• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
Any tips to do a super bag with dosing capsule? I didn't get my reducer for hybrid yet, but I did use reducers with classic, plenty and mighty, love dosing caps. Doing a super big with such a small amount would be awesome if it works, super efficiency!!!
The reducer for the Hybrid is the bomb! I use it with the capsule. With the whip I can get a good 20 Minute Session (mixed Temperature starting 180) with only one capsule! Tomorrow I will try reducer with capsule and bag!

david8613

Try this, troy from 420 vape zone on you tube posted this up from a friend who created this using the storz bickel app. You can have the hybrid temp step automatically, and get all the low temp flavors and all the high temperature medicine. If you try this please let us know the results!

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
Try this, troy from 420 vape zone on you tube posted this up from a friend who created this using the storz bickel app. You can have the hybrid temp step automatically, and get all the low temp flavors and all the high temperature medicine. If you try this please let us know the results!
I know the video and did a super bag without reducer the normal chamber half filled and ist was too strong for my lungs and throat. Tomorrow I try a capsule super bag!

Crafty Vaper,
Reactions: Vaporooni

snamuh

ghost
Volcano gave me a tolerance. I used to microdose. Now a full pack on the volcano isn't enought to knock me out for bed.

Anyway...

My quick review of the hybrid.

Cons - taste. I really don't get any taste from the hybrid. Honestly this vape kid of sucks if your looking for taste. When I use the air, it has a pvc/vinyl taste. My chamber that holds the bowl had melt marks like someone previously posted.

Pro - large doses, good vapor, easy...

For the price I think it's insanes that the chamber mented and has a pvc/vinyl smell/taste.

Right now my fav Vapes go...

Flowerpot -arizer solo 2- volcano

Very disappointed in the smell and burning of the chamber but the volcano is still going to stay in rotation.

I would recommend the flowerpot over this. Due to tast, functionality, and the flowerpot just seems healthier.

SquirrelMaster

I'm getting pretty frustrated with S&B right now. It's been over a week between 2 voicemails, and a bunch of emails, they won't communicate with me. My order of parts sat and sat then shipped, THEN they informed me not all my items were in stock and so have been cancelled (even though they're in stock online) and they won't respond about the melting housing.

WakeVape&Bake

Volcano gave me a tolerance. I used to microdose. Now a full pack on the volcano isn't enought to knock me out for bed.

Anyway...

My quick review of the hybrid.

Cons - taste. I really don't get any taste from the hybrid. Honestly this vape kid of sucks if your looking for taste. When I use the air, it has a pvc/vinyl taste. My chamber that holds the bowl had melt marks like someone previously posted.

Pro - large doses, good vapor, easy...

For the price I think it's insanes that the chamber mented and has a pvc/vinyl smell/taste.

Right now my fav Vapes go...

Flowerpot -arizer solo 2- volcano

Very disappointed in the smell and burning of the chamber but the volcano is still going to stay in rotation.

I would recommend the flowerpot over this. Due to tast, functionality, and the flowerpot just seems healthier.

you have a burned chamber too? how long do you use the Hybrid in a session? legitimately wondering at this point...i use the whip for 10minutes at best and i have no marks, Hybrid is in use since August.

the taste is good, you gotta use low temps for that though...

and it is not the Volcano that gave you tolerance but the fact that you use more material...you could also fill a dosing capsule halfway and the tolerance won´t go up. people are just using more material with the S & B filling chambers instead of being a bit more mindful about the dosage

Last edited:

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
you have a burned chamber too? how long do you use the Hybrid in a session? legitimately wondering at this point...i use the whip for 10minutes at best and i have no marks, Hybrid is in use since August.

I use the whip sometimes 20 minutes or even more ending 230! I also use the chamber reducer with capsules! No signs of burning I think this is a faulty unit I would contact their Service Never had probs with S&B Service at all!

