Volcano Hybrid

david8613

I would like ask members here on this thread because I know most of yoi upgraded from the volcano classic and volcano digital. With hind sight if you had to purchase a classic or digital now which would you get? and why? price is not a factor in the equation.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I would like ask members here on this thread because I know most of yoi upgraded from the volcano classic and volcano digital. With hind sight if you had to purchase a classic or digital now which would you get? and why? price is not a factor in the equation.

There is no choice, It's the Hybrid.
The others are 20 yr old tech.
I had them all, Hybrid is really game changer.
Check it out in depth.
You can pick up OG for $200 all day on Reddit.
Digital is a discontinued joke.
Really I get to temp in 38 seconds
Whip is like having a super Plenty.
Start my day with 5 quick bags, gets me there & back lol
Now I don't go to concentrates till 3pm, helps my day go smooth.

WakeVape&Bake

Classic there is no big difference and less to break (it is like a tank... digital to much electronics) and also it is cheaper...

the difference is a dramatically faster heat up time, added conduction heating and a whip...

if someone knows they will only use bags and don´t mind waiting a bit longer for heatup the classic is fine but i think the Hybrid is the way to go with a Volcano at this point

i wouldn´t wanna miss the fast heat up time and the whip anymore if i am honest.

in fact i am thinking about selling my Mighty because of the heatup, it is so slow to heatup after using the Hybrid...and i think there will be a Mighty+ next year

WakeVape&Bake

yeah, there is nothing else they can do at this point...just filing complaints and hoping they find a solution

can´t understand Apple´s decision if i am honest but as stated there, the app is more for comfort functions, the device itself runs fine without the app (in case of the Hybrid)

still, the workflows are a neat feature and it sucks that new owners can´t use them

WakeVape&Bake,

SquirrelMaster

@david8613

I'll add to what's been said by pointing out the app as another selling point of the Hybrid. You can expedite the heating process even more by having a bowl packed and ready to go at the press of an on screen button in another room. Workflows are amazing as well, I find myself using one to start nearly every session and at least half of my second bags on that same bowl. Balances vapour production and flavour a bit.

@Imsooohighrn420 (420Vapezone) pointed out the increased vapour production is his review as well on YouTube. The Hybrid is more efficient with the added convection heat which is another boost and he shows exactly what it looks like. Well worth the watch.

@WakeVape&Bake That's why I'm waiting for the Mighty+, that heat up time really bothers me when all my other vapes are faster. They talked about 15 new product SKU's in an investor call by the end of 2019 and although they probably won't all be vapes I'm banking on a Mighty+being teased in the next few weeks. Maybe they'll stagger the release so they can get one more Christmas season with the Mighty but I would also wager a guess that their streamlining their manufacturing process more. The tear down of the Crafty+ hints at that.

btka

the difference is a dramatically faster heat up time, added conduction heating and a whip...

if someone knows they will only use bags and don´t mind waiting a bit longer for heatup the classic is fine but i think the Hybrid is the way to go with a Volcano at this point

i wouldn´t wanna miss the fast heat up time and the whip anymore if i am honest.

in fact i am thinking about selling my Mighty because of the heatup, it is so slow to heatup after using the Hybrid...and i think there will be a Mighty+ next year
Man did you read the question he asked... he asked between classic and digital... which he should choose.. and btw the hybrid is not really much of improovment... especially for the price they want... it is also 20 years old technology only faster heating and they changed the bowl a little bit to add conduction... with classic they bragged it is full convection... at the end it is a capitalist business canopy growth which try to maximize profit trith acquisatin of storz and bickel and try to hold costs down not spending money for
r&d...

Last edited:

Alexis

@Imsooohighrn420 (420Vapezone) pointed out the increased vapour production is his review as well on YouTube. The Hybrid is more efficient with the added convection heat which is another boost and he shows exactly what it looks like. Well worth the watch

Just notic3d, I think you might have mentioned the wrong member here? You wanted @ohmygodimsohigh I believe?

Baron23

it is also 20 years old technology

I always sort of wonder what "new technology" people are looking for?

I mean, all we are doing is either passing hot air over a load of botanicals, or heating oven sides, or both.

To me, its sort of like complaining that toaster ovens are still using the same technology.

What is it you think you would want to see.

I'm not talking about user features....but basic tech used in the vape.

Just curious is all.

Cheers

Alexis

I mean, all we are doing is either passing hot air over a load of botanicals, or heating oven sides, or both.

To me, its sort of like complaining that toaster ovens are still using the same technology.

Just curious is all.

Cheers
This is so true now. And I'm actually seeing this kind of realisation and acceptance in a number of places currently on this forum and elsewhere.

