• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
This question is for those using the s&b volcano reducer. about how many bags can you fill with one dosing capsule, and what temperature are running using caps?

I pull two dense bags, the first by using the one bag workflow and the second bag pulled at 420. A third bag has flavor but little visible vapor unless it's a dense strain or a heavy pack. YMMV

Cereal4dinner

This question is for those using the s&b volcano reducer. about how many bags can you fill with one dosing capsule, and what temperature are running using caps?

Yeh probably two good bags, I do the first bag pretty low at like 185, then another bag at 210.

Now if it's bed time I start at 210 then do one at 225

Cereal4dinner,
Reactions: blackstone

ChooChooCharlie

I'm lazy -- one capsule, max temp, one bag

@silverharbinger - I used whip and really honked on it, and pushed upper screen in to try to replicate your issue, and yes, got some bits in rim

reducer-test.jpg

you can use wood brush handle to bow out screen better, no need IME to nipple that screen, unlike Plenty. Wonder if they changed that reducer as well with raised chamber?

Vaporware

I suspect its the power supply but may be something else.

As to if all units do it, that may be tough as I can't hear anything from mine but my hearing is most probably much worse than yours.

But we have another member on this board who complains about smells that others just can't detect. He has a nose like a blood hound.

So, is the Hybrid making an annoying noise or can only bats and super human hearing tell? haha

I don’t think it’s *that* uncommon to hear high frequencies. I was always horribly annoyed by the high pitched whine of CRT screens when there wasn’t other noise to drown it out, and I knew other people who heard it well into adulthood too...but most people don’t so those noises usually get ignored, to our dismay. :ugh:

...but yeah, most adults lose most or all of those high frequency ranges, so I’m not surprised most people don’t notice it. :)

there a German vaporizer company lol, inventing a new bag that biodegrades seems a little out of their wheel house

They wouldn’t necessarily have to invent new bags. There are other people working on that, and while the temperature issues may make it harder to find a good alternative, there are alternatives out there they could buy instead of the bags they currently buy.

The plastic bag and whip waste are a couple of the main things that bother me about these too, so I’d like to see them try something different there too. :)

Tidusec

Hello guys this is Jorge nice to meet you, I would like to know if anyone has had any problems with your volcano hybrid air assist or fan?
I got mine 2 weeks ago worked like a charm about 3 days ago I noticed the balloons would fill in a slower fashion, for example it took 45ish seconds to fill one, this along the lines of my personal experience and started by troy from 420vapezone and the vape critic. Now the balloon the first 2 fill in about 55- 60 seconds even longer, after the 4th balloon it wint even fill all the way, while using the whip Its barely noticeable the air from the electric assist, I would think it's the air pump that overheats or is faulty, the software is updated never had a problem with the app, time of operation is juts under 24 hours I have tried letting it sit and cooldown, disconnected the power cable and let it rest, I have tried different bags, it's not the whip, or the chamber for the herbs, there is no block in airflow, the heater does work I can get medicated, the problem is the pump lost its strength, I do live in South America so it will take me some time to get it back to the US (bought it from puffitup) any tips? Has anyone seen or read about this?
I can describe it as if after the 2nd or third bag wich font get fill as much the strength of the air flow goes down to about 1/5 or less, would you recommend I stop using it all together? Do I Keep using it without the air assist just the whip until I can get send it for warranty I'd take me at least a month to send it and a month to get it back. If not more.

wizzbang

Is your housing until completely clean, o-ring in the right spot and housing tightened all the way down? Mine leaks air big time if I all those aren't checked. I basically have to brush the entire thing once in a while to make sure its getting proper contact. Just a thought.

Also for the question earlier about usage with the reducer, I can get 2 filled bags off one load but the second bag is usually incredibly harsh so I skip it and just settle with one bag.

silverharbinger

I used whip and really honked on it, and pushed upper screen in to try to replicate your issue, and yes, got some bits in rim

you can use wood brush handle to bow out screen better, no need IME to nipple that screen, unlike Plenty.

No doubt that I occasionally rip on the hybrid whip, but I have never gone full honk on it. I figure I'm probably packing it a bit loose and ripping a bit hard for the pack. I can sometimes get maybe close to the top third of the chamber reducer's herb content to spew out onto the ring after a 5 or so minute whip session. I wasn't even going to mention it because like you say a few swipes with the brush and it's gone, no residue, and I keep the chamber over a debowler too, so no sticky specks of ABV around either.

I personally hadn't considered altering the screen in order to fix it, however I have tried using a metal type a flat washer to fill the gap, and it hasn't leaked herb or warped the top chamber housing screen, yet. It's only been a few bowls into testing though, so we'll have to see.

Cereal4dinner

I don’t think it’s *that* uncommon to hear high frequencies. I was always horribly annoyed by the high pitched whine of CRT screens when there wasn’t other noise to drown it out, and I knew other people who heard it well into adulthood too...but most people don’t so those noises usually get ignored, to our dismay. :ugh:

...but yeah, most adults lose most or all of those high frequency ranges, so I’m not surprised most people don’t notice it. :)

They wouldn’t necessarily have to invent new bags. There are other people working on that, and while the temperature issues may make it harder to find a good alternative, there are alternatives out there they could buy instead of the bags they currently buy.

The plastic bag and whip waste are a couple of the main things that bother me about these too, so I’d like to see them try something different there too. :)

What alternatives for the bag? the bags already seem so thin, the turkey bags you can get on amazon are way thicker so obvious that uses more plastic materials. I just don't get what you want them to do... some people get 8 bags every week from grocery shopping, with regular use i use a volcano bag every 3 months, and then i recycle it.

using the capsules will fi
I'm lazy -- one capsule, max temp, one bag

@silverharbinger - I used whip and really honked on it, and pushed upper screen in to try to replicate your issue, and yes, got some bits in rim

reducer-test.jpg

you can use wood brush handle to bow out screen better, no need IME to nipple that screen, unlike Plenty. Wonder if they changed that reducer as well with raised chamber?

I love that brush

Last edited by a moderator:

Tidusec

Is your housing until completely clean, o-ring in the right spot and housing tightened all the way down? Mine leaks air big time if I all those aren't checked. I basically have to brush the entire thing once in a while to make sure its getting proper contact. Just a thought.

Also for the question earlier about usage with the reducer, I can get 2 filled bags off one load but the second bag is usually incredibly harsh so I skip it and just settle with one bag.
Thanks for the info and reply i will try again

Vaporware

What alternatives for the bag? the bags already seem so thin, the turkey bags you can get on amazon are way thicker so obvious that uses more plastic materials. I just don't get what you want them to do... some people get 8 bags every week from grocery shopping, with regular use i use a volcano bag every 3 months, and then i recycle it.

using the capsules will fi

I love that brush

I’m not yelling at you guys for using the bags...you’re right, there is a lot more waste in other areas of most people’s lives, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do better! I rarely take plastic bags from stores for example because I keep reusable bags in the car, and if I only buy a few things I can just carry them in my hands.

I’m not asking anyone to give up their Volcano bags, just suggesting that S&B look into alternative materials that don’t hang around so long after their usefulness has ended. I’m not sure there’s an ideal replacement for this particular application right now, but I suspect there are some options out there, and I’d like to know they’re at least keeping an eye on the materials situation. :)

Cereal4dinner

I’m not yelling at you guys for using the bags...you’re right, there is a lot more waste in other areas of most people’s lives, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do better! I rarely take plastic bags from stores for example because I keep reusable bags in the car, and if I only buy a few things I can just carry them in my hands.

I’m not asking anyone to give up their Volcano bags, just suggesting that S&B look into alternative materials that don’t hang around so long after their usefulness has ended. I’m not sure there’s an ideal replacement for this particular application right now, but I suspect there are some options out there, and I’d like to know they’re at least keeping an eye on the materials situation. :)

direct-volcano.jpg

We should start a movement, no more using whips or bags. From now on we will just wrap our lips around the spout to take our medicine.

