
It does seem more powerful going dry so that could be efficient and help me use less overrall, but another reason was I have too much physical discomfort from illness and it was such a pain when I sat down but forgot to change out the water from yesterday etc:lol: . Plus no need for all that caution while filling the water piece!
And these are not too pricey if I do break it.
20201206-004424.jpg

The taste is amazing too when used like this, even at full temperature with a heatsoak. Water takes some taste out.
Water is smoother and hits well too, so for now I swap around often. Two great options!
For fun you can also set it up like this and it works great:
20201206-005347.jpg

20201206-004948.jpg

Or with some clever use of O-rings you can either attach it to, or make a decent seal with the housing itself:
20201206-004053.jpg

Lovely on the whip though, and not difficult to hold.

I use some china made 90° adapters listed as being compatible with the Arizer Extreme Q to put my Hybrid though water. They're cheap in price and quality so I've smashed two so far, one of each of my 14mm and 18mm adapters, thankfully I ordered two of each. If you find something boro and even annealed it would hold up much better if you don't mind the extra cost. Plus it's always nice to shop "local". Also don't be clumsy like me :lol:.
I got one of the SSV 90 degree ones years ago and it has got a lot of falls and hitting solid metal swivel chair legs while on the whip, no problem!
Amazingly well made glass piece.

Vaporetto

To continue on the failing chamber housing. Since I adopted the device 1 year ago s&b already sent me 5 new chamber housings. All replaced because of broken clips. Am wondering how long they will continue to do so. Am not sure but it seems this time the plastic has more gloss to it then before so they may have changed material. Time will tell.
In the meantime, does anyone also have the problem when taking off the balloon, the blue silicone ring comes with it and then magically dissappears until your next clean up? It's really annoying

cooper

To continue on the failing chamber housing. Since I adopted the device 1 year ago s&b already sent me 5 new chamber housings. All replaced because of broken clips. Am wondering how long they will continue to do so. Am not sure but it seems this time the plastic has more gloss to it then before so they may have changed material. Time will tell.
In the meantime, does anyone also have the problem when taking off the balloon, the blue silicone ring comes with it and then magically dissappears until your next clean up? It's really annoying
Yeah, the o ring comes off if mine is really sticky/dirty. I've been lucky with the clips, only one clip broken on and I've put about 1/2 a lb through it. Fingers crossed for your new ones

Top Bottom