I think we are realising collectively that we have been living under the illusion that things will always continuously improve in general technology wise etc and this assumption has been made about vaporizers in general but we are realising more and more that actually a lot of the old stuff is as good as the new stuff.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Man did you read the question he asked... he asked between classic and digital... which he should choose.. and btw the hybrid is not really much of improovment... especially for the price they want... it is also 20 years old technology only faster heating and they changed the bowl a little bit to add conduction... with classic they bragged it is full convection... at the end it is a capitalist business canopy growth which try to maximize profit trith acquisatin of storz and bickel and try to hold costs down not spending money for
r&d...

I suppose it could be argued that Storz & Bickel themselves had 20 years to improve on the Volcano if they really wanted to.

The Hybrid might not be a radical redesign, but it does appear to combine the cumulative experience learned from all previous S&B vaporizers.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Mmmmm, toast...:mmmm:

It does seem like everyone who has a ‘Cano Hybrid is happy with the performance and cumulative “improvements” and I don’t hear anyone bitching about the pricetag after their purchase. To have such a positive general consensus on this latest version is remarkable really, in today’s vape world. It’s honestly the thing that keeps me interested in this plugin that I don’t need, I enjoy this thread’s positive vibe and all the different satisfied user experiences.

Last edited:

Alexis

Mmmmm, toast...:mmmm:

It does seem like everyone who has a ‘Cano Hybrid is happy with the performance and cumulative “improvements” and I don’t hear anyone bitching about the pricetag after their purchase. To have such a positive general consensus on this latest version is remarkable really, in today’s vape world. It’s honestly the thing that keeps me interested in this plugin that I don’t need, I enjoy this thread’s positive vibe and all the different satisfied user experiences.
Agreed. I wont ever be trying any Volcano models because I reacted to the SV3 aluminium heating element.

But I can see plain as day, as a (jealous) outside observer, that this new volcano hybrid has got to be a step up by the sounds of it because there is just far too much smoke here to be no fire.

Suddenly this thread is alive, full of highest testimony for the Hybrid. It is clearly a substantial improvement.

I want one! :D

david8613

I want a vape that is 4k capable with 5g and a laser heating element that is powered by a nuclear reactor, oh yeah and Klingon cloaking capabilities for the ultimate on the go stealth!!!.

But seriously one table top that had my interest was the herbalizer, it had some type of bulb for the heater. Supposed to be super fast stable and accurate heating temperature. I read somewhere when using a bulb for heating element no particles in vapor, metal heaters produce some kind of particles in vapor not sure how true this is, but they no longer make that device anyway.

WakeVape&Bake

r&d...

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

people should just realize that S&B doesn´t need to reinvent the wheel-they already did that 20 years ago.
what do people want from a new Volcano, that it also brews coffee in the morning or ?

The Hybrid is one of the best if not the best desktop vaporizer on the market.

in general, S&B have great vaporizers and they just do product care with their devices. they already did it that way before the acquisition and they never were cheap. it is like the Apple of vaporizers, it was never different. and sure it is capitalist business, they want to make money like every other company.

also, the founders of Storz and Bickel, Markus Storz and Jürgen Bickel are still working there, they didn´t sell the company and left the boat.

Jürgen Bickel said that about the acquisition:

"The merger with Canopy Growth enables us to take the next important step in the development, with access to extensive test labs, as well as pharmaceutical and medical-scientific know-how, opening up entirely new possibilities for product development"

"I am looking forward to helping to shape and drive this development. This will benefit not only customers worldwide, but also the location in Tuttlingen(that is the german homebase) and our employees, as the joint venture will bring new growth strategies and international expansion opportunities. "

Last edited:

btka

Just curious is all.

Cheers
Look at the heating element of grasshopper it reaches temp in 3 seconds and is small... no aluminium... to be honest you can like hopper labs or not but they were the only one inventing something new...
If they only would recognize there big potential with rhis heating element... I also get bigger and tastier cloud with grasshopper... imagine a grasshopper.heating element and a small aur pump and small size... nothing against s&b but they really slept the last years... they had put money on a heating element which is small (do not think they make their heating elements by them self like the airpump the source and buy from outside... I understand vape critics frustration... and btw I also have bought a hybrid but I realize and accept what it us and not praising because of buyers remorse or cognitive disonance... also there portable vapes are not worth the money crafty ... mighty... at the end they could at least had implement to control the airpump and how much air it is pumping out so your bag is not half of hot air... I think there are vapes like grasshopper ... flowerpot when you could add a air pump they will outperform the volcano... In my opinion the volcano hybrid is a good vaporizer also effect wise but not really worth the money when comparing wirh other and I think they would have the funds to come up with better inventions then they did... and be the king of vapes again but in my opinion they did not... imagine workflow options where the heater reaches temps in 2 or 3 seconds (grasshopper heating element can do this)... I am dissapointed because I knew there is more place for improovments... then adding a metall ring to the bowl for conduction and a heater which heats faster... and that makes me angry ... as said the only one company which improoved the vaporizer market in the last years is grasshopper...

btka

I don’t see how you can compare a “pen” vape with a volcano but whatever.
Even worse a portable pen vape has a better powerful heating element (battery) as a desktop... now you recognize even more how innovative a aluminium heating element like in volcano is... they could have used titanium or so... maybe also better for health...

btka,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

people should just realize that S&B doesn´t need to reinvent the wheel-they already did that 20 years ago.
what do people want from a new Volcano, that it also brews coffee in the morning or ?

The Hybrid is one of the best if not the best desktop vaporizer on the market.

in general, S&B have great vaporizers and they just do product care with their devices. they already did it that way before the acquisition and they never were cheap. it is like the Apple of vaporizers, it was never different. and sure it is capitalist business, they want to make money like every other company.

also, the founders of Storz and Bickel, Markus Storz and Jürgen Bickel are still working there, they didn´t sell the company and left the boat.

Jürgen Bickel said that about the acquisition:

"The merger with Canopy Growth enables us to take the next important step in the development, with access to extensive test labs, as well as pharmaceutical and medical-scientific know-how, opening up entirely new possibilities for product development"

"I am looking forward to helping to shape and drive this development. This will benefit not only customers worldwide, but also the location in Tuttlingen(that is the german homebase) and our employees, as the joint venture will bring new growth strategies and international expansion opportunities. "

The tinfoil hat picture in this post is about as close to breaking the Be Nice rule as you want to get. If you can't be respectful of another member's opinions, use PMs or better still, keep your fingers off the keyboard. I won't give you a warning point this time, but tread carefully from now on.

pakalolo,

Baron23

Look at the heating element of grasshopper it reaches temp in 3 seconds and is small... no aluminium... to be honest you can like hopper labs or not but they were the only one inventing something new...
If they only would recognize there big potential with rhis heating element... I also get bigger and tastier cloud with grasshopper... imagine a grasshopper.heating element and a small aur pump and small size... nothing against s&b but they really slept the last years... they had put money on a heating element which is small (do not think they make their heating elements by them self like the airpump the source and buy from outside... I understand vape critics frustration... and btw I also have bought a hybrid but I realize and accept what it us and not praising because of buyers remorse or cognitive disonance... also there portable vapes are not worth the money crafty ... mighty... at the end they could at least had implement to control the airpump and how much air it is pumping out so your bag is not half of hot air... I think there are vapes like grasshopper ... flowerpot when you could add a air pump they will outperform the volcano... In my opinion the volcano hybrid is a good vaporizer also effect wise but not really worth the money when comparing wirh other and I think they would have the funds to come up with better inventions then they did... and be the king of vapes again but in my opinion they did not... imagine workflow options where the heater reaches temps in 2 or 3 seconds (grasshopper heating element can do this)... I am dissapointed because I knew there is more place for improovments... then adding a metall ring to the bowl for conduction and a heater which heats faster... and that makes me angry ... as said the only one company which improoved the vaporizer market in the last years is grasshopper...
The GH heater is, I believe, sintered metal, made now by Hopper locally, and is still just a frakin electrically resistive heater.

To me....and not saying you have to agree with me....but to me none of the items you mentioned are new technology for extraction. Just features you may like better on one then another.

So, what could be new extraction technologies...and I'm just doing an imagination dump here....well, maybe laser heating of the load but I don't expect to ever see it as lasers of sufficient power are also expensive, power hungry, and dangerous.

Then there is halogen bulbs.....eeeeeeeeh, its been used before...Herbolizer...Apollo....but I believe that these type bulbs don't react well be being run by variable, dimmable, power. I may well be wrong on this.

How about ultrasonic or mazer heating. Again, I don't see these being justifiable but I may well be wrong on this also.

At the end of the day, all we are trying to do is heat some botanicals.

WakeVape&Bake

The tinfoil hat picture in this post is about as close to breaking the Be Nice rule as you want to get. If you can't be respectful of another member's opinions, use PMs or better still, keep your fingers off the keyboard. I won't give you a warning point this time, but tread carefully from now on.

don´t worry, next time i will use the ignore function when reading such nonsense from a member so i
don´t have to read it anymore. the intention of the posts from this member is crystal clear to me.

sorry for the picture, won´t do that again.

Top Bottom