Volcano Hybrid

SquirrelMaster

Sorry I wasn't clear. I did not accomplish a lot after that session lol. I find it gives good flavour and nice vapour density. If I stay lower in temperature the flavour is amazing but the vapour is pretty thin.

SquirrelMaster

Forgot to tag you above @BigC’sTowing

So the Volcano Medic 2 has official pricing of $699 CAD (Hybrid launched at $899 CAD)! It comes with the reducer and one dosing cap. I'm not sure how tax and duty works ordering from Storz and Bickel but I was surprised at the quick drop of $200.

So then I went to Herbalizestore.ca where I purchased my Hybrid. BAM price down to $675 ($699 Reg) CAD!! Plus if you use the promo code Love10 you knock it down to $600 CAD plus all taxes and shipping is included! The price may be lower for Black Friday with what I suspect will be a 20% off site wide coupon and even if they bring the price back to their regular price of $699 CAD that would bring it to $560!! Herbalizestore helped me out with the price drop so I can't recommend them enough. The only downside is they only have extra whips for accessories which just means another small order from somewhere else if you want anything else. They told me they'll be getting more accessories in the future.

Had some Rockstar earlier that one of my awesome co-workers surprised me with today. Had some nice fruity flavors to it. Time for a knockout now with some White Walker Bubba.

SquirrelMaster,

simplywonderful

Unfortunately no, a Firefly 2, I had quickly forgotten how heavy the draw is on this device, I also have some soft gel oil capsules, and a few bottles of oil.
so you had old volcano and got replacement : volcano hybrid?

I don’t think it’s *that* uncommon to hear high frequencies. I was always horribly annoyed by the high pitched whine of CRT screens when there wasn’t other noise to drown it out, and I knew other people who heard it well into adulthood too...but most people don’t so those noises usually get ignored, to our dismay. :ugh:

...but yeah, most adults lose most or all of those high frequency ranges, so I’m not surprised most people don’t notice it. :)

They wouldn’t necessarily have to invent new bags. There are other people working on that, and while the temperature issues may make it harder to find a good alternative, there are alternatives out there they could buy instead of the bags they currently buy.

The plastic bag and whip waste are a couple of the main things that bother me about these too, so I’d like to see them try something different there too. :)
I know its offtopic but regarding high pitch frequencies, Mighty always produce them close to oven that electronic whispering

Last edited by a moderator:

simplywonderful

No, I bought a Hybrid, but it stopped connecting to Bluetooth, so had to send it in.
That quite sucks hope they didnt made the trade off like vapecritic was assuming with crafty plus, can we even btw get mighty plus ? mighty plus was that 20%more battery version or not?

simplywonderful,

Baron23

Hey everyone,

I have been using a Volcano Hybrid for a couple of months (my first volcano).

Coming from only using sticky bricks for a few years, I am fairly disappointed with the flavour.

I've spent a fair amount of time experimenting with all the temps and some workflows, but I cannot get the flavour I'm accustomed to. Don't get me wrong I can taste something, but nothing like the bricks.

Does anyone have any tips with temps or anything, I must be missing something as I hear nothing but positive feedback on the flavour.

I love the volcano otherwise, but I just wanna taste my strains like I could before.

Any advice appreciated. :D
This is just me, but I have never viewed the Volcano as a taste machine. Strong vapor up to real heavy hitting at higher temps, yeah. Taste, no so much.

This works for me as I vape MJ for the effects. Its a good thing if it tastes good, but it could taste like cough syrup and if it delivered the effects I need then I'm in.

SquirrelMaster

You think herbalizestore will offer price protection if there is a 20% off Black Friday?
No, they don't officially offer price protection. Price is back up to $8-- CAD when I last looked. Vapenorth.ca has it on sale for $765 CAD (15% off) so I suspect a price drop. Medic 2 is still $699 CAD if you don't mind a lower maximum temperature.

SquirrelMaster,

Vapenayshyall

No, they don't officially offer price protection. Price is back up to $8-- CAD when I last looked. Vapenorth.ca has it on sale for $765 CAD (15% off) so I suspect a price drop. Medic 2 is still $699 CAD if you don't mind a lower maximum temperature.
Oh wow so the price is back up. I wonder if that was a mistake because it was like 674$ (regular 699$) discount of 4% which looked weird. I actually ordered it at 600$ and boy am I glad I did, hopefully I receive it. Thanks for sharing the deal you found.

sanfranciscosadhu

Terrible news:
Apple decided to eliminate ALL vaping related apps
Yes, this includes S&B as well as Pax. If you have the app already, there are no issues for now. Still works.
However if you don’t, it’s no longer available in the App Store. Even worse for people wanting to buy a Crafty.
This will have a big impact on sales I believe, unless it gets remedied.
Ugh...

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Terrible news:
Yes, this includes S&B as well as Pax. If you have the app already, there are no issues for now. Still works.
However if you don’t, it’s no longer available in the App Store. Even worse for people wanting to buy a Crafty.
Ugh...

Nothing a direct link to a company posting the app directly FUCK APPLE!!!

Vapenayshyall

I’m surprised Apple would have such a knee jerk reaction. Hopefully the big LPs in Canada (one of them owns SB now) can flex on them and get the apps back. Luckily I downloaded the app before I even got my hybrid but I also have a bunch of android phones I could still use.

Nolan Kinshella

So with Apple removing apps I decided to get the Android one on my phone, I have the iOS version on an iPad. Working with the app on Android was great except workflows, every time I tried to edit a workflow the app crashed me out. Well it turns out that Android doesn't like Fahrenheit, switched to Celsius, worked perfect. Switched back after editing the workflow, and it ran bang on. So if you get the app on Android, you may need this little trick.

wizzbang

Been messing with bag size lately trying to find the ideal bag size for the reducer chamber. And Reynolds Oven bags seem to be a perfect fit. I tried turkey bags and bigger custom bags but they were just too harsh for my liking and actually quite time consuming. The oven bag is perfect for a quick balloon that is still a decent sized session with good flavor.

WakeVape&Bake

Terrible news:
Ugh...

why did they do that?

good that i have the app installed on my iPhone, i would be a bit pissed as a new Hybrid owner...i mean the app is mostly a comfort function, the device works perfectly fine without the app but i think it is neat bonus

for those who have the Hybrid a bit longer: give the metal cylinder inside the black part of the chamber an iso cleaning from time to time, there was real thick resin in there in mine.you have to remove the blue rubber ring to in order to remove the cylinder.

i completely forgot to clean this thing since i´ve got the Hybrid and yeah, it accumulates a lot of residue.

Last edited:

pokaman4

hi,
i got the hybrid since the release its awesome and worth upgrade to the digit one my only problem i got is i found it too harsh sometimes i wonder if there is any setup i can do to cool the vapor before it went to the bag, i prefer a chip option but i open to learn about high end options also :) thanks for the help

Nolan Kinshella

i wonder if there is any setup i can do to cool the vapor before it went to the bag, i prefer a chip option but i open to learn about high end options also :) thanks for the help

Magma Industries makes a couple cool looking bubblers that attach directly to the top of the loading chamber, attach your whip/bag to the bubbler. I don't have one, but all I see is great reviewws, hoping to convince my Boss (wife) to get one under my tree this year for Yule lol.

btka

Magma Industries makes a couple cool looking bubblers that attach directly to the top of the loading chamber, attach your whip/bag to the bubbler. I don't have one, but all I see is great reviewws, hoping to convince my Boss (wife) to get one under my tree this year for Yule lol.

I do not know was also sold... but then read somewhere that moister in bag is not a good idea because of hygenic reasons... but i also find the vapor sonetimes harsh... especialy with higher temps... (also "the one bag to rule all" workflow bag...)

Vapenayshyall

Wow I just got my hybrid. I have it hooked up to a smart outlet plug which gives the hybrid a power button now. I can pre fill my herb chamber, slip on the bag and have the volcano ready to go. I’m trying to mess around with short cuts on iOS and IFTTT app to see if I can create a solution to turn the hybrid on and start a super bag by pressing one shortcut on my phone. This is such a QOL upgrade to me I love it.

SquirrelMaster

Wow I just got my hybrid. I have it hooked up to a smart outlet plug which gives the hybrid a power button now. I can pre fill my herb chamber, slip on the bag and have the volcano ready to go. I’m trying to mess around with short cuts on iOS and IFTTT app to see if I can create a solution to turn the hybrid on and start a super bag by pressing one shortcut on my phone. This is such a QOL upgrade to me I love it.

I had thought about IFTTT but you would need a way to access Bluetooth to trigger the device right? Are you coding something or am I not thinking about a different angle? Either way you're making me start to nerd out.

SquirrelMaster,

Vapenayshyall

No luck with ifttt yet, but I have the hybrid hooked up to a wifi plug. I just have to power on the plug and the volcano turns on and bluetooth can connect right away. Are you on iOS? I am still trying to figure out shortcuts on iOS but it seems pretty robust.

Vapenayshyall,

ChooChooCharlie

... my only problem i got is i found it too harsh sometimes i wonder if there is any setup i can do to cool the vapor before it went to the bag, i prefer a chip option but i open to learn about high end options also :) thanks for the help

Magma Industries makes a couple cool looking bubblers that attach directly to the top of the loading chamber, attach your whip/bag to the bubbler...

... read somewhere that moister in bag is not a good idea because of hygenic reasons...

Sneaky Pete shows a clever hydration hack at around 3min

(or use a small nibbler or PWT bubbler and play bagpipes)

SquirrelMaster

Thanks @ChooChooCharlie I just held the bag up to my glass with the mouthpiece inserted and it worked ok but that's a much better hack. Definitely helps condition the vapour with the warm/hot water which is very nice at higher temps.

SquirrelMaster,

yung fuggingson

This is just me, but I have never viewed the Volcano as a taste machine. Strong vapor up to real heavy hitting at higher temps, yeah. Taste, no so much.

This works for me as I vape MJ for the effects. Its a good thing if it tastes good, but it could taste like cough syrup and if it delivered the effects I need then I'm in.

Yea, I'm feeling the same, although I am getting better flavor going whip to triple perc bong.
I know water is supposed to reduce flavour but doesn't seem to be the case.
The volcano is just so different to anything I've had before, guess I needed some extra insight, thanks to members in this thread I'm all set now. : D

Top Bottom