WakeVape&Bake

I use the whip sometimes 20 minutes or even more ending 230! I also use the chamber reducer with capsules! No signs of burning I think this is a faulty unit I would contact their Service Never had probs with S&B Service at all!

yeah, seems more and more like there is faulty plastic in some of those chambers...

as is said i have the device since August but i tend to never be longer than 10 minutes at the device, i use the capsules and mostly i have finished a capsule in around 5-10minutes. no marks and no bad taste at all.

regarding the taste: as i said when going around 185C the taste is good, at 195C+ it loses the good flavour.

but people should also understand that these are medical approved devices for maximum effectivity, taste is secondary when someone needs it for medical purposes. i would argue that the medical aspect is the big thing with S & B devices and the recreational use comes after that.

silverharbinger

yeah, seems more and more like there is faulty plastic in some of those chambers...

as is said i have the device since August but i tend to never be longer than 10 minutes at the device, i use the capsules and mostly i have finished a capsule in around 5-10minutes. no marks and no bad taste at all.

I have had my hybrids for about the same amount of time as you have, and I definitely have burns on the upper and lower chamber housings. The replacement volcano S&B sent me later had a new replacement chamber housing which, as far as I can tell, is identical to the one I originally received. The tension and pliability of the plastics is virtually the same. The appearance and coloration is the same, although I haven't thoroughly examined it.

So, after one week of getting the chambers out of their housings right after every session I am seeing no plastic damage anywhere, and I feel really good about this. On one occasion I forgot to do that step (because it was my first ever kief whip session from 360-430° F - more on that later). I did have the chambers apart and off the hybrid after the session, but it was left that way for maybe 5 minutes before I remembered it (because I was high).

And now I have a very small burn mark on my new lower chamber. I have cataloged that damage and since done similar temperature range whip sessions with kief and immediately removed the chambers afterwards. I see no further burns on the new plastics from those sessions whatsoever.

Overall, it looks like taking the chambers out of the plastic housings asap, and maybe having the chambers on the hybrid at around 5 minutes or so (like the manual instructs) is the best precaution to take if you want to avoid burning plastic. As you can see I'm trying different temps and using kief more so I can provide better information, so if there is anything you want me to try let me know.

Doing a whip session at 430° F the first time was outstanding. Because my tolerance doesn't take a 50° range of ingredients into account it hit me hard, but I couldn't hang with that vapor for long after getting up there. Maybe two minutes. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this vape is a beast. :lol:

Last edited:

Pabs

I have had my hybrids for about the same amount of time as you have, and I definitely have burns on the upper and lower chamber housings. The replacement volcano S&B sent me later had a new replacement chamber housing which, as far as I can tell, is identical to the one I originally received. The tension and pliability of the plastics is virtually the same. The appearance and coloration is the same, although I haven't thoroughly examined it.

So, after one week of getting the chambers out of their housings right after every session I am seeing no plastic damage anywhere, and I feel really good about this. On one occasion I forgot to do that step (because it was my first ever kief whip session from 360-430° F - more on that later). I did have the chambers apart and off the hybrid after the session, but it was left that way for maybe 5 minutes before I remembered it (because I was high).

And now I have a very small burn mark on my new lower chamber. I have cataloged that damage and since done similar temperature range whip sessions with kief and immediately removed the chambers afterwards. I see no further burns on the new plastics from those sessions whatsoever.

Overall, it looks like taking the chambers out of the plastic housings asap, and maybe having the chambers on the hybrid at around 5 minutes or so (like the manual instructs) is the best precaution to take if you want to avoid burning plastic. As you can see I'm trying different temps and using kief more so I can provide better information, so if there is anything you want me to try let me know.

