Volcano Hybrid

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
I find myself flipping the Hybrid upside with the brush in one hand and the Hybrid in the other hand with the pump on to keep everything clean. Herb dust likes to collect around the heating element, The finer you grind your herb down to full extraction. :nod:

Last edited:

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
I find myself flipping the Hybrid upside with the brush in one hand and the Hybrid in the other hand with the pump on to keep everything clean before and after session. After session when Hybrid cools down. Herb dust likes to collect around the heating element, The finer you grind your herb to full extraction. :nod:
My mistake! I did not cleaned the Hybrid I cleaned the herb chamber! Especially the upper piece of the chamber was full of gunk after 13 hours. The chamber of the classic only needed brush cleaning after every session,the hybrid parts need iso cleaning!
Never cleaned the base of my Classic.

SquirrelMaster

Looks like S&B have added 30 foot rolls of the tubing for the whips to the store, $85.90 per roll. https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/parts-accessories/for-volcano/volcano-hybrid-tube-reel-10-m

That's what I tried to order on Green Friday and they cancelled it because they said they had not received it yet. At the time (and since Green Friday) it was still showing in stock so they may not have updated their site. Hopefully it's in stock now because I want a roll!

Nolan Kinshella

That's what I tried to order on Green Friday and they cancelled it because they said they had not received it yet. At the time (and since Green Friday) it was still showing in stock so they may not have updated their site. Hopefully it's in stock now because I want a roll!
Hope a source shows up on everyone's favorite e-shopping site.

wizzbang

They really need to redesign the housing unit to be a lot more sturdy. They never last me more than 2 weeks before pieces start to break off and fall apart. Even with the last 2 I have been super cautious and make sure to remove it after every use and they still just deteriorate. At this rate I'll have to purchase a new unit every month to maintain. I am a heavy user so I can understand if other people aren't experiencing this but its becoming super annoying watching these brittle pieces of shit falling apart so consistently.

Baron23

They really need to redesign the housing unit to be a lot more sturdy. They never last me more than 2 weeks before pieces start to break off and fall apart. Even with the last 2 I have been super cautious and make sure to remove it after every use and they still just deteriorate. At this rate I'll have to purchase a new unit every month to maintain. I am a heavy user so I can understand if other people aren't experiencing this but its becoming super annoying watching these brittle pieces of shit falling apart so consistently.
There has been nothing falling off of my Volcano Hybrid in the...what...3 months I have had it?

What exactly is falling off?

lokiki

mine also shows some marks of deterioration :(

There has been nothing falling off of my Volcano Hybrid in the...what...3 months I have had it?

What exactly is falling off?
For me nothing is falling off but i thought I'd reply because the orange housing which contain the plastic clips seems to slowly deteriorate, the area just above the clips is slowly turning a bit brown, by repeated heating i assume.. ( I tried cleaning it but it won't come off, making me believe it's the plastic.)
I take it off the unit after filling a balloon. Only when using the whip it has been on the device for longer than 2 minutes.
It seems that it started happening when using the reduction chamber more, because it looks as if it's holding heat longer that the regular chamber, but I can't be certain of this.

That's it for me, greetings from holland

Last edited by a moderator:

wizzbang

The bottom orange ring always breaks at the clips and then slowly falls apart from there. Like I said if you aren't a heavy user you wont see this but if youre blowing down 10+ bags a day the bottom orange ring is going to start breaking I don't care how meticulous you are with it, its going to start snapping apart. Out of 6 housing every single one has done this.

For me nothing is falling off but i thought I'd reply because the orange housing which contain the plastic clips seems to slowly deteriorate, the area just above the clips is slowly turning a bit brown, by repeated heating i assume.. ( I tried cleaning it but it won't come off, making me believe it's the plastic.)
I take it off the unit after filling a balloon. Only when using the whip it has been on the device for longer than 2 minutes.
It seems that it started happening when using the reduction chamber more, because it looks as if it's holding heat longer that the regular chamber, but I can't be certain of this.

That's it for me, greetings from holland

It's definitely heat related, it just can't handle repeated use at all. Talking about the reducer makes me wonder if it happened before I had the reducer. I remember my first one breaking the first month I got it but I don't remember if I had the reducer yet. I'll have to buy another and see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron23

For me nothing is falling off but i thought I'd reply because the orange housing which contain the plastic clips seems to slowly deteriorate, the area just above the clips is slowly turning a bit brown

Thank you from Holland and yes, I was aware of what appears to be char or burn marks on the lower orange housing even though this has not yet happened to my unit.

But two weeks and bits falling off....I dunno what that means. Not had any of that on my Hybrid. I don't even have the burn marks.

Last edited:

wizzbang

xoNO3aT.jpg

This is what they look like after I give up brushing and caring for them and all clips have broke off.

And this is what my most recent one looks like. On this one I made a conscious effort to remove the unit after every single bag and remove the top piece to prevent sticking. 2-3 weeks usage 10+ bags per day and 2-3 per session. On this one you can actually see where some of the plastic has even melted. These have all been used with the reducer.

3BPh3iX.jpg

Baron23

xoNO3aT.jpg

This is what they look like after I give up brushing and caring for them and all clips have broke off.

And this is what my most recent one looks like. On this one I made a conscious effort to remove the unit after every single bag and remove the top piece to prevent sticking. 2-3 weeks usage 10+ bags per day and 2-3 per session. On this one you can actually see where some of the plastic has even melted. These have all been used with the reducer.

3BPh3iX.jpg

Wow, that's awful. I mean, like vaping plastic awful. I have none of that but I also don't use a reducer though I dunno if that is relevant at all.

Have you sent these pics to S&B?

I don't do ten bags per day, but when I do use it I tend to do 2-3 bags worth and I haven't even gotten the char marks.

That is just really F'd up.

wizzbang

Wow, that's awful. I mean, like vaping plastic awful. I have none of that but I also don't use a reducer though I dunno if that is relevant at all.

Have you sent these pics to S&B?

I don't do ten bags per day, but when I do use it I tend to do 2-3 bags worth and I haven't even gotten the char marks.

That is just really F'd up.

Yea honestly I was thinking about mailing them today actually thats why I came in here to see if anyone else has seen this issue and if its just negligence on my part.

edit - also the first 4 I posted were definitely left on the unit too long many times thats why I made sure on the last to never let it sit and to always remove the top piece.

WakeVape&Bake

regarding the melting bowls and char marks, just looking at the forum here...it seems that the bowls are not very rockstable unfortunately. when even from the handful of people here there are this much issues, this seems to be a disaster in the making on a larger scale...

at this point i am super weary about it gassing off even if there are no marks on mine...it makes me a bit uneasy to say at least.

and that it falls apart when heavy users just, well, use this device is also a bit strange, these bowls should have been much more resistant from the start

Last edited:

Baron23

Yea honestly I was thinking about mailing them today actually thats why I came in here to see if anyone else has seen this issue and if its just negligence on my part.

edit - also the first 4 I posted were definitely left on the unit too long many times thats why I made sure on the last to never let it sit and to always remove the top piece.
Do send them, please. S&B really needs to publicly acknowledge this issue and detail their plans to fix it.

Other examples I have seen are just a bit of charring. Still totally unacceptable but yours are a disaster.

Wow

wizzbang

One thing I would like to say considering if the charring is from negligence is that the plenty doesn't have this issue at all. You can literally leave the plenty plugged in and turned on at all times and never see charring like this. IMO things like this need to be completely dummy proof.

-edit

I sent a friendly letter to SB and I'll report back once I hear something. Actually thanks Baron for making me get a little proactive about it

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@wizzbang
I cringed when I opened your photos, those are really really bad! Thank you for sending those off, S&B is watching this thread but I don't think it hurts to get images, especially ones showing as much damage as yours do, sent right away so that they fix this asap.

Like you said, even with possible negligence why is the Plenty not doing the same thing?

I just opened a S&B package (1of2) that has a full housing with reducer and I can understand why many of you would be concerned that the reducer could be the issue. That's a lot of metal to heat soak and I know how hot that metal can get when you accidentally touch it. I'm a little concerned over whether I should even use it knowing it could accelerate the melting/charring process.

SquirrelMaster,

Poostuff

Please delete
Those photos are a bit confronting @wizzbang Mine has had over 100 hours of use & I’ve never seen that with my housings. I have 4 of them now & 2 chambers but I’d be hopeful that I couldn’t replicate that damage even if I left the chamber connected with the heat on for 24 hours.
Thanks for posting & best of luck to you.

Poostuff,

lokiki

Thank you from Holland and yes, I was aware of what appears to be char or burn marks on the lower orange housing even though this has not yet happened to my unit.

But two weeks and bits falling off....I dunno what that means. Not had any of that on my Hybrid. I don't even have the burn marks.
Haha cool, holland united
utrecht hier ;)

On topic and a small update:

I have sent an email yesterday to sb about to charred housing and that it seems to weaken over time etc.
they replied today with me having to make an RMA and then they will send a new housing for the filling chamber.

I guess they're atleast aware but by saying I'll just have to use another housing that may show these marks eventually aswell makes me think..

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
Haha cool, holland united
utrecht hier ;)

On topic and a small update:

I have sent an email yesterday to sb about to charred housing and that it seems to weaken over time etc.
they replied today with me having to make an RMA and then they will send a new housing for the filling chamber.

I guess they're atleast aware but by saying I'll just have to use another housing that may show these marks eventually aswell makes me think..
My housing has no burnt signs! I use it with the reducer and let it on for minimum 3minutes to max 45minutes with the whip! No burning at all! And no plastic pieces falling apart! My max temperature is always 230!

WakeVape&Bake

My housing has no burnt signs! I use it with the reducer and let it on for minimum 3minutes to max 45minutes with the whip! No burning at all! And no plastic pieces falling apart! My max temperature is always 230!

yeah, i also have nothing but as we see here in the forums, there are enough problems with the chamber. who knows if it is gassing off in use? i really don´t trust this thing anymore if i am honest.

there needs to be an alternate chamber/solution because that thing doesn´t cut it in the longterm. are they thinking people should do an RMA every 6-10 weeks for a new chamber? i think they didn´t test this long enough and that such a solution is a joke for a high price device, especially with a whip...

basically the Hybrid needs a complete other chamber-maybe a pure convection chamber in tandem with a convection only setting on the device. this would make it really "Hybrid". basically a solution where you can run the device all day and always have the whip ready, like the 100 bucks Extreme Q does. in essence they really dropped the ball on the chamber and the fact that you can´t just let the device run for hours with the chamber on it is questionable. it is, sorry for my strong words, a half assed solution.

i seriously was like "wtf?" when reading the manual and it said to not leave the chamber on the device for too long. (and, how much is "too long"? 10minutes, 20 minutes, 45 minutes, an hour?)

somehow S & B devices always have that "rush, hurry hurry" style of consuming, the Mighty wants to turn off after 2minutes, the Plenty needs reheating more than someone draws on the device and now the Hybrid wants you to not leave the chamber on the device...
these are all the complete opposite for a device used to consume cannabis which should make you relaxed..

edit: when i think about the whip and the orange housing which gets attached to the hot chamber, there is even more plastic that could lead to unwanted side effects...

to make it clear, i am not amused at this point and seriously thinking about selling the device off if there is no timely response or solution from S & B in the coming weeks. silence is the last thing that this issue warrants. they should come out of the closet and say "we heard about issues with the chamber and we take this seriously" i would already have issued a statement if i were a company spokesman.

this device is premium priced and so i want the components to be rockstable and premium too.

the chamber feels like it was not really thought out and this should have gone back to the drawing board before the Hybrid release. a potential gassing off or even the thought about melting plastic fumes does not lead to a relaxed feeling when using the device at all.

Last edited:

Baron23

I don't use a reduction chamber with my Hybrid. Just the regular chamber...and again, so far not even the slightest hint of damage.

RMA's do not seem to me to be the solution for this. I mean, they are going to send you the same frakin part, right?

I will say it again, they need to publicly acknowledge this issue, describe their findings, and tell us what they plan to do to resolve it.

wizzbang

Oh man Baron and Wakeandbake just nailed it!

I am hoping to hear back from S&B soon and I will try and direct them over here to read all this information! I'll let us know when that happens. I got a little post happy yesterday and got a spanking from the mods so I'll slow my roll now lol.

Top Bottom