Change starts here, what better place than here what better time than now

yung fuggingson

Hey everyone,

I have been using a Volcano Hybrid for a couple of months (my first volcano).

Coming from only using sticky bricks for a few years, I am fairly disappointed with the flavour.

I've spent a fair amount of time experimenting with all the temps and some workflows, but I cannot get the flavour I'm accustomed to. Don't get me wrong I can taste something, but nothing like the bricks.

Does anyone have any tips with temps or anything, I must be missing something as I hear nothing but positive feedback on the flavour.

I love the volcano otherwise, but I just wanna taste my strains like I could before.

Any advice appreciated. :D

david8613

Hey everyone,

I have been using a Volcano Hybrid for a couple of months (my first volcano).

Coming from only using sticky bricks for a few years, I am fairly disappointed with the flavour.

I've spent a fair amount of time experimenting with all the temps and some workflows, but I cannot get the flavour I'm accustomed to. Don't get me wrong I can taste something, but nothing like the bricks.

Does anyone have any tips with temps or anything, I must be missing something as I hear nothing but positive feedback on the flavour.

I love the volcano otherwise, but I just wanna taste my strains like I could before.

Any advice appreciated. :D

Maybe you were tasting some of the wood before using the sticky bricks, and now your not tasting those extra flavors in the volcano?

yung fuggingson

Maybe you were tasting some of the wood before using the sticky bricks, and now your not tasting those extra flavors in the volcano?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I know exactly what you are saying, there is a woody smell with the bricks but it's not that, like I can't taste any notes I had before, diesel, citrus, earth etc, just a very generic terpy taste but not the characteristic flavours of my usual strains (if they are in there, they are extremely muted).

Maybe the bricks just have better flavour, little bit disappointing for the price as everywhere I researched said the flavour was far superior to other vapes. I mean, I get more recognisable flavour notes from my Dynavap.

btka

I know exactly what you are saying, there is a woody smell with the bricks but it's not that, like I can't taste any notes I had before, diesel, citrus, earth etc, just a very generic terpy taste but not the characteristic flavours of my usual strains (if they are in there, they are extremely muted).

Maybe the bricks just have better flavour, little bit disappointing for the price as everywhere I researched said the flavour was far superior to other vapes. I mean, I get more recognisable flavour notes from my Dynavap.
I also never understand the hype that volcano tastes so good... much worse was my experience with crafty (after one or two hits) ...

There are in my opinion better (stronger) tasting vapes.... but you get better taste when temp. is kept low but then you want not get much visible vapor... so fill the ballon with 180 to 190 degrees celsius for better taste... after that you can go higher in temp. and get clouds but with much less taste...

the volcano is what it is and that is one or the best bag filling vaporizer... there are vapes tasting better, making more visible vapor and are also more efficient with your herb (you can microdose but get good clouds and good taste...) BTW you have to look into on demand vapes (not session) which you can use with micro doses... ( for example e-nano... new vape flowerpot... grasshopper... sticky brick... lotus...)

yung fuggingson

I also never understand the hype that volcano tastes so good... much worse was my experience with crafty (after one or two hits) ...

There are in my opinion better (stronger) tasting vapes.... but you get better taste when temp. is kept low but then you want not get much visible vapor... so fill the ballon with 180 to 190 degrees celsius for better taste... after that you can go higher in temp. and get clouds but with much less taste...

the volcano is what it is and that is one or the best bag filling vaporizer... there are vapes tasting better, making more visible vapor and are also more efficient with your herb (you can microdose but get good clouds and good taste...) BTW you have to look into on demand vapes (not session) which you can use with micro doses... ( for example e-nano... new vape flowerpot... grasshopper... sticky brick... lotus...)

Oh yea, for sure this thing can go wham, I love the the convenience of just filling bags one after the other.
It's defo the fastest way to get medicated hands down.

Guess I just use both, the "last bag you'll ever need" workflow is great if you wanna leave this planet as fast as possible.

Firefly 2 gets some nice flavour but that thing is too much cleaning and general fuckery.
Using as discrete portable is annoying af having to keep stirring after every hit or it com busts easily and stinks for days.

Volcano whip is nice for hooking up to glass also.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Have you tried a new bag? IME once you start vaping over ~400F the bags really absorb those toasty roasty flavors which mute the terps a lot.

yung fuggingson

Have you tried a new bag? IME once you start vaping over ~400F the bags really absorb those toasty roasty flavors which mute the terps a lot.

Hey,

Yep, I've changed the bag a few times already, maybe I will try the 3rd party cooking bags with the solid valve option.

It is what it is I guess, it's still an amazing device, smooth af, I'll just keep another vape to the side when I want more accurate flavour. :)

1st world problems :D

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey,

Yep, I've changed the bag a few times already, maybe I will try the 3rd party cooking bags with the solid valve option.

It is what it is I guess, it's still an amazing device, smooth af, I'll just keep another vape to the side when I want more accurate flavour. :)

1st world problems :D

try just blowing up one hit's worth at a time. Remember, with any direct draw system, the first couple hits are amazing, followed by a decline in taste the rest of the way. A full bag, however, homogenizes all those hits into one 'okay' tasting series of hits that don't taste as good as the first on a direct draw, but also don't taste as bad on the later hits. I never approach a full bag like it's gonna taste the best. It might make for the tastiest session start to finish, but not the tastiest individual hits.

silverharbinger

Hey,

1st world problems

Did you find out if the solid valve set will fit, and actually work well, with the the hybrid's new style of screw-in chamber system? This seems like it wouldn't, and if it did I really doubt that the flavor would improve from doing this or changing the bags.

Also, Storz and Bickel's website says that the solid valve is for the Volcano Classic and Digit. It does not mention any use with the Hybrid at all. Just wanting to throw that out there before you spend a significant amount of money on something like that.

I said use brush to bow out upper screen, to better mate with reducer chamber rim

Uh, um ... maybe use a Q-tip instead

brush-handle.jpg

I have one of their brushes that I keep in a bottle, along with a dab tool that I use quite a bit and never bother to clean. The result is it is covered in many, many splotches of dab resin, but hey, the brush works!

Thinking about this makes me happy to be living in a time where marijuana laws are changing so dramatically. Every bit of that resin came from dabs I was able to buy from legal recreational dispensaries that are operating openly like any other business. I can't bring myself to remove it. :)

yung fuggingson

Did you find out if the solid valve set will fit, and actually work well, with the the hybrid's new style of screw-in chamber system? This seems like it wouldn't, and if it did I really doubt that the flavor would improve from doing this or changing the bags.

Well, since it's my first Volcano I'm not sure if it's the exact same as the previous version of the solid valve, but it came with it

It's this version: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Volcano-Va...73155732&sprefix=volcano+soli,aps,134&sr=8-19

url

try just blowing up one hit's worth at a time. Remember, with any direct draw system, the first couple hits are amazing, followed by a decline in taste the rest of the way. A full bag, however, homogenizes all those hits into one 'okay' tasting series of hits that don't taste as good as the first on a direct draw, but also don't taste as bad on the later hits. I never approach a full bag like it's gonna taste the best. It might make for the tastiest session start to finish, but not the tastiest individual hits.

That makes 100% sense, thank you, I will report back :)

Last edited by a moderator:

btka

Well, since it's my first Volcano I'm not sure if it's the exact same as the previous version of the solid valve, but it came with it

It's this version: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Volcano-Vaporizer-Solid-Valve-Balloon/dp/B01H2RYB1W/ref=sr_1_19?crid=D520D8AYIKNR&keywords=volcano+solid+valve&qid=1573155732&sprefix=volcano+soli,aps,134&sr=8-19

url

yes it is... you can use it with hybrid...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MniJ5kUS61TMxp_1djR1gnpwqhkzkuCw

Top Bottom