Doing a whip session at 430° F the first time was outstanding. Because my tolerance doesn't take a 50° range of ingredients into account it hit me hard, but I couldn't hang with that vapor for long after getting up there. Maybe two minutes. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this vape is a beast. :lol:

I am happy for you if you have found an issue to your problem (taking your chamber as soon as possible after vaporing). After experiencing with Hybrid since August, to have optimal flavor : I ALWAYS take my (reducing) chamber out as soon as possible after vaporing.:)
I use Hybrid for recreational mostly but also for medical purpose (headache):
Compares to Classic, Hybrid makes super potent vapor. This means, since 3 weeks I only use reducing chamber using lower temperatures than with Classic. Result : I am as Stoned as with a full regular chamber with Classic.
For medical purpose it is the best choice : fast, simple and extreme efficiency. BUT, you have to learn how to "manage" the potency. Like I said : try less material (with reducing chamber), less range temperatures (like 177-185-190). I am still impressed (and surprised of potency!).
You can also a bubbler like "obsidian" (after experience : only if you are using the whip). I am waiting for feedbacks about this kind of water tools... (because S&B told me "It is believed that water filters filter out some of the active ingredients as well, which is why we have not offered any in the past.":hmm:)
Hoping every owner of an Hybrid will find the best way to use it. :wave:

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green

I dont think you should be ok with burnt Plastic on a S&B machine! Ist would be ok finde you left it on the Hybrid for a Real Long time. But normal use should not burn anything! If that would happen to me I would contact S&B and solve the Problem together with them! I believe if they made a fault they will solve it!

silverharbinger

I dont think you should be ok with burnt Plastic on a S&B machine! Ist would be ok finde you left it on the Hybrid for a Real Long time. But normal use should not burn anything! If that would happen to me I would contact S&B and solve the Problem together with them! I believe if they made a fault they will solve it!

I'm not okay with it, but I am relieved that I am seeing some promising signs of both a workaround, and that I may not have been actively inhaling plastic gases into my lungs via a whip system for the past few months. If you read some of my earlier posts you'll see that this is exactly what I am hoping to find.

And I will be working with S&B about this, if needed, after I feel confident that I have better information to provide them. One week of trying something X and seeing result Y is not very conclusive, just promising. In the meanwhile, this is a public forum that reaches many people who either own, or are thinking about owning this device. They can read what I have to say and decide for themselves about how to act on it.

It is because of this place that I even became aware of this happening, and that is a good thing.

Baron23

I'm not okay with it, but I am relieved that I am seeing some promising signs of both a workaround, and that I may not have been actively inhaling plastic gases into my lungs via a whip system for the past few months. If you read some of my earlier posts you'll see that this is exactly what I am hoping to find.

And I will be working with S&B about this, if needed, after I feel confident that I have better information to provide them. One week of trying something X and seeing result Y is not very conclusive, just promising. In the meanwhile, this is a public forum that reaches many people who either own, or are thinking about owning this device. They can read what I have to say and decide for themselves about how to act on it.

It is because of this place that I even became aware of this happening, and that is a good thing.
So, you are pressing the very hot metal insert out of the plastic housing after every bag/whip load?

Wow. I get you are looking for a work around, but I don’t think they were designed w this intent.

My understanding is that they only get removed for deep cleaning.

On my digit, I never remove the metal insert as the housing is pretty inert to ISO. So, I just dump the whole thing in there for a soak.

silverharbinger

So, you are pressing the very hot metal insert out of the plastic housing after every bag/whip load?

Wow. I get you are looking for a work around, but I don’t think they were designed w this intent.

My understanding is that they only get removed for deep cleaning.

On my digit, I never remove the metal insert as the housing is pretty inert to ISO. So, I just dump the whole thing in there for a soak.

I'm not pressing the chambers out with my fingers, instead I am tapping them out with the butt end of the cleaning brush. In the case of the upper chamber I have to roll the o-ring off first, and I can do that part with the brush handle or my fingers. It takes a little practice.

