Volcano Hybrid

silverharbinger

Maybe I'm not following this. The poster said that they had a hybrid model, and they wanted to use a solid valve system to see if it would improve the flavor any. To my knowledge the hybrid's chamber is a newer design that screws into the unit and allows for better conduction heating, and the older easy and solid valve chambers are not compatible with it. It even says this on the sheet you linked to as well.

Based on that I would think that any easy valve bag would be fully compatible with the hybrid because the hybrid still uses easy valve mouthpieces on their bags, and the chamber nozzle looks basically the same as the old easy valve's does. However, the solid valve bags would not work correctly because they have a different mouthpiece design than the easy valve. You need the solid valve chamber in order to use them.

Please feel free to correct me on this if I'm off somewhere. I definitely don't want to be giving anyone the wrong advice on this out of ignorance or misunderstanding something.

silverharbinger,
Reactions: btka

btka

Maybe I'm not following this. The poster said that they had a hybrid model, and they wanted to use a solid valve system to see if it would improve the flavor any. To my knowledge the hybrid's chamber is a newer design that screws into the unit and allows for better conduction heating, and the older easy and solid valve chambers are not compatible with it. It even says this on the sheet you linked to as well.

Based on that I would think that any easy valve bag would be fully compatible with the hybrid because the hybrid still uses easy valve mouthpieces on their bags, and the chamber nozzle looks basically the same as the old easy valve's does. However, the solid valve bags would not work correctly because they have a different mouthpiece design than the easy valve. You need the solid valve chamber in order to use them.

Please feel free to correct me on this if I'm off somewhere. I definitely don't want to be giving anyone the wrong advice on this out of ignorance or misunderstanding something.
you are correct.. I refferded to the amazon link which showed a easy valve bag...

yung fuggingson

you are correct.. I refferded to the amazon link which showed a easy valve bag...

Sorry, I think I confused things on that.
The Amazon link was just to show the valve I was referring to as the "Solid Valve".

By solid valve I meant the type you can undo and fit you own bags, but maybe I've confused the name for that valve, but I'm sure I've seen it referred to as solid valve, maybe I got it mixed up.

yung fuggingson,

Cereal4dinner

try just blowing up one hit's worth at a time. Remember, with any direct draw system, the first couple hits are amazing, followed by a decline in taste the rest of the way. A full bag, however, homogenizes all those hits into one 'okay' tasting series of hits that don't taste as good as the first on a direct draw, but also don't taste as bad on the later hits. I never approach a full bag like it's gonna taste the best. It might make for the tastiest session start to finish, but not the tastiest individual hits.

This is exactly right, also i find it helps to really let that chamber heat soak

silverharbinger

Sorry, I think I confused things on that.
The Amazon link was just to show the valve I was referring to as the "Solid Valve".

By solid valve I meant the type you can undo and fit you own bags, but maybe I've confused the name for that valve, but I'm sure I've seen it referred to as solid valve, maybe I got it mixed up.

No problem! The issue is how the item is listed on amazon, and if you look at the reviews one other person appears to have bought it and felt misled. It probably should have been worded something like, "volcano vaporizer 3 meter roll of bag/balloon material". When I glanced at the item from the way it was worded, combined with what you had been saying before, I thought you might be getting a solid valve mouthpiece and balloon tube. :shrug:

Anyway, the bag material would work with any solid valve mouthpiece, or any easy valve mouthpiece that has an adapter (black ring at the top of the mouthpiece). You should have received one easy valve that has an adapter with your hybrid, so if you were to get this you would be able to replace the bag when its time, which could be weeks or years depending on how much you use it.

Do you think it is the bag that is causing the lack of flavor? Do you notice the same problem when using the whip as well?

Nolan Kinshella

When I glanced at the item from the way it was worded, combined with what you had been saying before, I thought you might be getting a solid valve mouthpiece and balloon tube. :shrug:

I have 3 rolls of the bags, and there is even a pic of the valve on the box, it is a tad confusing for sure, I got them from the S&B site, so the wording was definitely better.

yung fuggingson

No problem! The issue is how the item is listed on amazon, and if you look at the reviews one other person appears to have bought it and felt misled. It probably should have been worded something like, "volcano vaporizer 3 meter roll of bag/balloon material". When I glanced at the item from the way it was worded, combined with what you had been saying before, I thought you might be getting a solid valve mouthpiece and balloon tube. :shrug:

Anyway, the bag material would work with any solid valve mouthpiece, or any easy valve mouthpiece that has an adapter (black ring at the top of the mouthpiece). You should have received one easy valve that has an adapter with your hybrid, so if you were to get this you would be able to replace the bag when its time, which could be weeks or years depending on how much you use it.

Do you think it is the bag that is causing the lack of flavor? Do you notice the same problem when using the whip as well?

Hey,

Thanks for the input, yea the link I used was confusing sorry.
Yea the easy valve with the black ring is the thing I was referring to as solid valve.
Think I got stuff mixed up

try just blowing up one hit's worth at a time. Remember, with any direct draw system, the first couple hits are amazing, followed by a decline in taste the rest of the way. A full bag, however, homogenizes all those hits into one 'okay' tasting series of hits that don't taste as good as the first on a direct draw, but also don't taste as bad on the later hits. I never approach a full bag like it's gonna taste the best. It might make for the tastiest session start to finish, but not the tastiest individual hits.

This is exactly right, also i find it helps to really let that chamber heat soak

This was great advice, thank you my guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Last edited:

yung fuggingson

https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/vapebags-for-arizer-extreme-or-volcano-solid-valve-system Cut the old balloons off the easy valve and put these new balloons on with rubber bands. Also soak the mouth pieces in ISO and rinse in water, Then let dry. The balloons are made in America and are food grade safe. I find the flavor of the strains to stand out more using these also. Although a fresh balloon is always nice when you get a new strain.:tup:

Awesome, I'm gonna try that, cheers. :)

yung fuggingson,
Reactions: Vaporooni

Nolan Kinshella

The anxiety of my Volcano shipping to California for repair/replacement has finally ended. I have a tracking number for a new one headed my way, so now the anxiety and checking tracking every 20 minutes again lol. Very grateful to S&B, and their amazing warranty support, they really stand behind their stuff.

BigC’sTowing

The anxiety of my Volcano shipping to California for repair/replacement has finally ended. I have a tracking number for a new one headed my way, so now the anxiety and checking tracking every 20 minutes again lol. Very grateful to S&B, and their amazing warranty support, they really stand behind their stuff.
A Plenty to hold you over?

YayVap

Hey everyone,

I have been using a Volcano Hybrid for a couple of months (my first volcano).

Coming from only using sticky bricks for a few years, I am fairly disappointed with the flavour.

I've spent a fair amount of time experimenting with all the temps and some workflows, but I cannot get the flavour I'm accustomed to. Don't get me wrong I can taste something, but nothing like the bricks.

Does anyone have any tips with temps or anything, I must be missing something as I hear nothing but positive feedback on the flavour.

I love the volcano otherwise, but I just wanna taste my strains like I could before.

Any advice appreciated. :D
I've never used a real volcano unfortunately. I d love to have one that's for sure, but I've had a few and tried a few other vapes, and by far the most flavorful vape I've ever used is my Sticky brick. Here's the rub...when I first used a Budah, then my Surfer, and a few others I always noticed the awesome flavors. Now I've been spoiled by my Stickybr ick. Once you get the flame figured out the flavors from mine outshine the flavors i get from any other vape. This has nothing to do with portability or convenience of ease of use or anything except flavor. That being said I still really want a volcano

yung fuggingson

I've never used a real volcano unfortunately. I d love to have one that's for sure, but I've had a few and tried a few other vapes, and by far the most flavorful vape I've ever used is my Sticky brick. Here's the rub...when I first used a Budah, then my Surfer, and a few others I always noticed the awesome flavors. Now I've been spoiled by my Stickybr ick. Once you get the flame figured out the flavors from mine outshine the flavors i get from any other vape. This has nothing to do with portability or convenience of ease of use or anything except flavor. That being said I still really want a volcano

Yeah, the bricks are amazing flavour wise, good luck with your Volcano acquisition. :)

Forgot to get back on this, flavour is much improved with this method so thank you. :)

SquirrelMaster

After a couple weeks of exclusive bag usage here are my thoughts on the Hybrid. The taste can be a mixed bag depending on how quickly you ramp up the temperature, the bud itself, or the workflow you use. If I'm not using a workflow I've been starting as low as 150°C/°302 for a few seconds and then jumping up to 165°C/329°F, then 185°C/365°F, and finishing at 200°C/392°F or higher. As soon as I'm past 200°C/392°F the taste starts to suffer not unlike my other devices. I would compare it to my Splinter Z except multiplied. The good (first) hits are amazing; there's such a huge volume of tasty vapour. I would make the same comparison to the later draws except they're definitely not the tasty variety. The volume of vapour is playing into the harshness as well as the bag gets absolutely milky.

I would agree with stickstones that you can help mix the flavours with workflows to even things out. The lower the maximum temperature of the workflow the better the overall vapour quality.

Flavour aside, the Hybrid medicates me so much faster then any of my other devices. On the flop side my tolerance has shot through the roof. I've been coming home at the end of a work day and the first thing I do is relax with a quick :lol: 5 bags. A full bowl (0.4-0.5g) I should say, I can knock that down to 2 bags if I'm in a rush but I prefer the stretch it out a bit. Another full bowl later in the evening and I'm good to go for the night. A couple nights I did back to back full packs in the evening and I was on another planet. I'll give the whip a go sometime this week if I can, but right now I love big bags of vapour.

BigC’sTowing

Yeah, the bricks are amazing flavour wise,
Forgot to get back on this, flavour is much improved with this method so thank you. :)

I have several workflows I enjoy. I have a 396 Medley that I use. I know 396 falls outside of the 5 degree temp increments, but is an ode to my plenty which I haven’t used as much. It’s as follows:

347/175
356/180
365/185
383/195
396/202

I run each temp for 7 seconds with the exception of the high temp which is run for 10 seconds.

Generally, I don’t like the Volcano vapor at one temp over 370 ish. This way really provides tasty vapor with the effects I’m lookin for.

Remember, you can move this entire schedule a deviation to the right, lengthen burn times at higher/lower temps etc.

yung fuggingson

I have several workflows I enjoy. I have a 396 Medley that I use. I know 396 falls outside of the 5 degree temp increments, but is an ode to my plenty which I haven’t used as much. It’s as follows:

347/175
356/180
365/185
383/195
396/202

I run each temp for 7 seconds with the exception of the high temp which is run for 10 seconds.

Generally, I don’t like the Volcano vapor at one temp over 370 ish. This way really provides tasty vapor with the effects I’m lookin for.

Remember, you can move this entire schedule a deviation to the right, lengthen burn times at higher/lower temps etc.

Thanks dude, I'll try that one tonight.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Flavour aside, the Hybrid medicates me so much faster then any of my other devices. On the flop side my tolerance has shot through the roof.

I've been seeing a lot of these posts on the powerful medicating potential of this vape and was kinda wondering if some of that was largely due to how much weed the Volcano likes to eat.

Back in the day before the big concentrate boom, growers used to just give away trim cause they didn't know what to do with it, and I used to pack fat solid valves of straight popcorn nugs, but this premium vaporizer would definitely cost me a premium to operate with overpriced dispensary green! :lol:

Still want to play with one for a bit!' :clap:

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/vapebags-for-arizer-extreme-or-volcano-solid-valve-system Cut the old balloons off the easy valve and put these new balloons on with rubber bands. Also soak the mouth pieces in ISO and rinse in water, Then let dry. The balloons are made in America and are food grade safe, Also quieter. I find the flavor of the strains to stand out more using these also. Although a fresh balloon is always nice when you get a new strain.:tup:

There is a small, clear, plastic retaining ring holding the bag in place on disposable easy bags. You can gently pry this ring out and use it to hold replacement bags in place.

I've been seeing a lot of these posts on the powerful medicating potential of this vape and was kinda wondering if some of that was largely due to how much weed the Volcano likes to eat.

Back in the day before the big concentrate boom, growers used to just give away trim cause they didn't know what to do with it, and I used to pack fat solid valves of straight popcorn nugs, but this premium vaporizer would definitely cost me a premium to operate with overpriced dispensary green! :lol:

Still want to play with one for a bit!' :clap:

I'm using between .1 and .15 grams in a loaded reducer capsule to get two to three bags, depending on the strain. I wouldn't call that hungry when compared to my previous Classic with Solid valve.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I would agree with that 100% with how I'm currently using it. It's easy to use and once you fill a bag (which doesn't take long) you can crush large amounts of vapour quickly (and safely) and then 40 seconds later you're good to go again. A couple nights ago I pulled out the Splinter Z and 3 bowls later I still felt like I needed more to be at the level my Hybrid gets me to and their was more work involved. I love my Z but it feels like more work to get to that same level. If you're using the reducing chamber and/or dosing caps you would still have those added benefits but I haven't picked those up yet so I can't say for sure.

I don't find it to be wasteful either by any means but without the reducer in, she does eat a lot of green.

SquirrelMaster

Now this is bizarre, and it's not the first time it's happened. Currently on bag 4, started like this:

Heat - 150°C/302°F
|
\/
Hold - 30 Seconds
|
\/
Air - 10 Seconds
|
\/
Heat - 165°C/329°F
|
\/
Hold - 5 Seconds
|
\/
Air - 15 Seconds
|
\/
Heat - 185°C/365°F
|
\/
Hold - 5 Seconds
|
\/
Air - 15 Seconds

Bag 2
180°C/356°F

Bag 3
180°C/356°F

Bag 4
185°C/365°F

Bag 5
193°C/379.4°F :rofl:

The flavour I'm getting out of this Watermelon bud is amazing! I had some yesterday in my Splinter Z starting low and I couldn't taste it at all, I was disappointed because it smelled so good. Whatever it was, I'm feeling pretty good:D:leaf:

Edit:
Bag 6
200°C/392°F

BigC’sTowing

Now this is bizarre, and it's not the first time it's happened. Currently on bag 4, started like this:

Heat - 150°C/302°F
|
\/
Hold - 30 Seconds
|
\/
Air - 10 Seconds
|
\/
Heat - 165°C/329°F
|
\/
Hold - 5 Seconds
|
\/
Air - 15 Seconds
|
\/
Heat - 185°C/365°F
|
\/
Hold - 5 Seconds
|
\/
Air - 15 Seconds

Bag 2
180°C/356°F

Bag 3
180°C/356°F

Bag 4
185°C/365°F

Bag 5
193°C/379.4°F :rofl:

The flavour I'm getting out of this Watermelon bud is amazing! I had some yesterday in my Splinter Z starting low and I couldn't taste it at all, I was disappointed because it smelled so good. Whatever it was, I'm feeling pretty good:D:leaf:

Edit:
Bag 6
200°C/392°F
I’m not sure what this workflow represents. Please give me the details, I’d like to try it.

BigC’sTowing,
Top Bottom