It does not appear to have done anything to prematurely harm the tension that the housings hold the chambers in with, but it might. Enough time hasn't gone by for me to speak to that, and that is not my primary concern. In my opinion, right now it looks like that in some use cases, including mine, the plastic chamber housings are burning small amounts of plastic. That is my primary concern.

snamuh

ghost

and it is not the Volcano that gave you tolerance but the fact that you use more material...you could also fill a dosing capsule halfway and the tolerance won´t go up. people are just using more material with the S & B filling chambers instead of being a bit more mindful about the dosage

--- My experience so far, mostly higher temps, purchased a week or two before black friday ---

My burnt Chamber - It's not as bad as the one someone else posted but its still there. When i first got the hybrid there were a few times i forgot and left the chamber on the unit. I couldn't say how long. When i first got the unit i would frequently leave the air and heat on to try to get rid of the pvc/vinyl tubing smell/taste. I wouldn't doubt if I left the chamber on for too long back then.

Medical Device - Is it really or is that marketing? SB has their medic version but they are on totally different websites. The Medical version arent even sold at storz-bickel.com they are sold at vapormed.com . So I believe only the "Medic" versions of their vapes could officially be considered medical devices? Otherwise why not have the medic cert right on the volcano site? The Arizer Solo2 feels and tastes like it is way more of a medical device. I can't even find info on what makes the medic one certified... like im not seeing tests or anything on the certs.
certs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_JazJjcYk8auwvheQFwf4kRAc2GrYbzM

Coughing - The volcano destroys my throat. I vape the solo 2 at 428 and my flower pot on on 710 and have never coughed as much as i do with the cano (bags). The air and bags are what get me the fan/air can hurt my though. This is the only vape i've owned that actually hurt my throat. I rarely cough with other Vapes.

For the price... - I would expect god like flavor test, machining, and no cannibalism when the device is being used. (burnt chamber)

It's weird. I purchased both the firefly 2 and the volcano hybrid due to the the companies marketing the products as high end. The ff2 i will never touch again (tasted like electronics and after taking it apart i could see why... doesn't look like they did any "RnD"). And i am kind of let down by the hybrid. I guess i just need to learn not to trust marketing or user hype.

Vapes I've owned:

desk - Enano, flowerpot, hybrid
portable - Divine tribe, lots of vapcaps, air 1, solo 2, firefly2, imag plus, mflb, modpod

I think out of these the solo 2 and flowerpot are the only i don't have issues with and feel the most safe. And also the only ones i would Whole Heartedly recommend.

Also for reference i finish my bowls off at 446. and usually do a full 446 bag before bed.

I would say I'm still on the honeymoon phase so... We'll see where I land when experiment more with dosages and temps.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I was on the phone with S&B earlier and I feel much more at ease now. The woman I spoke with was very apologetic for not getting back to me (or other customers) faster but they've been slammed with orders from the Black Friday sale and they're playing catch up. I wish I had grabbed her name, she was a fantastic to deal with. Storz and Bickel are aware of this thread and all the info of these "faulty" housings is being sent to Germany. I'm going to send pictures of mine but it's very tame compared to the photos posted earlier. She also apologized for the whip roll being out of stock and took down my info so she could contact me when they come in. Before our conversation ended she had a replacement housing being shipped out. We'll see where this all ends up but for now I'm happy.

I am very surprised that this was an issue to begin with but from reading this thread it's not happening to everyone so who knows.

@snamuh
The regular and Medic vapes are separate for ease of insurance claims for counties that approve them for medical use. Canada, Germany and a few other countries certify the Vapormed version which is minimally different as far as I know the two big things being a max temp of 410°F and a check valve to prevent vapour from going back in the bag i.e. sanitation. I'm trying to find out if they're manufactured in forfeited facilities and if there are any other differences just because I want to know. The certifications are on the Vapormed website when you click into a specific device.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
How about this Classic Volcano lamp shade I made to light up my vapes. Just heating up some ABV at 400f with very little in the chamber, Gets me ready to go first thing in the morning. And for a fresh green filled chamber, I start at a low temp of 350f and work my way up. I have 5 acres, So I can't wait to harvest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom